a serious ? about praying for you to fail

Doesn't the bible say something about not gambling though?
the bible says a lot of things, a reference is made to something that could be interpreted as gambling but it doesnt say specifically that gambling is condemned, it just depends on how you look at it. the bible says a lot of things, and lots of them are meant to be taken figuratively not literally, it's important to get the broad meaning of the bible, not to look for every line in the bible and pick it apart. i fully believe that if you lived your life in a truthful and honorable manner and did your best to live your life in a proper way in respect to your religion that god or whoever couldn't care less if you played poker for a living.
why do you need a bible to tell you that? not trying to be political, i just always figured 'common sense' could lead someone to honesty and goodness
  • Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wow. religion. this is spooky. and i don't mean that in a bad way, i mean it in an ignorant canadian way. in canada there is no religion. we're all doomed to hell. but we have lots of water sooooo............... :roll: :twisted: :shock:

Really???? Why????Not funny or did I cross some sort of line? Based on my posts, is it really hard to believe that I think organized religion is for the weak of mind. No offense to those who differ. Believe all you like. I just think ORGANIZED religion is a moneymaking scheme dreamed up long ago. Two words: Benny HinhTwo more words: L. Ron Hubbard (I know its three. Embarce the sarcasm) A failed sci-fi writer invents a religion because there is money in it. Tom Cruise- anyone see a pattern here. Nutbags.
comparing christianity to scientology....wow....thats a long shot even for you ron. by the way whats the evil guys name that scientologists beleive took all the dead alien souls and put them into a brain washing facility? yeah that pretty much proves my point.
I wasn't comparing the two religiions, I was just saying organized religion is just another way for scammers to seperate you from your money.Not all, but some.

Sorry to bump this again, but I had to after seeing this...

Same here. Execpt for Pat Robertson, Jerry Falwell, and the rest of those teleangeslists.
That is just some funny shit! :club:

shouldn't this thread be moved. It astounds me what stays in the general when many useful threads are moved.

My catholic priest is hot. He's got an as.s like 10 year old boy. Oh wait, he's been in the as.s of a 10 year old boy. Sorry, I got confused.
wow. A classic from Mr. Mexico.Notice the subtleties of the pre-bypassing of the censor
Christianity is nearing 2000 years old. To say it doesn't rank among the oldest practiced religions on the planet is absolutely ridiculous.
Actually, Christianity is the second-NEWEST major, still-practiced religion on earth(~33AD). Only Islam is newer (~700AD). Confucionism, Buddhism, Hindu, and Shinto, are all at least 1000 years older. Your western-ness is showing...
Christianity is nearing 2000 years old. To say it doesn't rank among the oldest practiced religions on the planet is absolutely ridiculous.
Actually, Christianity is the second-NEWEST major, still-practiced religion on earth(~33AD). Only Islam is newer (~700AD). Confucionism, Buddhism, Hindu, and Shinto, are all at least 1000 years older. Your western-ness is showing...
Joined: 20 May 2005Posts: 94Location: Atlanta, GAok then..............
Unless one believes that Biblical Christianity is an extension of Judaism, that it is one "long story"; i.e. that Christ is the Messiah to the Jews, prophesied of in the Old Testament, and that the God of the Old Testament and the God of the New Testament are one and the same.In that case, Biblical Christianity would be one of the oldest religions, certainly the oldest still-practiced, and definitely the oldest mono-theistic belief system.
Unless one believes that Biblical Christianity is an extension of Judaism, that it is one "long story"; i.e. that Christ is the Messiah to the Jews, prophesied of in the Old Testament, and that the God of the Old Testament and the God of the New Testament are one and the same.In that case, Biblical Christianity would be one of the oldest religions, certainly the oldest still-practiced, and definitely the oldest mono-theistic belief system.
I certainly did overlook the Hebrew tradition in my last post. "The patriarchal period begins with Abraham. The Bible places the events surrounding Abraham (originally Abram) circa 1800 BCE, give or take 100 years. Abram declared his belief in the One God, initiating the beginning of Judaism."But Hebrew tradition is still not as old as the Eastern religions. Please lock this up!!!
I certainly did overlook the Hebrew tradition in my last post. "The patriarchal period begins with Abraham. The Bible places the events surrounding Abraham (originally Abram) circa 1800 BCE, give or take 100 years. Abram declared his belief in the One God, initiating the beginning of Judaism."But Hebrew tradition is still not as old as the Eastern religions. Please lock this up!!!
Fair enough.Incredible signature by the way. I had not seen that before and almost spat coffee everywhere when I just read it.
Am i the only person who thinks that religion, and the idea that there is a god, laughable? I don't mean to offend anyone, i just don't get it.
And to prove my point, just as i wrote this i got pocket Kings!! :club: :wink: