a serious ? about praying for you to fail

Can we please now talk about how evolution and the creator are intertwined?I feel really smart, I watched the Daily show and the History Channel all in one day.You hear the one about how hell and heaven is actually on earth? That one really got my nostrils flaring.

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The religious are batsh!t crazy. Many of them are nice people but as soon as they start condemning the lifestyles of other people I can't stand them.
Agreed- to hope for the failure of another and to ask God to hurry it along is just ridiculous.
Diabolical:I'm absolutely positive that the vast VAST majority of Catholics never have, nor ever will speak in tongues.  I'm also positive that praying for the failure of others is not something Catholics do on a regular basis.  It sounds to me as if your neighbors are involved in some very non-Catholic things; they can call it whatever they want.  I believe what you are saying, but I'm telling you that what they do doesn't hold for the vast majority of Christians.As for being in a room with 20-30 people speaking in tongues, no I have never been a party to that.  I would find it frightening.  As to that, the Catholic Church teaches that some people do speak in tongues.  Also, it is very rare and comes in twos, not groups of 20-30.  Meaning, one person speaks in tongues, one person interprets.  Obviously, these people have been lead astray at some point or another.  Thats all I know on the subject, so I have nothing else to say on the matter.  I hope I have helped to alleviate some of your ignorance on the matter.Spademan:Christianity is nearing 2000 years old.  To say it doesn't rank among the oldest practiced religions on the planet is absolutely ridiculous.Your statement was uncalled for.  It being a fact makes little difference as to whether it is called for or not.  Surely you would agree that interjecting a few Holocaust statistics into the story of Hannukah would be uncalled for.  This is the same thing.  It provides no meaningful addition to the discussion and only serves to inflame others.I can find fault with the term cult.  Whether or not there is a definition denoting a simple system of believes, you obviously didn't mean it that way.  It was said merely to inflame.  Connotatively the word cult is very negative.Lastly, your skills in rhetoric aren't superlative, don't flatter yourself.  This will be my last post on the subject.  I'm not going to get into a flame war with you.  Your post was the post of a Troll and I won't reward you with what you want.  I will do one thing, though.  I am going to pray for you.  Whether you like it or not.Forum:I'm a long time lurker, first...well...second time poster.  I don't want to seem overly fanatical here, I'm not.  I'm just trying to set the record at least a little straighter about my religion.Thanks
very well said nopunk
I know this is an old thread I am suprised it slipped by me- one thing to add. Tongues, as represented by different religions today is nothing. It's gibberish, it's babble- the actual defenition of tongues was the ability to speak all languages. That is it- it also died out when the apostles died because they had the ability to lay hands on you and pass the gift on- but you could not pass that same gift, only use it. So, once again religion is emotianal rhetoric and lies. Just saying.

I cannot help but post here.I think poker is a wonderful game. But, if I play it too much then I know I am falling into an addiction. So, I stop playing or I play much less.I have learned that: "A gentle answer turns away wrath.""humility comes before honor.""he who is without sin should cast the first stone.""godliness and contentment is great gain""All have sinned and fall short of the glory of God.""One day every knee shall bow and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord."Loving someone is far more powerful that hate. This is how Jesus won the hearts of so many (including mine when I realized how meaningless and hopeless my life was when I was 24 yrs old).Christianity is the only "religion" that God humbled himself and came to die for people. Every other religion places the "higher power" on a pedestel. These "gods" desire more power. Jesus Christ came as a servant that loved and loves people into wanting Him in their lives.If you are confused/sad/wondering about God/Christ and really want to know that there really is a good and happy ending, then please PM me.Let the flames begin if they must. I promise to "turn the other cheek" because I understand that "from the overflow of the heart the mouth speaks".

I cannot help but post here.I think poker is a wonderful game.  But, if I play it too much then I know I am falling into an addiction.  So, I stop playing or I play much less.I have learned that:  "A gentle answer turns away wrath.""humility comes before honor.""he who is without sin should cast the first stone.""godliness and contentment is great gain""All have sinned and fall short of the glory of God.""One day every knee shall bow and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord."Loving someone is far more powerful that hate.  This is how Jesus won the hearts of so many (including mine when I realized how meaningless and hopeless my life was when I was 24 yrs old).Christianity is the only "religion" that God humbled himself and came to die for people.  Every other religion places the "higher power" on a pedestel.  These "gods" desire more power.  Jesus Christ came as a servant that loved and loves people into wanting Him in their lives.If you are confused/sad/wondering about God/Christ and really want to know that there really is a good and happy ending, then please PM me.Let the flames begin if they must.  I promise to "turn the other cheek" because I understand that "from the overflow of the heart the mouth speaks".
Lock it up.
Christianity is the only "religion" that God humbled himself and came to die for people. Every other religion places the "higher power" on a pedestel. These "gods" desire more power. Jesus Christ came as a servant that loved and loves people into wanting Him in their lives.
Was Jesus not the son of god? I do believe you worship the same god that the Muslims, Jews, and every other branch of Christianity worship. They might call him something different, but Im pretty sure he/she/it is the one and the same.And not every other religion places the "higher power" on a pedestal. Buddha was a regular person, just like Jesus.
Really???? Why????Not funny or did I cross some sort of line? Based on my posts, is it really hard to believe that I think organized religion is for the weak of mind. No offense to those who differ. Believe all you like. I just think ORGANIZED religion is a moneymaking scheme dreamed up long ago. Two words: Benny HinhTwo more words: L. Ron Hubbard (I know its three. Embarce the sarcasm) A failed sci-fi writer invents a religion because there is money in it. Tom Cruise- anyone see a pattern here. Nutbags.
comparing christianity to scientology....wow....thats a long shot even for you ron. by the way whats the evil guys name that scientologists beleive took all the dead alien souls and put them into a brain washing facility? yeah that pretty much proves my point.
I wasn't comparing the two religiions, I was just saying organized religion is just another way for scammers to seperate you from your money.Not all, but some.
now i'm relatively familiar with the christian church in that you are supposed to give tithe(10% of what you make). this money pays for the pastor, the elders, the building, electricity, heat, weekly dinners, and after that the pastor and elders normally decide how to spend the money. these records of spending are public and mostly goto missionary couples who are over seas or members of the church who are in need(elderly widow's, etc.). although i'm not part of a church and haven't been for about 5 years i don't see what they are doing as negative. i just beleive spirituality should be held on a personal level and not rely upon the people just as ****ed up as me for guidance. i'm just wondering how you think that the christian church is a scam? are you basing this off the "radicals" you see on the tube doing t.v. evangalism? they are what osama is to the muslim community, except less IED's and rocket launchers and more greed for money.edit: if the latter comments weren't pertaining to christianity i apologize for this long ass post.
Spademan: Christianity is nearing 2000 years old. To say it doesn't rank among the oldest practiced religions on the planet is absolutely ridiculous.
I suppose you could interpret it that way if you're delusional enough to believe that the world was created a few thousand years ago.
shouldn't this thread be moved. It astounds me what stays in the general when many useful threads are moved.
it astounds me how you little kids want to lock shiiat up or send things to off topic when you don't like the threads. Man................................some of you are Nazis!!!if you don't like whats being discussed on the thread................. don't open and read it.when I bumped this thread,.............. it was at 800 views. Now the the views have more than trippled. Get over yourself and what you"like" or don't like. there are obvioulsy many others who are readin this thread. Let them read it. It's called "free speech".
Spademan: Christianity is nearing 2000 years old. To say it doesn't rank among the oldest practiced religions on the planet is absolutely ridiculous.
I suppose you could interpret it that way if you're delusional enough to believe that the world was created a few thousand years ago.
you must be one of those people who think carbon dating is bulletproof. although it may be accurate for artifacts that are a few thousand years old, to say that it can effectivly calculate the age of artifacts a few million years old is merely speculation. the truth is that no one knows the extent to which carbon dating is truely accurate...or did you just make some break through that i've missed in the news headlines? a thousand years ago we thought the earths geographical composition was on a flat plane, a couple hundred years later we were sure the sun revolved around the earth, and now we are POSITIVE the earth is a few million years old. right.
Just noticed the way this was quoted makes it look like I'm the one who said it "ranks among the oldest". Want to make it clear I didn't, that was someone ignorantly responding to one of my crushing statements.
you must be one of those people who think carbon dating is bulletproof. although it may be accurate for artifacts that are a few thousand years old, to say that it can effectivly calculate the age of artifacts a few million years old is merely speculation. the truth is that no one knows the extent to which carbon dating is truely accurate...or did you just make some break through that i've missed in the news headlines? a thousand years ago we thought the earths geographical composition was on a flat plane, a couple hundred years later we were sure the sun revolved around the earth, and now we are POSITIVE the earth is a few million years old. right.
No your right. It is not proof. In fact it is considered scientific theory. But it makes alot more sense to believe that then to believe "facts" from a book that has stories of men living inside fish. If you dont believe that the earth is millions of years old, then you dont believe in evolution. It makes alot more sense to believe that we evolved, then to think we were just put here. I really dont understand what you are arguing. Are you trying to say that the world is only a couple thousand years old? If so, then wouldnt it make sense for some ancient civilizations to have come in contact with dinosaurs?
If so, then wouldnt it make sense for some ancient civilizations to have come in contact with dinosaurs?
What is you, stupid?Jebus put them dino bones in da Earf to FOOLZ PEOPLEZ.I'd a'done been too easy for us peoplez if he'z didn't play no games and we'd all gets into that heavenz... DUH!
What is you, stupid?Jebus put them dino bones in da Earf to FOOLZ PEOPLEZ.I'd a'done been too easy for us peoplez if he'z didn't play no games and we'd all gets into that heavenz... DUH!
Ill let you reread my post. Then you can apologize to me.
If so, then wouldnt it make sense for some ancient civilizations to have come in contact with dinosaurs?
chalk up another intelligent response from spademan.
Ill let you reread my post. Then you can apologize to me.
I'll let you reread my post, realize that I was in agreement with you, and apologize to me for thinking that I had something to apologize to you for.
I'll let you reread my post, realize that I was in agreement with you, and apologize to me for thinking that I had something to apologize to you for.
Ok, Im sorry. Im a little too dense to figure out who that was directed at.
I cannot help but post here.I think poker is a wonderful game. But, if I play it too much then I know I am falling into an addiction. So, I stop playing or I play much less.I have learned that: "A gentle answer turns away wrath.""humility comes before honor.""he who is without sin should cast the first stone.""godliness and contentment is great gain""All have sinned and fall short of the glory of God.""One day every knee shall bow and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord."Loving someone is far more powerful that hate. This is how Jesus won the hearts of so many (including mine when I realized how meaningless and hopeless my life was when I was 24 yrs old).Christianity is the only "religion" that God humbled himself and came to die for people. Every other religion places the "higher power" on a pedestel. These "gods" desire more power. Jesus Christ came as a servant that loved and loves people into wanting Him in their lives.If you are confused/sad/wondering about God/Christ and really want to know that there really is a good and happy ending, then please PM me.Let the flames begin if they must. I promise to "turn the other cheek" because I understand that "from the overflow of the heart the mouth speaks".
God didn't come to die he sent his son. I hate to nitpick, well, that's just not true I love to nitpick but that's kind of a large detail/misunderstanding. Generally I have been avoiding these threads because it's pointless, but that little detail grabbed me. As far as the dinoaur thing I love how all of the "history" involving dinosaurs date back to reconstructions of hypothetical skeletal structures- now, when some random bones are found it's indentified as this or that, all based off of reconstructed partial skeletons that no one has any real clue what they are. Oftentimes they are proven to be something else, whether buffaol, elephant, even whalebones. Dinosaurs, are, as far as provability goes, imagination. Nowhere in written history had anyone observed a dinosaur, and, before you say, " Well, you can't prove Christ existed. " At least we have that, and you dinosaur thumpers cant even produce something as simple as that. Mostly because they are determined prehistoric which could easily be termed complete conjecture. Good luck telling me I am wrong with this one. Now, what is the over under on the amount of post padding "Your wrong " posts?
Nowhere in written history had anyone observed a dinosaur
This is my point. Dinosaurs existed. Since there is no evidence that anybody ever saw one tells me that they were around a very long time ago. Which means that the earth is very old.You can choose not to believe in dinsoaurs. Thats fine. But written history isnt exactly proof of anything. There are books today about talking to ghosts. Now I dont know if people can talk to ghosts or not, but just because it was written down doesnt mean I have to believe it. Now there are bones that cant be identified as anything that is currently alive. So people hypothesized and did alot of work and decided that they came from giant ancient reptiles. They called them dinosaurs. If you dont believe these bones exist, then fine. And Jesus existed. I have no doubt he did. Whether he was god's son is another question.
Dinosaurs' date=' are' date=' as far as provability goes, imagination. Nowhere in written history had anyone observed a dinosaur, and, before you say, " Well, you can't prove Christ existed. " At least we have that, and you dinosaur thumpers cant even produce something as simple as that. Mostly because they are determined prehistoric which could easily be termed complete conjecture. Good luck telling me I am wrong with this one. Now, what is the over under on the amount of post padding "Your wrong " posts?[/quote'']jus so i understand you. You are sayin christ did exsist? That man that claimed he was the son of god did exsist. I agree. But it doesn't mean he "was" the son of god. The Dinosaur thing you talk about is plausible. I've heard that there is a possibility that bones were put together from different animals and made into "Dinosaurs"But just because there was a man named "jesus" who claimed to be the son of god, it doesn't make it so.Jesus jus had a good PR group around him. 12 discliples were tellin others that he is the son of god. There were others at jesus' time who were also sayin they were God. But, they didn't have the backing jesus did
The Dinosaur thing you talk about is plausible. I've heard that there is a possibility that bones were put together from different animals and made into "Dinosaurs"
No, it isn't. Not even close. Unless, of course, one ignores "science" and the "scientific process." And "reason." One would have to ignore reason as well.