a serious ? about praying for you to fail

The Dinosaur thing you talk about is plausible. I've heard that there is a possibility that bones were put together from different animals and made into "Dinosaurs"
No, it isn't. Not even close. Unless, of course, on ignores "science" and the "scientific process." And "reason." One would have to ignore reason as well.
I never said I beieved in the theory "religiously", (for lack of a better word)I jus heard that there is an argument that bones were taken from different animals to make "Dinosaurs"
  • Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Since there are a bunch of christians reading this, I thought I'd ask:How did Christ's death pardon all of mankind's sins? How does that work, exactly? It never made sense to me, but I'm just an ignorant unsaved heathen. I feel like it only makes sense if God and the devil had a bet for the souls of all mankind, god lost, and when god went to settle up, they decided that having his son's soul (instead of everyone else's) would nicely settle the bet. But I'm absolutely hammered right now, so not much makes sense to me. Or not much I say makes sense right now.. or something like that.

Since there are a bunch of christians reading this, I thought I'd ask:How did Christ's death pardon all of mankind's sins? How does that work, exactly? It never made sense to me, but I'm just an ignorant unsaved heathen. I feel like it only makes sense if God and the devil had a bet for the souls of all mankind, god lost, and when god went to settle up, they decided that having his son's soul (instead of everyone else's) would nicely settle the bet. But I'm absolutely hammered right now, so not much makes sense to me. Or not much I say makes sense right now.. or something like that.
hahahahaahahhayou know, even though sometimes you and I have our little disagreements. I have to say, i apresiate your company from time to time.
hahahahaahahhayou know, even though sometimes you and I have our little disagreements. I have to say, i apresiate your company from time to time.
Thanks. So I was thinking about the bet a little more, I guess that would mean Jesus is in hell, right? Like he took the place of all the sinners in hell? I'm an atheist and all, but that's just messed up. Why does everything relate to gambling with me? I need a twelve step program or something.
Thanks.So I was thinking about the bet a little more, I guess that would mean Jesus is in hell, right? Like he took the place of all the sinners in hell? I'm an atheist and all, but that's just messed up. Why does everything relate to gambling with me? I need a twelve step program or something.
I have a question about atheism. I am an agnostic. I was just wondering how you take such a huge step to believe there is no god. I mean I dont believe in the fantasy gods that rule most organized religions, but when it comes to the beginning, I just feel that something created all of this. And I dont mean that just poof, everything is fully developed. I mean that scientist cant ever get back to the 0 point of the universe. I just believe that something(a highly developed organism maybe) was able to jumpstart the beginning of the universe. I was just wondering how you see everything coming into existence.I have also heard an intriguing argument that the universe will go on infinitly into the future and therefore has gone infinitly into the past, so there is no 0 point. But Im not sold on that one.
you must be one of those people who think carbon dating is bulletproof. although it may be accurate for artifacts that are a few thousand years old, to say that it can effectivly calculate the age of artifacts a few million years old is merely speculation. the truth is that no one knows the extent to which carbon dating is truely accurate...or did you just make some break through that i've missed in the news headlines? a thousand years ago we thought the earths geographical composition was on a flat plane, a couple hundred years later we were sure the sun revolved around the earth, and now we are POSITIVE the earth is a few million years old. right.
I considered writing out an in depth post to 'enlighten' you.But then i realized that you're probably mentally retarded. So why bother?
I have a question about atheism. I am an agnostic. I was just wondering how you take such a huge step to believe there is no god.
The same way you take a huge step to believe there is no tooth fairy, or chupacabra(sp), or giant, invisible piles of poop floating around Uranus(pun intended) or grass that talks, or donkey's that speak Latin when nobody is around, or boogeymen, or square circles.This is a common misconception about 'atheism'. It is no more a belief than anyone not believing in anything particular thing whatsoever, especially the ludicrous, without proof.
Thanks.So I was thinking about the bet a little more, I guess that would mean Jesus is in hell, right? Like he took the place of all the sinners in hell? I'm an atheist and all, but that's just messed up. Why does everything relate to gambling with me? I need a twelve step program or something.
I have a question about atheism. I am an agnostic. I was just wondering how you take such a huge step to believe there is no god. I mean I dont believe in the fantasy gods that rule most organized religions, but when it comes to the beginning, I just feel that something created all of this. And I dont mean that just poof, everything is fully developed. I mean that scientist cant ever get back to the 0 point of the universe. I just believe that something(a highly developed organism maybe) was able to jumpstart the beginning of the universe. I was just wondering how you see everything coming into existence.I have also heard an intriguing argument that the universe will go on infinitly into the future and therefore has gone infinitly into the past, so there is no 0 point. But Im not sold on that one.
Of all of the rationalizations, theories and explanations of existence out there, an entity creating the universe billions of years ago and letting things progress from there is the least plausible (to me). Not to mention the fact that the existance of a god opens the doors to many more questions about the nature of the universe.
I have a question about atheism. I am an agnostic. I was just wondering how you take such a huge step to believe there is no god.
The same way you take a huge step to believe there is no tooth fairy, or chupacabra(sp), or giant, invisible piles of poop floating around Uranus(pun intended) or grass that talks, or donkey's that speak Latin when nobody is around, or boogeymen, or square circles.This is a common misconception about 'atheism'. It is no more a belief than anyone not believing in anything particular thing whatsoever, especially the ludicrous, without proof.
I had to look up chupacabra.
This is a common misconception about 'atheism'. It is no more a belief than anyone not believing in anything particular thing whatsoever, especially the ludicrous, without proof.
Actually an Atheist does not believe in dieties of any kind. Therefore I made no common misconception. All I asked was how you cant at least leave the option out there that a higher power might exist. Its a long shot, but as you learn in physics, anything is possible.
Therefore I made no common misconception. All I asked was how you cant at least leave the option out there that a higher power might exist..
It was the statement "I was just wondering how you take such a huge step to believe there is no god." I was speaking about.It is not a belief, it is the opposite of a belief.The problem is somewhat semantical, but I mince words about it because I've known many a theist who attempts to set up atheism as a "belief", a "philosophical system", and as such a "faith".It is none of the above.No such claims are made about people who don't believe dragons live in mexico, or that Hugh Grant doesn't teleport into their room at night and give them a handie. All of these things are possible, but not believing them isn't a "belief" or a "faith", it is a lack of belief.
It was the statement "I was just wondering how you take such a huge step to believe there is no god." I was speaking about.It is not a belief, it is the opposite of a belief.The problem is somewhat semantical, but I mince words about it because I've known many a theist who attempts to set up atheism as a "belief", a "philosophical system", and as such a "faith".It is none of the above.No such claims are made about people who don't believe dragons live in mexico, or that Hugh Grant doesn't teleport into their room at night and give them a handie.All of these things are possible, but not believing them isn't a "belief" or a "faith", it is a lack of belief.
Im sorry, I worded that wrong. I know atheism is not a belif system. I know its not a faith. I dont really like theists much. And I am in no way one of them. I understand that everything could just be one big random event with no purpose or direction. And that makes perfect sense in a way. I kind of look at this way. Life is a big roulette wheel. And nothing would happen if somebody didnt spin the ball. Now that somebody holds a power that they might not even realize they hold. They are indirectly influencing everything. They dont decide where the ball goes and who gets what, but they got the ball rolling in a sense. I dont know if a god exists or not. But I have do believe something got the ball rolling. Something that we probably will never understand.
This is pretty irrational.
Nothing to do with beliefs or anything, they just tend to be arrogant.
This is also pretty irrational, and wrong. As an atheist, I'll admit that we're more arrogant as a group than "theists".
This is also pretty irrational, and wrong. As an atheist, I'll admit that we're more arrogant as a group than "theists".
I agree that atheists tend to be arrogant. I dont really like atheists either. But Im trying to have a civilized conversation with you, so I didnt feel you needed to know that.And I dont have a problem with all theists or atheists. I dont really have a problem with any theist or atheist. Arrogant people put me off. And alot of theists and atheists are arrogant.

Hasn't your friend ever heard of the be to other people nice religion....I was raised Catholic too...but the preists and nuns were really liberal....from what i know now.Wow, wishing bad on someone surely won't get you to heaven.On second thought....She's more worried about you getting to heaven than her? Maybe you should marry her? :twisted:

I agree that atheists tend to be arrogant. I dont really like atheists either. But Im trying to have a civilized conversation with you, so I didnt feel you needed to know that.And I dont have a problem with all theists or atheists. I dont really have a problem with any theist or atheist. Arrogant people put me off. And alot of theists and atheists are arrogant.
I'm admittedly arrogant, so this has got to be killing you, but, between all the backpedaling and contradictions your post makes absolutely no sense.
I'm admittedly arrogant, so this has got to be killing you, but, between all the backpedaling and contradictions your post makes absolutely no sense.
My post makes sense. I dont really like arrogant people. I dont really have a problem with theists or atheists, but they tend to be arrogant. So, I dont really care for you. I dont mind if your around. But I can only take it for so long. You can take from this whatever you want. I am done talking about it.
My post makes sense.
I dont have a problem with all theists or atheists.  I dont really have a problem with any theist or atheist.  Arrogant people put me off.  And alot of theists and atheists are arrogant.  
ok, so you don't have a problem with all theists or atheists, then you don't really have a problem with any of them. But you don't like arrogant people, and you say alot of theists and atheists are arrogant..... yet you don't have a problem with any of them.
I cannot help but post here.I think poker is a wonderful game.  But, if I play it too much then I know I am falling into an addiction.  So, I stop playing or I play much less.I have learned that:  "A gentle answer turns away wrath.""humility comes before honor.""he who is without sin should cast the first stone.""godliness and contentment is great gain""All have sinned and fall short of the glory of God.""One day every knee shall bow and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord."Loving someone is far more powerful that hate.  This is how Jesus won the hearts of so many (including mine when I realized how meaningless and hopeless my life was when I was 24 yrs old).Christianity is the only "religion" that God humbled himself and came to die for people.  Every other religion places the "higher power" on a pedestel.  These "gods" desire more power.  Jesus Christ came as a servant that loved and loves people into wanting Him in their lives.If you are confused/sad/wondering about God/Christ and really want to know that there really is a good and happy ending, then please PM me.Let the flames begin if they must.  I promise to "turn the other cheek" because I understand that "from the overflow of the heart the mouth speaks".
couldn't have said it better.
I have also heard an intriguing argument that the universe will go on infinitly into the future and therefore has gone infinitly into the past, so there is no 0 point.  But Im not sold on that one.
No. Most scientists agree on the big bang theory, which is the idea that the universe as we know it began at some finite point in the past (ignore my sloppy use of words, since at the point of the big bang time and space had no meaning). However, it is possible that even with a finite beginning the universe may go infinitely into the future. Or not. None of this is in any way a proof or a disproof of God, though.

...live your heaven now. This might be the only chance you get. i second this statementto everybody else, i think my head is gonna explode lol. so many opinions cant even reply to them all. i consider myself an atheist. whoever said that atheism isnt a belief in a faith, or that you can have faith i kinda disagree with that. i have faith, not sure whats its in but i do have faith, maybe that means im not athiest, i dont know. i dont believe in god, i dont believe jesus died for MY sins, and i dont much care either way, so what am i???to whoever said dinosaurs dont exist, shut up, not else i can add to that<-------do jackalopes exist???sidenote, to the orignal poster, maybe my faith is in karma, let her think pray and believe what she wants, itll all come back around one day. this i know................also its been a year since the orignal post, has anything changed about the situation, or did you just want to get some more people angry and all?edit.......im reading angels and demons right now and it just literally talked about the big bang and religion being both "feasable" and together or something like that(karma,syncronicity lol), i know its fiction but a good read so far.reading the da vinci code next