I Called In Sick Today

Hot damn, its not even half 8 in the morning and its already almost 70 degrees. I thought I wanted the weather to warm up but I've changed my mind. I am uncomfortably hot. 70 degrees is considered warm by most people here but for me as an English girl it is too darn hot.
sometimes i feel really, really bad for geoffrey.
  • Replies 268k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ron_Mexico

• speedz99

• Napa Lite

• ShakeZuma

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

and after 3 days, he is risen!

If you are paying $20 for a haircut, I imagine people assume you did it yourself anyway.

Pocket change cost me my first and only black girlfriend.   It was in the middle of a roaring poker boom and I was flush in ways most men don't even bother dreaming of. Money, it was like dirt to me

Posted Images

Home got robbed Today -
This is getting more and more common in the Bay. Out in Disco Bay, robberies have gone up 3 fold in the last couple months and they are expected to get worse. Our genius county supervisor cut 2.5 million from the Sheriff's budget, laying off 29 Sheriffs. So now in all of contra cost county there will be a maximum of 6 graveyard sheriffs on at any one time. Most of which will be in the Richmond/Martinez/Bay Point areas, leaving east contra costa county pretty much not covered and there are no police.I am glad I moved. Non gated communities are getting hit harder too.
I was using the women's tee because I hit my first shot 20 yards - obv a bad shot. Not really me it's a joke. Gambling is illegal at Bushwood sir, and I never slice.
OK, you can owe me.
Hot damn, its not even half 8 in the morning and its already almost 70 degrees. I thought I wanted the weather to warm up but I've changed my mind. I am uncomfortably hot. 70 degrees is considered warm by most people here but for me as an English girl it is too darn hot.
This isn't your first summer here right? I can't remember when you moved. If you think 70 is bad, doesn't Kansas get up in the 90's come middle of the summer? You're going to melt and go all Michael Douglas on the KU campus.Damn Andre, that sucks. Glad everyone is okay though.
This isn't your first summer here right? I can't remember when you moved. If you think 70 is bad, doesn't Kansas get up in the 90's come middle of the summer? You're going to melt and go all Michael Douglas on the KU campus.Damn Andre, that sucks. Glad everyone is okay though.
Yeah it gets way hotter here. I just forgot how unpleasant it was. I do get pretty hideous looking when it gets over 80F, my face gets all red and shiny etc. I'm only here for 4 more weeks or so though, so I'll handle it.

Locks were just changed outI think that it was either the contractor or one of his subcontractors since there was no force required to get into our house. Also, the fact that nothing was broken or damaged and they knew Kim's schedule (they hit in a two hour window). Nothing provable of course.There is an "I told you so" moment here. We've always had the option of getting insurance for the contents of our home for which I've been "for" and Kim's been against due to the cost and the fact that she didn't think we'd ever get burglarized. So for 14 years+, it was a good choice not to have it....Probably will get an alarm system too for piece of mind for the family

may I recommend63270.jpg
Kim's never wanted a dog - I was thinking that this would be a good reason to get one. However, most family type dogs (labs, goldens) probably aren't great guard dogs is my guess. I was talking about getting a dog with our neighbor yesterday and she said 'Don't get a pit bull' - hmm, our neighbor across the street has one and they seem to be left alone.
Incoming Text, ASHY: i fly into detroit tomorrow. wanna pick me up?Outgoing Text, WANG: Sorry, babe. I've got to work tomorrow.Incoming Text, ASHY: i didn't even tell you what time my flight is.Well. This has started out just swimmingly.
Love it. She seems like she's too smart for you, though.
I never slice.
I'll have a hamburger. No, a cheeseburger.
Kim's never wanted a dog - I was thinking that this would be a good reason to get one. However, most family type dogs (labs, goldens) probably aren't great guard dogs is my guess. I was talking about getting a dog with our neighbor yesterday and she said 'Don't get a pit bull' - hmm, our neighbor across the street has one and they seem to be left alone.
Pit bulls can be great, but you have to worry about things like insurance and being super careful about socializing them properly. If you want a dog that's supposed to be a great family pet and also a good guard, rottweilers are the way to go.But pretty much any decent sized dog is a crime deterrent. Yeah, labs and goldens are sweet in general, but from what I understand the vast majority of potential house robbers would rather just find another house than take a chance on the big dog inside that looks nice but might decide to protect the home.
You use the gun to shoot the dog, right?
EXACTLY. you think a burglars gonna rob the guy with a pile of dead pitbulls in his front yard? doubtful. pretty doubtful.
Hahahaha. This was a funny exchange.I think a medium to large dog that barks at approaching strangers is probably enough of a deterrent. Anything that looks like he's got a little German Shepherd in him would probably work just fine.
I think a medium to large dog that barks at approaching strangers is probably enough of a deterrent. Anything that looks like he's got a little German Shepherd in him would probably work just fine.
I doubt there's many jewish burglars out there.
Andre, An Akita is a great family dog and a hell of a guard dog. I have one and you should look into one of these if you're considering one. That or an Ambullneo.
Andre, An Akita is a great family dog and a hell of a guard dog. I have one and you should look into one of these if you're considering one. That or an Ambullneo.
Thanks James - I'll take a look.I looked up Rottweilers per Matt's suggestion. The following items concerned me:An extremely careful search to avoid all the bad-tempered Rottweilers Legal liabilities (public perception, future breed bans, insurance problems, increased chance of lawsuits)A multitude of serious health problems and a short lifespan Gassiness (flatulence) I also know of a Husky rescue group nearby - and the kids like the breed (prob from watching 8 below)

This morning I went into Starbucks to grab a coffee and I had one of those gift cards which I handed to the cashier who then swiped it handed it back and said 'thank you.' As I was walking away she said 'excuse me sir, there was nothing on that card.' As I turned around to give her some cash, the guy behind me said don't worry about it and paid for it. At first I said no, but he had already paid for it, so I thanked him a couple times and went on my way.Afterward I was thinking about this gesture, you don't see it that often and I wish there were more people in the world like this guy. That way I wouldn't have to keep paying for my own coffee.

I also know of a Husky rescue group nearby - and the kids like the breed (prob from watching 8 below)
Husky may not be the best choice, they are work dogs and need to be working all day or they will go insane. Do you have a lot of outdoor space for them to run, etc? The amount of energy they need to work off is pretty impressive - not a the kind of dog that will be lying on the floor and just hanging out all the time.
This morning I went into Starbucks to grab a coffee and I had one of those gift cards which I handed to the cashier who then swiped it handed it back and said 'thank you.' As I was walking away she said 'excuse me sir, there was nothing on that card.' As I turned around to give her some cash, the guy behind me said don't worry about it and paid for it. At first I said no, but he had already paid for it, so I thanked him a couple times and went on my way.Afterward I was thinking about this gesture, you don't see it that often and I wish there were more people in the world like this guy. That way I wouldn't have to keep paying for my own coffee.
pay it forward, man.
I do this kind of stuff all the time. Whenever somebody is digging for quarters in her change purse to buy a bagel or something, I wait 5 seconds and just pay for it myself. It's not because I'm nice; I just don't like waiting for my fucking coffee.
Thanks James - I'll take a look.I looked up Rottweilers per Matt's suggestion. The following items concerned me:An extremely careful search to avoid all the bad-tempered Rottweilers Legal liabilities (public perception, future breed bans, insurance problems, increased chance of lawsuits)A multitude of serious health problems and a short lifespan Gassiness (flatulence) I also know of a Husky rescue group nearby - and the kids like the breed (prob from watching 8 below)
No prob. Here's some pics to sway you:As a pup:n91900074_30045150_3681.jpgBigger:n91900074_30074387_4928.jpg2374_503235286210_91900074_30074383_81_n.jpgn91900074_30074386_942.jpg
I looked up Rottweilers per Matt's suggestion. I also know of a Husky rescue group nearby - and the kids like the breed (prob from watching 8 below)
It's too hot in CA for huskies and, IMO cruel to have them in this weather. Rotts, Dobermans, and Pitbulls you are going to have trouble getting homeowners insurance. I have AAA and they would not cover our Rott. She chased after a kid on a scooter once, playfully, but the kid got scared fell down and I was afraid of the parents suing us, so we took her to my Mother in Laws that day.Great dogs, but liability in this sue happy state is an issue. FWIW Akita's are known for biting and some insurances won't cover them either. A couple other breeds I know that have insurance issues because of aggressiveness are Chow's and Standard Poodles.Go to the pound, get a mutt.
pay it forward, man.
WWSD?
I do this kind of stuff all the time. Whenever somebody is digging for quarters in her change purse to buy a bagel or something, I wait 5 seconds and just pay for it myself. It's not because I'm nice; I just don't like waiting for my fucking coffee.
I have done this often in the grocery line or party store line and for the same reason, I am impatient.