I Called In Sick Today

This morning I went into Starbucks to grab a coffee and I had one of those gift cards which I handed to the cashier who then swiped it handed it back and said 'thank you.' As I was walking away she said 'excuse me sir, there was nothing on that card.' As I turned around to give her some cash, the guy behind me said don't worry about it and paid for it. At first I said no, but he had already paid for it, so I thanked him a couple times and went on my way.Afterward I was thinking about this gesture, you don't see it that often and I wish there were more people in the world like this guy. That way I wouldn't have to keep paying for my own coffee.
pay-it-forward.jpg
  • Replies 268k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ron_Mexico

• speedz99

• Napa Lite

• ShakeZuma

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

and after 3 days, he is risen!

If you are paying $20 for a haircut, I imagine people assume you did it yourself anyway.

Pocket change cost me my first and only black girlfriend.   It was in the middle of a roaring poker boom and I was flush in ways most men don't even bother dreaming of. Money, it was like dirt to me

Posted Images

She is, in all likelihood, smarter than me. She's going to graduate school at Columbia in the fall.
Unless it's for something like med school, physics, or applied mathematics, that doesn't mean she's smarter than you. I mean, I believe you if you think she might be, but that's not proof of anything. I have a few friends in grad programs there that aren't even as smart as me.
Andre, An Akita is a great family dog and a hell of a guard dog. I have one and you should look into one of these if you're considering one. That or an Ambullneo.
This is a great example of the classic "I have X dog and he's awesome so you should also get an X dog". I'm sure your dog is great, but Akitas have a reputation as biters and not being kid friendly. In general, Akitas should only be owned by very experienced dog owners...and if there are kids in the house you have to work really hard with the kids and the dog together. They aren't naturally loyal per say, they're just loyal to those in the pack that they consider to be above them.
I looked up Rottweilers per Matt's suggestion. The following items concerned me:An extremely careful search to avoid all the bad-tempered Rottweilers Legal liabilities (public perception, future breed bans, insurance problems, increased chance of lawsuits)A multitude of serious health problems and a short lifespan Gassiness (flatulence) I also know of a Husky rescue group nearby - and the kids like the breed (prob from watching 8 below)
Yeah, I was thinking of rotts as being less of an issue legally than pits, but I guess they're still pretty bad. The health stuff isn't bad if you get it from a reputable breeder. Like someone else mentioned, huskies can be tough...like with the akita (and I suppose the rottweiler too), I guess it's all about how hard you're willing to work with them.
Go to the pound, get a mutt.
It's cliche, but it really is the best way to go. With a 1 year old dog, which there are a ton of in shelters all over the place, you can already know the personality before you bring it home, but it's still young enough to be around for a long time. You can also foster with the option of adopting assuming it works out. Mutts are healthier in general, too.

She graduated from the University of Michigan with a degree in Biomedical Psychology, whatever that means. It's got "bio" and "medical" in it, and it's shortened to "BioPsych." Columbia's a pretty good school, I believe. And, no, she's probably not smarter than me because she's a woman, but if she were a man, she would be close.

Locks were just changed outI think that it was either the contractor or one of his subcontractors since there was no force required to get into our house.Probably will get an alarm system too for piece of mind for the family
The locks are just there to keep the honest people honest.... they are worthless against a skilled info. At the most a combination lockset and deadbolt will slow them down a few secondsOne of my favorite burglar stories is the guy who spent thousands on locks and a security system over in Okiehomie after a break in. A few years later they hit him again by crawling under the house and sawing thru the floor....Crooks are smart people....well, some of them anywaysIn other news, someone finally did something Ive always wanted to do a couple towns away from here....no, it wasnt meGARFIELD, Ark. -- A northwest Arkansas water tower sprung a leak after it was struck by three bullets, according to the Benton County Daily Record.Officials told the newspaper that the damage to the water tower in Garfield will cost up to $10,000 to repair.Officials said three rounds from a high-powered rifle penetrated the tank's steel skin on Tuesday, about 100 feet above the ground. Officials said water is escaping the tank at a rate of 25,000 gallons a day.The tower, which is owned by the Benton-Washington Regional Public Water Authority, holds 880,000 gallons of water to serve Garfield, Gateway and Lost Bridge.Officials said the tank will be repaired, then inspected by a team of certified sanitized scuba divers.The Benton County Sheriff's Office is investigating.
Ford did really well for me today.
A properly trained pit bull is the best dog in the world, in my opinion.
My ex boss had a pit bull and she was one of the sweetest dogs I have ever been around. Quiet, well behaved, loved attention, and anyone funny shows up, menacing as hell.
This is a great example of the classic "I have X dog and he's awesome so you should also get an X dog". I'm sure your dog is great, but Akitas have a reputation as biters and not being kid friendly. In general, Akitas should only be owned by very experienced dog owners...and if there are kids in the house you have to work really hard with the kids and the dog together. They aren't naturally loyal per say, they're just loyal to those in the pack that they consider to be above them.
I've had two, one I had as a small child and it was really great with me and my other younger sibling, it was the Japanese Lassie (haven't really ever heard the biting thing before) so maybe I'm just fortunate I won the Akita temperament genetic lottery.
She graduated from the University of Michigan with a degree in Biomedical Psychology, whatever that means. It's got "bio" and "medical" in it, and it's shortened to "BioPsych." Columbia's a pretty good school, I believe. And, no, she's probably not smarter than me because she's a woman, but if she were a man, she would be close.
I automatically think I'm smarter than anyone who has a degree in psychology, no matter how advanced the degree or how many fancy words precede it. Your second point is well taken.
I've had two, one I had as a small child and it was really great with me and my other younger sibling, it was the Japanese Lassie (haven't really ever heard the biting thing before) so maybe I'm just fortunate I won the Akita temperament genetic lottery.
I'm sure most of them are great, it's just something I'd warn any friend about if he was thinking about the breed. Maybe they could smell the asian in your family and automatically loved you. So I guess that'd work for Andre too, no? Ok, go Akita.
I automatically think I'm smarter than anyone who has a degree in psychology, no matter how advanced the degree or how many fancy words precede it. Your second point is well taken.
I've actually had sexual relations with TWO women who received undergraduate degrees in BioPsych, and later pursued graduate degress at prestigious universities in the medical field, but did not become doctors. One got her masters in public health at USC, and is currently getting a second masters (with plans to get her doctorate) at Georgetown. The other took some time off to be a member of a traveling Dance Instruction Carnival before matriculating at Columbia to get a degree in Hospital Administration. I laughed and said something like, "So, you decided to just be a nurse, huh?" She didn't think that was nearly as funny as I did. It probably wasn't, but -- sheesh -- lighten up, woman.Both were smart, but not blow-your-hair-back smart. I am not blow-your-hair-back smart, either -- not even close; my IQ is probably like 115 -- but I could demolish either woman in a trivia contest, so as far as I can see, I win. Also I can point and laugh at them and say things like, "Haha, you had sex with me." Score one more point for Derek.
I've actually had sexual relations with TWO women who received undergraduate degrees in BioPsych, and later pursued graduate degress at prestigious universities in the medical field, but did not become doctors. One got her masters in public health at USC, and is currently getting a second masters (with plans to get her doctorate) at Georgetown. The other took some time off to be a member of a traveling Dance Instruction Carnival before matriculating at Columbia to get a degree in Hospital Administration. I laughed and said something like, "So, you decided to just be a nurse, huh?" She didn't think that was nearly as funny as I did. It probably wasn't, but -- sheesh -- lighten up, woman.Both were smart, but not blow-your-hair-back smart. I am not blow-your-hair-back smart, either -- not even close; my IQ is probably like 115 -- but I could demolish either woman in a trivia contest, so as far as I can see, I win. Also I can point and laugh at them and say things like, "Haha, you had sex with me." Score one more point for Derek.
I'll take the over.