I Called In Sick Today

steve what is it going to take to get you to lose some more games?
Have you looked at my remaining schedule?Maroons ( lose)BDH ( should win)asdfjkl; (haven't beat him all season)Broadway (lose)Whalers (lose)Maroons (lose)BDH (should win)byeSo I should go 2-5 or 1-6. You'll be fine...
  • Replies 268k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ron_Mexico

• speedz99

• Napa Lite

• ShakeZuma

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

and after 3 days, he is risen!

If you are paying $20 for a haircut, I imagine people assume you did it yourself anyway.

Pocket change cost me my first and only black girlfriend.   It was in the middle of a roaring poker boom and I was flush in ways most men don't even bother dreaming of. Money, it was like dirt to me

Posted Images

yeah I considered since I do have >1 friend in real life, I had to make my personality score over 50 at least.several things about your scores for me: first, lofreakingl at wealth/success being 71. seriously, if it's an effort vs. results sort of score, there's no way I get past 20. second, I filled it out originally pretty much how I actually see myself. if your rankings are even remotely close, is it pretty much a certainty then that I have some sort of personality disorder? it would explain a lot.
I would score you way higher than you scored yourself. You're probably better looking than me. We are very close in intelligence (at least from what I know based on internet message board interaction, close enough that the difference is negligible). It's impossible to judge personality, but you remind me of, well, me in a lot of stupid/retarded/silly ways, and I like those things about myself, so it follows I'd like them about you, too.
What the hell, you didn't do me. DO ME!
Looks - 79 - 30% - 23.7Intelligence - 88 - 10% - 8.8Wealth/Success/Status - 69 - 10% - 6.9Personality - 92 - 50% - 46HotScore - 85.4Again, the W/S/S category was a tough one for me. On one hand, you're still in school. On the other hand, apparently you are going to a very prestigious school. On the third hand, you do have all the Jew gold. But a lot of that is going to said prestigious school?
Have you looked at my remaining schedule?Maroons ( lose)BDH ( should win)asdfjkl; (haven't beat him all season)Broadway (lose)Whalers (lose)Maroons (lose)BDH (should win)byeSo I should go 2-5 or 1-6. You'll be fine...
I hadn't looked. I sure hope it turns out good. you have no idea how much I want tavares. NO IDEA.
Looks - 79 - 30% - 23.7Intelligence - 88 - 10% - 8.8Wealth/Success/Status - 69 - 10% - 6.9Personality - 92 - 50% - 46HotScore - 85.4Again, the W/S/S category was a tough one for me. On one hand, you're still in school. On the other hand, apparently you are going to a very prestigious school. On the third hand, you do have all the Jew gold. But a lot of that is going to said prestigious school?
OK now you have to do us all.
Not a lot of that is going to said school, thankfully. Fuck you Sal, I know you were a little too happy to still be in the lead. I'm thinking there might have even been a very understated fist pump involved.
(3:36:23 PM) Mojo: you cheeky whippersnapper!(3:36:28 PM) Jeff: whoppereater(3:36:30 PM) Jeff: more like it
must...make...personality score joke....Personality - 100!Ahhh. Had to be done.

Generic version of the email I sent to some Exes:Hey (so and so), I was hoping you could help me out with something. I've run into a problem lately, and it's been the catalyst for some interesting arguments. This is a very strange request, but if you'd oblige me, I'd be... well, obliged.What I need from you:Fill out the survey below, as honestly as you can. I promise I care way more about accuracy and honesty than I do about the actual results. Remember: my opinion of myself is the only one that matters, so your words and scores can have no real effect on me. Don't worry about modesty or callousness or any of that. It will be incredibly helpful for me. If you want, once I get all the data compiled (it's actual for a piece I'm working on for a friend's reasonably-trafficked blog), I'll send you the results.YOUR OPINION OF ME (all scores out of 100)Looks/physical appearanceIntelligenceWealth/Status/SuccessPersonalityOnce you have numbers down, apply a weight to each category, such that they sum to 100%. For example, a helpful response would look like:Looks 50 (25%)Intelligence 50 (25%)Wealth/Status/Success 50 (25%)Personality 50 (25%)Keep in mind, these scores should be given from a romantic/dating perspective, as a measure of attraction. How ATTRACTIVE is the personality? How IMPORTANT is personality for a propsective mate? Etc. It's about desirability, from your perspective.Then, please do the same for yourself. It should be slightly more difficult to grade yourself, but if you have any problems, consider how you think OTHER people see you. How physically attractive do you think OTHER MEN see you out of 100?If you can't respond -- or simply think the exercise is too demeaning -- then I understand. I am sending about about 25 of these, and hope to have the results compiled and analyzed, ready for publication (anonymously) before next Tuesday. Thanks, D Money

I hadn't looked. I sure hope it turns out good. you have no idea how much I want tavares. NO IDEA.
Yeah, when I looked yesterday to see how it looked so I could maintain 9th place I pretty much lost all hope and will be lucky to stay above 12th. I have a good idea how bad you want Tavares.So with you finishing last you also get the 2nd pick right? Or did you get rid of your pick. Cause getting the Tavares and Hedman would be pretty sweet.
Looks - 79 - 30% - 23.7Intelligence - 88 - 10% - 8.8Wealth/Success/Status - 69 - 10% - 6.9Personality - 92 - 50% - 46HotScore - 85.4
By the way, about that 79...I think that my mustache would beg to differ.matt1.jpg
Yeah, when I looked yesterday to see how it looked so I could maintain 9th place I pretty much lost all hope and will be lucky to stay above 12th. I have a good idea how bad you want Tavares.So with you finishing last you also get the 2nd pick right? Or did you get rid of your pick. Cause getting the Tavares and Hedman would be pretty sweet.
you're helping me out a great deal. I figured it would work out as it did, both with you and zach. maybe I'll look like a retard a few years from now when MSP decides to skip the NHL and tavares pulls a daigle.sorry, I'll stop breaking up the pseudo-science
I rated myself 73.25Looks 55 35% 19.25Intelligence 85 20% 17W/S/S 60 5% 3Personality 85 40% 34 73.25I kind of cheated in that although, my W/S/S isn't that high at the moment, I think given my major this is a reasonable number. Also, I don't think highly of myself. Looking at this I think I actually rated myself higher than I should have in some categories. Oh well.
Whoa whoa whoa... if Napa thinks that he's only an 85 in intelligence... not only is that a gross underestimate, but my intelligence score just lowered to 76.Napa, there is no way you scored less than 95th percentile in your Iowa Test of Basic Skills.... and as I'm sure you know, Iowa usually scores in the top 5 by state in the ACT.You are not 85 vs. the whole nation. I would peg you at 93 or 94.This is an important point for all of you. You are all underestimating your intelligence vs the general populace. There is no way Wang and Joey are 90 flats. No. Way.
Confidence - 186
I'm not 100% sure why you put this. But I'll just take it as a negative reflection on my personality and deduct 10 points.
There's one we all know. I'm pretty sure that Mexi would admit he didn't get a 1600 on the SAT, but he's the life of the party wherever he goes (from what I understand) and therefore scores probably higher than almost anyone here on the personality scale. I feel badly because he might interpret that as me saying he's dumb, but that's not the case...from stories I'm just guessing that being booksmart isn't necessarily his thing. And no, we're not getting into a "book smart vs street smart" argument.
But we HAVE to. This is basically what we've been talking about the whole time. If Mexico is witty enough to have an awesome personality, then he is intelligent. Just because he would rather goof off in class than get good grades doesn't make him less than 60 on the intelligence scale. I would peg him right around everyone else.This thread is NOT a random sampling of the general public. I would think that the lowest of the low in this thread would be around 80 at the absolute basement, with many many people near or at 99%.
I am not the cheeseburger; the woman's physical appearance is the cheeseburger. Her breasts are cheeseburgers. She has cheeseburger-eyes.I was just wondering why you were confused about my application of Diminishing Returns to physical appearance.
Yea, Theo and Cockroach already covered this extensively.
I figure that since I insulted Ron's intelligence (even though that's not exactly what I meant to do) I might as well let him rail on my appearance.
Well he'll rail on something, that's for sure.
I mean, they are definitely going to be biased because they know you'll be looking at the results. We should probably deduct 10 points from each category in their responses to balance it out.
Agreed. I think the results have to be normalized somehow. That being said, I think there will be a reasonable correlation between the stated scores for ME vs the scores for SELF in each category, and the way they view themselves in relation to me in said category. For example, if a girl thinks she's smarter than me, the score will reflect that (though maybe not the degree). Or if she thinks she's better looking than me, the score will reflect that. For every upwards adjustment she makes to my score, she'll probably make a corresponding (but smaller) adjustment to her own. The least reliable score will be "Looks." Nobody wants to tell me I'm ugly. Also, there is a pretty strong selection bias. These are all girls who dated me at some point. I would love to give this to girls that I didn't date, but that still knew me reasonably well, and find the difference. With some more time/effort, I could probably control for all this, but I am already KingDork today, and I don't know how much further I'm willing to take it...Wang