I Called In Sick Today

Math: still hardHis confidence score goes waaaay down once you redo the sums.
Listen a-holes. I'm at work. You should see what's going on here. Every free second I'm running back to the office to try to summarize my thoughts in 10 seconds. IT'S NOT MY FAULT. THE WORLD NEEDS BLIZZARDS!
  • Replies 268k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ron_Mexico

• speedz99

• Napa Lite

• ShakeZuma

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

and after 3 days, he is risen!

If you are paying $20 for a haircut, I imagine people assume you did it yourself anyway.

Pocket change cost me my first and only black girlfriend.   It was in the middle of a roaring poker boom and I was flush in ways most men don't even bother dreaming of. Money, it was like dirt to me

Posted Images

Listen a-holes. I'm at work. You should see what's going on here. Every free second I'm running back to the office to try to summarize my thoughts in 10 seconds. IT'S NOT MY FAULT. THE WORLD NEEDS BLIZZARDS!
do you do the fun "turn it upside down" presentation when people get them?
I'm not 100% sure why you put this. But I'll just take it as a negative reflection on my personality and deduct 10 points.
I'm an asshole, so your belief in things like...well, The Bible, makes me deduct from your intelligence. And the fact that I do this certainly makes it reasonable for you to deduct from my personality score.But really, it was just a joke about the fact that you gave yourself such high scores in 3 categories when most of us obviously are of the self-depracating type.
But we HAVE to. This is basically what we've been talking about the whole time. If Mexico is witty enough to have an awesome personality, then he is intelligent. Just because he would rather goof off in class than get good grades doesn't make him less than 60 on the intelligence scale. I would peg him right around everyone else.
If you apply this logic, there is an excuse to consider almost anyone as intelligent. If someone goofs around in class constantly (which I used to do), that negatively affects his intelligence. I absolutely believe that if Mexi applied himself just as much as me all through school he would do just as well as I did, but it's not the case (I think). So...you know.Frankly, I blame the fact that he was a good football player and therefore wasn't expected to give a full effort in the classroom.
This thread is NOT a random sampling of the general public. I would think that the lowest of the low in this thread would be around 80 and the absolute basement, with many many people near or at 99%.
This is a good point...I guess I was thinking of it as a sampling of people somewhat like all of us, but that's not realistic since everyone has had different experiences.
The least reliable score will be "Looks." Nobody wants to tell me I'm ugly. Also, there is a pretty strong selection bias. These are all girls who dated me at some point. I would love to give this to girls that I didn't date, but that still knew me reasonably well, and find the difference. With some more time/effort, I could probably control for all this, but I am already KingDork today, and I don't know how much further I'm willing to take it...
It'll even out. Looks and Success will be inflated, while Intelligence and Personality will be deflated based on the fact that they'll think honesty will give you a bigger head than you already possess.
Frankly, I blame the fact that he was a good football player and therefore wasn't expected to give a full effort in the classroom.
little ronnie is thankful he didn't have you attending his parent-teacher conferences

FYI, Wangster. My total score was correct. I just didn't adjust my totals for each category from when I copied and pasted the scoring format. Look at my base numbers. They still add up to 74.85. Which is obviously way too high.

little ronnie is thankful he didn't have you attending his parent-teacher conferences
Sometimes in high school I used to ponder the whole "does football create morons or do morons become football players" quandry. It always ended in painful circular logic.Obviously there were, and are, exceptions. Just in case Sal wants to now say that I'm calling Mex a moron. 'CAUSE I'M NOT!
FYI, Wangster. My total score was correct. I just didn't adjust my totals for each category from when I copied and pasted the scoring format. Look at my base numbers. They still add up to 74.85. Which is obviously way too high.
Hey, it's too late to join the self-deprecation club.
do you do the fun "turn it upside down" presentation when people get them?
In the summer we do.
I'm an asshole, so your belief in things like...well, The Bible, makes me deduct from your intelligence. And the fact that I do this certainly makes it reasonable for you to deduct from my personality score.But really, it was just a joke about the fact that you gave yourself such high scores in 3 categories when most of us obviously are of the self-depracating type.
I'm ok with the deduction for Bible belief. But I didn't give myself high scores in 3 categories. In fact, I gave myself what I thought was a fairly low intelligence score, considering my educational background. I'm definitely not smarter than Napa, and so I probably need to drop my score a little more. Maybe 85 or 84. But when I look at that and think about the general public.. I'm certain that I'm higher than 80. But lower than most people here. Also, no one is going to touch my self score for looks and so I think I should win some points for that.
If you apply this logic, there is an excuse to consider almost anyone as intelligent. If someone goofs around in class constantly (which I used to do), that negatively affects his intelligence. I absolutely believe that if Mexi applied himself just as much as me all through school he would do just as well as I did, but it's not the case (I think). So...you know.Frankly, I blame the fact that he was a good football player and therefore wasn't expected to give a full effort in the classroom.
That's the point. I think we should. Mexico is clearly... and you agree... ABLE to do well in school. That makes him very high on the intelligence scale. There are MANY MANY people that are simply not ABLE to do well. I know people that study a LOT and still get C's in community college. Mexico is not one of those people.
Hey, it's too late to join the self-deprecation club.
It's never too late.
I'm ok with the deduction for Bible belief. But I didn't give myself high scores in 2 categories. In fact, I gave myself what I thought was a fairly low intelligence score, considering my educational background. I'm definitely not smarter than Napa, and so I probably need to drop my score a little more. Maybe 85 or 84. But when I look at that and think about the general public.. I'm certain that I'm higher than 80. But lower than most people here. Also, no one is going to touch my self score for looks and so I think I should win some points for that.
I actually think that you're right about the intelligence thing if we're talking about the general public (let's say North America to simplify it a bit). Hell, I'm sure every single one of us is at the very least above 85...probably above 90.
That's the point. I think we should. Mexico is clearly... and you agree... ABLE to do well in school. That makes him very high on the intelligence scale. There are MANY MANY people that are simply not ABLE to do well. I know people that study a LOT and still get C's in community college. Mexico is not one of those people.
Ok, I'll buy that, even though I still think it might open too many doors.
Looks - 79 - 30% - 23.7Intelligence - 88 - 10% - 8.8Wealth/Success/Status - 69 - 10% - 6.9Personality - 92 - 50% - 46HotScore - 85.4Again, the W/S/S category was a tough one for me. On one hand, you're still in school. On the other hand, apparently you are going to a very prestigious school. On the third hand, you do have all the Jew gold. But a lot of that is going to said prestigious school?
Cindy, you're losing your luster after this ranking. You put his looks too high, his intelligence too low, and his WSS WAY too low.
And yet he gave himself an 86 for intelligence...
*insert LG egg on face pic*
Whoa whoa whoa... if Napa thinks that he's only an 85 in intelligence... not only is that a gross underestimate, but my intelligence score just lowered to 76.Napa, there is no way you scored less than 95th percentile in your Iowa Test of Basic Skills.... and as I'm sure you know, Iowa usually scores in the top 5 by state in the ACT.You are not 85 vs. the whole nation. I would peg you at 93 or 94.This is an important point for all of you. You are all underestimating your intelligence vs the general populace. There is no way Wang and Joey are 90 flats. No. Way.
Yeah, I probably avg like 98-99th percentile on those things year in, year out. I remember when I was in 3rd grade I had just moved to a new school and I got called into the principal's office thinking I got in some sort of trouble, but it was because I had gotten 99's across the board and they wanted to do an IQ test and I scored between 130 or 140. I'm also assuming that number has dropped some. I think I got a 30 or 31 on my ACT's without really trying. I got through it as fast as possible because I knew there was no way I was not getting into Iowa State. /loli'msmartbragSo, yeah, IQ wise I'm probably a very intelligent person, but compared to other people in here, I don't know. Also, I don't put much effort into stuff unless it really interests me (like philosophy or history or current events or people or grammar) which is probably why I sound like an idiot to most of you. I think I over stated my personality because I put what my friends would probably estimate me at, not what random people at a party would think. I am most definitely never the life of the party.

anybody else enjoying imaging what the Iowa State Test of Skills entails? - how to apply sunscreen to your forearms- recognizing tractor envy and how to combat it- cow species identification- hey what's that thing 500 miles away over there? oh, the horizon

anybody else enjoying imaging what the Iowa State Test of Skills entails? - how to apply sunscreen to your forearms- recognizing tractor envy and how to combat it- cow species identification- hey what's that thing 500 miles away over there? oh, the horizon
ITS USED ALL OVER THE UNITED STATES IDIOT!?!?111!?1/

Sidetrack: In making my schedule I need to take two (2) more finance classes from the following and none of them really standout to me..suggestions?Fin 330. Financial Markets and Institutions. (3-0) Cr. 3. F.S. Prereq: 301. Introduction to the structure and operations of the United States financial system and its markets and institutions. Emphasis on developing and integrated understanding of markets and financial service providers including global linkages.Fin 380. International Finance. (3-0) Cr. 3. F.S. Prereq: 301 and Stat 326. Advanced study of contemporary topics and issues in international finance.NVM, going with these 2.

Sidetrack: In making my schedule I need to take two (2) more finance classes from the following and none of them really standout to me..suggestions?Fin 330. Financial Markets and Institutions. (3-0) Cr. 3. F.S. Prereq: 301. Introduction to the structure and operations of the United States financial system and its markets and institutions. Emphasis on developing and integrated understanding of markets and financial service providers including global linkages.Fin 361. Personal Risk Management and Insurance. (3-0) Cr. 3. F.S. Prereq: Econ 101. Risk concepts and the use of insurance by individuals and families. Emphasis on the insurance mechanism and methods of dealing with income, property, and liability risks.
IMO...probably the most real-life applicable even if you become an accountant. Or maybe I just automatically chose the lowest level courses.