I Called In Sick Today

here, i can give you an mba in one word:ZOMGSYNERGY/$100k
I know you actually didn't, but I really wanted an excuse to say: "Don't ever badmouth synergy"
i'm off to get my MEAT on-zimmer
Again, pretty loose connection but you gave me an excuse to post that I'm off to L.U.N.C.H. I hope somebody gets either one of these
  • Replies 268k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ron_Mexico

• speedz99

• Napa Lite

• ShakeZuma

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

and after 3 days, he is risen!

If you are paying $20 for a haircut, I imagine people assume you did it yourself anyway.

Pocket change cost me my first and only black girlfriend.   It was in the middle of a roaring poker boom and I was flush in ways most men don't even bother dreaming of. Money, it was like dirt to me

Posted Images

I know you actually didn't, but I really wanted an excuse to say: "Don't ever badmouth synergy"Again, pretty loose connection but you gave me an excuse to post that I'm off to L.U.N.C.H. I hope somebody gets either one of these
Both ldo
run, you are one weird guy, and I LOVE that about you man!
I totally agree. Run's craziness is a 10/10 on the awesome scale.
well as long as the new kind work with old toilets I guess I'll just get the new kind. I'd imagine it's better in some way, and since they're only like $22 for the whole kit it seems then I might as well. I was really surprised at how cheap they are. now to just figure out how to do it (or to con my plumber buddy into doing it for me).
If the base thingy is cracked and you end up replacing it... it's easy, but for the love of God, make sure the area is totally dry. Use a hair dryer because porcelain is porous and holds water below the surface.
Story
Awesome stuff.
You know, I give the impression that Ashley is a retarded, blond-haired, dancing ditz, but she is, in all likelihood, the most intelligent woman I have ever dated. It's probably a 3-horse race, but I bet she'd win by at least a half-length. She has a Biopsych degree from the University of Michigan. It's very likely that she's more intelligent than I am. She's insane and outrageous, and obviously has some problems synthesizing various human stimuli and coming to a rational conclusion with respect to the optimal course of action, but that absolutely does not change the fact that her IQ is probably somewhere between 135 and 150. I don't recall her exact score, but she was in the 99th %ile on both the SAT and the ACT. So let's summarize:1) Pretty (~85/100)2) Smart (90/100)3) Successful, accomplished, and financially well-to-do (80/100)4) Has performed on the stage and TV (75/100)How does all that sum to: Wants Derek? Shouldn't there be a matching of a person's skills/general desirability and a prospective mate's skills/general desirability? I am:1) At best, not ugly (60/100)2) Smart (90/100)3) Unsuccessful, unaccomplished, reasonably poor, and a definite failure (35/100)4) N/A (5/100) I would weight the importance of these categories something like (1) 40% (2) 10% (3) 25% (4) 5% The additional 20% should probably be attributed to some kind of general, catch-all category like "Personality." As much as she annoys me, she's a fun girl with a reasonable sense of humor and a solid social skills. Put her and I in a room with the right people, and I think I'd have an edge, but among the general populace, she'd probably beat me handily. I'm some combination of silly, sour, and cynical, which probably doesn't play all that well. Even if we call this a draw and throw it out, we get the following Desirability Index:Her: 85(.40) + 90(.1) + 80(.25) + 75(.05) = 66.75/.8 = 83.5Me: 60(.40) + 90(.10) + 35(.25) + 5(.05) = 42/.8 = 52.5This is a huge HUGE gap. By my simple math, she's 60% more desirable than I am, in general. You can attribute taste to make up some of that gap -- perhaps she weights personality slightly more than most, or finds my "unique" appearance particularly pleasing -- but that could bump me up, what, maybe 20 basis points? Even so, I'm 10 points behind. What closes that gap, then? My guess: her incredibly low self-esteem. Instead of seeing herself as an 82.5 and me as a 52.5, she sees me as a 70 and herself as a 65, likely because:1) Initially rejected her advances time and time again2) Broke up with her and basically gave her the Michael Corleone speech. "Ashley, you're nothing to me now. You're not a girlfriend, you're not a friend. I don't want to know you or what you do. I don't want to see you at the tailgates, I don't want you near my house. When you see our friends, I want to know a day in advance, so I won't be there. You understand."3) Her daddy didn't love her. I am sure this interests me more than anyone else, but the dynamics of human relationships are fascinating to me.EDIT- I decided I'm going to develop a 5-tool desirability schedule more thoroughly, so if anybody has some modification suggestions, please, I'm all ears. I'm leaning towards: "looks, personality, wealth/success, intelligence, OTHER/INTANGIBLE," but I am not married to that. I am not sure what the weights are going to be just yet, but, again, suggestions are welcome. Let's get this done, guys. Ladies (Renee? Nikki? Cindy? Zimmer?), you could probably help. There might even have to be different weights for each sex. For example, women care (in general) much more about status/wealth than men do, and men probably care more about the raw looks component. I have to go to class soon, but I might even end up making a new thread about this later.
You're percentages are WAY off. Looks aren't nearly as important as you think they are. ESPECIALLY to girls. Smarts/wit/general intelligence is easily #1. EASILY. I'm thinking like 50 to 60%.I'm dumbfounded that you only gave it 10%. Think about why you're charming. It's because you're out-thinking her.
question for the accountants/business people of this thread: which do you think would be more advantageous to obtain, a CPA certification or an MBA? I've been looking into both, and it seems like I would have to go back to school for the same amount of time for both and they would both cost about the same. which one would open the most doors/have the higher salary?
I would think the MBA would be better if you want more options. If you want an accounting position then the CPA would probably be better. Anyone want to take 5 more classes for me?
You're crazy, Jay Mohr is awesome. Not on tv or in movies, but on radio shows. Next time there's a holiday listen to 610am from 11-2, you will change your mind.He guest hosted yesterday. Fantastic as usual.
I listened to this yerterday for the first time ever. It was fantabulous.
You're percentages are WAY off. Looks aren't nearly as important as you think they are. ESPECIALLY to girls. Smarts/wit/general intelligence is easily #1. EASILY. I'm thinking like 50 to 60%.
You're quite an optimist.There's a reason why the vast majority of relationships are between people at the same level of attractiveness, barring some extenuating circumstances. While "movie star good looks" may not be incredibly important due to the fact that it's unrealistic, it's still a big piece of the pie in most cases. Take two men:Man A: Extremely handsome. Great body. Slightly below average intelligence. Rarely funny.Man B: Below average looks, if not actively ugly. Very smart and witty. Man A will have a "more desirable" woman approximately 83% of the time. That's just the way the world works, my friend.
You're quite an optimist.There's a reason why the vast majority of relationships are between people at the same level of attractiveness, barring some extenuating circumstances. While "movie star good looks" may not be incredibly important due to the fact that it's unrealistic, it's still a big piece of the pie in most cases. Take two men:Man A: Extremely handsome. Great body. Slightly below average intelligence. Rarely funny.Man B: Below average looks, if not actively ugly. Very smart and witty. Man A will have a "more desirable" woman approximately 83% of the time. That's just the way the world works, my friend.
and then there's Man C... god damn it.
Updates: Dad is being discharged from hospital today. Very much a relief. He still needs to take antibiotics and they're going to retest his kidney in 10 days, but at least he's getting out and is better.The penis is fully functional again. Thank goodness. Just found out that a chick I used to get high with was the lead singer of a pretty popular band. Not sure what good this information is besides bragging rights.
Glad to here he's doing better. It seems like I go through this on a a monthly basis with my dad anymore so I can sympathize.In other news, Laura Leigh got voted off True Beauty last night which was a crusher. The show sucks but damn she's hot.http://www.modelmayhem.com/pics.php?id=338686
Culture Club?
*serious nod*
I didn't have time to fully go into it because I'm at work and don't have time. But I agree with you. I'm simply saying that if you have a guy that isn't actively ugly... like Shimmering... vs. a movie star looking guy that is rarely funny or Christian Bale crazy... I think 83% of girls take Wang. (If everything else is equal. I'm not comparing the wealth of Wang vs. Bale)I think it's 83% or more the other way if we are comparing Alba and not witty vs. average chick witty/funny.
So let's summarize:Desirability Index:Her: 85(.40) + 90(.1) + 80(.25) + 75(.05) = 66.75/.8 = 83.5Me: 60(.40) + 90(.10) + 35(.25) + 5(.05) = 42/.8 = 52.5
I may have just set the worlds record for speed drinking from a bottle...
wang, I think you may actually be retarded.
If he goes to that much trouble writing formulas about something as insignificant as a relationship/woman, just think what happens when something really important comes up...Like a choice between two for one drafts at one strip bar or one free well drink with a two beer purchase at anotherBoy... Ill bet the feet are tapping right now... LOL
:OIJLKFJP*@) why does depositing $1k have to be so hard
I cant believe the banks are giving shit about depositing just a grand now....Mine gave me static about fifteen once, but the bills were all wet and soggy
Culture Club?
Ka-boom!
I hope somebody gets either one of these
Neither...
If the base thingy is cracked and you end up replacing it... it's easy, but for the love of God, make sure the area is totally dry. Use a hair dryer because porcelain is porous and holds water below the surface.
Or this for that matter...
In other news, Laura Leigh got voted off True Beauty last night which was a crusher.
Randy, dont take this the wrong way, but you really need to fuckin start drinkin again....
I'm simply saying that if you have a guy that isn't actively ugly... like Shimmering... vs. a movie star looking guy that is rarely funny or Christian Bale crazy... I think 83% of girls take Wang. (If everything else is equal. I'm not comparing the wealth of Wang vs. Bale)
looks are everything. absolutely everything. i think too many blizzards has frozen your brain.
:OIJLKFJP*@) why does depositing $1k have to be so hard
I deposited 3100 today with no questions. Do you bank with Wells Fargo or something?
Updates: Dad is being discharged from hospital today. Very much a relief. He still needs to take antibiotics and they're going to retest his kidney in 10 days, but at least he's getting out and is better.The penis is fully functional again. Thank goodness. Just found out that a chick I used to get high with was the lead singer of a pretty popular band. Not sure what good this information is besides bragging rights.
Very good news indeed. I'll keep praying for him/you.
looks are everything. absolutely everything. i think too many blizzards has frozen your brain.
So your contention is that, in the formula, looks should be 100%?I believe that they are a solid #2, with wit/intelligence in a commanding #1.

I think my personal breakdown would look something like:Attractiveness 25%Personality 35%Intelligence 15%Status/Wealth 5%OTHER 20%That's not completely accurate, though, as there are diminishing returns. For example, if a girl were a 80/100 in the attractiveness category, but a 50/100 in personality, according to my metric, I would be indifferent to a 14 point bump to attractiveness or a 10 point bump to personality, but that's really not the case. All things being equal, I'd probably trade a 14 point bump in attractiveness for something like a 5 or 6 point bump to personality. I think, for me, once a certain threshold is reached (especially with respect to physical appearance), it's onto other things. It's not EXACTLY binary, but it's close. After a certain point, there's simply not much to be gained. There's such a thing for me as "attractive enough." It works the other way, too. If a girl is a 100/100 in the personality scale, but a 50/100 in the attractiveness scale, schedule dictates that there is absolutely nothing I would exchange for a point of personality one a 1:1 ratio, but that's not true. All told, I'd rather have a 90/personality 60/looks than a 100/personality 50/looks. Diminishing returns. Also: she is watching me type this.

So your contention is that, in the formula, looks should be 100%?I believe that they are a solid #2, with wit/intelligence in a commanding #1.
if we are eliminating money. then looks would be 95 percent. personality 5 percent.see you're assuming that this girl would take the time to get to know both Wang and the movie star. this just would not happen. presented with the choice, the physical beauty of the movie star would overshadow Wangs whatever.simple physics, really.
If he goes to that much trouble writing formulas about something as insignificant as a relationship/woman, just think what happens when something really important comes up...Like a choice between two for one drafts at one strip bar or one free well drink with a two beer purchase at another
Yeah, I do this kind of stuff all the time. I come up with an ordered set of preferences, decide whether the progression is linear (straight line) or exponential or logarithmic, and then evaluate the alternatives to come up with the best way to pool resources to reach the optimal, efficient result.Unless it's at a buffet. If I'm at a buffet, it's "half-a-plate for pleasure, then eat only the most expensive item to make sure nobody profits."
I think my personal breakdown would look something like:Attractiveness 25%Personality 35%Intelligence 15%Status/Wealth 5%OTHER 20%That's not completely accurate, though, as there are diminishing returns. For example, if a girl were a 80/100 in the attractiveness category, but a 50/100 in personality, according to my metric, I would be indifferent to a 14 point bump to attractiveness or a 10 point bump to personality, but that's really not the case. All things being equal, I'd probably trade a 14 point bump in attractiveness for something like a 5 or 6 point bump to personality. I think, for me, once a certain threshold is reached (especially with respect to physical appearance), it's onto other things. It's not EXACTLY binary, but it's close. After a certain point, there's simply not much to be gained. There's such a thing for me as "attractive enough." It works the other way, too. If a girl is a 100/100 in the personality scale, but a 50/100 in the attractiveness scale, schedule dictates that there is absolutely nothing I would exchange for a point of personality one a 1:1 ratio, but that's not true. All told, I'd rather have a 90/personality 60/looks than a 100/personality 50/looks. Diminishing returns. Also: she is watching me type this.
I knew that you weren't doing this in your original equation and you're not doing it here either... but what I'm saying is that "intelligence" goes hand in hand with personality.Meaning this... If you have a nerd... like on Beauty and the Geek or whatever. These people may be 'smart'... but they are not intelligent. In fact, I would say that some are even close to retarded in some respect.If you are intelligent enough to fine tune your personality that should trump almost ever other type of 'intelligence'.My brother-in-law is very smart. In high school, he scored a 36 on his ACT and got accepted to MIT for electrical engineering, but he was very shy and awkward socially. In 10th grade he decided that his life would suck if he didn't change this about himself. So every weekend he drove to towns that were at least 30 miles from his home town and just hang out with the kids in the square or wherever the kids were. He did this for 2 years without anyone from his school knowing. Once he went to college he was the life of the party. To me, this 'intelligence' trumps almost anything, and that's the kind of smarts that you have, Wang. That is very, very attractive...what?
if we are eliminating money. then looks would be 95 percent. personality 5 percent.see you're assuming that this girl would take the time to get to know both Wang and the movie star. this just would not happen. presented with the choice, the physical beauty of the movie star would overshadow Wangs whatever.simple physics, really.
I 100% disagree with this.
Also Wang... don't listen to Beans. This stuff is very fun/interesting to talk about. Keep it up.
I may have just set the worlds record for speed drinking from a bottle...If he goes to that much trouble writing formulas about something as insignificant as a relationship/woman, just think what happens when something really important comes up...Like a choice between two for one drafts at one strip bar or one free well drink with a two beer purchase at anotherBoy... Ill bet the feet are tapping right now... LOL I cant believe the banks are giving shit about depositing just a grand now....Mine gave me static about fifteen once, but the bills were all wet and soggyKa-boom!Neither...Or this for that matter...Randy, dont take this the wrong way, but you really need to fuckin start drinkin again....
This is true.And I also want to mention another thing.Math is hard. You can't analyze the wootang like that.
I knew that you weren't doing this in your original equation and you're not doing it here either... but what I'm saying is that "intelligence" goes hand in hand with personality.Meaning this... If you have a nerd... like on Beauty and the Geek or whatever. These people may be 'smart'... but they are not intelligent. In fact, I would say that some are even close to retarded in some respect.If you are intelligent enough to fine tune your personality that should trump almost ever other type of 'intelligence'.My brother-in-law is very smart. In high school, he scored a 36 on his ACT and got accepted to MIT for electrical engineering, but he was very shy and awkward socially. In 10th grade he decided that his life would suck if he didn't change this about himself. So every weekend he drove to towns that were at least 30 miles from his home town and just hang out with the kids in the square or wherever the kids were. He did this for 2 years without anyone from his school knowing. Once he went to college he was the life of the party. To me, this 'intelligence' trumps almost anything, and that's the kind of smarts that you have, Wang. That is very, very attractive...what?
There are a lot of dimensions of intelligence, some of which I score quite high in (logic, reading, communication) and some of which I score in the bottom 1% of all humans (ability to orient myself in space; I took an IQ test once that had a spatial intelligence section, and they made me retake it because my results were worse than developmentally disabled kids). When I use intelligence here, I think I mean the standard, raw intelligence (or highly correlative g-factor). People can be interesting without being smart, and can be smart without being interesting (or adaptive).That's why intelligence is only weighted at 15%. It's nice to have somebody that understands stuff, but I'd rather a girl have the personality trait of "appreciates intellectual-type shit." I think your brother-in-law'ss intelligence gave him the ability to develop a more palatable personality, but that doesn't change the fact that it's the expression of his personality that makes him likable, and NOT his intelligence. Nobody cares HOW your brother-in-law became the life of the party, they simply appreciate that he is. As far as your brother-in-law goes, I sympathize. I was (and I'm sure I've said this before) the biggest dork in history in middle-school and early highschool. Sometime around 10th grade I started trying to develop, you know, a fucking personality. Actually, it was more "discover" than "develop," since the latter implies I created it from whole cloth, and that it's not sincere. I missed some stuff in my development -- how to relate on a romantic level with women, particularly -- but by the time I was in college, I think I would have been described as "charismatic" by people who are poor judges of character.