Pros Calling For A Boycott Of The 2007 Wsop Main Event

I'm boycotting Auntie Anne's pretzels!!! Every time I go to the mall I enjoy a deliscious Double A pretzel. Recently they were giving away free pretzels, and I had to wait in line with a bunch of pretzel donks for 10 MINUTES!!! I mean, come on. I think people who usually buy pretzels, let's call them pretzel pros, should be reserved 5 spots a the front of the line. I know that they are really trying to drum up business, so they can make more money, which will benefit me as a consumer in the long run. However, as someone who likes to punch myself in the taint, I must disagree with the Double AA execs. Everyone boycott with me!!!
LMAO, Nice
  • Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

tournaments are crazy,keep it real ring games.many of this donkeys are baby bommers old guys that got money or new kinds wanna be.Is funny how a donkey said to Daniel "that is poker" and Daniel replyed that is not poker, that is the way you play it.Tournaments become now the new lottery, What I agree on is too much people in one place is like a jail for rich guys like me,If one thing could be heard from me is: Get better service I know is not the old times Vegas life but at the end of the day you win or lose but had some fun with your old buddies. higher entry fee please.WSOP tournaments 6 seats.WSOP $20Gs buy in $5Gs fee. ( I want a big lobster with that fee)2 max rebuys 1 add on after first 2 level.keep all the bs "want to be a millionere" away the way to be a millionere to work to stop being lazy.

i don't think any pro will seriously boycott a tournament that has 10+ time the payout of any other major poker tournament in the world...However I agree that the Title of World Champion shouldn't be the winner of the Main Event. Originally Texas Holdem was the best game for Poker Pro to decide who is the best Player because of its strategic possibities that are not present to this extend in 7 card stud or any other form of poker. Nowadays in a field of 8000+ internet amateurs (where many people just push all-in all the time) the people that actually know how to play are so ridiculously outnumbered. The winner of the Main Event will be a lucky amateur in almost any cases. Just keep thet 10000$ Main Event as the biggest Tournament there is, but create a new one for the real World Champion with a much higher buy-in. After all the buy-in of 10000 bucks originated from a time when it was actually a lot of money and only few people could afford this. This is different today. Also most players qualify through (online?) satellites, so the buyin just isn't appropiate anymore. One solution could be to make the buy-in for the World Champion Tournament so incredibly high (100000$ or more) that only top pros are willing to pay this and the number of satellite entries is greatly reduced. Another way would be that you have to qualify for this event by having a certain score on the player of the year list, or to win/make final table of at least one other wsop tournament (similar to tournament of champions).In all these cases the Champion Event could still be NL Texas Holdem only because there wouldn't be many amateurs left.My favorite solution, as already suggested by many others is to give the title of Champion to the winner of a tournament that features several different poker versions.I think a SHOE tournament would be best because IMO in there are too many stud variations in HORSE.

BANAnyone who says that the WSOP ME is about equity is not a real poker player. Anyone like the above few who talk about Equity and that's why the pros will always play the WSOP ME is not a poker player of any weight or substance whatsoever. It was, before Harrah's, the World Championship, until online donks flooded it--like the donks posting flames in this thread.Donks have ruined the game. If the PGA allowed donks to play at the US Open then pro golf would be garbage. Keep the donks from winning by making them play 5 pros at the final table. Keep the game real. What a pathetic way to run and manage a sport! Poker championship final table chosen by the survivors in an 8 or 20 thousand player field, with thousands of the donks winning their entry fee for a buck.The gods and legends of poker spit.
Since it seems that you are half retarded i just want you to know that the word OPEN in the US Open means that anyone can enter. Just like the US Open in Tennis. So please do some research buddy.

Who cares if the ME winner is the so-called world champion. No one in their right mind thinks that Jamie Gold is the best player in the world. He simply won the tournament with the biggest field. There are tons of other high buy in tournaments for pros to play in where the field is much much smaller. If a pro wants to whine about how many people are in the ME and not play then fine, don't play.Your argument is illogical.

Who cares if the ME winner is the so-called world champion. No one in their right mind thinks that Jamie Gold is the best player in the world. He simply won the tournament with the biggest field. There are tons of other high buy in tournaments for pros to play in where the field is much much smaller. If a pro wants to whine about how many people are in the ME and not play then fine, don't play.Your argument is illogical.
Likely could not have been said better.
Nice to see so many go on tilt. But I'm fine. Trolls and flames don't bother me a bit. I especially like how holdemsnowboarder posted Greenstien's record. But the fact remains, I heard both of these pros say they weren't playing next year because of the size of the field.Also, I'm right, and most agree. The WSOP main event final table should be a donk free zone. To make that happen in a field of 20,000, you have to have a separate sat for the pros, and give them 5 seats at the final table.Only fair, since online sats are flooding the WSOP with donks. DN shouldn't have to play against donks in a Championship tourney. Hellmuth, Ferguson--all should get to play in their own sat and win one of 5 seats at the final table.Just trying to keep it on-topic.
You can't possibly be this stupid.

Great thread.Can't believe I didn't see it until now. Oh yeah, it's because I can't stand to visit General more than about twice a month. :club::D I don't think we really need to play an actual poker tournament at all. In place of the Main Event. we shoud just hold a political election and vote on who the World Champion should be.That way a pro would win every year.Or Ron Mexico if I can get enough support on the issue.Dog, I hope the SW isn't necessary here, but it is General.

This is too good to let go.Why would Harrah's even care if the pro's decide to boycott the event? They make up 10% of the field maybe??? I know that's generous, and the numbers will keep rising. This just makes no sense at all.Bump.

This is too good to let go.Why would Harrah's even care if the pro's decide to boycott the event? They make up 10% of the field maybe??? I know that's generous, and the numbers will keep rising. This just makes no sense at all.Bump.
fuckem all

I personaly would like to see the world champion win the ME event in a 50K buy-in Horse Event with the final table being decided by a no limit event.I also think that the poker sites should make it a little harder to qualify.As far as giving the Pros special statis, F... that. If it wasn't for the Moneymakers, Raymers Hachem ect the pro's would have no celebrity statis the wouldn't be doing commercials writting books or sponsoring Poker sites.Until 2003 most of these pro's had no existance in the eyes of many. It's time pro's realize that it's the fans that have helped them get were they are today.Poker is become America's favorite sport because the WPT took a big chance and a lot of money to bring the game mainstream. Look at what these pro's are trying to do with them. Greed is the driving force for most players and if this is their driving force they should not have a problem with a 12 million dollar prize pool.As far as putting 5 pro's at the final table please make sure you have a seat reserved for me. Even though I play only 15-20 hours a week I make a pretty good income from playing so I would have to consider myself a pro.Maxima

I heard two pros say at the WSOP that they were'nt going to play next year--it was a circus in 2006. It's bad for poker.We all know that Harrah's is planning on letting as many people enter the WSOP Main Event in 2007 as want to. I have read an estimate that Harrahs hopes to attract 20,000 players for the ME alone.That is bs. That is not a tournament to select a poker champion. I attended the WSOP ME in the 1980s. It was good for poker's image. Now it is bad for a top pro like Negreanu to play in the ME. Pros don't look good playing donkeys on ESPN. To the viewer who doesn't know poker, it looks like the donkey outplayed the pro. That couldn't happen in the PGA--no amatuer could beat Tiger Woods. If they could, then the viewer would think Tiger wasn't so great after all. This is what is happening to the image of the poker pros.Time for the poker elite to join together and refuse to play at the 2007 WSOP main event unless Harrahs can have a satellite tournament for the 200 or so top money-making pros and guarantee them that at least 5 seats at the final table will be reserved for the pros.Also, all of these donks who win their entry online or through satellites shouldn't be allowed to play against players who paid $10000 to sit at a table. There should be a satellite for the online donks and Moneymaker wannabes who have turned the ME sour--they aren't playing with their own money so they start playing like maniacs against the player who had to pay 10 large for his entry. That's not a level playing field.I heard two pros in Vegas at the WSOP say off camera that they were not going to play next year--that the tournament was bull. I support them if they do. Poker needs a better example of a tournament.
negative17.jpg
Great thread.Can't believe I didn't see it until now. Oh yeah, it's because I can't stand to visit General more than about twice a month. :club::D I don't think we really need to play an actual poker tournament at all. In place of the Main Event. we shoud just hold a political election and vote on who the World Champion should be.That way a pro would win every year.Or Ron Mexico if I can get enough support on the issue.Dog, I hope the SW isn't necessary here, but it is General.
Go away faggot. Nobody cares what you think.