Pros Calling For A Boycott Of The 2007 Wsop Main Event

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My first post here and this thread caught my eye. All I can make comments on are the orignal poster's references to golf. I'm not piling on here, I just made note of those statements. I hate to tell you this, but Tiger Woods was an AMATEUR when he first played the masters. So your comments about amateurs not being allowed in PGA events are just wrong. Also, you mentioned the PGA and the US Open...you have made another incorrect statement. The PGA does not sanction the US Open...the USGA does. As for the US Open, it is just that, an open championship. You can qualify by playing in other events...kinda like a satellite. The Masters also invites amateurs to play. Finally, there are probably thousands of amateur golfers who can beat pros. One of the greatest and most beloved golfers of all time was Bobby Jones. Guess what...he was an amateur, not a pro. You can attribute a little tournament called The Masters to him.This is something I'm not sure about, but I saw something about pros paying the $10k buy-in for the Main Event while others were winning their way in through online sites. I may be wrong here, but I thought that these guys (pros) wearing all the sponsor logos on their shirts and hats were getting their buy-ins covered by those sponsors.

Great thread.Can't believe I didn't see it until now. Oh yeah, it's because I can't stand to visit General more than about twice a month. :club::D I don't think we really need to play an actual poker tournament at all. In place of the Main Event. we shoud just hold a political election and vote on who the World Champion should be.That way a pro would win every year.Or Ron Mexico if I can get enough support on the issue.Dog, I hope the SW isn't necessary here, but it is General.
Spelling-English-Jules.gif
so how did you bust out of the main event Jack Harris? this is really what is about right? some donk called you and you got busted. your idea is stupid, you want all the donks you can get. would you rather sit next to ivey and brunson or moneymaker and varkonyi? giving the pros 5 seats into the final table is also real bad because those pros didnt have the battle through the same field as everyone else. the great thing about the main event is that anyone can win it and everyone gets an equal chance.
lol at the OP