Pros Calling For A Boycott Of The 2007 Wsop Main Event

I would suggest you go out and buy some head and shoulders just to be on the safe side.
oh, its been done my friend. I'm just hoping that its not a continuing thing, mainly for the shame of having to buy head and shoulders on a regular basis. that and valtrex.
  • Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Donks have ruined the game. If the PGA allowed donks to play at the US Open then pro golf would be garbage. Keep the donks from winning by making them play 5 pros at the final table. Keep the game real. What a pathetic way to run and manage a sport!
Donks have ruined the game. If the PGA allowed donks to play at the US Open then pro golf would be garbage. Keep the donks from winning by making them play 5 pros at the final table. Keep the game real. What a pathetic way to run and manage a sport!
Golf is a physical game of sport. Poker is a gambling game with quite a bit of luck involved in most tournament outcomes. No comparison.

I think Dan Harrington explained it best when he was interviewed for the 2006 Main Event. He compared to a lottery where some were given multiple tickets and other a half a ticket or so.That's what the actual ME is now. A lottery. The 50K HORSE event is to me the best way to determine the champion of poker.This year's champion is Chip Reese.I think Cunningham is gay. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

I think Dan Harrington explained it best when he was interviewed for the 2006 Main Event. He compared to a lottery where some were given multiple tickets and other a half a ticket or so.That's what the actual ME is now. A lottery. The 50K HORSE event is to me the best way to determine the champion of poker.This year's champion is Chip Reese.I think Cunningham is gay. Not that there's anything wrong with that.
no dandruff advice?

I can't read through 7 pages of this stuff, because Jack Harris is clearly an RKIGS and not worth acknowledging. Remind you of anyone else in particular? I seriously believe this is a duplicate account from the original RKIGS. Just look at the ridiculous opinions and argumentative style. "I'll just ignore logic, reason and common sense and keep saying the same retarded shit over and over again to cause trouble."

oh, its been done my friend. I'm just hoping that its not a continuing thing, mainly for the shame of having to buy head and shoulders on a regular basis. that and valtrex.
At least you don't have anal warts...

jack harris, with this post u have proved urself to be the biggest jackass in history. how does it matter if a person buys in with cash or wins an online seat. it fkin dosent make sense to say that people who won via satellites r donkeys. idiot atleast they won something to enter the tourney. so keep ur half baked thoughts to yourself.coming to the point --- pros boycotting wsop. how the fuk does any one become a pro??? only if they win a major tourney. ask em to recollect the days when they were also normal entrants. if they fkin cant beat a normal level player then why call themselves pros???poker is a game of skill and chance. if they wana eliminate the chance and jus use skill ask em to play CHESS. its all skill. jus cuz they have money dosent make em stop the biggest tourney on earth. fk all the pros who say that a common man who won a seat via a satellite is a donk. fk u for ur post :club:

Allen Cunningham *cough* *cough**cough*On a side note: Is Allen Cunningham gay? Judging from the way he crosses his legs he is.
If Allen's tens would've held up, he'd have been doubled up and who know what could've happened. Jamie had such a large chip lead, but if there was anyone capable of overcoming that it would've been Allen. He was the only one fighting back against Jamie's agressive play. If he doubled up once more he would've taken the tournament. His experience, skill, and talent would be the deciding factor in a heads up match. Then Nobody, and I mean nobody, would be complaining at all about the Main Event and how it's become a donkfest, and that the pros can't win it.
If Allen's tens would've held up, he'd have been doubled up and who know what could've happened. Jamie had such a large chip lead, but if there was anyone capable of overcoming that it would've been Allen.
QFT. In Gold's radio interview he talked about being able to "out play" any pro and challenged anyone to a million dollar heads up freeze out. But anyway, yeah, calling an all in with KJ is not "out playing" somebody. He put a lot of his chips in prefop against Allen because he KNEW he couldn't out play him. To sum it up, Gold hoped to be..1.) In a race, because if you are not, KJ is in bad shpae (AK KQ AJ)2.) Hoping you win the hand where he (Gold) didn't have to do any thinking and just push it in preflop and pray, because Allen was making things difficult3.) Gold's a moron for saying that Allen was "scared" and shaking.
That's a good idea, Tyler. One thing though. Since the 70s the Main Event traditionally selects the champion of poker. Now Harrah's has ruined the reputation of the tournament. The ME could be saved if a system can be created that guarantees 5 pros a seat at the final table. As for those who try to take this thread off-topic, take it elsewhere. And I like the picture of Gold with Pam Anderson in my avatar, so it stays.
So they want to be crowned champ after the field is whittled down for them? If Tiger Woods got beat by someone from Jr. Leauge golf, he still looses. Tough noogies.Why don't you kill the "golden goose" here and make sure no new money comes to poker and that prises get smaller, attendace dwindles and the game goes back to obscurity just so you can see "a guaranteed 5 pros" at the table. FN JackAce.An article I wronte on this subject will be published shortly, please look for it.
Pros don't look good playing donkeys on ESPN. To the viewer who doesn't know poker, it looks like the donkey outplayed the pro.
Who cares? What possible care could Daniel, or any other pro, have if some guy who doesn't know poker turns on ESPN and sees them bust out? First off, the viewer wouldn't know who the pros are, and even moreso, they wouldn't know the guy who knocked them out was a donkey. Second, if they actually understand poker, they'll understand that there is luck involved and will make their own judgement of the hand based on the way it played out. Third, why should you care if the pros don't look great to someone who doesn't follow or understand poker? Fourth, why would you care if the pros didn't look good to someone who DOES understand poker? Is their opinion somehow effecting that pros ability to play the game?
Time for the poker elite to join together and refuse to play at the 2007 WSOP main event unless Harrahs can have a satellite tournament for the 200 or so top money-making pros and guarantee them that at least 5 seats at the final table will be reserved for the pros.
You can't be serious! If you and some pros don't want to play in the ME that's your business. The fact is that all WSOP events (except for the TOC) are OPEN events. Anyone with the money to enter can play. The fact that donkeys can progress just shows how much luck there is in poker. If I pay for (or win) a seat to an event I have just as much right to be at that final table as any pro. Until they outplay me and knock me out, they should not have any special right to 1 of 5 reserved seats at the final table over me just because they make their living playing poker. That's probably the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard! That's the equivalent of saying to Tiger Woods "Hey, you're a pro, so we'll just let you sit out the 1st 3 rounds of the U.S. Open and you can just play on Sunday. And to boot, we'll set your score the same as the leader for the first 3 rounds." Yeah, that's fair. Give the guy even more of an advantage just because he's a pro.
I heard two pros in Vegas at the WSOP say off camera that they were not going to play next year--that the tournament was bull. I support them if they do. Poker needs a better example of a tournament.
I believe this may be the reason behind the creation of the PPT? Besides, anyone who knows poker understands that with a field of 8000+ there is no way a pro could be expected to win it every year. And on that note I'll ask this... Why should a pro win it every year? Just because they are a pro? I could be the greatest player in the world, and if I don't make my living playing poker would you be disappointed if I didn't win it every year?The problem with the WSOP is they based the "World Champion" title on the fact that the ME was the most expensive event. Well, the world has changed, and there is nothing they can do about it unless they intend to no longer classify the ME as an OPEN tourney. I truly believe that that they should stop worrying about the buy-in, and make the true championship event the HORSE event. By requiring players to display top skill in many different events will give legitimiacy to the title of "World Champion". I'd have no problem with this, and I know a lot of pros wouldn't either. But increasing the buy-in on an event like this doesn't legitimize the title, it just means that the winner was better than all the other guys who could afford to enter. It should be affordable to every player.Regardless, there are many ways that Harrahs could legitimize the champion's title, but the idea that you're presenting surely isn't it. So go and boycot the ME, I'm sure Harrah's isn't going to care. They'll still be making money hand over fist with the thousands of entrants who aren't pros. It's the prize money that draws people to this tourney, not the pros. I could save myself $9k, play the $1000 event and have the opportunity to play with just as many pros. Hell, I'd probably have a much better chance of playing with some top pros than the ME because the field is so much smaller. And I'd have a much better chance of winning a bracelet too. So why would anyone think that having the pros boycott is going to make a difference in the attendance of the ME, and consequently any reason for Harrah's to change things?Which all leads me back to my original question... Who cares?

Reply to the INFLATION ARGUMENT:

Awesome point, kkcountry. You are absolutely right. But the WSOP won't go for it, because they are all about the money, and the new owners of the WSOP are not great for poker.
Do you think it matters? Online sites would just keep sending people through more levels or higher buyin satellites. Point -- 2006 Legends of Poker went from a 5K "everyman" event to a 10K. Entrants went down (only 20%) prize pool went up. And the % of people PLAYING for that WPT spot was miniscule compared to the WSOP, both in qualifiers (live and online satellites) and total numbers. So...I guess you are also saying Mihn the Master and several other "old school" players and WSOP champs are idiots because they have used and still used qualifiers?Zero points for your post. Zero points for the compaints about Harrah's -- their incompetence is legendary and is a seperate point. I will give you points for being the supertroll.

the whole reason poker is a beautiful game is because any blow joe off the streets can jump into a game and win it. Over time the better players win more. I dont think too many pros are worried about the bigger fields. Ask Allan Cunninham if he gave a ****.DOS

I'm boycotting Auntie Anne's pretzels!!! Every time I go to the mall I enjoy a deliscious Double A pretzel. Recently they were giving away free pretzels, and I had to wait in line with a bunch of pretzel donks for 10 MINUTES!!! I mean, come on. I think people who usually buy pretzels, let's call them pretzel pros, should be reserved 5 spots a the front of the line. I know that they are really trying to drum up business, so they can make more money, which will benefit me as a consumer in the long run. However, as someone who likes to punch myself in the taint, I must disagree with the Double AA execs. Everyone boycott with me!!!