Top Posters In This Topic

• Ron_Mexico

• speedz99

• Napa Lite

• ShakeZuma

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

and after 3 days, he is risen!

If you are paying $20 for a haircut, I imagine people assume you did it yourself anyway.

Pocket change cost me my first and only black girlfriend.   It was in the middle of a roaring poker boom and I was flush in ways most men don't even bother dreaming of. Money, it was like dirt to me

Posted Images

Des Moines is a blackout market for the Cubs, Brewers, Royals, Cardinals, Twins and White Sox. And for NFL games it's the Packers, Vikings, Bears, Chiefs, Rams and Lions. Completely brain-dead. Good idea 30 years ago, outdated beyond belief today.
Iowa rules! Why wouldn't you want to live here?
I'm available.Outliers was a terrible book.What? MDG has a negative opinion on something popular? Who would've thunk?Seriously though, all of Gladwell's books are great for the first 2-3 chapters. The rest of the books are the exact same as those chapters, just less interesting examples. Also, the books imply a dozen examples, cherry-picked through all of human history, prove a scientific concept. That annoys me.Study hard. I took Level 1, also waiting until 2 months before to start studying. It...did not go well. If you haven't already, get the short version of the books. Forget what they're called (starts with an S, shwartzger or something) but they give you 6 small books instead of the 4 giant ones, and everything I've heard about them is very positive.If you pass, you are smarter than me.
:checks briefcase: Samsonite! You were way off!

Just got back from Taiwan - stayed mainly in Taichang which is about two hours from Taipei.1. There was a 5.4 earthquake yesterday near Taichang so I was on the 21st floor of the hotel and the room was swaying. The walls kept squeaking/creaking for a few minutes and there were quite a few aftershocks.IMG00025.jpg2. They really check for the Swine Flu. At the hotel, they had an infrared camera set up in the lobby so anybody who had a high fever was not allowed to come into the hotel. At the factory that I was visiting, I had to get my temperature checked each morning before they would let us in. Below is nice blurry photo of a poster at the hotel that lists all the counter measures.IMG00027.jpg3. So I went shopping mid-week but didn't know that the stores like SOGO don't open until 11. So around 11, the clock turns into a small world song routine. My photo is only memorable for the fact that I didn't realize that right at 11, five sales babes would come out in short skirts and black stockings and welcome all the customers who were ready to enter. Seems like many of the other patrons knew, as there was a flood of camera phones that quickly blocked my view and my ability to take a photo.IMG00024.jpg4. I finished up "What the Dog Saw" by Gladwell and I enjoyed most of the chapters which are basically his favorites from his New Yorker writings. Pretty much 180 degress from Danny on how I enjoy his books.5. Hotel gave us a VIP card since we always stay there - free drinks and snacks at the bar until it closes each night. I decided to try some drinks that I had never tried before. The Moscow Mule and Salty Dog were good. Pink Lady not so much. Also the old standbys (Martini, Scotch & Soda) were bad.

So we're having a big beer pong tournament today with four divisions, and then the four teams that win the division go into a sudden death format. My buddy and I have took it upon ourselves to handicap the entire field. This is what we have come up with. Me roommate and I are on "Team Ramrod". Might be a little biased, but my other handicapper had us as a bigger favorite than I gave myself, so, yeah, we're pretty good.Sd5ZrOA7E4bNV_5ZvZ2w.png

I don't think the blackout is an outdated concept. It may be harsh on places like Detroit and Jacksonville, but the league and owners simply don't want to make it easy on fans to stay home and watch the game that they're not willing to buy tickets for. In addition, the casual fans who did go to the game might ask themselves, "Selves, why the **** did we just drop $100 apiece to come see this crappy team when we could have stayed home and watched it for free."That's the thinking and I don't really disagree. As far as I know, the blackout rule for the NFL is 75 miles radius from the stadium. Which means Toronto used to have to black out Bills games when they didn't sell out. Of course most of us up here considered that a good thing during the Bills lean years.Napa: I see some real value on some of those teams.

Des Moines is a blackout market for the Cubs, Brewers, Royals, Cardinals, Twins and White Sox. And for NFL games it's the Packers, Vikings, Bears, Chiefs, Rams and Lions. Completely brain-dead. Good idea 30 years ago, outdated beyond belief today.
This isn't true. We've never had a blackout. The only blackout I've ever dealt with is on a NFL Sunday Ticket channel when that game is being shown on the local channel. I'm speaking of football only here, since I don't watch baseball.
As far as I know, the blackout rule for the NFL is 75 miles radius from the stadium.
Des Moines is a blackout market for the Packers, Vikings, Bears, Chiefs, Rams and Lions.
Edit:
This isn't true. We've never had a blackout.
not really understanding the discussion here.the only time I have ever encountered a blackout is when I bought center ice and some local channel was picking up the game. or, the game was televised nationally on something like the NHL network.
yes.
I don't think the blackout is an outdated concept. It may be harsh on places like Detroit and Jacksonville, but the league and owners simply don't want to make it easy on fans to stay home and watch the game that they're not willing to buy tickets for. In addition, the casual fans who did go to the game might ask themselves, "Selves, why the **** did we just drop $100 apiece to come see this crappy team when we could have stayed home and watched it for free."That's the thinking and I don't really disagree. As far as I know, the blackout rule for the NFL is 75 miles radius from the stadium. Which means Toronto used to have to black out Bills games when they didn't sell out. Of course most of us up here considered that a good thing during the Bills lean years.Napa: I see some real value on some of those teams.
If that is the case then I have to say it is just taking money out of their pocket. The games won't sell out because there is no money to buy the tickets and there is no product on the field anyone wants to pay. I have no issue sitting at home watching Dallas v Giants or Pitt v Cleveland. I don't need the Lions to entertain me and that is true for most people. So I don 't agree in a business standpoint where this is beneficial for the NFL or the Owner. It's been 3 years now with Lions games not selling out. That is a lot of lost ad revenue. Clearly people aren't stupid enough to fall for such tactics.Wings, Baseball, and NBA never get blacked out locally because they all have contracts with FSNDetroit to show all games regardless.
ok, so continuing the logic...bill wirtz was a genius?
Bill Wirtz was an extremist.
If that is the case then I have to say it is just taking money out of their pocket. The games won't sell out because there is no money to buy the tickets and there is no product on the field anyone wants to pay. I have no issue sitting at home watching Dallas v Giants or Pitt v Cleveland. I don't need the Lions to entertain me and that is true for most people. So I don 't agree in a business standpoint where this is beneficial for the NFL or the Owner. It's been 3 years now with Lions games not selling out. That is a lot of lost ad revenue. Clearly people aren't stupid enough to fall for such tactics.Wings, Baseball, and NBA never get blacked out locally because they all have contracts with FSNDetroit to show all games regardless.
Not even a cent, sir. All NFL broadcast ad revenues are national and shared equally among all the teams. The same erectile dysfunction ad runs on all the games at a roughly predetermined time.
not really understanding the discussion here.the only time I have ever encountered a blackout is when I bought center ice and some local channel was picking up the game. or, the game was televised nationally on something like the NHL network.
the NFL (and only the NFL) will black out a game within 75 miles of the team's home stadium if it does not sell out (or come very close). This is because they want to ensure full stadiums since each team only has 10 home games a year (two preseason). If the game is blacked out it will be completely blacked out for 75 miles even if you have Sunday Ticket. It sucks but I know why the NFL does it. In a bad sports town like Miami, we come close to being blacked out every once in a while but usually someone will step in at the last moment (often the TV network itself of course) and buy up a couple thousand tickets to lift the blackout
Bill Wirtz was an extremist.Not even a cent, sir. All NFL broadcast ad revenues are national and shared equally among all the teams. The same erectile dysfunction ad runs on all the games at a roughly predetermined time.
Well then thank you for the learnin'!Good thing I go a Sunday without watching the Lions.
So we're having a big beer pong tournament today with four divisions, and then the four teams that win the division go into a sudden death format. My buddy and I have took it upon ourselves to handicap the entire field. This is what we have come up with. Me roommate and I are on "Team Ramrod". Might be a little biased, but my other handicapper had us as a bigger favorite than I gave myself, so, yeah, we're pretty good.
I'm thinking Dawson's ex is going to go far.
lol at you thinking I'll ever have six thousand dollars.
You dont need it all at once...A few years back the daughter of a good friend of mine got divorced and needed to get rid of one. Since my friend had to co-sign for it he was sorta stuck paying for it. He didnt need the extra bill so I "took over" the payment, which was a whopping hundred and loose change a month. I think the book keeper puts it down as equipment rental or something, I dunnoAnyway, I had forgot about the whole thing until your comment....Its either in Mesquite or Vegas... Im not sure, but its worth a hundred a month just to ride it once in a while. I know you guys have to have lots of trails around thereNothing beats getting sloshed and tearing up our scenic lands while risking life and limb
no. But I do still have a chin beard.Beans. Awesome.
Missed adding the chinny chin chin...I should have spent a few minutes more on itGlad ya liked itIn other news, Operation Catch a Thief at the poker game was a bust. For some reason the IR illuminator....I had no idea that wasnt a word....failed to operate on the main exterior cameraI did get several indecent shots on the other one of random drunks pissing. Those will be available for purchase in the pact store shortly
This isn't true. We've never had a blackout. The only blackout I've ever dealt with is on a NFL Sunday Ticket channel when that game is being shown on the local channel. I speaking of football only here, since I don't watch baseball.
I just guessed on the NFL blackout markets because I know for a fact that we are a blackout market for those MLB teams. My mistake, though, on assuming it would hold true for the NFL teams in those cities.

I have recently discovered the Holy Grail of Live 1/2 NL games. I don't play much anymore. When I do play, I'm rusty; I leave a lot of money on the table by failing to recognize profitable bluffing opportunities, then 3-barrel half a rack and get looked up. That being said, this game is probably impossible to end up stuck in over a 25 hour stretch. I have never been a great no limit player, but it's... cartoonish. I didn't think it was possible to beat a live 1/2 game for more than, like, 20-25 bucks/hr., but I am pretty sure if I played in this game 40 hours/week, the O/U for my net winnings would be 1500. And I suck. God I hate poker. I don't want to have to start playing again.