Top Posters In This Topic

• Ron_Mexico

• speedz99

• Napa Lite

• ShakeZuma

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

and after 3 days, he is risen!

If you are paying $20 for a haircut, I imagine people assume you did it yourself anyway.

Pocket change cost me my first and only black girlfriend.   It was in the middle of a roaring poker boom and I was flush in ways most men don't even bother dreaming of. Money, it was like dirt to me

Posted Images

Last night I was watching some video of Dave Matthews and Trey playing together. For the record, even though some of you will disagree with me, I think that Dave is an incredibly talented guitar player and songwriter. Anyway, they played a few Dave songs, which are, you know, about stuff (and things). Then they played an older Phish song (Bathtub Gin), which is about their typical gibberish...including a line mentioning purple humpbacked whales. It was funny to me because when Phish performs I usually don't focus on the lyrics, but with two guys and acoustic guitars it's hard not to notice how ridiculous they are.
i'm not sure if you wrote this after one my posts because you wanted me to comment on it or agree with you, but i'll just assume so because i have a deluded sense of self-importance.my opinion on both of these bands: white people like them. a lot.i think dave should've stopped writing songs immediately after best of what's around; it was all downhill from there. and phish annoys me because yes, the lyrics are idiotic, and 2, they are actually decent musicians who are content to noodle around the same dumb riff for 30 minutes because they're too high to care and their fans desire it.full disclosure: i own and at times still enjoy dmb's first two albums and phish's billy breathes and story of the ghost, although i admit that in the course of being a social person at a big ten university in the middle of cornfields from 98-02 i probably exceeded my maximum tolerances of dmb/phish listening by about 9,000% so outside of specific songs i really still like i get cringe-y (?) when i hear someone blastin trippin billies or some such.
I see what you did there. You went ahead and tied that right into Nietchizzle. Have I ever criticized you, though? I think I have enough respect for your intellect and sense of humor to stay out of your way. I doubt I've ever said anything remotely negative to you. In fact, I probably interact with you as little as anyone. That is not to say I don't like you, I simply don't know you very well.
That's because I'm an enigma, inside of a mystery, wrapped in bacon.
This is Mojo intentionally making an unfunny joke on Strat's account, right?
no this is strat being severely unfunny to prove a pointpoint: I am a faggot

if LG can find and pm me a picture of a woman with her head tilted slightly back so her neck is exposed where she's simulataneously fanning her neck and possibly has a very slightly parted mouth or even slighter wry smile where the presumption is that all of these actions are because she's getting "hot", then I'll come back and edit this post and post it here.

Why would you think you aren't a valued member? I for one find your occasional dismal attitude very inspirational! When I have a bad day I always think, "hey, at least i'm not dealing with tenants!"Besides, you GET it and bring the funny more often than not, along with taking jabs with good humor. And seriously, where couldn we find another person from Detroit to hang out here?? Since we couldn't get a black guy you were the next best option! KIDDING!!
Take your PITY POST and smear it all over your FACE!
hey I came in here to feel a part of something too LIKE A PENIS GET IT HA HA HA.
mmmmmm....PENIS
I am so depressed. Stranded in my dorm room and the cable is out, which means I will miss my normal Wednesday trash fest (America's Next Top Model - American Idol - Make Me a Supermodel). I don't know what to do. Thinking about just going to bed (it's 7pm) because my life is empty without the TV.
So I've been thinking about writing a Baseball Prospectus entry for one of their blog-contests, and wasn't sure what to write about. And with Kalas dying, I've been listening to Vin tonight and thinking about how much I'll miss Vin, and he tells a story with the intro of, "I'm only able to tell this story once a year, but..." goes on to tell a long story about how he beat Jackie Robinson in an ice-skating race 50 years ago. It was just terrific.
my opinion on both of these bands: white people like them. a lot.
Well I'm white, so I guess it's a match made it heaven. I agree that Dave's new stuff sucks for the most part and that Phish can be annoying. That said, I still enjoy a lot of the music from both of them. And it's a hell of a lot better than most junk that comes out.But I mostly listen to reggae and irish music anyway. Do me a favor and listen to Viva La Rasta...now that's some good shit.
So I've been thinking about writing a Baseball Prospectus entry for one of their blog-contests, and wasn't sure what to write about. And with Kalas dying, I've been listening to Vin tonight and thinking about how much I'll miss Vin, and he tells a story with the intro of, "I'm only able to tell this story once a year, but..." goes on to tell a long story about how he beat Jackie Robinson in an ice-skating race 50 years ago. It was just terrific.
isn't it great how old people tell once-a-year stories at a pace of roughly every time you see them?

I can stomach dave when there's a girl around that "omg I just love dmbzz!!" but phish is just unlistenable. and they used to be my favorite band many moons ago.also, reggae and irish music? speedz you are one weird cat.

I've eaten homemade tacos at least once per day for the past 5 days. That's a total of 2 pounds of taco meat so far, and I have about a half pound of meat left. I'm not at all sick of it.Of course, mexicans eat tacos every meal of their lives, but still, it's a little impressive, no?I can't wait to see Lionheart II when it comes out on video.

Quick transcription for my later purposes:I mentioned the story at the beginning of the game about everybody wearing 42, I can tell it once a year. I actually raced Jackie Robinson on ice skates, think I told that once a year, but it’s a little off beat. 1-1 to Fred Lewis, fouled back. We were assigned by the dodgers to go up to the catskill mountains for a little symposium or whatever for the customers up there. And it was dead of winter and I brought my ice skates. And Jackie, along with Rachel, who was great with child, we met up in the mountains. 2-2. Jackie looked at my ice skates and said “I’ll go skating with you.” I said okay, and Rachel said “Im going too” and I was scared to death for her. So I go to put on my skates, they’re the long racing skates with the long blade, and strike 3 called, strikeout number 7, well anyway we were putting on our skates, and if you’ve never been on ice skates, when you put them on and stand up, all of a sudden you’re on your ankles, because you have no idea how to how to balance on the blades. And here’s Jackie standing on his ankles, and he turns and said to me, “I’ll bet you 5 bucks I can beat you.”And I said “Jack you’re from southern California, I didn’t know you ice skated.” He said “I’ve never been on skates in my life” and I said “Well that’s pretty obvious. But why would you want to race me? im not a great skater, but I know I can beat you.” ” Oh” he said,” that’s ok”, and then that look came over his face and he said “that’s how I’ll learn.” His competitive drive was so great.Yea, I won, sure, but I mean he was walking on the ice on his ankles.(laughing) One of the great athletes of all time.