I am truly enjoying reading about this HORSE Tournament. Three of the top four in chips are doyle, chip and ivey. Everyone at the final table is known. This is how tournaments used to be before fields of 5k plus. I can't wait to see who wins. Am I the only one who likes seeing an FT full of pros?

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am truly enjoying reading about this HORSE Tournament. Three of the top four in chips are doyle, chip and ivey. Everyone at the final table is known. This is how tournaments used to be before fields of 5k plus. I can't wait to see who wins. Am I the only one who likes seeing an FT full of pros?
1- Jim Bechtel $841,0002- Doyle Brunson $1,227,0003- Chip Reese $1,756,0004- Dewey Tomko $438,0005- Andy Bloch $934,0006- T.J. Cloutier $351,0007- David Singer $745,0008- Patrik Antonius $13,0009- Phil Ivey $885,000best wsop final table ever?Really grinds my gears that the final table is Nl Hold em.....stick to H.O.R.S.E !!!!!! geesh...go IVEY
best wsop final table ever?Really grinds my gears that the final table is Nl Hold em.....stick to H.O.R.S.E !!!!!! geesh...go IVEY
i actually dont mind that the final table it nl holdem. i know i know flame away. this tourney is suppose to be to show the best player. its hard to find the best player without and pot limit or no limit games. i think its and awesome idea. play horse to get to the final table to find out who can play all the games then deciede who the best is in the game the doyle calls the "cadillac of poker". i think its awesomeand i really think doyle is the man after this showing. he is what 72 years old and he is still owning people and tournies. i hope he wins

Alright what level tantrum will we hear from Hellmuth if Doyle gets #11?

Great to see Chip Reese ripping it up in this event. It has always been said that he could be the best all around player... This will help confirm that.

I actually didn't realize the final table is straight nl holdem.......that really sucks. Shows the bastardization of poker by the wsop and espn. I don't even play razz or stud hi low or even omaha hi low but I still like to see them played, especially by the pros.

Im thrilled that the final table is full of the big name players. Its the exact reason they made the buy in 50k. Im going to go down to rio early tonight and hopefully get a bleacher seat at main table.. doubt i get it but maybe a good rail spot will arise.

This is how tournaments used to be before fields of 5k plus.
Well, that's not too surprising seeing as almost only name-pros entered the tournament.I'm rooting for Antonius, he only needs 6 or so double ups to get an average chip-stack. ;)Or of course, as someone mentioned in the other thread: Ivey vs. Brunson headsup!Whoever wins that one is deserving of it though.
i actually dont mind that the final table it nl holdem. i know i know flame away. this tourney is suppose to be to show the best player. its hard to find the best player without and pot limit or no limit games. i think its and awesome idea. play horse to get to the final table to find out who can play all the games then deciede who the best is in the game the doyle calls the "cadillac of poker". i think its awesome
Agreed. Also: everyone who entered the tournament knew, the final table would be NLHE, and obviously noone had a problem with that.

heads up itll be ivey and brunson. i couldnt tell you who id like to win because i like them bothedit:

Or of course, as someone mentioned in the other thread: Ivey vs. Brunson headsup!Whoever wins that one is deserving of it though.
oh.

If the final table was HORSE as well, I think Chip Reese would take it down, but as is I'm gonna have to go with Ivey. His no limit game's sharper, and at his age, he'll be better equipped to handle the schedule than someone like Brunson.

This is going to be a great Final table. I wish they would keep it HORSE too, but I don't think it's a bad idea to go to no-limit, being the players haven't played no-limit in this tourney yet. Making it a no-limit final table truly will let the players use all of their poker skills.

1- Jim Bechtel $841,0002- Doyle Brunson $1,227,0003- Chip Reese $1,756,0004- Dewey Tomko $438,0005- Andy Bloch $934,0006- T.J. Cloutier $351,0007- David Singer $745,0008- Patrik Antonius $13,0009- Phil Ivey $885,000best wsop final table ever?Really grinds my gears that the final table is Nl Hold em.....stick to H.O.R.S.E !!!!!! geesh...go IVEY
sucks for us true poker players and fans interested in all facets of the game. ESPN and WSOP turned this in to a regular tourney making the final table no limit. I am sure i am not alone , everyone would like to see pros play stud eight or better and razz since we dont get to see but a few times. I would like to see which pros are mixing it up in what games and this stupid structure gives us nothing but a nl sit in go.**** YOU WSOP and ESPN

Why wouldn't the final table be all NL?NL is by far the most skillful game, when blinds are reasonable. The mixed game format and 50k buy in was good for sifting out all the crappy Kanters of the poker world, but the final table should be as Doyle calls it, "The Cadillac of Poker". (of course Cadillacs aren't even the Caddilacs of cars anymore, but it was relevant in '78). This is the true championship of poker, not the Main Event Donkfest.

Its been said already by several of the pros that the final table being NLHE wasn't even an ESPN/WSOP idea. Almost all the pros were in favor of it. It wasn't forced down their throat and ESPN/WSOP wasn't even the first to suggest it. As for my own personal feelings, I hardly ever get to see some of the other games played by pros so I'd LOVE to see them stick to the H.O.R.S.E. format at the final table. But that's just me. Apparently, the pros wanted it the way that it is and they're the ones putting up the dough, so I guess that's their right. You can't blame WSOP/ESPN for the format. Keep in mind that paying $2,000 a person juice, they could have had any format they wanted and the tournament would have gone on. It may not have gotten on TV if ESPN deemed it un-interesting to the average viewer, but the pros set this tournament up to be played the way that they wanted. This is not "a bastardization of poker" going on here.

Alright what level tantrum will we hear from Hellmuth if Doyle gets #11?
Actually Phil is always a class act in this arena... as are Chan and Brunson... which is why Chan and Brunson were both railing Phil when he was heads up for 4 hours. They were both ready to congratulate him. And Phil will do the same.... I guarantee it.