Top Posters In This Topic

• Ron_Mexico

• speedz99

• Napa Lite

• ShakeZuma

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

and after 3 days, he is risen!

If you are paying $20 for a haircut, I imagine people assume you did it yourself anyway.

Pocket change cost me my first and only black girlfriend.   It was in the middle of a roaring poker boom and I was flush in ways most men don't even bother dreaming of. Money, it was like dirt to me

Posted Images

We only have two stalls in our bathroom at work and I have an unwritten rule that I don't think anybody else knows because they certainly don't follow it where if someone else gets on a toilet while you're in the other you have to shit and get off the pot in return for the other person waiting to start his business until you're out of the bathroom. It's the best for everybody.

So I'm off my normal morning starbucks routine and soda. Cold turkey, both at once. Probably means it won't last but I'm going to try. We were just sitting around talking about it and, assuming I make it the next 3 or 4 hours to bed time without going to the store, this will be the first day I haven't had some form of soda in maybe 20 years. We're not sure but none of us can remember for sure. Pretty stupid when I thought about it like that.

Instead, I've been making a smoothie of 1 1/2 cups milk, 1/12 cups frozen mixed berries and a couple scoops of protein powder, blending it up and taking that to work. Other wise it's iced tea, water, occasionally lemonade or no sugar added juice.

It's only been a couple of days but I feel better already. I am craving a Pepsi though.

• Like 1

Good on you on the soda. At this time, I can't make that sacrifice. I have slowed down on it.

Buy some bananas, peel them, break them in half or quarters, put them on a sheet pan, freeze them, bag them and use them for your protein shake. So good. I also recommend using less milk, and instead, use plain Greek yogurt. If you're trying to be healthy. If not, use regular yogurt, vanilla flavored. Drop a few of those frozen berries in for a hint of color or taste.

My frozen protein smoothie game is on point. The yogurt adds something. If you're trying to be healthy, I also put a bunch of spinach and kale into a blender, added some water, blitzed it, put it into ice cube trays, froze it, bagged them, and add one or two in every shake. I forget why I went to freezing it. I think it didn't blend well with the frozen fruit. Especially kale, it's stringy.

• Like 1

Ate really healthy all week, didn't eat much today, <800 calories by 6pm and we did a 6am workout.

While walking around the grocery store, the wife says she wants meat for dinner, or a sandwich. Suggest a steak and cheese. I've been eager to make one that wasn't steak-ums, which used to be ****ing delicious when I was a kid.

I buy a really nice pound and half bone in ribeye, some provolone, a nice French bread and do some work. I'm mad that I didn't leave the meat in the freezer long enough so I could slice it super thin, but it was still pretty great.

Broke out the flat top griddle to try and get restaurant style going. Caramelized an onion and a bell pepper, sliced up that ribeye while raw, cooked it up and seasoned it real nice, melted the provolone on it while on the griddle, put it on the bread, then popped it in the oven to toast it up a bit.

The meat was so tender and good. Noticeably better than the knuckle meat most of the sub places use, and I like those places.

I guess what I'm saying is, meat, bread and cheese is good

• Like 3

You work 12 hours a day? Every day?

lately, the average is like 11. today was 9-7 with a brief lunch, which was nice. this is all due to end of quarter stuff, ever increasing trade volume, and my department being down a man. I'm learning how great it was to have defined responsibilities and overtime. I mean, I don't care about the money so much; in no scenario am I going to make good money. at least when I had OT dictating some of my paycheck, there was a reason for my employer to want me to go home on time.

right now, my options are sort of: don't have a life, or drop the ball. people who drop the ball don't become winners.

• Like 1

yeah this is what i've been saying all my life. the rest of the shit just gets in the way of the bread, the meat and the cheese. it's why my sandwiches only have those three things. plus sauce.

• Like 1

Ate really healthy all week, didn't eat much today, <800 calories by 6pm and we did a 6am workout.

While walking around the grocery store, the wife says she wants meat for dinner, or a sandwich. Suggest a steak and cheese. I've been eager to make one that wasn't steak-ums, which used to be ****ing delicious when I was a kid.

I buy a really nice pound and half bone in ribeye, some provolone, a nice French bread and do some work. I'm mad that I didn't leave the meat in the freezer long enough so I could slice it super thin, but it was still pretty great.

Broke out the flat top griddle to try and get restaurant style going. Caramelized an onion and a bell pepper, sliced up that ribeye while raw, cooked it up and seasoned it real nice, melted the provolone on it while on the griddle, put it on the bread, then popped it in the oven to toast it up a bit.

The meat was so tender and good. Noticeably better than the knuckle meat most of the sub places use, and I like those places.

Liked it again.

You need a vitamix. Kale is no problem. Red berries + green leaves = brown smoothie. They taste fine but they don't look appealing. I still have one almost every day but they can make for some weird looks. I like doing pineapple, peaches, and spinach to make a Hulk smoothie, they're the best. I tend to use coconut water in place of water/juice.

Well, white milk, white yogurt and white-ish banana are the bulk of it, so a little green spinach mixed with a few frozen strawberries doesn't go brown. Actually, the Mrs said it looked Christmassy The blueberries really take over the color when I use them.

We have a pretty high powered ninja blender. It's nice.

Tomorrow I'm making two of these, one of which I'm going to change a little by putting cinnamon and nutmeg in the filling. He other will be true to the recipe because they are so good. I'm also making pumpkin hummus. It's for a gathering we're going to.

http://allrecipes.com/recipe/granny-kats-pumpkin-roll/detail.aspx?src=VD_Summary

...people who drop the ball don't become winners.

Spell it with the capitalization, and feel your life change.

Not much new here, I found out an older slight acquaintance of mine dated Ann-Margret in 1961. She was sex on a stick.

I got invited to another lesbian wedding. Hakuna Matata.

• Like 1

Starbucks is such a leak.

Ain't that the truth $5 a day 3 or 4 days a week is just ridiculous. Frankly, I quit more because of the calorie bomb that it is though. I never eat breakfast before work, save for the occasional banana on my way so the protein shake idea was to both get away from the calories and to get something decent in my stomach in the mornings.

So ironic about the cheese steak Ron. I randomly made the same earlier in the week. Not sure I ever had made it before but it sounded good so I went and got the stuff. Definitely will be making into the regular rotation.

You work 12 hours a day? Every day?

I've done it before for a while...but that's like half a week of work for me the past few years.

Also, I pee at work...but that's 99% from home. And only happens 1-2 times per day.

the worst of it: there are two people who know that I'm basically carrying the department right now, but neither is a partner, so they don't get a say in my review. it's a toxic situation, which is why I have been trying to get out. if it were a profit center, you can be sure it would be noticed that I'm putting in the hours.

Before Strat's last post, I was going to clarify that if you like what you do, there is no crime working 1w hours a day, uncles you consider a risk of burnout. But, if you're getting paid, that's another reason.

I wonder what job I wouldn't mind doing for 10-12 hours a day a couple of days a week. 12 hours a day 5-6 days a week is crazy excessive

Cobalt, what is it you do? Also, you don't drink enough water.

A young Ann Margaret was one sexy ginger. And tits to boot

Hates bj's

Likes helping people move

Doesn't go to the bathroom anywhere besides home

Never gets drunk on a fifth of booze

Eternal optimist.

Believes in the Easter bunny

Seriously, brvy is the bizarro me

That's why we would be such great friends!

Busy Saturday

The pumpkin hummus. I made tastes weird. I followed the recipe.

I have never liked hummus, not sure why the wife asked me to make it for tonight's gathering.

Did Brv and Napa finally make their road trip?

Can I go back to a point from a while back? You said you have one of those cars that goes from automatic to manual, and you don't have to use a clutch.

Have you ever had a car that was just manual? Part of my fun was keeping the ratio of clutch/gas.

What road trip were me and Brv supposed to go on?

I drove a ranger that was a manual for like 6 years. I liked it because it was deceptively quick off the line and it was really fun to drive in the mud and also during the winter. I disliked it while living in DSM because it's really hilly with a lot of stop lights.

I have driven a stick before, didn't mind it, but like this way 100% better. It's stick shift without the downside of burning out a clutch, rolling backwards on a hill when trying to go forward, stalling when a hot girl is looking at you, not being able to drive after left leg surgery or accidentally grinding the gears