I Called In Sick Today

Whatever, my drinks and post-game mcd's was still paid for by our winnings.
How much money you get? First for me is a $25 gift cert to the place, certainly not enough to cover anything.
  • Replies 268k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ron_Mexico

• speedz99

• Napa Lite

• ShakeZuma

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

and after 3 days, he is risen!

If you are paying $20 for a haircut, I imagine people assume you did it yourself anyway.

Pocket change cost me my first and only black girlfriend.   It was in the middle of a roaring poker boom and I was flush in ways most men don't even bother dreaming of. Money, it was like dirt to me

Posted Images

So I arrive at LAX and get on the Avis shuttle. The driver (Elderly Asian Woman) swore and honked at the Parking Spot Shuttle for not moving fast enough. Then, she swears and honks at the Hertz shuttle in front of her because it's taking too long I guess. Not sure that's the best job for her.I'm trying to eat healthier on this trip so for room service, I order a Garden Burger. The guy at the other end says in an incredulous tone "Do you know that's a veggie burger!?" Yes. "Do you want fries or fruit with that"?I read thru 1/2 of Outliers on the way here on a Bizzle recommendation. One section was on Opportunity and one of the stories was about how all the Jewish attorneys hit it big because they had the right work ethic from watching their parents work in the garment industry and how they were willing to take on the clients that the old Nordic ivy league attorneys wouldn't touch in the Big Apple. Right place at the right time.Another story was about this young genius who had like a 200 IQ but he was in never in the right place or circumstance and didn't get the breaks like Oppenheimer did (I never knew he tried to kill his tutor when he was in college). The book also talked about the importance of finding meaningful work (e.g. $150K as a toll booth operator < $75K as a teacher). I thought "Sal, move to real city you POS!"Also, I plan on having each of my daughters spend 10,000 hours on something like piano, math or gymnastics (they don't know of this plan yet).

Well it was good having Scram back for awhile, too bad it didn't last.
If he posted more frequently it would be a bigger loss.-John Madden
Think Mexico's favorite show, also the former name of a current (though irregular (in many ways)) sickie. It might also be spelled 'Leery', I'm not sure.
yeah we might have got it if you could LEARN TO SPELL. (I had no idea what it was.)
what's the one with the swirling chocolate in the commercial?
I know guys like the ones in those commercials.
you know, I wonder what the percentage is of people calling out of work saying they have flu symptoms that are just using the "epidemic" to take a couple of days off. I wouldn't be surprised to see it over 5 percent. maybe even 10. on another note, facebook (and the morons on my friends list) is hilarious: it's amazing how many statuses I've seen with things like "well, I've had bronchitis, strep throat, and a touch of pneumonia for two weeks now, but thank god it isn't the swine flu!" fucking retards.
Did you know they make bacon flavored rolling papers?
Why would they intentionally try to alienate their (Jewish) base?Luckily, I dont believe in Kosher.
How much money you get? First for me is a $25 gift cert to the place, certainly not enough to cover anything.
$50 cash. We all had to go home and study after, so we only had a few beers each...it was enough to cover us.
I'm trying to eat healthier on this trip so for room service, I order a Garden Burger. The guy at the other end says in an incredulous tone "Do you know that's a veggie burger!?" Yes. "Do you want fries or fruit with that"?
That's awesome.
Also, I plan on having each of my daughters spend 10,000 hours on something like piano, math or gymnastics (they don't know of this plan yet).
Not gymnastics. Those girls always end up seriously fucked in the head...so to speak.
Can somebody explain this to me?
Bacon jam/spread. Looks delicious. Etc.
Not gymnastics. Those girls always end up seriously fucked in the head...so to speak.
You know what they call it when they fall on the balance beam with one leg on each side of it?Breaking the taco.True story.Thanks for the bacon explanation.
NOT SHAWN JOHNSON! She's a wonderful corn-fed Iowa chick.U%20S%20Olympic%20Team%20Media%20Summit%209Lb1XszfTAVl.jpg

well, before beans left, he sent me a "rainy day" story for when the thread slowed down, and since I think we've been on the same page for about a week, I'd say it's raining pretty hard. so here you go:-----------------------Several years ago I was goofing around the shop one day drinking beer and killing time when the phone rang. My good friend Dale who worked for the phone company and I had the following conversation..."Beans....you got time to run a call with me?""Yeah...whats up?""You gotta see this house Im goin to""Hot housewife?""Oh no...not this time.....its a compound full of lesbians""Uh...whadda they look like?""Ill be there in a minute""Alrite"A few minutes later the white service truck slid to a stop in front of the shop. After my baggage of a beer cooler was stowed securely in the floorboard, my tour guide for the evening commenced his overview of the proposed entertainment only after the vehicles speed increased to the point that a bailout attempt was unwise..."Whats up at this place?""Its unbelievable....""How so?""Here....put these on"(Hands over an telephone company identification badge and hardhat)"Oh boy....what are we stealing?""Nothin....they wont let you in without them"(Beans nervously clips the ID tag on his pocket and tries to obstruct the pic that looks nothing like him)"Can I wear a toolbelt?""You wont need it"After almost an hour of driving down dirt roads and passing several potential Deliverance two movie shoot locations, we pulled up to a driveway secured by a gate and several runs of stranded barbed wire. Sitting in a rusty chair behind a pile of rocks was a large woman wearing a gray sweat suit, sporting a butch hair cut and tattoos that would shame a sailor. I couldnt help noticing the double barrel shotgun leaning against the tree as she unlocked the numerous padlocks securing the gate."Dale....Im not ready to die""We'll be ok....I was here this morning""So they suckered you into bringing two sacrifices this time, huh?""Probably"(Guard dike walks to the truck) "You found ya a helpa, did ya?""Yeah....hes the main trouble man"(Looks at Beans with a scowl)"You ken fix wher da litenin blowed us up?""Yes maa....Yeah, I sure ken"(dirty look from Dale)"Goon up dere...Wilm is spectin ya"The long driveway....or trail as it was.... wound along the ridge and up to a field that overlooked the entire Hazel Valley. It was amazingly beautiful with hundred year old oak trees rising from a bed of ferns framed by three foot tall moss covered rock fences dating back to the civil war days. The pleasant scenery was abruptly interrupted by a single story shed that came into view around the next corner that appeared to have been built around the same era as the fence and trees. I pushed back the hard hat that was brought forward by the rising hair on the back of my neck and started begging for an abrupt exit..."Get us the fuck outta here!""Its ok....dont act nervous""Nervous? How about scared shitless?""Just go with me into the house and plug the toner into the plug in the kitchen""Where are you gonna be?""Im goin back down the road and clamp the locator on the pair feeding them""The fuck you are... as soon as this rig stops Im heading cross country....which way is west?""They wont hurt ya...just dont stare at the shrine""Jesus H Christ..... Why the hell did I even.....THE SHRINE?"I slugged another beer in record time before arriving at the main compound, which was a larger shack surrounded by the smaller huts linked to it via stepping stones between clothes lines, old car bodies, ricks of wood, and other miscellaneous items that I couldnt identify without a detailed history book. Random goats and other livestock meandered among the wreckage, dressed in beads, plastic flowers, and collars made from unidentifiable tanned hides that were closely scanned for tattoos upon exit. The overpowering smell of cat urine flowed almost visually from the screen doors of the structures as the trek to the front door progressed, making my stomach almost as weak as my knees"Hello Wilm....brought my helper along to fix your phone""Come on in"The darkness of the building along with the fifteen or so cats hanging from the screen blacked my view of the womans face that issued the command, adding to the flight instinct that overpowered my mind and soul. I can honestly say that Ive never been more scared in my life"Oh my god please get me outta this place" "Whad you say?""Nice place you have up here....pretty view!""We like it"The house was built from chicken house trusses and scrap sheet metal with a wood floor constructed from pallets and railroad ties. Covering the walls was random colored sheets of plywood, metal, and shake shingles with a wood stove and a bathroom cabinet in one corner serving as a sink. No bathroom was in attendance in the one room residence that I could see, but the darkness could have hidden its presence in the far corner that I couldnt clearly see. What was visible was approximately seventy five cats of all shapes and sizes littered...literally....all over the place on the floor, walls, and ceiling. The combined purring, meowing, and fighting amongst each other was almost deafening."You guys probably dont have much of a mice problem, huh?" I asked jokingly, triggering an immediate look from Dale"Whadda mean by that?" "Nothin....I was just a funnin ya"(reaches down to pet one of the beasts)"Ya just better keep yer hand ta yerself there helper....theys dont like mens atol"(hissing sound from hell)"Im with em""Tha phones over thare with yer friend""k"One location that I couldnt help myself from glancing at even though I was warned not to was the shrine area to my extreme left. It was a large table containing several glass, plastic, and maybe even wood...dildos placed standing on end around a filled fish tank containing what appeared to be minnows seined from the nearby creek. A few more larger false appendages stood up inside the tank with bubbles from the aerator flowing around them. The table was covered with a leather cloth lit by large candles held with a med-evil looking wrought iron holder and several smaller candles in between the cooter toys. A second glance or two verified my observation that even though cats inhabited every other square inch of the structure, not one of them strayed even close to the shrine. My mind studied on why not for a split second until a circuit overloaded and brought me back to reality. I stumbled across the residence toward the lavatory where the phone NID was and stepped directly on Dales foot, grinding it into the unstable floor as hard as I could. I mumbled scream was produced that lifted my spirits somewhat, followed shortly by the sound of a screwdriver hitting the floor. I had figured out that he had already repaired the line at this point and the fumbling around that I could hear around the socket area was all for show. A few seconds later my suspicions were confirmed when he announced that he now had dial tone and that it should be working. We felt our way back past the candle lit sex toys and back outside, abandoning the screwdriver in the darkness of cat feces covered hell.Along the driveway back to the main road I noticed several women in various states of undress wandering aimlessly thru the woods carrying wood and other provisions found in the wild to support the clan such as berries, squirrels, and polk salad sprouts. They all had the look and actions of zombies when you could catch a glance at their intentionally covered faces. I concentrated on the quickly diminishing beer and tried not to think more about it as the truck passed the before unnoticed nude woman mailbox post and pulled onto the main highway"Whatd ya think about that shit?""I think Ill go to church this Sunday, you fucker, you...."The above tale is one hundred percent true. I just hope the courage to bring it out of the back of my mind and tell it will serve to alert the dangers of owning cats, or at least more than one at a time....Google Earth screen shot of the mailbox to hellcatzpeople.jpgNow Ill drink another few beers and pass out with the light on....again

so uhh, what's she trying to say with her hands there?
Well, Sal, that particular hand gesture is a sign of confidence. What's interesting is that normally it is associated with fingers up rather than down.So I can only conclude that what she's trying to say here is, "I'm confident you would fuck me if I let you."
Randy talking about Rush?52798fd7.jpg
Hahah wait.. GODDAMMIT!
NOT SHAWN JOHNSON! She's a wonderful corn-fed Iowa chick.
Speaking of Iowa, Deb got us tickets to the Ohio State/Iowa game in November. We'll seewho's who!She actually went to school there and everyone talks about how it's amazing experience to go. I'msomewhat of a fan though they are probably2nd or 3rd on my list of college teams. I really had beendropping hints at all kinds of stuff I wanted so I was a little bummed actually. The bright side is now I'm just going to buy the stuff I wanted, take a Saturday off for the first time in years and party thatwhole weekend. So, win win!
Hahah wait.. GODDAMMIT!Speaking of Iowa, Deb got us tickets to the Ohio State/Iowa game in November. We'll seewho's who!She actually went to school there and everyone talks about how it's amazing experience to go. I'msomewhat of a fan though they are probably2nd or 3rd on my list of college teams. I really had beendropping hints at all kinds of stuff I wanted so I was a little bummed actually. The bright side is now I'm just going to buy the stuff I wanted, take a Saturday off for the first time in years and party thatwhole weekend. So, win win!
OSU sucks! So does U of M. Go Wayne State! What?

Boy, did I pick the right day to drop in.. Beans is the greatest.

Hahah wait.. GODDAMMIT!Speaking of Iowa, Deb got us tickets to the Ohio State/Iowa game in November. We'll seewho's who!She actually went to school there and everyone talks about how it's amazing experience to go. I'msomewhat of a fan though they are probably2nd or 3rd on my list of college teams. I really had beendropping hints at all kinds of stuff I wanted so I was a little bummed actually. The bright side is now I'm just going to buy the stuff I wanted, take a Saturday off for the first time in years and party thatwhole weekend. So, win win!
That'd be a great time.Sorry if it's already been mentioned, but did they ever track down the guy who cold-cocked you at that game?