I Called In Sick Today

...And now I'm not sleeping for days.
I had two ponies on that race.... SuperBrad to win and Call Rick For Help to placeI think SuperBrad is still trying to cross the line as we speak, but we all had CRFH to placeWe all had a big discussion about Rick always being second so that how we bet it
  • Replies 268k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ron_Mexico

• speedz99

• Napa Lite

• ShakeZuma

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

and after 3 days, he is risen!

If you are paying $20 for a haircut, I imagine people assume you did it yourself anyway.

Pocket change cost me my first and only black girlfriend.   It was in the middle of a roaring poker boom and I was flush in ways most men don't even bother dreaming of. Money, it was like dirt to me

Posted Images

Im still worried about that rebate he was expecting....In other news, its time for a Beans Twilight Zone taleGather round the campfire, and pay no attention to the howling sounds. Damn plastic chairsSo last Saturday a small group of our friends went to Okieville to the horse track. Will Rogers Downs for those that want good marks on the quiz to follow. Anyway, the six of us (Rick, Pat, me, and the wives) were almost to the state line when Pat received a call from a kid that works for us once in a while doing odd jobs. The kid asked if we had anything to do that morning and was told we wouldnt be home until late and that it was too cold to work anyway.Late that evening after driving on solid ice back home, we found out the kid committed suicide. Rick had left his phone at the house, and found out by listening to voice mails left by the kid and his brother during the dayI just listened to them and still have cold chills....The first few were from the kids brother, asking Rick to please go by his house and check on him because he sounded suicidal. They sounded more and more serious until the last, which said "Rick, my brother is dead"Remember how I reported that we were betting on the horses names instead of previous results?The last message was date stamped six oclock, which was exactly the time that we won several dollars on the last race of the dayThe name of the horse was "Call Rick For Help" scroll down to the twelfth race
Just WOW.
Well, Beans, that's pretty much the worst thing ever. I am pretty sure the Silver Lining -- Call Rick for Help cashing your tickets in the 12th race -- just about makes it a wash, though.
not bad. I would have gone with the "so this means you have a job opening huh?" line, but yours was good too.(yeah, crappy story though beans. gonna probably end up being pretty tough on that rick guy too even though it's nowhere near his fault. stuff like that just sucks.)

The crazy thing is that Call Rick For Help broke a leg a few weeks later and put himself down.OK. That was just awful. Awful. Anybody have any work for me?

not bad. I would have gone with the "so this means you have a job opening huh?" line, but yours was good too.(yeah, crappy story though beans. gonna probably end up being pretty tough on that rick guy too even though it's nowhere near his fault. stuff like that just sucks.)
I considered briefly and rejected quickly the following line:"That's pretty shitty; probably should've bet on Wampas Cat. Nobody would've shed a tear if your neighbor's outdoor cat ran into traffic 9 times." That isn't really funny (not that the first line was), and just seems more needlessly callous. In other news, according to an Excel spreadsheet, one of the following things is true:1) I am reasonably good looking2) I date women with bad visionMy "Physical Attractiveness" scores were actually kinda funny.College Girlfriend: "When we were dating? Or when we started dating? Or now? Because there were some swings in there, but you've aged well." Jess: "I didn't know how to answer this because you randomly started dressing well a few weeks after we started dating."Random Girl I Didn't Date That Long: "With a beard: 40 Clean-shaven: 80" (When I met her I had a beard.)Highschool Girlfriend: "I am a lesbian." (<--- this one is my fault)Wang
The crazy thing is that Call Rick For Help broke a leg a few weeks later and put himself down.OK. That was just awful. Awful. Anybody have any work for me?
Hey I used a version of your rape joke the other day. I wasn't planning on attributing it to you, but when my mom looked at me like that I decided to give credit where credit is due. Do you have a name I can use? Or a website? Or a youtube link?
Hey I used a version of your rape joke the other day. I wasn't planning on attributing it to you, but when my mom looked at me like that I decided to give credit where credit is due. Do you have a name I can use? Or a website? Or a youtube link?
http://www.joelonleno.com
www.jayleno.comedit: dammit too slow
the "there's nothing funny about rape. well there is, but you had to be there."' joke? that was navybuttonses's'.
the "there's nothing funny about rape. well there is, but you had to be there."' joke? that was navybuttonses's'.
I had one, too. It wasn't as funny nor memorable (obviously), but it was topical for its time. That's the trick to good comedy. Write jokes that become instantly dated and forgettable.
I had one, too. It wasn't as funny nor memorable (obviously), but it was topical for its time. That's the trick to good comedy. Write jokes that become instantly dated and forgettable.
Actually, that's the joke I was thinking of. "If this is anybody but Loogie, you're stealing my joke."
it was? i thought it was loogie's. in fact i think i told TB it was loogie's. or i may have told navy it was loogie's. that would have been funny.
actually I wrote it and gave it to both of them to pass off as their own. oh the pickle we're in now huh!
i forgot about that stripper story. i think i'll spend the last 8 minutes of work reminiscing.

Well, that figures.Here was mine:So, Kobe's being accused of rape. I don't think he did it. I mean, Kobe drinks Sprite. It's not exactly Rape Cola. (beat) I recently switched to Diet Rape Cola. It's just as they say. At first, I didn't like it--but after a while, I started to enjoy it./crickets

i forgot about that stripper story. i think i'll spend the last 8 minutes of work reminiscing.
there was a stripper story? did I have sex with a stripper? lord I hope so!
Well, that figures.Here was mine:So, Kobe's being accused of rape. I don't think he did it. I mean, Kobe drinks Sprite. It's not exactly Rape Cola. (beat) I recently switched to Diet Rape Cola. It's just as they say. At first, I didn't like it--but after a while, I started to enjoy it./crickets
HAHAHAHAHAHA... what?
pete, are you playing any of the tstone events this week?
Just the main on Saturday/Sunday. Can't take time off this week as I'm taking off Thurs/Fri/Mon next week to go to a swim meet at Harvard.