I Called In Sick Today

Dear RodReynolds:You are Mr.Zimmerlin.Regards,The Magnificent Shimmering Wang
Dear The Magnificent Shimmering WangI can neither confirm nor deny this outlandish statement.Cheers,RodReynoldsP.S. I am now quitting this thread.
  • Replies 268k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ron_Mexico

• speedz99

• Napa Lite

• ShakeZuma

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If you are paying $20 for a haircut, I imagine people assume you did it yourself anyway.

and after 3 days, he is risen!

Pocket change cost me my first and only black girlfriend.   It was in the middle of a roaring poker boom and I was flush in ways most men don't even bother dreaming of. Money, it was like dirt to me

Posted Images

the first two seasons are very good, the third, not so much. if you want to see a real cool one, check out the one amiri baraka
To me it just sounds like racism.
you should read it then, the movie was okay but the books are great, esp the first one
I'll put them on my list.
ok, I'm losing track, who's quitting from this one? Loogie?
Hopefully, we're all quitting.
I wouldn't care.Fair, but I doubt that if a couple people from this thread that you talk to on a regular basis were to send you a strat pm or two it would really bother you. And if it would then it wouldn't be hard to delete just like you delete all the other junk. I'm not spamming you for Jebus' sake. PresentReally?True. I didn't know you were talking about a sng let alone a turbo. I don't play many, but I was under the impression that you can just play these things on autopilot with a pretty basic system.
I fail to see how that's relevant, I don't care about what you think of my PM reading habits, but we're discussing it. On a lighter note, did you, Smash, and DDIDM all go to the school of breaking people's posts down line by line and responding in short, sarcastic/condescending sentences with flawless grammar? All 3 of you do the exact same, it's strange
WTF does that mean?Visit the $30/$50 sngs on Ultimate Bet. I recognize at least 4 names if not more almost every game.
whoa tiger!my point was simply that the structure of the game overrides any possible metagame implications. the cost of making sub-optimal plays is just too great.
I don't even know who FWP is, but I'm upset that he/she/it (???) stole my thunder.Mr.DannyG. Or you.
Here's the PM, he's just too easy to get riled up. is your ****ing problem? thats the second time you posted that bull ****, me andy and mark are all on good terms after my **** up, (you think I didnt dont feel bad) you wanna discuss something that doesnt ****ing concern you you can IM me bout it ok u ****ing clown.I thought maybe I liked you but your talking **** for no reason. so ya **** you(I called him a scammer)
Hopefully, we're all quitting.
You are one pessimistic sumbitch.
I fail to see how that's relevant, I don't care about what you think of my PM reading habits, but we're discussing it. On a lighter note, did you, Smash, and DDIDM all go to the school of breaking people's posts down line by line and responding in short, sarcastic/condescending sentences with flawless grammar? All 3 of you do the exact same, it's strange
It's just easier to be clear that way. Basically all I'm saying is that it isn't a big deal if a couple people wrote you messages asking for advice. If anything, you should be glad to be thought of as an authority on the subject, but instead you took the opportunity to let everyone know that you were too cool for stuff like that and you're much too busy to be bothered because you're such a stud around here. We get it.
I was going to say this, too. This play is more suited for long-term cashgame play, or at a big-field tournament with semi-observant players at a table unlikely to break soon. In these situations, limping up from with bigger hands will discourage shut out raises from LP and the blinds, and allow you to- like Bizzle said- open up in early position and see a few cheaper flops. It CAN be a play for value, however, in some circumstances. If your UTG limp highly increases the chance of an LP raise or shove- and your chances of getting action from other players with a raise is low- this CAN be the proper way to maximize value. That being said, the circumstances also have to be perfect. There's one successful tournament player in particular that I used to butt heads with on Paradise (NSXT2) that used this play in the middle-to-late stages of big-field tournaments with alot of success. In situations like that, the dead money from an EP limp and the blinds/antes is so attractive that medium stacks would pounce on the opportunity to pick up some chips, and be 4-1 dogs when the cards were turned over. Wang
Well said sir.
I don't remember what hand history I posted in here, but I don't really play turbo sngs. If I do, they're for very little money and very much fun.The sngs that I play are filled with a lot of the same players. Mixing up your play is important.
It was a turbo sng on tilt. I was the one who said "ewww", you said the mixing up your play thing, and I didn't respond because I thought I was getting leveled.
even if this were true, the nature of a STT dictates that playing ABC in the early stages is correct. in the later stages, it's good to know the abc plays (i.e. correct push-botting) but also good to have a little creativity, but not much. if creative poker is what you're looking to play, there are better places to go outside of sit and go's.
Yeppers.
whoa tiger!my point was simply that the structure of the game overrides any possible metagame implications. the cost of making sub-optimal plays is just too great.
Note to loogie: sub-optimal play includes limping AQo in EP, getting half your stack in on a QJrag flop, folding to a shove and not seeing a showdown.
It's just easier to be clear that way. Basically all I'm saying is that it isn't a big deal if a couple people wrote you messages asking for advice. If anything, you should be glad to be thought of as an authority on the subject, but instead you took the opportunity to let everyone know that you were too cool for stuff like that and you're much too busy to be bothered because you're such a stud around here. We get it.
Hi, I don't e-fight on the internet with people anymore. I was kidding, read my posts and see if I care a ton about people asking me for help. Second, ya you know me very well clearly. Ask any of the members of this thread who I talk to on AIM and ask them if I ever have ever said no to sweating a HH or giving advice or discussing hands. Even ask them if they think I'm full of myself or act like helping them out is a burden to me. You might be surprised. Third, this is stupid.seriousbusiness.jpg
Well, you started your point by questioning the accuracy of my statement...so you got the appropriate response. I have a short fuse. It happens....when I'm not stoned.I hear over and over how ABC is the correct strategy for sngs. I say it depends on the table. You say that my style spews chips. My results disagree.
It was a turbo sng on tilt. I was the one who said "ewww", you said the mixing up your play thing, and I didn't respond because I thought I was getting leveled.
Nope. I'm referring to a different hand titled Loogie is Out of Control in the tourny forum. I don't play Full Tilt.
Hi, I don't e-fight on the internet with people anymore. I was kidding, read my posts and see if I care a ton about people asking me for help. Second, ya you know me very well clearly. Ask any of the members of this thread who I talk to on AIM and ask them if I ever have ever said no to sweating a HH or giving advice or discussing hands. Even ask them if they think I'm full of myself or act like helping them out is a burden to me. You might be surprised. Third, this is stupid.
You're right. This really is silly, and I'm not trying to argue. It just seemed dumb to me that you made a point to let everyone know that you couldn't be bothered with any messages because you already had too many stupid ones to deal with so I gave you a hard time about it. It's what I do.
Hand #42323821-18 at TurboSnG-0001a (No Limit Hold'em Sit and Go) l000gie: Qs AcPre-flop:l000gie calls. Flop (board: Qh 7d Jh): blackdouglas checks. djr1617 checks. sszzll bets 200. l000gie raises to 500. tedtb folds. blackdouglas folds. djr1617 folds. sszzll goes all-in for 1540. l000gie folds, showing Qs Ac. sszzll is returned 1040 (uncalled). sszzll opts to show Js Qd. sszzll has Js Qd Qh 7d Jh: two pair, queens and jacks.
Hmk.
This is what I was referring to.
I hear over and over how ABC is the correct strategy for sngs. I say it depends on the table. You say that my style spews chips. My results disagree.
sounds pretty results oriented, but hey. i'm definitely an advocate of playing the style that suits you. so by all means, play calvinball.
This is what I was referring to.
I don't know what "HMK" means.It looks like I made a pretty good play there. I know. I know. If I raise it up preflop, he probably folds preflop, but I don't remember this tourny, the situation, the buy-in, or any other important factors.Meanwhile, the read was still good. The fold was correct.
Meanwhile, the read was still good. The fold was correct.
oh nooh noyou've done itprepare to feel the wrath of SeriousBizzle[grabs popcorn, soda]
oh nooh noyou've done itprepare to feel the wrath of SeriousBizzle[grabs popcorn, soda]
I ain't scurred. I'm results oriented.
Meanwhile, the read was still good. The fold was correct.
I hereby remove your proposed dictatorship of the tourney strat forum.
Bizzle is Simo?
Never.

I don't know if Simo just doesn't publish his results, but with the strategy he gives, I have a hard time believing he isn't a really successful player. He is virtually always spot on, and is able to clearly explain his ideas.

I hereby remove your proposed dictatorship of the tourney strat forum.
I don't understand. Why am I supposed to call here?
I don't understand. Why am I supposed to call here?
You're at worst a flip against a turbotard's range. You're getting 2:1. Folding is dumb.Oh wait. Sorry, I just saw he had two pair. Nevermind, good fold.