• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ron_Mexico

• speedz99

• Napa Lite

• ShakeZuma

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If you are paying $20 for a haircut, I imagine people assume you did it yourself anyway.

and after 3 days, he is risen!

Pocket change cost me my first and only black girlfriend.   It was in the middle of a roaring poker boom and I was flush in ways most men don't even bother dreaming of. Money, it was like dirt to me

Posted Images

Ya, let's not do that.
It's not like you'll be overrun with messages. Get over yourself. If a couple people from here pm you to ask strat advice that's a problem? As though you're too busy to delete a message if you don't want to respond to it. As though your inbox is filled with so many important messages that one more might make it asplode. Don't be an ass. Kisses.
Hopefully his gift issss an alien abduction helmet. I mean it is Dennis Hopper.
Dennis Hopper is an alien, so if he put one on his head would asplode.
that one more might make it asplode.
Whoa, I was typing my post with "asplode" in it while you were typing yours. Freaky. I'm buying an alien abduction helmet immediately.
I read MrDannyG's post about catchup being boring, and I had a few thoughts:1) Shut the fuck up.2) Shut the fuck up.3) You ever read Ethan Frome? Well I have the same reaction when I read your dry, uninteresting, longwinded posts about you and your quasigirlfriend. (In case you're wondering, that reaction is "stupefied anger, combined with what looks like an epileptic seizure but is actually a physical manifestation of my blinding rage. Also, blindness. From the rage.)4) Shut the fuck up.
I like scary derek, but, I am scared of scary derek
It's not like you'll be overrun with messages. Get over yourself. If a couple people from here pm you to ask strat advice that's a problem? As though you're too busy to delete a message if you don't want to respond to it. As though your inbox is filled with so many important messages that one more might make it asplode. Don't be an ass. Kisses.
Hi, if I hadn't just cleared my inbox I would forward you all the ridiculous pm's I get on a weekly basis. It's weird because like Speedz says, it makes people seem real, I don't like that. So lick my balls, IF I DON'T WANT ANY MORE MESSAGES, THAT'S MY RIGHT AND YOU CAN'T MAKE ME GET MORE.
I like scary derek, but, I am scared of scary derek
The best part about scary Derek is that you never know when he's going to show up, like a Herpes outbreak. There's also medication to control it, like with Herpes. He's entertaining to friends and family alike, except if he's directing his wrath at you, which is also similar to Herpes. Finally, scary Derek can be transmitted sexually. Wang
BTW - The Tournament Forum pisses me off. I play tournies and sngs almost exclusively, but I cannot discuss strategy in this forum. They should change the title of it to the Tournament ABC Play forum. I posted a hand the other day that was read-dependent, creative, and aggressive...and got blasted by open limping with AQo in early position. Here's a direct quote, "Ewww!" I explain that I limp with this hand about 25% of the time to switch up my play. There's nothing wrong with that...in fact you SHOULD do this IMHO. I scrounged around for my copy of HOH Vol 1 and looked up AQo in early position. What's his suggestion? Limp 25% of the time.I think I may have to take over the Tournament Forum in a bloody coup.
My issue with your reasoning here is that you're taking a concept (mixing up your play) and totally misapplying it (using it in an sng). The idea of mixing up your play is to be able to widen your ranges when it comes to table image, which is important when playing in a tournament where you will be able to exploit that later. In a sitngo, when the table is guaranteed to break within 70 hands or so, you should be looking to play the hand for maximum value, as table image shouldn't matter. The HH you posted a few days ago in here was the same way-limping AQo early in a turbo sng isn't just a spew, it's a massive spew.
My issue with your reasoning here is that you're taking a concept (mixing up your play) and totally misapplying it (using it in an sng). The idea of mixing up your play is to be able to widen your ranges when it comes to table image, which is important when playing in a tournament where you will be able to exploit that later. In a sitngo, when the table is guaranteed to break within 70 hands or so, you should be looking to play the hand for maximum value, as table image shouldn't matter. The HH you posted a few days ago in here was the same way-limping AQo early in a turbo sng isn't just a spew, it's a massive spew.
I was going to say this, too. This play is more suited for long-term cashgame play, or at a big-field tournament with semi-observant players at a table unlikely to break soon. In these situations, limping up from with bigger hands will discourage shut out raises from LP and the blinds, and allow you to- like Bizzle said- open up in early position and see a few cheaper flops. It CAN be a play for value, however, in some circumstances. If your UTG limp highly increases the chance of an LP raise or shove- and your chances of getting action from other players with a raise is low- this CAN be the proper way to maximize value. That being said, the circumstances also have to be perfect. There's one successful tournament player in particular that I used to butt heads with on Paradise (NSXT2) that used this play in the middle-to-late stages of big-field tournaments with alot of success. In situations like that, the dead money from an EP limp and the blinds/antes is so attractive that medium stacks would pounce on the opportunity to pick up some chips, and be 4-1 dogs when the cards were turned over. Wang
Hi, if I hadn't just cleared my inbox I would forward you all the ridiculous pm's I get on a weekly basis.
I wouldn't care.
It's weird because like Speedz says, it makes people seem real, I don't like that.
Fair, but I doubt that if a couple people from this thread that you talk to on a regular basis were to send you a strat pm or two it would really bother you. And if it would then it wouldn't be hard to delete just like you delete all the other junk. I'm not spamming you for Jebus' sake.
So lick my balls
Present
IF I DON'T WANT ANY MORE MESSAGES, THAT'S MY RIGHT AND YOU CAN'T MAKE ME GET MORE.
Really?
True. I didn't know you were talking about a sng let alone a turbo. I don't play many, but I was under the impression that you can just play these things on autopilot with a pretty basic system.
I don't remember what hand history I posted in here, but I don't really play turbo sngs. If I do, they're for very little money and very much fun.The sngs that I play are filled with a lot of the same players. Mixing up your play is important.
I was going to say this, too. This play is more suited for long-term cashgame play, or at a big-field tournament with semi-observant players at a table unlikely to break soon. In these situations, limping up from with bigger hands will discourage shut out raises from LP and the blinds, and allow you to- like Bizzle said- open up in early position and see a few cheaper flops. It CAN be a play for value, however, in some circumstances. If your UTG limp highly increases the chance of an LP raise or shove- and your chances of getting action from other players with a raise is low- this CAN be the proper way to maximize value. That being said, the circumstances also have to be perfect. There's one successful tournament player in particular that I used to butt heads with on Paradise (NSXT2) that used this play in the middle-to-late stages of big-field tournaments with alot of success. In situations like that, the dead money from an EP limp and the blinds/antes is so attractive that medium stacks would pounce on the opportunity to pick up some chips, and be 4-1 dogs when the cards were turned over. Wang
We're talking about AQ though.
True. I didn't know you were talking about a sng let alone a turbo. I don't play many, but I was under the impression that you can just play these things on autopilot with a pretty basic system.
oh oh, cue wang with "I QUIT THIS THREAD" in 3,2,1......
We're talking about AQ though.
Yeah. I meant to mention this, but didn't. Gap theory is important, here. You're not looking to get called by 66 in this spot, unless your opponent is just awful.
oh oh, cue wang with "I QUIT THIS THREAD" in 3,2,1......
I quit this thread on a pretty regular basis, I just rarely announce it to the group. I think I've pulled quite a few medium-term disappearing acts over the last few years. (<--- "last few years?" Is that right? I'm very depressed by that.)Wang
Dear Sick ThreadI am currently enjoying reading what you have to say. All my love,RodReynolds
Dear RodReynolds:You are Mr.Zimmerlin.Regards,The Magnificent Shimmering Wang
The sngs that I play are filled with a lot of the same players. Mixing up your play is important.
even if this were true, the nature of a STT dictates that playing ABC in the early stages is correct. in the later stages, it's good to know the abc plays (i.e. correct push-botting) but also good to have a little creativity, but not much. if creative poker is what you're looking to play, there are better places to go outside of sit and go's.
I saw Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy for the first time the other day. One of my all time favorites already.
you should read it then, the movie was okay but the books are great, esp the first one
even if this were true, the nature of a STT dictates that playing ABC in the early stages is correct. in the later stages, it's good to know the abc plays (i.e. correct push-botting) but also good to have a little creativity.
ok, I'm losing track, who's quitting from this one? Loogie?
I figured I would get at least one pm, well played Wang. The one from FWP I didn't expect
I don't even know who FWP is, but I'm upset that he/she/it (???) stole my thunder.
ok, I'm losing track, who's quitting from this one? Loogie?
Mr.DannyG. Or you.
even if this were true
WTF does that mean?Visit the $30/$50 sngs on Ultimate Bet. I recognize at least 4 names if not more almost every game.