Who Died Today?

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

He's colder than that, now.

When DFW died, Chorozzo made a disrespectful comment, and I slowly willed him into the grave over it. I didn't love Prince less than I loved DFW.

jesus would somebody fucking just die already so we can get a break in the music snobbery here?

Posted Images

What would be the funniest collection to find? There'd be some sort of Geraldo-type set-up for the unveiling of the complete unpublished works of JD Salinger. Live TV, open up the vault, and what? Is it How-To books? Children's books? Trashy romance novels? Comic strips? Sal photoshops?
Dozens of fanatic, sycophantic biographies of HitlerIntrospective monologues about Salinger's depression, low self-esteem and self-diagnosed Social Anxiety Disorder (e.g. "When I woke up this morning I looked in the mirror and realised how completely hideous I am. I can't imagine how my wife bears to look at me every day, but it now seems inevitable that she will leave me for a more desirable man. I will be alone forever, a pathetic hermit, ridiculed by society, reviled by his family" etc etc)A series of fictional novels written from the perspective on an amoebaAn anthology of poetry containing no vowelsGraphic erotica imagining a passionate homosexual relationship between Joseph McCarthy and Dwight D. Eisenhower, entitled "I REALLY like Ike" (e.g. "JOSEPH [CRYING] Call me a Red, Dwighty, I'm your dirty little Commie")

Geraldo: ...and they are opening the vault now. Let's see what we have here. It appears to be a collection of publications from a local University......Wait, there's also a handwritten note from JD himself.... let's see if I can read it....... it reads, "My only regret in life is that I never got to meet two of the guys who wrote articles in these publications"^^ I'd have made it into a cartoon, but it might be "sloppy" and not have same-size panels.

Geraldo: ...and they are opening the vault now. Let's see what we have here. It appears to be a collection of publications from a local University......Wait, there's also a handwritten note from JD himself.... let's see if I can read it....... it reads, "My only regret in life is that I never got to meet two of the guys who wrote articles in these publications"
Funny concept but very poor execution. I can't imagine Salinger saying "two of the guys who wrote articles in these publications", the grammar is just horrid.Shoulda made a cartoon.
What would be the funniest collection to find? There'd be some sort of Geraldo-type set-up for the unveiling of the complete unpublished works of JD Salinger. Live TV, open up the vault, and what? Is it How-To books? Children's books? Trashy romance novels? Comic strips? Sal photoshops?
Scripts he never submitted for The OC would make me giggle.
Catch Her in the RyeCatcher in the Rye 2: Out for Revenge
A series of fictional novels written from the perspective on an amoebaGraphic erotica imagining a passionate homosexual relationship between Joseph McCarthy and Dwight D. Eisenhower, entitled "I REALLY like Ike" (e.g. "JOSEPH [CRYING] Call me a Red, Dwighty, I'm your dirty little Commie")
...and they are opening the vault now. Let's see what we have here. It appears to be a collection of publications from a local University......Wait, there's also a handwritten note from JD himself.... let's see if I can read it....
Scripts he never submitted for The OC would make me giggle.
These are all pretty great.
I don't include you or anyone in this thread, you all obviously have tons of shit going on.
I would just like to say that I am honored to have made your signature. After an honor like that I'm not sure you could offend me if you tried, but thank you for the explanation anyway.

For those who have only seen the movie Field of Dreams, they know the writer that Kinsella takes to his ball park is Terrence Mann.In the original work, the novel Shoeless Joe, the writer is JD Salinger.Meh, not really that interesting, but whatever.

For those who have only seen the movie Field of Dreams, they know the writer that Kinsella takes to his ball park is Terrence Mann.In the original work, the novel Shoeless Joe, the writer is JD Salinger.Meh, not really that interesting, but whatever.
I knew the whole reclusive-writer-I'm-not-who-you-think-I'm-supposed-to-be thing was fresh in my mind; just saw FoD recently. Also just saw Answer Man, which is even more about that.
Also just saw Answer Man.
So you're the one!I've never heard of this movie, so I looked it up and it appears to have made $26,676 total.Also: Finding Forrester, of course.
I always associated the character with the writer and assumed they used Salinger as the basis for the character, but never knew that Salinger actually was the character in the novel. I have thus matched the uninterestingnessality of your post.
hmmmm, I have that but never read it, or noticed that. Interesting.EDIT: The paperback edition says W.P. Kinsela
hmmmm, I have that but never read it, or noticed that. Interesting.EDIT: The paperback edition says W.P. Kinsela
Yes, WP Kinsella wrote Shoeless Joe.However, in the novel, the 'reclusive writer' who Ray goes to visit and kidnaps and takes to a Red Sox game and eventually to Iowa and the Field of Dreams is named JD Salinger. In the book.

hate to see this one go... Deadliest Catch is one of my favorite shows. is sure wont be the same without him.....RIP..