Who Died Today?

So I got to give him a full pass on the reasons he was asking for that money
yeah just like obama threatening to close the base in ben nelson's district if he doesn't go along with the health care bill. as long as it's for the greater good right?FACE
  • Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

He's colder than that, now.

When DFW died, Chorozzo made a disrespectful comment, and I slowly willed him into the grave over it. I didn't love Prince less than I loved DFW.

jesus would somebody fucking just die already so we can get a break in the music snobbery here?

Posted Images

yeah just like obama threatening to close the base in ben nelson's district if he doesn't go along with the health care bill. as long as it's for the greater good right?FACE
This is a valid point. I'm sure most Christian's thought it was foolish of Roberts to say that... but at least it wasn't borderline criminal.
Let's see:Please give me money so I can get doctors into poor countries to help or God will call my homevsI am going to force you to accept a health care plan that may ruin your country and if you don't I will hurt your district and it's people in an act of pure spite.I think the face is on you
Let's see:Please give me money so I can get doctors into poor countries to help or God will call my homevsI am going to force you to accept a health care plan that may ruin your country and if you don't I will hurt your district and it's people in an act of pure spite.
Change "ruin" to "save" and I still think you have an ok argument.Edit: Please note that I don't think the health care plan would save our country or whatever. Just trying to make the comparison fairer.2nd Edit: Fairer? More fair?

It was emotional blackmail of his followers. Whether or not it was for the greater good, it was the wrong tactic. If his goal was so worthy, why not just present the goal and ask openly for support? WWJD, indeed.

It was emotional blackmail of his followers. Whether or not it was for the greater good, it was the wrong tactic. If his goal was so worthy, why not just present the goal and ask openly for support? WWJD, indeed.
It's weird blackmail too."If you don't do this, I'll get called to the place that I would most like to go."The horror!
I will give you that it was pretty dumb way to do it.But I did like a couple non believer friends of mine who got all upset and said: "I hope God does call him home" To which I replied; "Wouldn't that mean he was telling the truth?"
Change "ruin" to "save" and I still think you have an ok argument.Edit: Please note that I don't think the health care plan would save our country or whatever. Just trying to make the comparison fairer.2nd Edit: Fairer? More fair?
I got to go with more fair.I mean fairer? Looks like fairy
Let's see:Please give me money so I can get doctors into poor countries to help or God will call my homevsI am going to force you to accept a health care plan that may ruin your country and if you don't I will hurt your district and it's people in an act of pure spite.
GUESS YOU JUST WANT POOR PEOPLE TO DIE HUHdon't we all?
As Brvheart's link did not say, Roberts will mostly be remembered by the media as the evangelist who said in 1986 that God would "call him home" if he did not raise $8 million.
Which is clearly the best barometer of an individual's personal success.

I always thought Oral Roberts was a small black college with a decent hoops program. Go figure. I don't get to Oklahoma much though.What he said was a bit ridiculous but not ultimately a big deal, imo. If you are brain damaged enough to believe that God will strike down Oral Roberts (who had been punished enough by being given the name Oral) if he does not raise X amount of dollars, then maybe it was better that you gave your money away anyway instead of buying a margaritaville or whatever.

Which is clearly the best barometer of an individual's personal success.
I never said it was.
orelhershiser.jpg
Oh yeah, I forgot. Not that spelling it with an "E" is that much better.
Oh yeah, I forgot. Not that spelling it with an "E" is that much better.
But being nicknamed "Bulldog" and owning the Major League record for consecutive scoreless innings pitched isn't half bad. Also, I'll admit I had to look up the scoreless innings thing to make sure I was correct. But in doing so, I learned something I had absolutely no clue about: Orel Hershiser is now a Poker Stars-sponsored player.
But being nicknamed "Bulldog" and owning the Major League record for consecutive scoreless innings pitched isn't half bad. Also, I'll admit I had to look up the scoreless innings thing to make sure I was correct. But in doing so, I learned something I had absolutely no clue about: Orel Hershiser is now a Poker Stars-sponsored player.
That I knew, even though I could barely tell you what baseball is (other that it involves Derek Jeter's very fine ass).
I always thought Oral Roberts was a small black college with a decent hoops program. Go figure. I don't get to Oklahoma much though.What he said was a bit ridiculous but not ultimately a big deal, imo. If you are brain damaged enough to believe that God will strike down Oral Roberts (who had been punished enough by being given the name Oral) if he does not raise X amount of dollars, then maybe it was better that you gave your money away anyway instead of buying a margaritaville or whatever.
haha

Bengals WR Henry Dies After AccidentAt 6:36 a.m. Thursday, Chris Henry died as a result of his injuries sustained after falling out of the back of a pickup truck Wednesday, during what police described as a domestic dispute with his fiancee.Henry was found in the road about eight miles north of downtown Charlotte, according to Charlotte-Mecklenburg police.Police said a dispute began at a home just before noon and Henry jumped into the bed of the pickup truck as his fiancee -- whom they did not identify by name -- was driving away from the residence."The domestic situation continued between the operator and Mr. Henry," the police said in a statement. "At some point while she was driving, Mr. Henry came out of the back of the vehicle."Henry was found on a residential street about a half mile from the home when police were called to the scene. Fey wouldn't identify the woman and said no charges would be filed Wednesday.Henry is engaged to Loleini Tonga, and the couple has been raising three children. Tonga's MySpace page identifies herself as "Mrs. C. Henry" and has a picture of her next to a person who appears to be Henry. She also has a post from Tuesday talking about buying wedding rings.Neighbor Karen Clanton said the Tonga family lives in the house where the police say the incident began, adding that she didn't witness it and that "they're nice folks."No one answered the door Wednesday night at the two-story home in the modest neighborhood. A limousine was parked in the long driveway, and there were tire tracks on the front lawn.Henry was away from the team after breaking his left forearm during a win over Baltimore on Nov. 8. He had surgery and was placed on season-ending injured reserve following the game. Charlotte is home to his fiancee's parents.

Bengals WR Henry Dies After AccidentAt 6:36 a.m. Thursday, Chris Henry died as a result of his injuries sustained after falling out of the back of a pickup truck Wednesday, during what police described as a domestic dispute with his fiancee.Henry was found in the road about eight miles north of downtown Charlotte, according to Charlotte-Mecklenburg police.Police said a dispute began at a home just before noon and Henry jumped into the bed of the pickup truck as his fiancee -- whom they did not identify by name -- was driving away from the residence."The domestic situation continued between the operator and Mr. Henry," the police said in a statement. "At some point while she was driving, Mr. Henry came out of the back of the vehicle."Henry was found on a residential street about a half mile from the home when police were called to the scene. Fey wouldn't identify the woman and said no charges would be filed Wednesday.Henry is engaged to Loleini Tonga, and the couple has been raising three children. Tonga's MySpace page identifies herself as "Mrs. C. Henry" and has a picture of her next to a person who appears to be Henry. She also has a post from Tuesday talking about buying wedding rings.Neighbor Karen Clanton said the Tonga family lives in the house where the police say the incident began, adding that she didn't witness it and that "they're nice folks."No one answered the door Wednesday night at the two-story home in the modest neighborhood. A limousine was parked in the long driveway, and there were tire tracks on the front lawn.Henry was away from the team after breaking his left forearm during a win over Baltimore on Nov. 8. He had surgery and was placed on season-ending injured reserve following the game. Charlotte is home to his fiancee's parents.
holy shit!