Something Bad Is Gonna Happen To Ap

• Replies 764
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm still not 100 per cent convinced. The only hand I've seen that seems a little out of wack is this:Stage #896976330 Tourney ID 1883389 Holdem Multi Normal Tournament NoLimit $4500 - 2007-09-13 01:43:48 (ET)Table: 14 (Real Money) Seat #3 is the dealerSeat 3 - POTRIPPER ($765740 in chips)Seat 8 - CRAZYMARCO ($214260 in chips)POTRIPPER - Ante $450CRAZYMARCO - Ante $450POTRIPPER - Posts small blind $2250CRAZYMARCO - Posts big blind $4500*** POCKET CARDS ***Dealt to CRAZYMARCO [9h 2h]POTRIPPER - Calls $2250CRAZYMARCO - Checks*** FLOP *** [4h Kd Kh]CRAZYMARCO - ChecksPOTRIPPER - Bets $9000CRAZYMARCO - Calls $9000*** TURN *** [4h Kd Kh] [7s]CRAZYMARCO - ChecksPOTRIPPER - Bets $13500CRAZYMARCO - All-In(Raise) $200310 to $200310POTRIPPER - Calls $186810*** RIVER *** [4h Kd Kh 7s] [5s]*** SHOW DOWN ***POTRIPPER - Shows [10c 9c] (One pair, kings)CRAZYMARCO - Shows [9h 2h] (One pair, kings)POTRIPPER Collects $428520 from main potI've made some great reads in my time. I'm sure we all have. I've called down with K high on an allin on the river for my stack, checked behind a full house on the river when I felt I was beat by quads.Stage #766915467 Tourney ID 60296 Holdem Single Tournament No Limit $20 - 2007-05-31 07:56:17 (ET)Table: 13965428 (Real Money) Seat #6 is the dealerSeat 1 - JJJJA1 ($1030 in chips)Seat 2 - POTATOMAN79 ($1410 in chips)Seat 3 - BETTYBOOP51 ($750 in chips)Seat 4 - 2DEUCES ($2200 in chips)Seat 5 - NIGHTTHING66 ($2500 in chips)Seat 6 - FOURMENZIES ($1280 in chips)Seat 7 - OHIOCITY ($1400 in chips)Seat 8 - NSCRCAB4 ($1840 in chips)Seat 9 - DUASTAR ($1090 in chips)OHIOCITY - Posts small blind $10NSCRCAB4 - Posts big blind $20*** POCKET CARDS ***Dealt to POTATOMAN79 [6d 6c] DUASTAR - FoldsJJJJA1 - Calls $20POTATOMAN79 - Calls $20BETTYBOOP51 - Folds2DEUCES - Calls $20NIGHTTHING66 - FoldsFOURMENZIES - FoldsOHIOCITY - Calls $10NSCRCAB4 - Checks*** FLOP *** [3d 10c 6s]OHIOCITY - ChecksNSCRCAB4 - ChecksJJJJA1 - ChecksPOTATOMAN79 - Checks2DEUCES - Checks*** TURN *** [3d 10c 6s] [3c]OHIOCITY - Bets $60NSCRCAB4 - FoldsJJJJA1 - FoldsPOTATOMAN79 - Calls $602DEUCES - Folds*** RIVER *** [3d 10c 6s 3c] [3h]OHIOCITY - ChecksPOTATOMAN79 - Checks*** SHOW DOWN ***OHIOCITY - Shows [3s 9h] (Four of a kind, threes) POTATOMAN79 - MucksOHIOCITY Collects $220 from main pot*** SUMMARY ***Total Pot($220)Board [3d 10c 6s 3c 3h]Seat 1: JJJJA1 Folded on the TURNSeat 2: POTATOMAN79 HI: [Mucked] [6d 6c] Seat 3: BETTYBOOP51 Folded on the POCKET CARDSSeat 4: 2DEUCES Folded on the TURNSeat 5: NIGHTTHING66 Folded on the POCKET CARDSSeat 6: FOURMENZIES (dealer) Folded on the POCKET CARDSSeat 7: OHIOCITY (small blind) won Total ($220) HI:($220) with Four of a kind, threes [3s 9h - P:3s,B:3h,B:3d,B:3c,B:10c] Seat 8: NSCRCAB4 (big blind) Folded on the TURNSeat 9: DUASTAR Folded on the POCKET CARDSI'm sure if Ohiocity is reading up on this AP stuff he'll think - that potatoman guy must have been able to see my hole cards...Hell, this hand looks pretty suspect compared to some I've seen listed. ...but this 109 call...is kinda nuts. If he had even Q high I could pass it off as a good read from a player with brass balls. When I first saw this hand I was dumbfounded, but if you look closer and try to examine all of the factors involved, it's not an impossible call.Marco's allin reraise, IMO was horrible, but still hard for 10 high to call, but not impossible. He had the chips to make the call, figuring Marco doesn't have a K or a 4(small possibility) or likely a pocket pair. Probably doesn't have an ace either. So it's Q, J, or 10 high or lower. Since the reraise screams, please don't call, my money would be on a flush draw/air. Even still, he could have J9 of total air... So I'm a little skeptical. Like to know if this was a snap call or a 60-120 second call. No other hand I've seen has me shouting smokin' gun, however. I need more evidence. Like what his chip stack progression looked like throughout the tournament. All of his stats while playing on AP. How long did he play on AP. Did his results suddenly change for the better - transfers? etc...I will continue to play on AP for now. It's been home for 3+ years. But if things deteriorate, I could see me moving to FT or UB since the transfer would be easier I would assume. But I'm not too worried yet.

I'm still not 100 per cent convinced. The only hand I've seen that seems a little out of wack is this:I've made some great reads in my time. I'm sure we all have. I've called down with K high on an allin on the river for my stack, checked behind a full house on the river when I felt I was beat by quads.I'm sure if Ohiocity is reading up on this AP stuff he'll think - that potatoman guy must have been able to see my hole cards...Hell, this hand looks pretty suspect compared to some I've seen listed. ...but this 109 call...is kinda nuts. If he had even Q high I could pass it off as a good read from a player with brass balls. When I first saw this hand I was dumbfounded, but if you look closer and try to examine all of the factors involved, it's not an impossible call.Marco's allin reraise, IMO was horrible, but still hard for 10 high to call, but not impossible. He had the chips to make the call, figuring Marco doesn't have a K or a 4(small possibility) or likely a pocket pair. Probably doesn't have an ace either. So it's Q, J, or 10 high or lower. Since the reraise screams, please don't call, my money would be on a flush draw/air. Even still, he could have J9 of total air... So I'm a little skeptical. Like to know if this was a snap call or a 60-120 second call. No other hand I've seen has me shouting smokin' gun, however. I need more evidence. Like what his chip stack progression looked like throughout the tournament. All of his stats while playing on AP. How long did he play on AP. Did his results suddenly change for the better - transfers? etc...I will continue to play on AP for now. It's been home for 3+ years. But if things deteriorate, I could see me moving to FT or UB since the transfer would be easier I would assume. But I'm not too worried yet.
LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL. Honestly, how many of the best online poker players in the world have to say 100% he could see the hole cards before everyone stops doubting it? The people doing this research on 2+2 are literally the best players out there.I am really tired of everyone saying "well, look at this" or "he was just a crazy maniac". It is IMPOSSIBLE to play 95% of the hands and make the correct decision EVERY SINGLE TIME. IMPOSSIBLE!!!! So seriously, everyone just stop. He could see the hole cards. And showing one hand where you folded a big hand because you had a read is not what this is about. This is about an entire tourney of hands showing over and over again. And besides this specific tourney, the same shit was happening in cash games. So just stop.
LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL. Honestly, how many of the best online poker players in the world have to say 100% he could see the hole cards before everyone stops doubting it? The people doing this research on 2+2 are literally the best players out there.I am really tired of everyone saying "well, look at this" or "he was just a crazy maniac". It is IMPOSSIBLE to play 95% of the hands and make the correct decision EVERY SINGLE TIME. IMPOSSIBLE!!!! So seriously, everyone just stop. He could see the hole cards. And showing one hand where you folded a big hand because you had a read is not what this is about. This is about an entire tourney of hands showing over and over again. And besides this specific tourney, the same shit was happening in cash games. So just stop.
Personally I think the amount of flops he saw is the most damning statistic. Obviously, in combination with the hhs that we have seen (calling all ins with T high, coming over the top of a bet and a raise with Q high, etc) anyone who argues that he did not have access to everyone's hole cards is a complete moron. End of.
I understand the feeling, but I think a healthy skepticism is ok. As the saying goes, extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof. This is perhaps the most extraordinary claim that could be made against a poker site, so I'm inclined to take the extra effort to be sure myself before jumping to a conclusion based on what others have said, no matter how reputable they may be. That said, I am leaning pretty heavily toward believing it's true at this point.
I'm still not 100 per cent convinced. The only hand I've seen that seems a little out of wack is this:Stage #896976330 Tourney ID 1883389 Holdem Multi Normal Tournament NoLimit $4500 - 2007-09-13 01:43:48 (ET)Table: 14 (Real Money) Seat #3 is the dealerSeat 3 - POTRIPPER ($765740 in chips)Seat 8 - CRAZYMARCO ($214260 in chips)POTRIPPER - Ante $450CRAZYMARCO - Ante $450POTRIPPER - Posts small blind $2250CRAZYMARCO - Posts big blind $4500*** POCKET CARDS ***Dealt to CRAZYMARCO [9h 2h]POTRIPPER - Calls $2250CRAZYMARCO - Checks*** FLOP *** [4h Kd Kh]CRAZYMARCO - ChecksPOTRIPPER - Bets $9000CRAZYMARCO - Calls $9000*** TURN *** [4h Kd Kh] [7s]CRAZYMARCO - ChecksPOTRIPPER - Bets $13500CRAZYMARCO - All-In(Raise) $200310 to $200310POTRIPPER - Calls $186810*** RIVER *** [4h Kd Kh 7s] [5s]*** SHOW DOWN ***POTRIPPER - Shows [10c 9c] (One pair, kings)CRAZYMARCO - Shows [9h 2h] (One pair, kings)POTRIPPER Collects $428520 from main potI've made some great reads in my time. I'm sure we all have. I've called down with K high on an allin on the river for my stack, checked behind a full house on the river when I felt I was beat by quads.I'm sure if Ohiocity is reading up on this AP stuff he'll think - that potatoman guy must have been able to see my hole cards...Hell, this hand looks pretty suspect compared to some I've seen listed. ...but this 109 call...is kinda nuts. If he had even Q high I could pass it off as a good read from a player with brass balls. When I first saw this hand I was dumbfounded, but if you look closer and try to examine all of the factors involved, it's not an impossible call.Marco's allin reraise, IMO was horrible, but still hard for 10 high to call, but not impossible. He had the chips to make the call, figuring Marco doesn't have a K or a 4(small possibility) or likely a pocket pair. Probably doesn't have an ace either. So it's Q, J, or 10 high or lower. Since the reraise screams, please don't call, my money would be on a flush draw/air. Even still, he could have J9 of total air... So I'm a little skeptical. Like to know if this was a snap call or a 60-120 second call. No other hand I've seen has me shouting smokin' gun, however. I need more evidence. Like what his chip stack progression looked like throughout the tournament. All of his stats while playing on AP. How long did he play on AP. Did his results suddenly change for the better - transfers? etc...I will continue to play on AP for now. It's been home for 3+ years. But if things deteriorate, I could see me moving to FT or UB since the transfer would be easier I would assume. But I'm not too worried yet.
This is the worst post in the history of FCP.
why
Because it is a post that tries to talk about knowing something about poker when it is obvious he is pretty clueless about poker.

Marco's allin reraise, IMO was horrible, but still hard for 10 high to call, but not impossible. He had the chips to make the call, figuring Marco doesn't have a K or a 4(small possibility) or likely a pocket pair. Probably doesn't have an ace either. So it's Q, J, or 10 high or lower. Since the reraise screams, please don't call, my money would be on a flush draw/air. Even still, he could have J9 of total air... So I'm a little skeptical. Like to know if this was a snap call or a 60-120 second call. No other hand I've seen has me shouting smokin' gun, however. LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

I'm still not 100 per cent convinced. The only hand I've seen that seems a little out of wack is this:I'm sure if Ohiocity is reading up on this AP stuff he'll think - that potatoman guy must have been able to see my hole cards...Hell, this hand looks pretty suspect compared to some I've seen listed. ...but this 109 call...is kinda nuts. If he had even Q high I could pass it off as a good read from a player with brass balls. When I first saw this hand I was dumbfounded, but if you look closer and try to examine all of the factors involved, it's not an impossible call.Marco's allin reraise, IMO was horrible, but still hard for 10 high to call, but not impossible. He had the chips to make the call, figuring Marco doesn't have a K or a 4(small possibility) or likely a pocket pair. Probably doesn't have an ace either. So it's Q, J, or 10 high or lower. Since the reraise screams, please don't call, my money would be on a flush draw/air. Even still, he could have J9 of total air... So I'm a little skeptical. Like to know if this was a snap call or a 60-120 second call. No other hand I've seen has me shouting smokin' gun, however. I need more evidence. Like what his chip stack progression looked like throughout the tournament. All of his stats while playing on AP. How long did he play on AP. Did his results suddenly change for the better - transfers? etc...I will continue to play on AP for now. It's been home for 3+ years. But if things deteriorate, I could see me moving to FT or UB since the transfer would be easier I would assume. But I'm not too worried yet.
I don't mean to dogpile here- I'm not really much one to kick a man when he's down, but really, that was some horrendous reasoning there.
Marco's allin reraise, IMO was horrible, but still hard for 10 high to call, but not impossible. He had the chips to make the call, figuring Marco doesn't have a K or a 4(small possibility) or likely a pocket pair. Probably doesn't have an ace either. So it's Q, J, or 10 high or lower. Since the reraise screams, please don't call, my money would be on a flush draw/air. Even still, he could have J9 of total air... So I'm a little skeptical. Like to know if this was a snap call or a 60-120 second call. No other hand I've seen has me shouting smokin' gun, however. LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL
Go study...no poker for you.
I am really surprised at Zach's take, and after Absolute dies a deserved death, I hope Zach can come back in a year and reassess his posts here. There's just a simple rebuttal, two words: naturalistic fallacy.As for that ban from Imperial Palace avatar, could you kindly provide links to this possibly amusing story? Zach?
Clearly at the time, I was unaware of the hand histories that had leaked, or the IP thing.I still think everyone on the internet overreacts about a billion times too much. Also, I don't know if we can always trust the source of these "facts" and damning evidence.Furthermore, one person working for AP being an insider does not make me lose my confidence in the entire company. I'm confident AP can, and will move past this incident without having to shut down. I'm also confident this won't happen again, or at the very least, won't affect me.I have no problem if everyone who reads poker forums freaks out and withdraws their money. They are not my concern.**********As for the Imperial Palace story:Original post about itandNaismith explains it allI'm not really banned, but it makes it sound funnier, btw.
BFT!How can anyone not think he couldn't see every hand. It is so apparent. I can't believe that this many people are saying, I need more proof or I don't see it.
I'm still not 100 per cent convinced. The only hand I've seen that seems a little out of wack is this:
maybe cause you obviously just skipped to the end. i looked at every HH and i think that at least 95% of his hands are shady.
Pokerxfactor hand history animation of potripper now available:http://www.pokerxfactor.com/HA90370/2_20071014_190711/2Out of 130 hands, he wins 43, or 33% of them.
lol, it only takes about 5 hands before you realize he can def. see all the cards.Also, we have a much bigger problem. POTR0AST can see the river cards. See hand 67/130.
sux that all this is going down when i make my first ft of the month playing on AP. I really hope the site doesn't go down since my win rate on AP is better than anywhere else
Obv cheater. Ban.;)Mark