Something Bad Is Gonna Happen To Ap

• Replies 764
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why on earth would you expect that? Does Full Tilt disclose it's procedures for catching multi accounters and bots?
No, but they refund money. HOW ON EARTH DO YOU GUYS NOT UNDERSTAND THIS PART??? People were robbed by AP's software and to "save face" they are doing nothing about it because that would force them to admit they were compromised. Seriously, you guys are smart guys but really, WTF??????
Approximately how many high stakes AP players have to post about how much money they lost to these accounts without a refund before you stop saying that "they handled it"? Who cares about a public statement, where is their money?
These are all old instances(or the same time frame) that are just resurfacing as people investigate further, AFAIK..Am I wrong?
Approximately how many high stakes AP players have to post about how much money they lost to these accounts without a refund before you stop saying that "they handled it"? Who cares about a public statement, where is their money?
Now this is a fair rebuttal.I'm not sure about this. I can only assume they've confiscated the funds from the superusers, but I obviously can't make a guess as to what they would do with that money. Maybe that's why they keep giving me more reloads :club:.Seriously though, this is at least the first valid rebuttal I've seen in this thread.However, I don't know if anyone has gotten money transfered back to them, or if AP is in the process of calculating it, or whatever. I trust they'd do the right thing, but I wouldn't be 100% confident in that, by any means.I'd be interested, in a few months, to see if anyone has gotten reimbursed from the cheating.
No, but they refund money. HOW ON EARTH DO YOU GUYS NOT UNDERSTAND THIS PART??? People were robbed by AP's software and to "save face" they are doing nothing about it because that would force them to admit they were compromised. Seriously, you guys are smart guys but really, WTF??????
You're comparing apples and oranges. He said he was disappointed they didn't come forward with how they're tracking these people down. I said that's silly. Has nothing to do with refunding money or penalizing cheaters, just the way in which they investigated.
These are all old instances(or the same time frame) that are just resurfacing as people investigate further, AFAIK..Am I wrong?
Now this is a fair rebuttal.I'm not sure about this. I can only assume they've confiscated the funds from the superusers, but I obviously can't make a guess as to what they would do with that money. Maybe that's why they keep giving me more reloads :club:.Seriously though, this is at least the first valid rebuttal I've seen in this thread.However, I don't know if anyone has gotten money transfered back to them, or if AP is in the process of calculating it, or whatever. I trust they'd do the right thing, but I wouldn't be 100% confident in that, by any means.I'd be interested, in a few months, to see if anyone has gotten reimbursed from the cheating.
Read the first post in the thread I linked from Pocket 5's.
You're comparing apples and oranges. He said he was disappointed they didn't come forward with how they're tracking these people down. I said that's silly. Has nothing to do with refunding money or penalizing cheaters, just the way in which they investigated.
Okay but:1. We know people were cheated.2. We know people have not been refunded nor are there any plans to because AP says there was not a problem. How can they possibly refund money if they have not admitted their was cheating?3. AP didn't have to ****ing investigate anything. The only reason this came about is because high stakes players investigated themselves, posted all the evidence you need and AP still acquitted. AP's crack investigation crew did nothing.
I skimmed it.. But, that post is exactly the problem. He waited forever to point out the cheating.. That money is probably loooooong gone off AP..and if you think AP's gonna reimburse the losses out of their own pocket, you're crazy.
I honestly don't understand how to read threads at P5s, but whatever. I don't see anything in this thread I didn't already know.I'm just saying, an investigation could take a few months.In a few months, if nobody has been reissued some cashola, then I could start to feel uncomfortable.I dunno. For me, at my level, this isn't a big deal.I started reading Ace on the River today, and Barry told me I don't have to win every argument, so I'll be mostly done with this thread.I hope AP does come through and reimburse the money.
Okay but:1. We know people were cheated.2. We know people have not been refunded nor are there any plans to because AP says there was not a problem. How can they possibly refund money if they have not admitted their was cheating?3. AP didn't have to ****ing investigate anything. The only reason this came about is because high stakes players investigated themselves, posted all the evidence you need and AP still acquitted. AP's crack investigation crew did nothing.
I totally get your points, RDog..and if I were someone playing 30/60 LHE or 10/20 NLHE and the big buyins, I would pull my roll off AP. But if I'm playing 3/6 and 20 dollar tournements, I'm not worrying about it. Flat out, plain and simple. I don't know why that attitude is so shocking to you.

To me it's not the fact they are not reimbursing it as the way they are going about it, as though they have no intention of reimbursing it, which they apparently don't, because they are saying there was no issue.

I skimmed it.. But, that post is exactly the problem. He waited forever to point out the cheating.. That money is probably loooooong gone off AP..and if you think AP's gonna reimburse the losses out of their own pocket, you're crazy.
Everyone was waiting for AP to have their crack investigation team conclude their investigation and I am guessing assuming they would get money reimbursed once that was done. AP's public statement that they weren't compromised came out yesterday. How exactly did he wait forever to point it out? He wrongly assumed AP would do the right thing. And yes, AP's ****ed up software allowed the intrusion, they should pay the offended with their own money.
You talked about competition earlier, how is how this situation would be handled by Stars irrelevant?
1. You don't know that AP has done nothing/will do nothing.2. Still wasn't what we were talking about as far as AP coming out and screaming from the rooftops what they did/didn't do to find/ban/penalize/freeze funds of the cheaters. 3. Suspected collusion and a program malfunction would be handled completely differently. 4. I think my list looked small with just three.

OK whatever, I'm done because RDOG is saying everything before I say it anyway and saying it a lot better too. Thanks for making me look slow and retarded. I'll go to sleep now.

Everyone was waiting for AP to have their crack investigation team conclude their investigation and I am guessing assuming they would get money reimbursed once that was done. AP's public statement that they weren't compromised came out yesterday. How exactly did he wait forever to point it out? He wrongly assumed AP would do the right thing. And yes, AP's ****ed up software allowed the intrusion, they should pay the offended with their own money.
Then I guess I'm just waaay off because I thought it'd had been weeks and months since Potripper/DoubleDrag/Anyofthose had played on AP. If he's waiting to post that until today, he's never going to get his money.
I hope AP does come through and reimburse the money.
Do you see that they have to admit wrongdoing before we can even get to this point? Yesterday they issued a public statement saying there was nothing wrong. You can't get from point A to point C without point B.
1. Yes.2. It's called sweeping it under the rug, and handling things behind closed doors. Stuff will come out if it happens, but AP not making a public admission of the cheating is completely irrelevant to whether or not they will reimburse people who were scammed.3. Dude. I can't imagine how you'd expect AP to pick up on this on their own. The only way people like this are ever caught is because of people who suspect something either contact the site to prompt an investigation, or investigate it themselves. Major sites can't possibly examine every single HH to see if there's a pattern of collusion or scamming without at least something to prompt the investigation.
. Major sites can't possibly examine every single HH to see if there's a pattern of collusion or scamming without at least something to prompt the investigation.
ok but they said they went over all the HH and still found nothing wrong no cheating/collusion ?
Do you see that they have to admit wrongdoing before we can even get to this point? Yesterday they issued a public statement saying there was nothing wrong. You can't get from point A to point C without point B.
I kinda think you can, without it being an explicit statement. I mean, reimbursing money could be implying certain things, but it doesn't have to affect the public image of AP by admitting anything.When I say public, I don't mean something leaked onto 2p2. I mean something that people who visit the AP website will see. The fish.
3. Dude. I can't imagine how you'd expect AP to pick up on this on their own. The only way people like this are ever caught is because of people who suspect something either contact the site to prompt an investigation, or investigate it themselves. Major sites can't possibly examine every single HH to see if there's a pattern of collusion or scamming without at least something to prompt the investigation.
Do you see the difference between collusion and a bug in their software that allows someone to see their hole cards. Big difference. I expect AP to fix a problem that was created by their lack of security. It is silly to think they should not. If my bank gets robbed because they failed to lock the doors, does that mean I am just out of my money?
ok but they said they went over all the HH and still found nothing wrong no cheating/collusion ?
"Yes, rampant cheating and flaws in our software were found. All better now though! Come on back!"
Do you see the difference between collusion and a bug in their software that allows someone to see their hole cards. Big difference. I expect AP to fix a problem that was created by their lack of security. It is silly to think they should not. If my bank gets robbed because they failed to lock the doors, does that mean I am just out of my money?
Not if you're insured by FDIC, obv.Honestly, RDog, I do understand your sentiment and if I were to put money online, AP wouldn't be my first choice. But if I were comfortable playing there, profiting well and had the kind of customer service that Zach is getting, I wouldn't leave either. In the end, it's the same thing I've always said when people say that Stars is rigged. If you're not comfortable playing there, don't play there. Plain and simple.