Something Bad Is Gonna Happen To Ap

Isn't this in fact the SECOND set of evidence that something like this was happening?Seems that the stuff WacoKid is talking about is recent (last few days maybe?) and a seperate incident from the stuff about a month ago.Myself........I only have $30 on there and can't remove it until I have $50. But if we're gonna hear this type story once a month, I'm afraid they'll just lock the doors and close business.

• Replies 764
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I sort of agree with Zach here as long as the super account users push off the good players and keep the billion idiots at the site and keep accomodating to the micro-limit/ medium limit player I'm staying. Also STars is rigged.

I strongly disagree that the sky is falling for AP.How many of you actually play there?I'm just saying, nothing has changed since this incident. I play there everyday.In fact, I see more new people now, even at the higher limits... an FCPer, for example recently started playing 30/60 and 50/100 there.AP is offering more reloads than they every have. The bonus clears faster than it ever did. The ARPs are worth a ridiculous amount.I just don't understand what is wrong with it.How many of you guys have a VIP phone line you can call when you have questions about FTP or Stars?I really have no idea why I feel the need to defend AP so much. Frankly, it'd definitely be best for me if all the good players did pull their money off the site.I guess I'm just an idiot.
I really dont mean to be picking on you but.....uh whats wrong with it?
I guess I'm just an idiot.
That's neither here nor there!!!I think the point Rdog is making is....How can u trust a site that....A. Had an obvious breech of their security system.B. Lied and told everyone that they in fact have "no access to hole cards"C. Crazy Marco and Co. have the HH of the ENTIRE FRIGGEN FIELD INCLUDING EVERYONES HOLE CARDS!!!! Thus proving AP LIED to it's customers.I don't doubt u know more about the site Zach than the rest of us. I just don't know how u can feel safe knowing there was a superuser acct and that AP not only tried to sweep it under the rug...but they LIED to it's customer base about what access to HH's they have. I still <3 u and Rdiggity....in a manly way obv!!!
C. Crazy Marco and Co. have the HH of the ENTIRE FRIGGEN FIELD INCLUDING EVERYONES HOLE CARDS!!!! Thus proving AP LIED to it's customers.
Not to mention it is BEYOND HORRID that they sent ALL HOLE CARDS for an entire tourney out to Marco. Even leaving out the significance of PotRipper. Some of those players should be pretty infuriated that someone could replay their whole tourney.I could really care less if Zach, etc., continue to play there, I just don't like the continued "defense" of AP because........they have a good bonus program and they give you a phone number to call. Seems pretty trivial in the big scheme of things.I have never played at AP and never will but I am really irritated that with all the crap that online poker has been through over the last couple of years that a company would be so inept at running their business that something like this would happen and be handled in the way it has.

I am going to post this link just point out another ethical issue here that AP has just swept under the rug because they don't have the slightest clue how to deal with anything.http://www.pocketfives.com/6AC42910-202F-4...B462942095.aspxThere are tons of players out there that have been ROBBED. AP is complicit in the crime since they know it to be true and are doing nothing to remedy the crime.

Not to mention it is BEYOND HORRID that they sent ALL HOLE CARDS for an entire tourney out to Marco. Even leaving out the significance of PotRipper. Some of those players should be pretty infuriated that someone could replay their whole tourney.
Yeah I left that out. It's nice to know that if I compete in a 1k online event (which is the live equvalent of a 10k), there is a chance that my opponents get to see EXACTLY how I play...oh and like 500-1000 others just like me....just sik mismanagement.
What is everyone's thoughts on whether or not this is exclusive to AP. I for one have some doubts.
What this does is finally issue a firm kick in the jaw to the blissfully ignorant retards who insisted that super-user accounts or other program crack type cheating methods "WASN'T POSSIBLE" citing a number of their own bullshit, rationalizing, logic-free "reasons". It always has been "possible" even though some people refused to believe it. When this whole thing broke, it went from being "possible" to "likely".Apparently, it's now gone from being "likely" to "a reality". But it doesn't matter. People love online poker and as long as they love it, they will tell themselves that everything is OK.
I'm with Zach on this one. But, I don't have any money on line, so, there you are.
What exactly does that mean? Like I said, I could care less who continues to play there but to pass off bonuses and a VIP phone number as great customer service in light of everything that has gone on here is ludicrous.
What exactly does that mean? Like I said, I could care less who continues to play there but to pass off bonuses and a VIP phone number as great customer service in light of everything that has gone here is ludicrous.
I look at it like this. At my B&M, if there's collusion in the 5/10 PLO game, I'm not gonna stop playing 2/5 NLHE.
I look at it like this. At my B&M, if there's collusion in the 5/10 PLO game, I'm not gonna stop playing 2/5 NLHE.
What if your B&M KNEW there was collusion at 5/10 PLO and did nothing about it?
Is it stopping me from making money or causing me to make less money? If not, then, I don't see the problem. If (terrible) players stopped coming to my B&M to play the 2/5 NL game because they'd heard about collusion in the 5/10 PLO game, then yes. But Zach has said that is not the case.
Is it stopping me from making money or causing me to make less money? If not, then, I don't see the problem. If (terrible) players stopped coming to my B&M to play the 2/5 NL game because they'd heard about collusion in the 5/10 PLO game, then yes. But Zach has said that is not the case.
I guess the part that confuses me to no end is how anyone can be so trusting with their money to a company that has proven numerous times to be shady as hell?
I guess the part that confuses me to no end is how anyone can be so trusting with their money to a company that has proven numerous times to be shady as hell?
I mean..don't get me wrong..I've never played on AP, I've never deposited/withdrawaled from AP..so, I guess if there was something in that process that caused me concern about my money then I would be worried. But, I've never heard more about AP cashout problems than I have any other web site..so, I guess I wouldn't tend to worry about that.
I think the point is if they do nothing about the collusion in the 5/10 PLO game, you can expect them to do nothing should collusion arise in your 2/5 NL game. Not a very safe feeling.
I think the point is if they do nothing about the collusion in the 5/10 PLO game, you can expect them to do nothing should collusion arise in your 2/5 NL game. Not a very safe feeling.
Right..at which point I'd stop playing there. Until then, as long as I feel *my* game and limits are safe/secure..why not play?That's kinda the beauty of Capitalism..always more than one option.
That's neither here nor there!!!I think the point Rdog is making is....How can u trust a site that....A. Had an obvious breech of their security system.B. Lied and told everyone that they in fact have "no access to hole cards"C. Crazy Marco and Co. have the HH of the ENTIRE FRIGGEN FIELD INCLUDING EVERYONES HOLE CARDS!!!! Thus proving AP LIED to it's customers.I don't doubt u know more about the site Zach than the rest of us. I just don't know how u can feel safe knowing there was a superuser acct and that AP not only tried to sweep it under the rug...but they LIED to it's customer base about what access to HH's they have. I still <3 u and Rdiggity....in a manly way obv!!!
Basically, here's the way I see things.They were breeched. Yes. This is a problem, no doubt about it. I don't believe AP had anything to do with it though, and I strongly believe they did what they had to do, to shut it down once they were informed. I, of course, do not have facts to back this up, but I don't think it's necessarily just blind faith. This is essentially an opinion, so I won't touch on it again, because you guys are certainly entitled to think what you'd like.I heard about them saying that they had no access to hole cards, but I think it's incredibly naive for anyone to think that. I assume it was a desperate attempt to cover their ass for the breech. I mean, if I can an HH with my hole cards, and my opponent can see an HH with their hole cards, AP can see all of the hole cards. I don't know any of the details of what they claimed beyond that. Like I said, I could care less to read a 2,000 page 2p2 post. Actually, it wouldn't suprise me if this was just one incompetent support rep, but like I said, I haven't read the threads.Finally, as I've said a million times, I'm completely content with AP sweeping this under the rug, for a few reasons.First and foremost, they want to save their company. I don't know if this getting out, or them admitting it would necessarily be the end of their company, but it could definitely hurt their profits. It's a simple business decision. I can't imagine why people would expect them to make a public statement about this.Secondly, and I guess this is the same as one, but I said I had a few reasons, lol, but I'm happy with them sweeping this under the rug so that the fish stay. The fish don't know. The fish don't read 2p2 or p5s. The sharks do. The annoying TAGs do. If they want to pull out, go nuts. Please. If they make a public statement, maybe it surfaces on their website, and joe schmoe decides to deposit at Full Tilt instead.I kinda got sidetracked halfway through this, so I may have missed something, but whatever, lol.I think I've made my points. It's 100% understandable ifyou don't agree. I'm not asking anyone to agree with me, I'm just explaining why I personally feel comfortable leaving my entire roll on the site.
Just because AP isn't issuing a public statement about it, does not mean they are doing nothing about it man. That's my point. You have to understand why a public statement would be so damaging. They lock it up, sweep it under the rug as much as possible, do what they can to ensure it doesn't happen again, and hope everyone forgets.It's not like they're sitting there defending the people who did it.

i'm pretty sure i'll pull the rest of my money off absolute. i really, REALLY expected them to be more forthcoming in how they dealt with this. something like, "we have tracked down the programmer that backdoored the recent upgrades. this is his name and address. let's have a bounty 'tourney'."companies/sites that hold large sums of money in trust for their users simply must be more transparently accountable. absolute has done... absolutely nothing.then again, my roll on there isn't going to break their bank. and i didn't play in zach's games so he still has nothing to worry about.

Just because AP isn't issuing a public statement about it, does not mean they are doing nothing about it man. That's my point. You have to understand why a public statement would be so damaging. They lock it up, sweep it under the rug as much as possible, do what they can to ensure it doesn't happen again, and hope everyone forgets.It's not like they're sitting there defending the people who did it.
Approximately how many high stakes AP players have to post about how much money they lost to these accounts without a refund before you stop saying that "they handled it"? Who cares about a public statement, where is their money?