Something Bad Is Gonna Happen To Ap

• Replies 764
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm just curious, and am by no means defending UB here, but do you think there are no bots on Stars/FTP?
I actually thought someone would bring this up. That isn't really my issue. My issue is how they deal with it. There are more than a few threads on P5's where people have said over and over that there are bots on UB and nothing is being done, responded to, addressed, etc. The "winholdem" site where I guess these bots are coming from specifically says that Stars searches for that program and will ban you so if they are bots, it is unlikely it is coming from this site that seems to be pumping out all these bots. It also says UB is perfectly fine to use bots because they won't look for or find the program.
proactive vs reactive.
Actually, this gives them too much credit. I have had experience with UB customer service so on this I can speak first hand and not just go by what I read. I believe the word that best describes them is a new word.....noactive.
Actually, this gives them too much credit. I have had experience with UB customer service so on this I can speak first hand and not just go by what I read. I believe the word that best describes them is a new word.....noactive.
uh, inactive?
What am I right about?I didn't follow your posts...
Hey, what are you right about?You're an admin, I gotta be nice to you. I get enough crap for shedding any light around here.Just google naturalistic fallacy and you'll see soon enough.BTW, I have now mentioned 3 times at this forum about a reasonable pair of live players at my Rama NL $1/2 game calmly telling the table about PS having shown all hole cards for at least 5-10 minutes in a live table (tourney or cash, I can't remember, I think it was tourney) and it was NOT A REPLAY, i.e. these players seemed extremely aware when we raised that possibility, that it was NOT a replay, but a live, real-time, nonplay table... not that this has anything directly to do with the OT, the only commonality is exposed cards, suggesting software design flaws. Lol, I could say it 30 times, no one will mistrust PS and no one will care.BTW, I have no beef with PS ... yet another reasonable guy (mid twenties, calm, chatted at Brantford during ring game) told me he was denied that his opening deposit ever existed or was received at PS a few years ago, something like $300. Errors like this can happen, so it really is no knock on PS.
On AP or elsewhere?
On AP. It usually starts with the fish making a comment lafter losing a hand, like, "OMG, I can't win here, AP is so rigged." Then Mr Expert chimes in with "Well, it is rigged, haven't you heard ? Go to 2+2. One of the owners was caught by his pokertracker stats." Fish....."What's pokertracker, what's 2+2."
On AP. It usually starts with the fish making a comment lafter losing a hand, like, "OMG, I can't win here, AP is so rigged." Then Mr Expert chimes in with "Well, it is rigged, haven't you heard ? Go to 2+2. One of the owners was caught by his pokertracker stats." Fish....."What's pokertracker, what's 2+2."
Sorry, but I am glad people are warning people on AP.
I'm taking the silence to mean you still play on AP? If thats the case, you get no sympathy whatsoever no matter what, though your point about resources is normally a valid one.If you're not playing on AP and just didn't respond for w/e reason, then yeah, people could and should point it out without saying pokertracker, etc.
Had a few bad pain days, so I just didn't get to see this thread. I did take most of my money off AP when all of this hit. I did leave a few bucks on ( because I still wanted to play, don't have much money on other sites now, and don't know when I'll be able to get to the store for another moneygram) and have been playing micros since.I absolutely agree that if AP goes under, I deserve to lose what's left there for not taking it all off.I'm really torn about continuing to play there. I think if a lot of players stop playing there, it goes towards teaching AP and other sites, that players will not tolerate being lied to/having our concerns not listened to. I should stop playing there based on that principle. Add to that, if I make another deposit to get a reload bonus, I will have to worry about my money being safe. My totally self serving reason for staying there is.......I'm not that good at poker. I admit that reload bonuses and rakeback add up to more profit than I am making in bb/hr from my actual play. I'm disabled and get work a real job right now, so bringing in a few extra bucks per month is helping with household expenses. Yes, the principle of the thing should matter more. I admit I'm selling out. I'm on the hell express. But didn't I do a good job of rationalizing there ?
  • 2 weeks later...
ABSOLUTE POKER ISSUES INTERIM STATEMENT ON SECURITY BREACH(NOVEMBER 8, 2007) --- Absolute Poker (AP) issued the following statement todaywith respect to its on-going internal investigation of the recent security breach in itssystem.“As Former Grand Chief Joe Norton, the 100% owner of AP, previously stated, AbsolutePoker will, when appropriate, issue periodic updates concerning the recent securitybreach in its system. Because the Kahnawake Gaming Commission’s (KGC’s)investigation is on-going, the information provided in this interim statement is subject tothe completion of the final KCG inquiry. Gaming Associates (GA) is in the process ofauditing AP’s systems as part of the KGC inquiry. AP continues to cooperate fully withthese investigations.“First and foremost, we would like to assure our players, once again, that the securitybreach, which resulted in unfair play, was resolved immediately after it was discoveredand confirmed, and AP’s sites are absolutely secure.“At this point, all players known to have been adversely impacted by the security breachhave been fully reimbursed with interest. The amount that was illicitly ‘won’ by theillegitimate accounts was approximately US$800,000. The amount reimbursed to playersby AP as a result of the security breach was approximately US$1,600,000.“Thus far, our internal audit has uncovered the following additional information:• “The known period of unfair playing was approximately 40 days in length,beginning on 14 August 2007.• “A known perpetrator was immediately terminated upon discovery of the schemeand no longer has access to AP. AP’s internal investigation continues.• “The system breach was the result of a recent internal software release impactinginternal reporting. The breach was exploitable only by an authorized AP personthat manipulated the internal reporting software, together with the AP gamingsoftware. The security breach was not, therefore, the result of an external action,and no individual outside AP could exploit the breach.• “There is no evidence of the current or past existence of a “super-user” account.There is no player account in the AP system with the ability to see other players’hole cards.• “The names of the accounts known to have cheated are: potripper, graycat,steamroller, doubledrag, payup, supercard55, and romnaldo. These accounts havebeen closed. All players that played hands and lost funds during the period inquestion, against these accounts have received refunds, plus interest, for the netamounts lost.• “All accounts associated with the perpetrating accounts are under investigation. Ifany other accounts are deemed to have engaged in illicit activities, AP will refundall affected players in the same manner.• “AP can confirm that not every hand played by the perpetrating accounts duringthe said period was compromised by the tool enabling the unfair advantage.Nonetheless, AP has refunded players for the net loss resulting from every handplayed against the perpetrating accounts during the affected period.• “All hand histories with respect to the affected period were retained by AP andwere made available to both the Kahnawake Gaming Commission and the internalauditor for detailed review.• “All registered accounts in the AP database are under investigation to ensure thatthere are no other compromised accounts with links or associations to the closedaccounts. If the on-going investigation determines that there are any furtheraccounts that were used in connection with the unfair play, all affected playerswill be reimbursed in full, with interest.“AP regrets the damage that has been done to its players and to its own reputation by thisincident. We are absolutely focused on doing the right thing for our loyal customers,employees, consultants, and business partners, and we will continue to work with theKGC and Gaming Associates to bring this incident into the full light of day and to rightany wrongs done to innocent victims of this unfair play.“Currently, thousands of people are playing on AP both for real money and for free. APis a safe, secure and fun place to play poker.”
So several weeks and AP Press Releases later, what is the net result?Sadly, not much.AP still exists and continues to stonewall any outside organization involvement.On-Line Forums other than 2+2 are relatively quiet on the subject.I for the life of me cannot understand how anyone who knew of this "scandal" could continue to play on that site, especially in light of their Press Releases and pathetic "Investigation" into the situation.
I for the life of me cannot understand how anyone who knew of this "scandal" could continue to play on that site, especially in light of their Press Releases and pathetic "Investigation" into the situation.
I think Zach's posts in this thread are a pretty good summary of why people still play on AP.>$1k in reload bonuses every monthrakebackvip benefitslevel of play reminiscent of Party in it's hay day.just to name a few.For some people those are good enough reasons to remain at AP.