Something Bad Is Gonna Happen To Ap

Another shocking development in a story that doesn't seem to end....I would like to know, though, what it means when they say the 363 account was "traced to an email account". Because if they have an account like that, and several people know the password, it might make sense to just assign it to some supervisor's email address. So if the 363 account was hijacked, it doesn't mean that supervisor (i.e., the CEO) was the one using it, just that it is assigned to him.But if it means that the IP address of the 363 account *at the time the cheating occurred* was the CEO's home machine, then it's case closed, nail him to the wall.I am sure the other poker sites are investigating if this could happen at their site as we speak, and putting additional safeguards in place, while Absolute stalls and evades.

• Replies 764
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In all honesty that doesnt prove much
Wait, huh? They traced his email back to him. They traced his IP back to him. It's an inside job. You want a written confession?
Heh, yeah that is an important detail...In regards to his motivation (job, ub merger etc), that is pure speculation, but makes sense to me. I don't see why someone would do something like this (besides greed obv), if it was going to jeopardize their long term employment/well being.
Can we be honest?This ENTIRE scandal is pure speculation. Some more evident that other, but it's all speculation.I'm not saying this didn't happen. I'm 100% sure it did. Nobody knows the details, though.Everybody is jumping to conclusions way to hastily, imo.

So lame, I only got to play like 3 tournaments on my RaulMondesi account...I couldn't wait to suck out on someone and have them go off on me, and I could say 'They aren't booing, they are Rauuuuuuuuuling'. :club:

Honestly, I am really amazed. Guess I gotta admire your loyalty but man......
But in Zach's eyes, I mean, yeah this could/probably happened, but how does this affect the lower limit players? AP could all of a sudden shut down but is that likely?If it's true then I wonder what's next.
Wait, huh? They traced his email back to him. They traced his IP back to him. It's an inside job. You want a written confession?
Again i dont know crap about computers but is it not possible that this can be 'faked" so to speak?
Can we be honest?This ENTIRE scandal is pure speculation. Some more evident that other, but it's all speculation.I'm not saying this didn't happen. I'm 100% sure it did. Nobody knows the details, though.Everybody is jumping to conclusions way to hastily, imo.
I disagree to an extent. There are quite a few things that are beyond the speculation point, and the _fact_ that Absolute stated they did not have access to everyone's hole cards for a tournament after they had sent Marco the HH w/ all this info, is pretty damning IMHO. They blatantly lied in their 'official' response, why should I trust them after that?The details of the who and the why are still cloudy, but the what, when, and where are pretty well established.
Seriously now you are starting to piss me off. Trying to downplay this in ANY way is way beyond reckless. There is an account on AP that had access to hole cards that cheated customers out of hundreds of thousands of dollars (hell, maybe millions). It is an inside job. There is pretty good evidence that the inside job is the ****ing CEO. They covered it up and in the process were willing to steal those hundreds of thousands of dollars from their customers.You can do whatever the **** you want with your money but to make a post like that on here in these circumstances to give anyone else the idea that they should keep their money on AP is well......reckless.
Again i dont know crap about computers but is it not possible that this can be 'faked" so to speak?
I will go with the people who know much more than I do and say no since they seem pretty sure.

The fact that this could be the CEO's doing does not change a thing.We already knew it was a rogue employee. Doesn't matter if it was a janitor or the CEO, IMO.AP as a whole, im my opinion, was not cheating. Just one person.

The fact that this could be the CEO's doing does not change a thing.We already knew it was a rogue employee. Doesn't matter if it was a janitor or the CEO, IMO.AP as a whole, im my opinion, was not cheating. Just one person.
LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL. Seriously, just stop.
Seriously now you are starting to piss me off. Trying to downplay this in ANY way is way beyond reckless. There is an account on AP that had access to hole cards that cheated customers out of hundreds of thousands of dollars (hell, maybe millions). It is an inside job. There is pretty good evidence that the inside job is the ****ing CEO. They covered it up and in the process were willing to steal those hundreds of thousands of dollars from their customers.You can do whatever the **** you want with your money but to make a post like that on here in these circumstances to give anyone the else the idea that they should keep their money on AP is well......reckless.
I haven't seen RDog this pissed since his hard drive went out and he lost his downloaded copy of Weekend at Bernie's. :)In all seriousness, I agree that this is a...serious...matter and shouldn't be downplayed.
There is pretty good evidence that the inside job is the ****ing CEO.
For what it's worth, I do know a bit about computers, and this part is really nothing close to "pretty good evidence", from what I've read.I've seen statements like: the account was linked to an email address and IP address connected to the CEO of AP.Really? My account on Stars is dannypurse. Can you please "link" that to an email address or an IP address? How? No, I didn't sort through 15 pages of p5s/2+2 threads, but I read the OPs, and they were all pretty vague regarding this CEO connection.
I haven't seen RDog this pissed since his hard drive went out and he lost his downloaded copy of Weekend at Bernie's. :)In all seriousness, I agree that this is a...serious...matter and shouldn't be downplayed.
He he.Funny, I have never even had an AP account and I am fuming. Shit like this is soooooooooo bad for Online Poker. For those of us that make a living from it we need all the help we can get.
The more I think about it, if the CEO was involved, there had to be other people involved in order to get an official statement out that denied the whole thing. Who did the investigation? Who shut them up? Did the CEO come in and say "I'll take care of this", and the AP employees just said "OK, whatever you say boss"?But if it was the CEO, why didn't he just steal from the company the old-fashioned way, with a little white-collar embezzlement?
For what it's worth, I do know a bit about computers, and this part is really nothing close to "pretty good evidence", from what I've read.I've seen statements like: the account was linked to an email address and IP address connected to the CEO of AP.Really? My account on Stars is dannypurse. Can you please "link" that to an email address or an IP address? How? No, I didn't sort through 15 pages of p5s/2+2 threads, but I read the OPs, and they were all pretty vague.
Ummmmmmm......how about when they send the IP's and email address in the hand history file they sent out??? Man, I love that people want to post in here saying shit like this when they didn't read the threads.
The more I think about it, if the CEO was involved, there had to be other people involved in order to get an official statement out that denied the whole thing. Who did the investigation? Who shut them up? Did the CEO come in and say "I'll take care of this", and the AP employees just said "OK, whatever you say boss"?But if it was the CEO, why didn't he just steal from the company the old-fashioned way, with a little white-collar embezzlement?
This is true too. This isn't a rogue person. For the coverup, their had to be more people involved.
For what it's worth, I do know a bit about computers, and this part is really nothing close to "pretty good evidence", from what I've read.I've seen statements like: the account was linked to an email address and IP address connected to the CEO of AP.Really? My account on Stars is dannypurse. Can you please "link" that to an email address or an IP address? How? No, I didn't sort through 15 pages of p5s/2+2 threads, but I read the OPs, and they were all pretty vague regarding this CEO connection.
The HH email that was sent out had IP addresses and emails in it, that is how it was all linked to accounts. Stars obviously can link your username to an IP and email, and if they would send me that info like AP did with these accounts, then I could too :)Mark
When Absolute emailed Marco the hand history excel file, it not only had every player at every table's cards, but it also had all the IP and email addresses for users on the rail. Using that info:http://www.pocketfives.com/FB93FA8A-FCCF-4...37B61E265A.aspxHope that helps!
Too little
Seriously now you are starting to piss me off. Trying to downplay this in ANY way is way beyond reckless. There is an account on AP that had access to hole cards that cheated customers out of hundreds of thousands of dollars (hell, maybe millions). It is an inside job. There is pretty good evidence that the inside job is the ****ing CEO. They covered it up and in the process were willing to steal those hundreds of thousands of dollars from their customers.You can do whatever the **** you want with your money but to make a post like that on here in these circumstances to give anyone else the idea that they should keep their money on AP is well......reckless.
Too much
So lame, I only got to play like 3 tournaments on my RaulMondesi account...I couldn't wait to suck out on someone and have them go off on me, and I could say 'They aren't booing, they are Rauuuuuuuuuling'. :club:
Too funny

Mark and Pat are much nicer than I am. But seriously, it would help if people would at least attempt reading some of the threads before they act like we have no idea what we are talking about.

Too much
Do you pay your mortgage, car payment, buy food, travel, etc from playing poker?Until then, I will react however the hell I want.