The New V Blog Is Up

Not that it would ever happen, but if another high profile poker player decided to make a video blog with a painted face acting like a sterertyped Jamaican, what would DN say?I hear Doyle is working on his accent as we speak.And damn you all for making SadChink cry. He's quite sensitive...

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Daniel, I think your impression was very impressive. However, with all due respect, I am surprised that you don't seem to be appreciating why you generated the reaction you did with it. And since yo

?

Dn,I know you thought it was all in jest, but the sooner you take that video off the world wide web, the sooner you can to sleep. I am surprised your phone and email aren't blowing off the hook. I am not going to get into the deep sociological reasons why a white person doing blackface is ALWAYs over the line, but rest assured, you have NEVER seen it performed as a "skit" on SNL or Madtv, and for good reason. Eddie Murphy can dress up as a white dude, and the Wayans can dress up as some white chicks, but trust me on this, a white NEVER has any reason to do blackface, NEVER. Just please yank the video before you lose the ability to make money from endorsements and the like.
ever see Trading Places?
before you put on a costume, you should consider the implications of your actions. put that costume in historical context; don't compare yourself to current actors in today's entertainment. that's part of the problem: people continue to perpetuate the minstrel shows of the 1800s in the 21st century. there's just no place for it. white chicks included (chappelle has even crossed the line, which is why he cancelled his show).
Again, to not understand the difference between blackface and what DN did in that blog is ridiculous. I'm pretty sure nobody got mad at Dan Akroyd after that scene in Trading Places where he basically does the same thing as in this video blog.Also, that's not the reason why Chappelle cancelled his show. You're talking about one incident where a camera guy laughs too hard at Dave in the blackface skit...and it's just one of many many reasons that he decides to cancel the show. And that was actual blackface, not a Jamaican costume.Looking for racism in places where there is none doesn't help anyone.
Looking for racism in places where there is none doesn't help anyone.
i definitely agree with thisbut it is a big reason chappelle quit his show - i think he started to wonder if everyone was laughing for the right reasonsgiven that i feel i know DN as much as we can i'm not offended but it's definitely walking out on a ledge - hopefully eventually we can all goof on each other - i'm not sure we're there yet

My reason for posting was not to protest, but to try and give DN a warning that he is going to catch mad hell for the video. Thats it. I don't think my personal opinion on the vid is worth a damn.Oh and since this site is at least in someway related to gambling, anybody want to take me up on a $100 bet that DN offers a retraction and apology in the next 7 days?

Well like Chappelle said when he quit his show, he was worried people were laughing at him instead of with him.I don't think DN was attempting to laugh at anybody but with them.Either way it'll offend people. Look on the bright side, "DANIEL NEGREANU IS A RACIST" threads can finally replace the Global Warming threads.Also he does the best fake Jamaican accent I've heard.

My reason for posting was not to protest, but to try and give DN a warning that he is going to catch mad hell for the video. Thats it. I don't think my personal opinion on the vid is worth a damn.Oh and since this site is at least in someway related to gambling, anybody want to take me up on a $100 bet that DN offers a retraction and apology in the next 7 days?
yeah, ship it to chrozzo on stars
Haven't you (and by "you" I mean all Daniels critics) figured it out by now??? Daniel LOVES to throw bombs man!!! He's the consummate Hell raiser, lol. Loves to Shake everyone up, keep 'em on their toes!You suckers keep falling for it. The guy just loves to needle. The problem is, and God only knows when or why this happened, but most in this country have lost their collective sense of humor! WTF??? did everyone forget how to laugh? IS everything so dam sacred that nothing can be funny anymore?Lighten the F-up folks. When did every little comment or joke become something that folks think they have to turn into a crusade to "RIGHT THE WRONG THATS BEEN DONE!!! ENOUGH IS ENOUGH AND IT'S HIGH TIME WE TOOK A STAND!! MADE MORE LAWS AGAINST THIS GREAT INJUSTICE!!!" etc. etc.I for one am just so goddammm so sick of it. Keep sticking everyone in the eye Daniel. F-em if they can't take a joke. :club:

Classic!! Absolutely hilarious! Did you use the oregano after for your spaghetti sauce or did you actually finish the blunt and smoke it? I read a few of the earlier posts and I have to lmao at those like ChrisofSpades who took this as being racist! Figured there would be a few that just didn't get it. They obviously didn't see your stand up vlog a few months back. How did the white community react to the Wayan's movie "White Chicks"? We laughed at it and took it for what it was meant to be.... humour. You have to get your head out of the sand buddy and learn to laugh. Great job Daniel. Looking forward to the next episode of "Daniel & Dexter"Time to go read the rest of the reactions.

How did the white community react to the Wayan's movie "White Chicks"? We laughed at it and took it for what it was meant to be.... humour.
I've been saying that this wasn't a big deal, but you can't possibly be this stupid...can you? Comparing blackface to White Chicks...yikes. That's like saying it's ok to dress up like Klan members because we wouldn't get mad if black people dressed up in all black robes (with pointy hats).

"I'ma tell you da truth man"... hahahaha. Was pretty funny man.. some people need to get a sense of humor. I remember watching the "Birth of a Nation" which was one of the early silent films, where blackface was used. But this film was made back in the 1920's or 30's... a long time ago. Stop overreacting so much to every damn thing. You can immediately tell if there's malice if someone's intentions... and I don't think it was the case here. Lighten up.

How did the white community react to the Wayan's movie "White Chicks"? We laughed at it and took it for what it was meant to be.... humour.
Well, we didn't really laugh.

watching the new video blog reminds me of watching john mayer perform stand up. I love john mayer's music and think he is one the best musicians in the world( my opinion) but watching him try comedy while not that bad wouldnt keep me coming if he stoped singing/playing guitar. In short ill get my music from john , poker from daniel , comedy elsewhere. ps. i wasnt offended it just wasnt my cup of tea

Again, to not understand the difference between blackface and what DN did in that blog is ridiculous. I'm pretty sure nobody got mad at Dan Akroyd after that scene in Trading Places where he basically does the same thing as in this video blog.Also, that's not the reason why Chappelle cancelled his show. You're talking about one incident where a camera guy laughs too hard at Dave in the blackface skit...and it's just one of many many reasons that he decides to cancel the show. And that was actual blackface, not a Jamaican costume.Looking for racism in places where there is none doesn't help anyone.
Exactly!! Hey Akroyd is Canadian too. Damn all Canadian's must be racist! I bet the next one to do it will be Jim Carey or maybe Pam Anderson. She could really pull off a black Jamaican I bet! :club:
Well like Chappelle said when he quit his show, he was worried people were laughing at him instead of with him.I don't think DN was attempting to laugh at anybody but with them.Either way it'll offend people. Look on the bright side, "DANIEL NEGREANU IS A RACIST" threads can finally replace the Global Warming threads.Also he does the best fake Jamaican accent I've heard.
In the Bahamas, he did his jamacian accent/impression for one of the cab drivers...who thought it was great. He is, rightly so, proud of his impressions.The make up was a little overdone maybe, but you can't just say that something is offensive without looking at the context. I think it's obvious that it was meant to be fun, and not offensive.I'm pretty sure Daniel had to know that the VBlog would cause discussion, debate, and possibly some uproar.(oh, and look! it's also causing some web traffic!)Nicely played Daniel....and oh...when are you shaving the dome again? you know you want to....

Strange that there are so many people attacking daniel for this.. I must say that most here should know that daniel is a chill dude who obviously had only one intention with this; humour.If you critisize him for it, critisize him for bad taste. But whoever does that i shall tell you this: YOU GOT BAD TASTE!and daniel, you have a pretty cool mom, was it hard at all to get her to say that stuff

as i have stated before..when trying to get involved in any discussion but poker....especially when spekaing of race and politics and in voicing his disagreements,daniel comes off as someone who dropped out of school and spent most of his time in a cardroom with cardplayer,s not a classroom interracting as a normal adolecent would...im sure he is a great guy to both his family and friends as he is to the public and means absolutely no harm....but his awkwardness and naivete in certain social situations and discussions show that for all that poker brilliance and playing since he was a teen, something had to then be lacking somewhere...and his social and political commentary shows it...sometimes the school of hard knox misses some key lessons....his bank account, success, family , friends and good heart is more than most people could ask for in life..u can't skip years of education and social interraction in a diverse atmosphere without missing something...he video blog and his last few political commentaries show that...i will always call him on what i disagree with or when i think he hasnt done his homework but have seen so reason to think any of his statements or videos might come and try to cause actual harm or disrespect to any race...just bush...lol

watching the new video blog reminds me of watching john mayer perform stand up. I love john mayer's music and think he is one the best musicians in the world( my opinion) but watching him try comedy while not that bad wouldnt keep me coming if he stoped singing/playing guitar. In short ill get my music from john , poker from daniel , comedy elsewhere. ps. i wasnt offended it just wasnt my cup of tea
and your politics?
as i have stated before..when trying to get involved in any discussion but poker....especially when spekaing of race and politics and in voicing his disagreements,daniel comes off as someone who dropped out of school and spent most of his time in a cardroom with cardplayer,s not a classroom interracting as a normal adolecent would...im sure he is a great guy to both his family and friends as he is to the public and means absolutely no harm....but his awkwardness and naivete in certain social situations and discussions show that for all that poker brilliance and playing since he was a teen, something had to then be lacking somewhere...and his social and political commentary shows it...sometimes the school of hard knox misses some key lessons....his bank account, success, family , friends and good heart is more than most people could ask for in life..u can't skip years of education and social interraction in a diverse atmosphere without missing something...he video blog and his last few political commentaries show that...i will always call him on what i disagree with or when i think he hasnt done his homework but have seen so reason to think any of his statements or videos might come and try to cause actual harm or disrespect to any race...just bush...lol
Luckily.....for us.....we have such a well rounded individual.....such as yourself.....to keep him in line.....also.....your writing style.....is very annoying.....to read.