What Daniel Did In The Main Event Will Make You Sick! Shocking!

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

you know, i had a feeling that this guy was a lawyer. Why you ask? think about it, someone made a mistake and it cost him.. so it HAS TO BE SOMEONE ELSE'S FAULT.Kind of like when you smoke a pack a day for 30 years and die of lung cancer.. a lawyer would say it was Malboro's fault and sue them. In this case, someone made a mistake and it cost him, but it is DN fault and he must pay. Second, unless i am mistaken, when the cards are flipped/mucked, chips racked, and a new hand is dealt.... previous hand is OVER. The fact that DN called a floor person over says a lot about him if you ask me. You said he waited 4-5 hands on purpose. So, what would have been the right amount of hands to wait then? Like i said before, new hand starts, old hand is DEAD, end of story.Also, if you arent in the pot.. STFU. YOU werent even in the main event any more.Being tired, sick, drunk.. whatever. As an adult, you make a mistake you learn from it and not blame someone else because you made a mistake (that is the lawyer in you).

When I first read this I was a little worried that DN did something wrong. So Idecided to wait to hear him out. Glad I did.I am cool with what and how it happened. DN in no way made the guy overbet BB, called floor over which in effect announced to the entire table that he now had more chips, and kept them when the floor made it's ruling.It did not effect his payout, did not effect the flow of game, and did not in any way change the FACT that Allen Cunningham is going to win the Main Event.I think the OP had a reason to be concerned, but when I am playing a live tournament, my mindset is differently focused than when I am railing, DN's focus is being misinterpreted for deviousness. The only thing that really bugs me is that DN cares about karma, a foolish belief system based on silly assumptions. The Golden Rule, now that's different.

so much **** riding of DN on this site, Im sure he's even a little sick of it. Can we at least refute OPs claim w/o having DN's nuts on our face?BTW, from what Ive read, what happened is perfectly legal. BBs mistake, dealers mistake, DN could give it back, but is in no way obligated to. I like to think of it as a charge for stupidity.

so much **** riding of DN on this site, Im sure he's even a little sick of it. Can we at least refute OPs claim w/o having DN's nuts on our face?BTW, from what Ive read, what happened is perfectly legal. BBs mistake, dealers mistake, DN could give it back, but is in no way obligated to. I like to think of it as a charge for stupidity.
I like this alot.
The only thing that really bugs me is that DN cares about karma, a foolish belief system based on silly assumptions.
How is a "deed or action that has consequences" a foolish belief system based on silly assumptions?I think the silly assumption here is your underdstanding of the word "karma".
How is a "deed or action that has consequences" a foolish belief system based on silly assumptions?I think the silly assumption here is your underdstanding of the word "karma".
that tiger has so much awsomenessissity its oozing pure awesome substance in its purest form
Okay, I'll bite.Karma is based in the reincarnation system of rewards and punishments for past deeds. Reincarnation is foolish, no basis for how rewards are doled out, who decides, what are the rules, etc. Therefore Karma, being a subset of reincarnation is foolish.Karma following you around in this life is just attempt to bring judgement into current time frame, instead of being forced to wait till after death. This brings into question again, who decides what is right or wrong? The religion that invented Karma believes that helping the poor is wrong because they need to pay for past sins. How does Karma judge them therefore when they kick a bum? Rewards in this life? Extra arms in next one? Or bad luck for being mean to a bum?Golden rule is more do it because it's right. Karma is do it so you don't become a poor person in next life.You rename it to "Whats goes around, comes around" etc. I am with you. I suspect this is what you are leaning towards and I am just nit picking the word. I've been known to do this. If it is we can agree that I am a nit. Hope I don't get punished later.
You rename it to "Whats goes around, comes around" etc. I am with you. I suspect this is what you are leaning towards and I am just nit picking the word. I've been known to do this. If it is we can agree that I am a nit. Hope I don't get punished later.
If you're going to nitpick the word, use its original meaning, "deed or action that has consequences", or its common meaning in non-buddhist terms, which, since the person who brought it up in the thread isn't a buddhist, would make a little sense. Basically, "what goes around comes around".Basically, we agree, you're a nit. Heh heh.Side note: "the golden rule" is actually the reverse of an idea brought up long before Jesus, by Confucious, "do not do unto others as you would not have them do unto you", or close to.

This is quite an accusation based on your word alone. Since you weren't at the table, we should take your word for it? Perhaps you would be better off to concentrate more on the play so you aren't at the rail next time.Before you accuse people of improper conduct, please have some solid evidence. If you don't, keep quiet.Burgerman

If you're going to nitpick the word, use its original meaning, "deed or action that has consequences", or its common meaning in non-buddhist terms, which, since the person who brought it up in the thread isn't a buddhist, would make a little sense. Basically, "what goes around comes around".Basically, we agree, you're a nit. Heh heh.Side note: "the golden rule" is actually the reverse of an idea brought up long before Jesus, by Confucious, "do not do unto others as you would not have them do unto you", or close to.
I knew I was being picky. Sorry dude, But your definition of Karma is a more modern definition....Oh never mind, I hate highjacking threads.Side Note: Confucious doesn't predate Jewish faith, and Christianity is fullfillment of Jewish prophecy, not a brand new religion that show'd up around 34 AD. But I will agree to disagree
I'm guessing DN wasn't allowed to give the chips back after the hand was over.
WHAt? Are you stoned?Regarding Karma, I LOVE Karma!Karma apples, Karma corn....it all good man!!! :club:
I knew I was being picky. Sorry dude, But your definition of Karma is a more modern definition....Side Note: Confucious doesn't predate Jewish faith, and Christianity is fullfillment of Jewish prophecy, not a brand new religion that show'd up around 34 AD. But I will agree to disagree
Actually, the first version I was using is Sanskrit, anything but modern.As to the second point, I knew it would head in this direction, but religion itself is a whole nother matter, and indeed a hijack.So, I digress.

I agree with everything you said, the same thing would happen to everyone in that situation. The stress level is so high you cant pay attention to everything, plus you tried to do the right thing. I feel the guy who put to many chips in was all at blame, because he needs to know how to count before he plays poker.

Don't be a jerk dude, that's way out of line. I did nothing wrong, pulled no shot, and had ABSOLUTELY no idea he put too much in. Why do you assume I somehow knew when NO ONE else seemed to know. As you mentioned, I was playing for my tournament life. It was a high stress moment and I didn't look to see if the big blind was right at all. After I won the pot, the NEXT hand I heard you tell your buddy that he put in too much in the big blind. I listened to what you said while playing the hand. He talked back to you, unsure, and then I started looking at my stack. By the next hand, I realized that you had to be right. I'd won no pots after that hand and didn't start with any yellow. I now had four yellows. I felt bad for the guy (he still had like 250,000 btw), and then let him know that it was probably true. I, yes "I" called a floorman over because I didn't want any bad karma. The floorman made a ruling that it was just too late. I swear on my dog Mushu that I had NO IDEA until you said something from the rail. I even came up to you on a break to explain.

Daniel can not give chips back after the hand-automatic disqualification.Once new hand is dealt old hand is dead- nothing Daniel or anyone can do to reverse the previous mistake. OP believes Daniel must have know- yet Dealer and BB and OP's friend all did not notice te mistake. It sounds like Daniel did figure it out after the rail pointed out the mistake, but at that point it is too late. Daniel can not return the chips whether he wants to or not.Karma is a *****!

Hey, it's mike here, harveys friend. First off, daniel, I was a pretty big fan of yours until day 3 of the main event. During the hand, I didn't notice that the BB had put down too many chips. Right after the hand, harvey called me over and told me what happened. Right when he told me, I guess you overheard and you looked pretty pissed that the railbird (my friend) opened his mouth up when he shouldn't have.Anyways, I know for a fact, you knew that you got extra chips. If you didnt want to play it off, you would've said something right after the hand.How in the hell did it take you 5 hands to realize harvey was right? THAT'S 5 HANDS! it was very simple to figure out if you got extra chips since all you had was black chips before that hand, and 4 yellow chips after that hand, when it should've been only two. even a monkey to figure that one outnice try though. everyone on here thinks you are correct, when in fact, i know what truly happened dude. sorry bro, but i can't support you ever again. I hope we meet up at the tables again so I can set things straight.mikeedit: if you were really the "nice" guy at the table that everyone likes, how come you just didnt give the chips back yourself when you realized harvey was right? u figured it out yourself after 5 hands, but yet, you kept the chips
How do you know for a "fact"? That is absurd, you are an idiot. 1. If this happens to me, i am going to take 5 minutes to be run through my previous stack, what my stack is now, what it should be at etc. With these stakes on the line, you want to be ABSOLUTELY SURE. 5 minutes is COMPLETELY understandable. Also, why didn't the other player call someone over, after all, he made the mistake.2. Chips cannot be passed from one individual to another outside of a hand during a tournament without a TD permitting and watching the transfer of chips due to a mistake. END OF STORY. The Td ruled it was too late. PERIOD. If Daniel tried to give him his chips back, I would have had a problem with THAT.THAT would be cheating.

OP- This is absolutely ridiculous. Calling Daniel out in the forum after the fact is completely out of line, even if you were the player who put in the wrong amount of chips. To be someone who was watching and doing it makes it even worse. Putting in blinds becomes so routine during the course of a tournament if the guy made a mistake and put in too many, that is his own fault. The issue should just die right there. But, then he happens to overhear you grumbling about it and checks his stack. Realizes you are right and calls the floor over. Floor makes a ruling, player does not object to the ruling. Issue should die there. But it doesnt because you decide to come into the forum and cite one particular hand of the tournament where a player makes a mistake and turn this into a Daniel is a bad guy because blah blah thread. These types of issues are exactly why there is a floorperson available. Leave the decsions up to them, like Daniel did, and lock your bs opinions up. End of rant.

Okay, I'll bite.Karma is based in the reincarnation system of rewards and punishments for past deeds. Reincarnation is foolish, no basis for how rewards are doled out, who decides, what are the rules, etc. Therefore Karma, being a subset of reincarnation is foolish.Karma following you around in this life is just attempt to bring judgement into current time frame, instead of being forced to wait till after death. This brings into question again, who decides what is right or wrong? The religion that invented Karma believes that helping the poor is wrong because they need to pay for past sins. How does Karma judge them therefore when they kick a bum? Rewards in this life? Extra arms in next one? Or bad luck for being mean to a bum?Golden rule is more do it because it's right. Karma is do it so you don't become a poor person in next life.You rename it to "Whats goes around, comes around" etc. I am with you. I suspect this is what you are leaning towards and I am just nit picking the word. I've been known to do this. If it is we can agree that I am a nit. Hope I don't get punished later.
karma is action. plain and simple. it is the reason for samsara. there is no good karma or bad karma, as it is by defintion bad.i don't know about the not helping out the poor part. my guess is a little misguidance on this issue.
WHAt? Are you stoned?Regarding Karma, I LOVE Karma!Karma apples, Karma corn....it all good man!!! :club:
Bottom line is I believe nutzbuster on this one, I mean he is always there. Im sure he saw the incident, unfortunately he probably also watched daneil use the urinal, and he probably also waited outside Daniels house while carving his initials into his chest.lol just kidding man, just bringing up what the drunk guy kept calling you at superbowl weekend