I Called In Sick Today

12 cold/snowy winters was enough for me. It was 71 degrees here today and mid 20s and snowing where I used to live. Do not miss it even a little bit. Makes my skin crawl just thinking about freezing my ass off every time I went outside or having to shovel snow.

I definitely like the winter Olympics better than the summer games. I like the skiing, snowboarding, some of the skating events, luge and bobsled the most. Ever since I was a kid I've wanted to try the luge.

My wife and I have been watching True Detective. A bit of an odd show that we're having a hard time getting into. But I'm a total simpleton when it comes to tv and movies. I want to be entertained not have to pay attention to every little detail to figure out some hidden meaning to something.

• Replies 268k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ron_Mexico

• speedz99

• Napa Lite

• ShakeZuma

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

and after 3 days, he is risen!

If you are paying $20 for a haircut, I imagine people assume you did it yourself anyway.

Pocket change cost me my first and only black girlfriend.   It was in the middle of a roaring poker boom and I was flush in ways most men don't even bother dreaming of. Money, it was like dirt to me

Posted Images

Right now, all I love doing is cooking, but I'm too old, too fat and too broken to start that career

Do you think you could be a small business loan consultant to restaurants and bars? (I think you could, and you'll do it, and make your thousands, and eat and drink gratis for the rest of your life at your client's businesses. Heaven!)

I pay $72/month for my AT&T IPhone. Every once in a while I bump against some texting limit, but I have unlimited data, and an old old plan. I figure the once or twice a year I pay to text more than balances all the data I use.

I think my HD TiVo is starting to skunk, which pisses me off. I have a Leaf, an Apple TV, and use the TiVo as a DVR (no cable). If this model craps out, I'll need to find another alternative. I don't like buying these expensive hard drives that only last two years.

Coast of CA has snow within 2 hours

I know. That's why I mentioned it as a quality possibility. Much more so than, say, Florida. In your defense, I'm a terrible writer, so the miscommunication is on me.

Frau: a leaf? What are you talking about here? The car?

Yeah, a Mohu Leaf. I've two now, and haven't had cable tv for six or seven years, and went without netflix for about five. The picture is good and steady, except for ABC. Since I've only been in this apartment for a year, I'm not sure if it's the location, or the difficulties of trying to find the right place on the wall by myself.

How much snow have you had?

Our avg in January is 12". We had 40 this Jan. our avg between the months of Oct-April is 42. We're killing that, at like 45-46 right now. Worst winter ever. Worst part is that it's been stupid cold. We'd usually get a few high 30's in between snows and it would melt. This crap is not melting and I'm running out of places to put it. I have Everest on one side of my driveway and my Kilimanjaro on the other side.

I dont know exactly but id say around 25 inches. Which has to be more than we usually get. And its been crazy cold here too. Snow isnt melting and its 3 goddamn degrees out when i get in my car each morning. Fvckin miserable it is.

And then theres lucky ron up there playing golf while we are all freezing our dicks off.

It actually got a smidge hot towards the end of the round. Started at around 7:30am.

I will say that it was cart path only today, which, you know, really put me out. That hole is an island green. The tips are a crazy high tee box, but the lady's parents play the blues and the reds, so I go along and play the blues. From the tips, that island green is about 180. First time playing it, I lost about 4 balls. Second time, on the dance floor 1st shot

I TOLD YOU IM AWFUL

No, I just skimmed his post and in my head thought he meant the tee box was an island and it was 180 to the fairway. Not that it was a long par 3 to an island. I hit driver anywhere from 220-280 depending on how good I hit it.

• Like 1

Just making sure you werent some nancy only hitting driver 175.

They let me go for good. I had nothing to do so it was an obvious decision. They even took my id badge so i cant use it to park for free downtown. I was hoping theyd forget that.

Hybrids seem to be taking over the long iron business. Most new sets have 6-pw irons, plus a 4h and 5h.

I have this old, old 4w that may actually be wood that I hit pretty cleanly, and I use it for the stuff over 165 yards or so. If I hit it really well, it can go long, but you know how that goes. I only hit it perfect when I don't want to.

I'm not a long hitter at all and I don't care. I try to swing SUPER easy so I can be straight. I'll happily drop a club or two for distance as long as I can be straight.

Today, I was in the shit and almost behind a tree for my 2nd shot on a par 5. Took out my old school 3w, which again may actually be wood, a club I hit pretty well, blasted it, but didn't see where it went. It felt and sounded so clean. Anyway, I'm looking all over for my ball, about to give up, and it's about 25 yards from the green, dead center. Never thought to look there. It was bitter sweet. I hit a perfect shot but didnt get the satisfaction of seeing it

Chipped one in from about 30 yards. Also hit a sweet 7iron from the rough to about 5 feet. In addition to some really nice drives, those were my highlights

Nice. Now do something fun, get some rest then fire it up for the new gig

Although, telling you to get some rest is stupid. You never do anything and also just had 9 weeks off. Never mind

I'd hit a hard 8 iron or a soft 7 iron depending on the hazards. I hit my irons pro distances but forget it with woods. My best driver will go about 250 but I hit a 3 hybrid 260 and much more consistently. I don't get it. I have a good driver and I've used several different types of drivers but I max out at 250 the 1 in 5 times I hit it straight

Towards the end of last season I feel like there was no difference in how long id hit my irons. Like i was just as likely to hit my PW as long as my 3-iron and vice versa. I lost a lot of distance and was just super tight all around. Been doing yoga and just got one of those foam roller things in an attempt to increase that.