Top Posters In This Topic

• Ron_Mexico

• speedz99

• Napa Lite

• ShakeZuma

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

and after 3 days, he is risen!

If you are paying $20 for a haircut, I imagine people assume you did it yourself anyway.

Pocket change cost me my first and only black girlfriend.   It was in the middle of a roaring poker boom and I was flush in ways most men don't even bother dreaming of. Money, it was like dirt to me

Posted Images

I unfortunately have to go wireless with my desktop due to the layout of this house. I brought a USB adapter that was renowned for being good, and a wireless router just in case. why the router, you ask? it's got dd-wrt on it, and when I came home to the USB adapter mysteriously not working today, I took five minutes to set the router up as a client bridge, then connected it to my desktop with ethernet. I now have a ridiculously stable wifi link: my router's radio/antenna setup is worlds better than most PCI adapters.

This is exactly how I have my living room setup. I have a desktop computer hidden under/behind my living room flat screen. The router is wireless, and connects to the computer, which is connected directly to the TV/receiver. The DirectTv box, XBox, and Blu-Ray are also all connected separately to the 4 port router, and I'm still able to hit 50Mbps download speeds from speedtest.net. Super happy and convenient all in one.

I'm thinking about relocating--I just booked an April Midwest trip. It's been six months since I saw my aging relatives and I like to keep my eye on them. If I move, I should do it within the next year or two. I will need time to rebuild my professional and personal networks--and all of that is easier when you're younger. I need to pick a city in a certain radius of said relatives. I'm also city-driven. I have no kids, no debt, and no urge to own a house with yard, etc. I do want to live in at least a mid sized city, in a walkable neighborhood. Knowing what I like to do, the places I go, it'll probably be a gay-borhood.

Google Sherman Hills Des Moines.

Very gay. Very walkable. Mid-sized Midwest city.

That being said, Chicago is nice.

Was just informed that today is my last day. So, nice little 4-day weekend coming up. Huzzah!

How did the boss's daugher/boyfriend take the news?

man I don't know how you yankees drive in this shit all the time. I mean are the roads different where it snows a lot or something? there was a slushy inch or so on the road when I came home and even when I was going 25 in a straight line I was still sliding all over the place. accidentally got to 35 at one point and got freaking sideways. wasn't even in a curve. and hell, those lunatics in norway and shit drive in straight up snow all.the.time. in regular freaking cars! I don't even know what's going on with that.

You definitely have I learn how to drive all over again. So many people are so bad in snow it's scary.

I don't plan to participate in this bullshit town

This was very funny to me. I love me some Strat.

I like snow driving. Go slow and don't be a dick. Never had 4WD or anything useful.

This. I love snow driving and winter. Other people are so stupid though.

Currently 74 here at 6:00 pm. Supposed to be damn near 80 by Friday. I remember driving in snow. Vaguely.

Boss lady called today and asked me to meet her for lunch. Said the VP has something in the works "soon". Then went on to say the new Senior Director, who I will also be training for a week was asked to give an evaluation on my readiness for the next level too so I should be on "my best behavior" so I make a strong impression. Because I'm apparently not smart enough to realize he'll have a say in who's promoted.

After the dust up of the lack of communication last week she's overcompensating now by telling me every little tidbit she comes across. Stop talking, start showing me the money.

Pretty sure they're just called mattress covers. Although you may want to Google to confirm.

Hey Tommy, it's supposed to be almost 40 Monday! I don't remember what 40 feels like! That's fire pit weather.

of course it is supposed to snow on Monday as well.

How did the boss's daugher/boyfriend take the news?

I don't know, kinda sad, I guess? I only saw them briefly one day because we've all been out of office. I'll be sad if they cut me out though because they're really cool people and I like hanging out with them. Plus, she has a ton of hot friends.

And today turned out to not be my last day. I'm coming back tomorrow to help them with reviewing loans which is easily the worst part of auditing these banks. I could have just said I'm done, but didn't want to leave on a sour note, plus I wouldn't have done anything productive anyway and it's...some amount of money more in my pocket.

Also, my rec league team got our first win tonight in a super chippy game. Emotions ran high. They had a really really good guy who did not play for them the first time we met. We were down 3 (after leading all game except until the final minute) with 15 seconds left when their ringer tackled one of our players as he was shooting a three. Obviously he still sinks it and then makes the free throw to put us up one. They don't get a good shot up in the remaining time and we win. I played next to no part in this victory going 0-2 from three, although I did play some really good D the few minutes I was in.

• Like 3

but yeah there's the prep for it, but I think hills have a lot to do with it too. we've got a lot of hills here and that makes it a hell of a lot more difficult to navigate. whatever, I like snow just not driving in this awfulness.

Yeah, there's no hills around here.

• Like 1