Top Posters In This Topic

• Ron_Mexico

• speedz99

• Napa Lite

• ShakeZuma

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

and after 3 days, he is risen!

If you are paying $20 for a haircut, I imagine people assume you did it yourself anyway.

Pocket change cost me my first and only black girlfriend.   It was in the middle of a roaring poker boom and I was flush in ways most men don't even bother dreaming of. Money, it was like dirt to me

Posted Images

There is one black guy in this class I am in right now. He has the 'corn rows' and dresses in the baseball jacket etc like many other black guys on campus. Anyway, someone was listening to schmultzy jazz music really loud, everyone could hear this 80s-style saxophone. It turned out it was him listening to it. It was an interesting revelation. Obviously due to stereotypes I assumed he would be more into rap and hip hop than jazz.

There is one black guy in this class I am in right now. He has the 'corn rows' and dresses in the baseball jacket etc like many other black guys on campus. Anyway, someone was listening to schmultzy jazz music really loud, everyone could hear this 80s-style saxophone. It turned out it was him listening to it. It was an interesting revelation. Obviously due to stereotypes I assumed he would be more into rap and hip hop than jazz.
I have noticed that blacks of both sexes love to rock out in public with the iPod earbuds so everyone can enjoy the experience with them. girls especially.

I have learned that each day at work is a new theme. The different tenants have the same complaints in certain days and that means I will end up repeating myself over and over to the point of wanting to...I guess cry. Add on the salesman who comes in and tries to start with the small talk and then ends with them leaving angry at me as I chuckle as they are walking out the door. Todays theme:Referrals. When a tenant refers another tenant we give them a special prize. If the person they referred stays current for 6 months we will take $200 off their rent for any month they choose. Pretty simple. But now we are on rent.com, you know, a referral site. People find us there, sign up, contact us through rent.com and if they sign a lease they notify rent.com and rent. com sends them $100 and then comes to us with a bill for a few hundo. What the new scam is at least by our lovely tenants is someone will come in and fill out app and say they were referred by so an so in apt whatever. Then they go home and play around and get their name up on rent.com and then use them as well because they want $100. We pay rent.com and then 6 months later so and so comes to get their referral coupon and I have to say no and explain that they should go to their friend and get the $100 from them because they scammed you. Then it turns into a big fight and I have to explain to them over and over till I am blue in the face that rent.com is a referral site and that their friends wanted $100 more than they wanted you to get $200 off. 2 calls about that already today.Then the ATT sales douche came in. He came in happy talking about how cold it is and then left angry and me chuckling. I won't bore you with that story, he just tried to act like he was our ATT rep but I kept asking him things our rep would know, like the name of the person that actually receives the bill and pays it, but he never had an answer. It was obvious since the bill and the person on the account doesn't live nor work within 60 miles of this place. Turned out that all the stories he gave me about how we were spending too much on our bill and our plan lapsed and we were paying per call was not true as my boss said he re did the ATT plan with our actual rep after new years. Oh well. *sigh* Just gotta hold out till August...

Just watched Juno for the first time.I can't tell you how disconcerting it is to see JK Simmons in a normal role after watching the first four seasons of OZ recently. I kept expecting him to pull out a shiv and shank someone. Or pull out a shank and shiv someone. whatever.
He will always be Emil Skoda for Law and Order to me.Speedz congrats on watching Three Amigos!
He will always be Emil Skoda for Law and Order to me.Speedz congrats on watching Three Amigos!
sameyeah i watched it again after falling asleep trying the other day. it really isn't very funny, but i remember liking it when i was a kid.
guess what? IT'S SNOWING!!!!!FUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKAnother 2 or 3 hour drive home tonight, yippee!
My bad, 4 HOURS.
MOVE TO A WARM CITY YOU PIECE OF SHIT
OKAY I WILL!!
Tracked down a pic of Randy from the autumn.leaf.pngCyanide & Happiness @ Explosm.net
HA, What I'd give to be blowing LEAVES right now.
I have and endless train of salespeople trying all different approaches. I rarely let them get more than a sentence out.

has anybody done their taxes yet? I just called my accountant and they said that along with the regular info they need, they also need to know how much my stimulus check was last year. now why would they need to know that? I remember very specifically last year that the IRS or whoever said that we would not be taxed on that as income. anybody know?

Update, March 12: Some readers have written to us to say some states would tax the stimulus payments; others have insisted that we were wrong and that these payments would be taxed on their 2008 federal tax returns. However, neither allegation is correct.First, the stimulus payment is not taxable at the state level. Verenda Smith at the Federation of Tax Administrators says the confusion stems from the fact that some states offer a deduction for federal taxes paid. If an individual’s federal tax payment goes down, so will the amount of the deduction, which means that person would be paying slightly more in state taxes. That’s not a tax on the stimulus payment, but it reduces the deduction that’s intended to defray federal tax expenses.Iowa and Alabama, which allow full deductions for federal taxes, and Missouri, which allows a partial one, are already trying to revise their laws so that the deduction isn’t affected by the stimulus payment.Second, the stimulus payment will not be considered taxable income on 2008 returns, and it won’t affect the amount a taxpayer owes. The only reason a taxpayer might have to disclose how much he or she received on the 2008 return is if the individual didn’t qualify for the full payment in 2007 and believes he or she did qualify in 2008. Eric Smith (no relation) at the IRS explains: “It’s a one-time credit, but you get two shots at it.” If a taxpayer isn’t eligible for a payment, or doesn’t qualify for the maximum payment, based on the 2007 return, that taxpayer will have a chance on the 2008 return to show that he or she is eligible for the remainder. (Those who receive the refund in 2007, but aren’t eligible in 2008, won’t need to pay it back.) To claim a full or partial payment for 2008, taxpayers will need to know how much they did or didn’t get for 2007.For further clarification, contact a tax professional or call the IRS’ individual assistance line (1-800-829-1040).

Who do you think was playing the sax on the song he was listening to? hint: It wasn't a white guy.
sameyeah i watched it again after falling asleep trying the other day. it really isn't very funny, but i remember liking it when i was a kid.
*boggle* This opinion is incorrect.
oh ok. I always thought you actually were related to eric smith.
Dammit Sal, you always one up me, by actually saying what I'm just wondering. I actually finally decided that I didn't know Piddle's real name, but everyone else did... and he added that little bit in there. Whatever.. I'm retarded.
has anybody done their taxes yet? I just called my accountant and they said that along with the regular info they need, they also need to know how much my stimulus check was last year. now why would they need to know that? I remember very specifically last year that the IRS or whoever said that we would not be taxed on that as income. anybody know?
Why aren't you doing your own taxes? or is this a friend/family member who does taxes for you?
Why aren't you doing your own taxes? or is this a friend/family member who does taxes for you?
Are you not aware of how money Sal is?Don't let the corrugated roof fool you.
Beat: Because my reported income for 2007 was sooooo ridiculously low I didn't qualify for a stimulus check.Brag: I did my taxes through one of the efile sites listed on irs.gov when I reported that I didn't receive a stimulus check in 2008 my return shot up six hundo.VEGAS BABY!
Who do you think was playing the sax on the song he was listening to? hint: It wasn't a white guy.
I get it. He was listening to a black guy so it's the same as hip hop, amiright?Man, that was deductive as fuck. Nice.
I get it. He was listening to a black guy so it's the same as hip hop, amiright?Man, that was deductive as fuck. Nice.
I'm not totally sure what you're doing with this post... but if you are trying to imply that I was making fun of Tar Babies, you were right.
my buddy burned me a copy of Defiance and I just finished watching it. holy shit, I want to take this movie behind the middle school and get it pregnant. so ****ing awesome.mk was really good in it too.
oh? after a quick glance at the cast, guessing you mean mark feursuperjew? thanks not jewish broke my nose twice in 6 months when i was 19 kbyenot that there's anything wrong with that
Air Supply (think gayest band ever)
dead to meback from madrid a couple hours agogreat trip peroexhaustedwill share stories tomorrow after sleeping 14+ hours<3 youuuuuuuuuuus
That made me think of this:"All music genres go through a very similar life cycle: birth, growth, mainstream acceptance, decline, and finally obscurity. With black music, however, the final stage is never reached because white people are work tirelessly to keep it alive. Apparently, once a music has lost its relevance with its intended audience, it becomes MORE relevant to white people.Historically speaking, the music that white people have kept on life support for the longest period of time is Jazz. Thanks largely to public radio, bookstores, and coffee shops, Jazz has carved out a niche in white culture that is not yet ready to be replaced by Indie Rock. But the biggest role that Jazz plays in white culture is in the white fantasy of leisure. All white people believe that they prefer listening to jazz over watching television. This is not true.Every few a months, a white person will put on some Jazz and pour themselves a glass of wine or scotch and tell themselves how nice it is. Then they will get bored and watch television or write emails to other white people about how nice it was to listen to Jazz at home. “Last night, I poured myself a glass of Shiraz and put Charlie Parker on the Bose. It was so relaxing, I wish I had a fireplace.” Listing this activity as one of your favorites is a sure fire way to make progress towards a romantic relationship with a white person.Along with Jazz, white people have also taken quite a shine to The Blues, an art form that captured the pain of the black experience in America. Then, in the 1960s, a bunch of British bands started to play their own version of the music and white people have been loving it ever since. It makes sense considering that the British were the ones who created The Blues in the 17th Century.Today, white people keep The Blues going strong by taking vacations to Memphis, forming awkward bands, making documentaries, and organizing folk festivals. Blue and Jazz music appeal mostly to older white people and select few young ones who probably wear fedoras. But that doesn’t mean that young white people aren’t working hard to preserve music that has lost relevance. No, there are literally thousands of white people who are giving their all to keep old school Hip Hop alive.Even as you read this, white people are telling other white people about the golden age of Hip Hop that they experienced in a suburban high school or through a viewing of The Wackness.If you are good at concealing laughter and contempt, you should ask a white person about “Real Hip Hop.” They will quickly tell you about how they don’t listen to “Commercial Hip Hop” (aka music that black people actually enjoy), and that they much prefer “Classic Hip Hop.”“I don’t listen to that commercial stuff. I’m more into the Real Hip Hop, you know? KRS One, Del Tha Funkee Homosapien, De La Soul, Wu Tang, you know, The Old School.”Calling this style of music ‘old school’ is considered an especially apt name since the majority of people who listen to it did so while attending old schools such as Dartmouth, Bard, and Williams College.What it all comes down to is that white people are convinced that if they were alive when this music was relevant that they would have been into it. They would have been Alan Lomax or Rick Rubin. Now the best they can hope for is to impress an older black person with their knowledge."
Speedz congrats on watching Three Amigos!
Thanks!
Had appointments with two english bulldog puppies today. The first was 14 weeks and looked like this:elitebully.jpgThe second was 7 weeks and looked like this:prof_chips.jpg
I hate animals, but that 7 week old is fucking cute.
No, there are literally thousands of white people who are giving their all to keep old school Hip Hop alive.Even as you read this, white people are telling other white people about the golden age of Hip Hop that they experienced in a suburban high school or through a viewing of The Wackness.If you are good at concealing laughter and contempt, you should ask a white person about “Real Hip Hop.” They will quickly tell you about how they don’t listen to “Commercial Hip Hop” (aka music that black people actually enjoy), and that they much prefer “Classic Hip Hop.”“I don’t listen to that commercial stuff. I’m more into the Real Hip Hop, you know? KRS One, Del Tha Funkee Homosapien, De La Soul, Wu Tang, you know, The Old School.”Calling this style of music ‘old school’ is considered an especially apt name since the majority of people who listen to it did so while attending old schools such as Dartmouth, Bard, and Williams College.What it all comes down to is that white people are convinced that if they were alive when this music was relevant that they would have been into it. They would have been Alan Lomax or Rick Rubin. Now the best they can hope for is to impress an older black person with their knowledge."Thanks!
Hi!Although in some way this describes me, it is also completely contradictory, specifically the bolded part. I was alive during all of that and grew up listening to it. So what is the author trying to say here?