Top Posters In This Topic

• Ron_Mexico

• speedz99

• Napa Lite

• ShakeZuma

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

and after 3 days, he is risen!

If you are paying $20 for a haircut, I imagine people assume you did it yourself anyway.

Pocket change cost me my first and only black girlfriend.   It was in the middle of a roaring poker boom and I was flush in ways most men don't even bother dreaming of. Money, it was like dirt to me

Posted Images

Off to Mexico for some sun, golf and a little tequila:tequilaco5.jpgPeace
Buenos dias, senor. drink some cervesos or whatever for us.__________Toward the end of Sunday service, the Minister asked, 'How many of you have forgiven your enemies?'80% held up their hands.The Minister then repeated his question. All responded this time, except one small elderly lady.'Miss Joyce''; 'Are you not willing to forgive your enemies?'I don't have any.' She replied, smiling sweetly.'Miss Joyce', that is very unusual. How old are you?''Ninety-eight.' she replied.'Oh, Miss. Joyce, would you please come down in front & tell us all how a person can live ninety-eight years & not have an enemy in the world?'The little sweetheart of a lady tottered down the aisle, faced the congregation, and said:'I outlived the bitches.'
This guy sitting next to me is not wearing shoes or socks. In the corner of my eye I can see his bare, dirty feet. Why does he think that is acceptable? This isn't the beach, it's a classroom. God I hate hippies.
ehf why pea
Then the ATT sales douche came in. He came in happy talking about how cold it is and then left angry and me chuckling. I won't bore you with that story, he just tried to act like he was our ATT rep but I kept asking him things our rep would know, like the name of the person that actually receives the bill and pays it, but he never had an answer. It was obvious since the bill and the person on the account doesn't live nor work within 60 miles of this place. Turned out that all the stories he gave me about how we were spending too much on our bill and our plan lapsed and we were paying per call was not true as my boss said he re did the ATT plan with our actual rep after new years.
So yesterday my boss was in picking up rent and paying me and I asked him jokingly if he got a hold of Ryan the ATT Douche and he laughed and acted all upset and then asked for the phone and his number and called him. I told him not to but he wanted to so what can I do. He gets his voicemail and leaves the following message said it a very corny excited sarcastic tone that Ryan clearly didn't catch.Boss: Hey Ryan, Steve tells me you were in the other day and you said I am paying too much and you can save me bunches and bunches of money. That sounds awesome. Call me back at (and he gives him the office number at which time I give him a WTF look) and just give steve the numbers and he will pass them along and if they are as awesome as you make them sound I will get in touch with you. Thanks!So we are discussing the merits of Grey's Anatomy ( I hate it) when the phone rings and it's Ryan. He tells me that my boss just called him and that he was to get a hold of me to set up an appointment to go over the numbers. As we are setting the day and time (Friday at 10:30am) I am flipping off my boss. I tell my boss and he just laughs and didn't know it would result in a grand meeting to tell me how much this kid is going to save us.So I leave for work tired and annoyed about the meeting but then there was the huge police chase that closed down the freeway and I end up getting stuck in it and am not in till 11pm. Sadly I come in to find out that he has not yet shown up but minutes later he pulls in and he has a partner with him. DAMMITI could make this post one of my longest as it was a long meeting that ended up with him and his butt buddy leaving angry and me laughing as they left. I will try and be as brief as possible but this was by far the best meeting I have ever had with anyone, even the crazy lady who though terrorists lived above her.He walks in and asks for a bill. I have no bill, he never said he had to have a bill. But he does. I ask him about how he came in and said that we were paying so much money and how would he know that if he doesn't know how much we pay. He says by law he is not allowed to see the amount we pay unless we show it or give him permission to go to ATT and get. Hmmm, so you lied. Got it. I of course knew he was that day and I didn't call him out on it.So he calls ATT to get me to approve him knowing the details of our account. While he is doing that his butt buddy is making small talk with me about the weather, how my office is cold and about the big police chase down the street. After small talk is done I start looking over email and such and he pulls out his phone and starts snapping pics of himself at different angles. Okay, got ourselves some real professionals here. Who goes to a meeting, a sales meeting and starts playing with their camera phone? So that clues me in on what I will be dealing with.Ryan, still on hold, asks where a certain city is an how far is it from here. The city he asks about is the city my boss lives but he thinks where the main company is located. I tell him how far and that he best not be thinking of going there as it is a residential address and going to his house will not bode well for him or ATT. He finally gets off the phone with ATT and says, "I can save you $17 and you are probably paying $80 for your DSL and I can bring that down to $30 since you don't use ATT for that, so get your boss on the phone and let's do this!"First off I explain, we do have ATT DSL. No we must have Comcast. Well no, since comcast doesn't do DSL. Picture guy says that the modem we have is not used by ATT anymore. I explain that this is the modem that we have used here over 4 years when we got the DSL so yeah, whatever. Who cares. Let's move on. Me: I am not calling my boss, that was not the deal.Ryan: Why not.Me: My boss told you to pass the info to me and I am too pass it off to him.Ryan: you're boss called me and said...Me: I know what he said, he was sitting in the same chair you were sitting in when he called you. He told you to give me the info and said I would pass them along to him and then if he likes it he will get a hold of you.Ryan: why can't you just call himMe: one because I have no reason to and two because it's Friday and he is unavailable on Fridays.Ryan: Why, what is he doing?Me: ummm, (no a little annoyed) that's pretty much none of your business. Ryan: (laughs like a douche) yea, okay so what was the point of me coming out here...Me: To give me the info on how great a deal you had for usRyan: I need this signed and approved today...Butt Buddy: this special ends at the end of business todayMe: haha, so ATT will now double it's prices on Monday, haha Ryan: Well no, but specials change all the time. We need to get this deal done nowMe: Heh, well that wasn't too smart waiting till the final moment to make this sale thenRyan: This is not a sale and I contacted you about this last week and you wouldn't let me talk to himMe: Last week? Wednesday was not last week, it was 2 days ago. My boss got a hold of you less than 24 hours later and here we are and you are telling me we have 6 hours to get this done. Not going to happen.Ryan: well you just sign it. Me: I don't have the ability to approve it.Ryan: ha gave you permission, he said so when he called meMe: no he didn't, he told you that you could explain it all to me, he authorized me to discuss it with you not sign and approve anything and to be honest, you haven't presented me with anything but $17. Ryan: (getting frustrated) just call himMe: What is your problem? Seriously.Ryan: nothing I just want to get this doneMe: well it won't get done today obv, so...Ryan: I did the church down the street and the nun just signed it and she wasn't the boss. Me: good for the nun, what does that have anything to do with this. What is your problem.Ryan: When is he going to get this info...Me: soon as you are done explaining it all to me, I will email him and fax him over anything in writing you give me.Ryan: then whatMe: then him or I will get in contact with you if we want to go that route...what is your problem?Ryan: why can't you just call himMe: seriously? what is so hard to understand about this. Let me explain to you my job and go over what he already told you. My job is the middle man. I am here to listen to proposals about roofing, cleaning, phones, cable, painters, flooring. My job is to sit in meetings and take notes and discuss our concerns and then report back to the man in charge. He doesn't want to sit in these meetings all day, that is why he has me, I am his associate. It's very common do speak to a middle man when you are trying to sell something. He doesn't want to talk to you, he wants you to give me the run down and then I am to go to him and inform him of everything and then we will talk and make a decision. He will then ignore it or he will call you and approve it or he will have me call you and he will give me the ability to sign and approve it. It's really quite simple. I don't understand what your problem is. You have explained nothing to me but all you want to do is have me call him. I am not going to call him. Would you like to bring your chair over and watch me email him? Would that make you happy?Ryan: I am just not coming all the way back out here, I need the deal done today.Me: Oh, so it's now or never. Okay, bye. Ryan: I don't see why you are passing up this deal. Me: I am not passing up the deal, you are. I have yet to hear the deal, except about $17 and you think we pay $80 for DSL which is just your assumption. But telling me that you have no desire to come back out and finish the deal if my boss accepts, well then you made that decision, bye. We can just call ATT and redo our service. Ryan: if you call your boss and tell him I am going to save him $17 he will be very happy with you. Butt Buddy: You can't get this same deal by calling ATT, this is a special offer from us. Me: you think? I am not calling him. leave the info and I will pass it along. He gets up and just throws the paper on my desk and they walk out and I am just laughing. He is not very good at being a salesman. He lies too much and doesn't keep his stories straight.I have meetings like this all the time and this is the first one that the person didn't understand how it works. I had two meetings this week already with a roofer and the floor covering company. They know my boss makes the final decision but they know they have to go through me to get the info to him and they never have had any issue with it. I have tried calling my boss but he is not available, probably because he doesn't work on Fridays. lolSorry that was long but I like it and now I can come back and reminisce about it. Not like you have anything better to do.
This guy sitting next to me is not wearing shoes or socks. In the corner of my eye I can see his bare, dirty feet. Why does he think that is acceptable? This isn't the beach, it's a classroom. God I hate people.
Cal had the Naked Guy who would go to class not wearing anything so it could be worse
I know, sorry, I got carried away. I don't have this much excitement in my life so I get overzealous when something somewhat interesting happens.
I enjoyed it, but I'm bored at work. SH!T I'm in the WRONG THREAD AGAIN!

Update:So I emailed my boss and he just responded. He was a little confused. I told him the story and then told him what was on the bid he left. The bid states what we currently pay for local,long distance, features, and HSI. My boss send me a pdf of his last phone bill and none of it adds up. and interestingly enough, on the bill, ATT High-Speed Internet $29.99.To give more detail, Ryan the douche says we pay $85.52/mo for local/long distance/features. He can get us to $68 and $30 for internet since we don't use ATT. We paid $70.xx last month for local/long distance/features and internet.LOL

Update:So I emailed my boss and he just responded. He was a little confused. I told him the story and then told him what was on the bid he left. The bid states what we currently pay for local,long distance, features, and HSI. My boss send me a pdf of his last phone bill and none of it adds up. and interestingly enough, on the bill, ATT High-Speed Internet $29.99.To give more detail, Ryan the douche says we pay $85.52/mo for local/long distance/features. He can get us to $68 and $30 for internet since we don't use ATT. We paid $70.xx last month for local/long distance/features and internet.LOL
people are such dickheads.
This guy sitting next to me is not wearing shoes or socks. In the corner of my eye I can see his bare, dirty feet. Why does he think that is acceptable? This isn't the beach, it's a classroom. God I hate people.
I wear sandals to class whenever it's warm enough to do so, and I usually slip my feet out of them as soon as I sit down. But, then again, my feet are clean and beautiful. And, then again again, like this guy, I couldn't care less if my feet bother someone. Unless they smelled, which wouldn't be cool.
I wear sandals to class whenever it's warm enough to do so, and I usually slip my feet out of them as soon as I sit down. But, then again, my feet are clean and beautiful. And, then again again, like this guy, I couldn't care less if my feet bother someone. Unless they smelled, which wouldn't be cool.
I have hobbit feet. Gotta have the socks to wear sandals.
You and me both sister, you and me both
Oh, you're that guy.Well, if we hang out sometime, would you please wear shoes and socks? For me? I'll buy most of the drinks.

I got talked into watching The Biggest Losers this season and boy oh boy do I hate those fat people. I thought they were supposed to be jolly but all they do is cry, ALL THE TIME. I'm invested so I have to stick this season out, but I won't be watching again.I had a point..Oh yeah, so I was at the gym tonight, doing my "last chance workout" (that's what the show calls it, the last workout before weigh in) and I did 40 minutes of cardio and was quitting at 45 to do a leg workout, but then it happened, the first gurgle. I got off the bike, paused for a second, then realized that I had to go home. Those damn FiberOne bars do it to me every time. I didn't crap myself or anything, but it woulda got hairy if I stayed and tried to workout. And I certainly wouldn't poop there. It's very liquidy. Here's hoping for a strong weigh in tomorrow.Now I'm off to the dog track to play some poker, or, $100 max buy in 1/2 NL cards. I'd hardly call that poker. We'll try though. It's chips, felt and squeezing some cards.

I actually had a similar experience today that I forgot to post about. let's just say that if you have a muscle milk that is six months past its date, don't drink it.
How about protein powder that is past its due date. I have heard it both ways, can I still use this?