I Called In Sick Today

i've grown lazy in my old age so i'm just in it for me. we can boogie nights it in my car with you as my personal coked out dirk diggler. but i want constant eye contact while you stroke it.

• Replies 268k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ron_Mexico

• speedz99

• Napa Lite

• ShakeZuma

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If you are paying $20 for a haircut, I imagine people assume you did it yourself anyway.

and after 3 days, he is risen!

Pocket change cost me my first and only black girlfriend.   It was in the middle of a roaring poker boom and I was flush in ways most men don't even bother dreaming of. Money, it was like dirt to me

Posted Images

I think it's also super weird that you were in on that comment 6 mins after MissIdaho posted it.  That's actually amazing.

https://www.acpjournals.org/doi/10.7326/M20-6817?fbclid=IwAR3Uh1G2S6GWSv491K6al80SZSzkQ7GZYWcRCoeds5utVahqkfzdhiiEJmY

"Although the difference observed was not statistically significant, the 95% CIs are compatible with a 46% reduction to a 23% increase in infection."

Our testing capabilities are just not where they should be, eight months into this. I think the accuracy of our diagnostics are part of why so many people are skeptical about the case numbers.

The spike is real, I’m convinced of that. I just see it as a sign of fatigue with restrictions in the face of an ever declining mortality rate. It just goes back to the complete lack of upside for the younger, healthy demographic.  

I am a little irritated because I had plans with a new girl this weekend, and I’m pretty sure it’s off now that indoor dining is shut down. We were mulling the idea of doing thanksgiving since neither of us will be traveling to see family. Hard to meet up for the first time at her place - I’m not worried about it of course, but she understandably is. 

Yeah plenty of stories of people still not being able to get tested in a timely fashion. But even acknowledging that, it’s hard to look at hospital occupancy rates and say that everything’s going great. In Minnesota, and I’m sure lots of other places, one of the biggest things we’re running into now is being able to staff hospitals. The press conference yesterday showed literally 10’s of ICU beds available in the cities and having to move patients around the state, for covid and otherwise.  It’s crazy. We’re going back into a pretty tight lockdown tonight.

I’ve already told my family I won’t be coming back home for any holidays this year, which is sort of a silver lining for me. 

Do we even know how many people have had it at this point?  Is there a sampling method that can accurately capture what percentage has already had it?  Is there a test that can account for the decline in antibodies over time (say, if the person had it 6+ months ago)?  I ask this because I've seen dramatically different numbers.  I really just want to know how much further vaccination needs to take us before life can go back to normal.

I assume I’ve only seen the same numbers you have about % infected.   I would guess we have the majority of people vaccinated by end of Q2 next year based on the estimates I’ve seen on when enough will be ready, assuming most people actually get the vaccine. 

Somewhat related, MN is offering free at home spit tests to everybody in state and they said if you’re 18-35 please get tested enough if you don’t have symptoms, so I ordered one and it just arrived. I’ll have to setup a zoom call with a nurse to have them watch me while I spit in the cup though. I’ve had what I assume is a lingering cold for the last week but I don’t think I actually have covid since I rarely ever go out and if I do it’s with an N95 mask on and I distance as much as I can. 

I don't know where you ****s get your podcasts, but should you be incredibly bored, I've been doing a music one for the last couple months with some friends. Most reviews range from "not bad" to "okay," including one friend calling me "surprisingly tolerable."

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/yes-this-is-podcast/id1531815557

its on most other platforms as well, near the top of the "yes this is podcast" query.

We're doing some Talking Heads tomorrow night.

• Like 1

So, I ended up doing coffee with the new girl, then dinner, and we have plans for thanksgiving. I think it’ll be fun for the day, and I bought a really nice dinner for two, but she lives an hour away, and I am realizing how much that would suck. I’m not going to string her along, just making good on an idea I floated before we met.

My ex, the really attractive Asian one, texts me out of the blue late Saturday. Tells me, “hey, just in case you see, I’m turning on Match again, looking for friends now that I’m done being busy for the semester.” I told her, “turn it off, let’s hang out tonight. If you want a boyfriend, you should do that, but if you just want a friend, I don’t know why it wouldn’t be me.” It was apparently the answer she was looking for. Or I just didn’t give a blatantly wrong answer. 

• Like 1

bang buddy.

People are so desperate to feel...not unhappy(?) that the radios stations here have already been playing Christmas music for the last week or so. We're not even through November and I've already lost Whamageddon

2 hours ago, InternetExplorer said:

We had a sesh over lunch today, and she said something like, “can I just text “BC” to you next time?”

She is so damn hot. I don’t know what she’s doing. 

Bring C0ck?

Bang Cnut?

23 hours ago, hank213 said:

We're not even through November and I've already lost Whamageddon

Huh. First I'm hearing of this. Also, there was a radio station playing Christmas songs like 2-3 weeks ago here.

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/christmas-music-season-data/