I Called In Sick Today

23 hours ago, hank213 said:

Finally pulled the trigger and ordered a Herman Miller Aeron but who knows when it will ship. 

It don't care how much it costs, you are going to need to throw out those casters when you get it and get these:

https://smile.amazon.com/STEALTHO-Replacement-Office-Caster-Wheels/dp/B07KSF11X6/ref=sr_1_9?dchild=1&keywords=rollerblade+wheels+for+office+chair&qid=1607479106&sa-no-redirect=1&sr=8-9

Best thing I've ever purchased.  I've talked about 20 people at work into replacing their wheels.  Everyone loves them.  The brand doesn't even matter.  Rollerblade wheels are where it's at.

• Replies 268k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ron_Mexico

• speedz99

• Napa Lite

• ShakeZuma

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If you are paying $20 for a haircut, I imagine people assume you did it yourself anyway.

and after 3 days, he is risen!

Pocket change cost me my first and only black girlfriend.   It was in the middle of a roaring poker boom and I was flush in ways most men don't even bother dreaming of. Money, it was like dirt to me

Posted Images

7 hours ago, InternetExplorer said:

"no, this is an oversight, you will be moved up to 15%.  I'll take care of it."

I'm so happy right now!

43 minutes ago, brvheart said:

I'm so happy right now!

We will see how it goes. The HR person is not gonna be happy, nor will my former boss, the CFO. So at the very least there will be relationship damage, but I don’t know what I’m supposed to do here, with them being so invested in keeping me down at the lower rank. The HR person is also the same one who repeatedly threw up roadblocks to me taking my old office back. It’s just so petty.

I am relieved with the outcome but tired of having to fight. 

I think I upgraded mine as well. The dual function hardwood or carpet quiet ones.

I think I skipped the silver frame upgrade, everything else I opted for. I don’t see the wisdom in spending that much on the base product and not doing the upgrades.

I bought a really nice five shelf rack for my closet at Walmart today. 350lb per shelf, perfect height/width/depth for the space, $40 out the door. Oh my god the difference it made for the space. I need to watch Marie Kondo clearly. 

• Like 1

Yep, I sprung for all the functional upgrades but didn’t go for the purely aesthetic ones. 

Congrats on the shelf. My closet is narrow and longer and the door is all the way to one side. I feel like I’m wasting so much space in there but I’m not sure how else to organize it and haven’t had much luck finding similar layouts online. 

edit: to be clear I got a killer deal on my chair. I think it ended up being 30-40% off from regular price due to some stacking discounts. I don’t think I could have spent full retail on a chair. 

Yeah, I still have another closet I need to figure out how to organize. The stupid flimsy white organizer things are awkwardly placed. I’m one person. I don’t know how this would have worked if there were a girl in the mix.

Speaking of that, I paid one of my friends to take pictures of me last weekend. They look fantastic, if a little astroturf, but I don’t have a solution for that with everything being closed. I threw them on my profiles and got an immediate increase in likes/matches. It’s obvious that I should have done this a long time ago.

Ex is freed up for a while starting on the 11th. I have only texted her once or twice since we hooked up a few weeks ago, so we might not even be on, I don’t know. If we are on, I’m gonna go for twice or more per day. I probably won’t get there. 

Trump offering to take the vaccine to convince the 42% who inexplicably don’t want to take it.. a rare good move. One of the first comments was “wasting a dose on a person who has already had it.” Hard to believe there are people out there who can’t see the big picture win. Or, you know, they understand and just hate Trump.

I am one of the people who doesn’t necessarily want to immediately take it, but if there’s a way to prove I haven’t had it, I’m probably on board in a few months. 

I would guess the majority of Dems would approve much like they’ve been begging him to come out more strongly and consistently about wearing a mask and social distancing. 

Now do I think he’s doing it for anything other than his own gain?  No. But that doesn’t really matter. 

Ill get a shot as soon as I can. Which probably won’t be until February/March anyways. Millions will have been vaccinated by then and I’m not not going to get it so, as long as people don’t start dropping dead within months I don’t think they’ll discover any possible long term effects in the near future so might as well get it ASAP. That’s my thinking at least. 

• Like 1

Dems should absolutely be in support of the symbolic move by Trump, and they're not, because he's Trump.

And that's why he's an atrocious leader.  His style works when he signs everyone's paycheck.  Doesn't work as CEO of a political system with a few remaining checks and balances.

I'm sure I won't get the vaccine right away.  If it's required for international travel I will, but if it's not, then I won't get it.  I love vaccines, but this particular disease isn't worth hassling with for me; much like I never get flu shots, but have always gotten a Tetanus shot.  Of the 2.7 million Americans that have died this year, only 260 thousand have been involving COVID, with like 92% of those being over 70 years old.  Those don't feel like odds I need to be overly concerned about.

yah, can't agree with Brvy since Covid is about a lot more than death, plus the whole not making other people sick when you do. 

I was at Plastic Surgeon this morning having some skin cancer chopped off my face and had a pretty good conversation with the Doctor who was assisting the surgeon. He's also an emergency room doctor and he's scheduled to get the Pfizer vaccine in 3 weeks. They aren't going to give the Pfizer one to the people in nursing homes because of the extra cold storage you need for that one so you have to bring people to it. The Moderna vaccine they'll be able to take to the nursing homes and vaccinate them there.

I'll probably be in the priority group after the front line medical people and most vulnerable extra old people because I have a lowered immune system and I'll get it as soon as available.

• Like 1

I’m going to get the vaccine, and I’m going to fly to all the places, and do all the stuff.

Talking to a few girls right now, one of which is very cute and wants to do dinner soon. Surprisingly haven’t heard from the ex, not sure what’s going on there, but it doesn’t seem like that is going to be continuing for much longer anyway, since I’m not gonna be with two girls at once.

The new photos just made everything dramatically easier. I’m more confident of course, but they are of me in good clothes, and in surroundings showing that I have a good standard of living. Had a ton of success on Bumble and a little on Hinge. 

Thank goodness Trump is out of office now.  "Scientists" can start telling the truth again.

https://www.ama-assn.org/system/files/2020-10/nov20-handbook-addendum.pdf

Top of Page 18:

"RESOLVED, That our American Medical Association rescind its statement calling for physicians 5 to stop prescribing hydroxychloroquine and chloroquine until sufficient evidence becomes 6 available to conclusively illustrate that the harm associated with use outweighs benefit early in 7 the disease course. Implying that such treatment is inappropriate contradicts AMA Policy 8 H-120.988, “Patient Access to Treatments Prescribed by Their Physicians,” that addresses off 9 label prescriptions as appropriate in the judgement of the prescribing physician (Directive to 10 Take Action);

Both of my parents are in their 80's and both just got rona.  It's a blessing in disguise because now I can go home for Christmas since they won't be able to get it again so soon.

Thanks Naps.  So far so good.  Dad has had it more than 10 days and his symptoms have been minimal.  No coughing, O2 levels good.  My mom went to the hospital and got the current drug treatment (maybe Remdesivir?).  She was back home the same day.  She has been nauseous and really tired, but seems to be pulling through ok.  She's had it almost 10 days.

• Like 1

Update on parents Brv?

Ex ghosted me pretty hard after her break started. I finally just called and asked if she was okay. She texts back, “I don’t think we can just be friends.” So that’s done. I blocked and deleted everything to avoid being tempted the next time she reaches out.

Had a good date last night at a nice steakhouse. Somehow we spent $220. Conversation was good, she’s nice, and I think she’s cute. We are going to do something at her place next weekend.

Doing a video call with another girl tonight. Chiropractor, very cute. I just put up a new TV and I’m gonna say something about maybe needing her to look at my back. Heyoo 

The call was a bad idea.  If someone ain’t calling, let it go.  

dating is so expensive.  It’s the only part I don’t miss.  New hand down your pants makes it tolerable 

• Like 1

She had done this ghosting periodically when we were breaking up before, then I’d get a random text a week later, we’d hook up, and off we go again. I feel way better about it all now that it’s official and done.

I have yet to ghost anyone, don’t see the scenario where I would. This girl at work was telling me, she matched with a guy, had a call set up, and compared notes with her friend. Finds out that her friend had done a call with the guy, had a date set, and he stood her up and completely ghosted without warning.

So she connected the dots for him as to why you shouldn’t do that. Guy in his early 30s, embarrassing behavior.

Yeah, dating is expensive AF, but I’m having fun. She was super happy and genuinely appreciative. I could have just picked a less nice place, but I was itching for a reason to go back to this one. 

How do video dates usually go for a you?  I’ve been chatting with a girl for a few days now. Some sort of date is the next logical step. I just worry about being able to keep the convo flowing over video. You also seem to be way less worried about covid than I am but I don’t think we can even do indoor dining right now anyways, so, meh. 

I usually don't let the chatting go for more than 5-6 messages before trying to set up a video call.  I only see downside in letting the chatting go longer, because eventually she's gonna lose interest.  I don't think the ask is ever unwelcome, as long as it's not pressuring or anything, because you know she's interested (otherwise there never would have been an initial response from her).

I usually just have a bourbon or whatever before, and then a drink during, and the conversation sort of takes care of itself.  I re-read the profile and come up with stuff to seed the discussion, which is really just to show that I have been thinking about what they wrote.  Usually girls are pretty good about keeping things going, but sometimes it's on me to ask good questions and riff on what they're saying with a dad joke, etc.  I'm so much better at it now compared to when I first started, and I'm still noticing places where I could have been better.  Just a thing that gets better and feels natural with practice.