I Called In Sick Today

5 hours ago, Theraflu said:

Edited:

It doesn't matter. I'm outtie. 

An exchange of ideas ALWAYS matters.  You should stay.  You are an important voice here!

• Replies 268k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ron_Mexico

• speedz99

• Napa Lite

• ShakeZuma

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If you are paying $20 for a haircut, I imagine people assume you did it yourself anyway.

and after 3 days, he is risen!

Pocket change cost me my first and only black girlfriend.   It was in the middle of a roaring poker boom and I was flush in ways most men don't even bother dreaming of. Money, it was like dirt to me

Posted Images

On 1/25/2021 at 6:37 AM, Theraflu said:

Sorry. I asked you a question, and you added 3 straw men that had nothing to do with my question, so I didn't see much point in continuing. 

Apologies for the ad-laden UK style, but: https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-election-2020/oeffler-perdue-georgia-warnock-ossoff-racist-b1782595.html

no, i simply pointed out what would be the mirrored opposite of current dem politicians talking points - adding DC and PR as states to ensure a majority. Cocaine Mitch did not advocate for that and therefore he has not done anything to the level of what the dems are floating now. luckily a few non communists still reside in that party and are holding them back for now, but the inevitable result is the end of the filibuster on all legislation at some point. which is a damn shame. 

On 1/26/2021 at 11:27 AM, brvheart said:

I'M SO SURPRISED THAT EVERYTHING IS HAPPENING EXACTLY AS PREDICTED:

California:  https://www.cbsnews.com/news/california-covid-stay-at-home-order-lifted/

come on now brvy, joey biden has really changed everything in the last week. the virus was always going to be managed by a democrat and mismanaged by a republican - ITS SCIENCE according to the unbiased media. 

23 hours ago, brvheart said:

I don't understand what this has to do with anything Suited said.  Everyone would agree that blatant racism is bad and if those ad companies did that on purpose that that would be wrong.  If the GOP people actually asked the ad companies to do that, and it wasn't an accidental on-the-fly shadow or contrast level choice by the editor, then that would be horrific and would have certainly been leaked by someone at the ad company.  In fact, those instructions given directly from the campaign would still be leaked, because that would mean that those people would never work in government again.  The article you linked was short on proof of intention and long on speculation.

But again, Suited never said that racism didn't exist.  His point was that democrats blast every opinion they don't like with the racism gun.

it didnt have anything to do with what i said or the general point i was making, which he only reinforced. democrats only move is to call anyone who disagrees with them a nazi. whether they do it because they believe that or because they know that when you label someone a nazi, or a danger to safety of all people, you can then exert force on them that exceeds the law.  

20 hours ago, Theraflu said:

Edited:

It doesn't matter. I'm outtie. 

this is the expected response when you have no facts, only feelings.  

14 hours ago, brvheart said:

An exchange of ideas ALWAYS matters.  You should stay.  You are an important voice here!

you sound like a classic liberal, wish we had more of those. 

14 hours ago, brvheart said:

Suited, did you see Rand Paul's speech on the floor?

i saw parts of it. he made a lot of good points, but the truth doesn't matter anymore.  

on another note:  i am going to wear 7 masks today though. fauci says its best that i do it and i always do what facui says. when he told me masks dont really work i believed him, and now when he says we need them i believe him. i wonder what i'll believe tomorrow. guess i'll know when he tells me. and that is comforting. he's like my big brother, always there to tell me what is okay and how i should think about things. very helpful indeed my big brother anthony. i love him. 

3 hours ago, SuitedAces21 said: 

this is the expected response when you have no facts, only feelings.  

Or...it’s likely that he simply doesn’t have time to point out all of the ways in which you are a f*cking imbecile.

• Haha 1

WTH!  King Tanner liked vb's post?  I'm now starting to think that this forum is just me and one guy with 100 different accounts.

2 hours ago, brvheart said:

WTH!  King Tanner liked vb's post?  I'm now starting to think that this forum is just me and one guy with 100 different accounts.

I don’t care for this accusation 

On 1/28/2021 at 11:29 AM, brvheart said:

It's probably gonna be soon. 

• Like 2
On 1/29/2021 at 6:17 PM, vbnautilus said:

I'm listening... 

What is your current stance on man-made climate change.  Do you have anything for me to read about your position?

What's your current position on gender issues?  From a scientific position what is your stance on biological men competing in women's sports?

What is your current position on homosexuality and if it's more genetic or environmental?  Again, I'm just wondering from a scientific position.  I'm not talking about rights.

7 hours ago, brvheart said:

What is your current stance on man-made climate change.  Do you have anything for me to read about your position?

Is this something people still have different stances on? 

What's your current position on gender issues?  From a scientific position what is your stance on biological men competing in women's sports?

Well that's a can of worms.  

Sexual dimorphism is real, and while there is some gradation in sexual characteristics, the fact of differences between male and female are ubiquitous across nature. Gender on the other hand is a social construct that is only loosely based on sex, so that's free to change with culture. 

Sports competitions are segregated by sex due to the physical differences between men and women. If a person changes their gender, without changing those physical differences that come from their sex, that doesn't seem fair to the competition. On the other hand, if someone exists in a sexual gray area the system can certainly be unfair to them. It's difficult but interesting that sporting competitions are being forced to define sex in ways that scientists never have had to (testosterone levels, e.g.). It's not going to be easy. 

What is your current position on homosexuality and if it's more genetic or environmental?  Again, I'm just wondering from a scientific position.  I'm not talking about rights.

Like any complex characteristic it's both. There are genetic, biological, experiential, social, and cultural factors that all interact to produce the phenomenon. The data data seem to show that it's about 1/3 genetic, 2/3 non-genetic. Non-genetic includes epigenetic factors, early biological factors (e.g. hormone levels in the womb), and experience. 

• Like 1
21 hours ago, vbnautilus said:

Sports competitions are segregated by sex due to the physical differences between men and women. If a person changes their gender, without changing those physical differences that come from their sex, that doesn't seem fair to the competition. On the other hand, if someone exists in a sexual gray area the system can certainly be unfair to them. It's difficult but interesting that sporting competitions are being forced to define sex in ways that scientists never have had to (testosterone levels, e.g.). It's not going to be easy. 

it seems pretty easy to me. if you were born a man, you play against men. women against women. it's just crazy enough to work. 

13 hours ago, SuitedAces21 said:

it seems pretty easy to me. if you were born a man, you play against men. women against women. it's just crazy enough to work. 

But because we’re dealing with gray area cases, even this is not simple. You’re going to have to define “born a man” more precisely. Does that just mean assigned gender at birth? If that’s the case you’re going to have some people with Y chromosomes competing in your women’s race.

Take 5-alpha-reductase deficiency for example. They are usually “born women” because their external genitalia isn’t masculinized, or is ambiguous, (at least until they are 12-13 when puberty hits). According to your rule, you’re now going to have someone who was born a woman, but who as an adult has most of the sexual characteristics of a man, in the woman’s race. 

If you instead decide you are going to decide based on a genetic test at the time of the race, you’re just going to be subject to different exceptions that you don’t want, because there are cases where the genetics and the phenotypes diverge. 

On 1/31/2021 at 10:34 PM, vbnautilus said:

Is this something people still have different stances on? 

Of course!  Not climate changing, nobody is disagreeing with that.  But how much man is causing the change is definitely up for debate.  (Considering relatively recently the Earth was 25 degree Celsius warmer.  (10-25 million years ago))  I was just wondering if you had read anything recently that talked about that.

If you want a non-snarky answer (seems like much less fun), a friend of mine's recent work was covered here: 

https://news.usc.edu/124797/scientists-have-more-data-to-back-their-findings-the-earth-is-getting-warmer/

I'm really not sure what your doubts are; I don't really agree this is a matter of much debate, but if you think human activity cannot affect the climate and therefore we shouldn't change our greenhouse emissions that's going to be a pretty hard position to support. 

• Like 1
13 hours ago, vbnautilus said:

But because we’re dealing with gray area cases, even this is not simple. You’re going to have to define “born a man” more precisely. Does that just mean assigned gender at birth? If that’s the case you’re going to have some people with Y chromosomes competing in your women’s race.

Take 5-alpha-reductase deficiency for example. They are usually “born women” because their external genitalia isn’t masculinized, or is ambiguous, (at least until they are 12-13 when puberty hits). According to your rule, you’re now going to have someone who was born a woman, but who as an adult has most of the sexual characteristics of a man, in the woman’s race. 

If you instead decide you are going to decide based on a genetic test at the time of the race, you’re just going to be subject to different exceptions that you don’t want, because there are cases where the genetics and the phenotypes diverge. 

what is the prevalence of these truly gray area cases cause by genetic or biological from birth differences?  and how many of those cases are competing in sports and gaining advantage so serious the competition is disrupted?  

the controversy is not about the one in whatever number of people have 5-alpha-reductase deficiency, it's about preventing johnny who becomes sally at age 15 and starts dominating the races.  we shouldn't abandon women's sports in the name of being politically correct. 

the answer to this problem is easy - common sense. the people who are gaming the system, even if they are doing it because they truly believe they are a woman, have to be prevented from competing. sucks but that's life, you don't get special treatment because you think you were born in the wrong body.