unofficial: what do you "dislike" most about fcp?

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Almost all of you. But what I hate most is the page full of responses to every post that someone mentioned earlier, the one with the list. Responding to these posts not only ups the thread but shows how much of a dick you are for replying. Those responses are rarely justified. Who cares if it's a newb post. Oh and I hate the word 'newb'. I hate when people, overly sensitive to the responses I mentioned above, state in their thread, 'this will get flamed but...'.I hate the word flamed. I hate s/w and any other internet shortform pretty much. I'd say 80% of the posts on this site are ridiculously unnecessary and retarded.

Almost all of you. But what I hate most is the page full of responses to every post that someone mentioned earlier, the one with the list. Responding to these posts not only ups the thread but shows how much of a dick you are for replying. Those responses are rarely justified. Who cares if it's a newb post. Oh and I hate the word 'newb'. I hate when people, overly sensitive to the responses I mentioned above, state in their thread, 'this will get flamed but...'.I hate the word flamed. I hate s/w and any other internet shortform pretty much. I'd say 80% of the posts on this site are ridiculously unnecessary and retarded.
shut up newb. hehe
shut up newb. hehe
OO yea that is another thing I hate, the guy that took home 36k :club: nice work btw
shut up newb. hehe
OO yea that is another thing I hate, the guy that took home 36k :club: nice work btw
haha..ty ty

Here's what I don't like about this forum:- People who seem to flame almost every post without even looking at it.- People who turn threads into personal side discussions that have nothing to do with poker or the OP.- People who make no attempt at forming coherent sentences or paragraphs.- The "most recent messages" box on the front page should include messages from all the forums, and not just "general poker". At is it right now, it discourages people from reading and responding to messages in other fora, and thus encourages people to just post everything in "general poker".

- The "most recent messages" box on the front page should include messages from all the forums, and not just "general poker". At is it right now, it discourages people from reading and responding to messages in other fora, and thus encourages people to just post everything in "general poker".
that's a good thing.Trust me.

MikeR wrote:

2. Lack of moderation. Halfway through a post on an internet pro a twenty-four post discussion on the max bets in PL at the big game will break out that have nothing to do with the topic. Moderators should delete these or break them off into a new thread
Mike... if you strongly feel a post should be split, please send a PM to one of the mods and I am sure we will be happy to split it.I can say that I read threads that go off in a completely different direction (actually, most do that are in General and Off Topic). I usually leave them alone because it usually seems like the conversation evolved (or oftentimes regresses) but there is a lot of activity and the discussion is lively.Remember, most of the mods are new and and some of us are just learning ourselves. (OK... I confess... I am the one who is learning.)Anyway... My PERSONAL Pet Peeves...I don't like the word Hate in the title of a threadI don't like it when people by-pass the language filter... I wish people would be more creative and use the Thesaurus to find a better word to useI don't like it when people do not use paragraphsI don't like it when someone post a hand history that is a page long and ask if it is funny and everyone replies and I have no clue what they are talking about because I can not follow. I need simple: I have this and they had this and this happened on each street. I need words, not shorthand from the dealer summary! :)I don't like the word flame or attacks against posters. Criticize the content of the post. I love a good debate. But the sticks and stones thing is very adolescent.Anyway... even with those things I listed above, I love FCP. All of the good on FCP way outweighs any of the little annoyances. :club:
Here's what I don't like about this forum:- People who seem to flame almost every post without even looking at it.- People who turn threads into personal side discussions that have nothing to do with poker or the OP.- People who make no attempt at forming coherent sentences or paragraphs.- The "most recent messages" box on the front page should include messages from all the forums, and not just "general poker". At is it right now, it discourages people from reading and responding to messages in other fora, and thus encourages people to just post everything in "general poker".
censored u Nik!!!By da wayy, Did ne1 sees that l8est Familee Giy upisode lest nght it wuz sweeeeet and relly funy n stuf
By da wayy, Did ne1 sees that l8est Familee Giy upisode lest nght it wuz sweeeeet and relly funy n stuf
Ya man, that was hilarious....immediatly added a quote from it to my sig.
I don't like it when people by-pass the language filter... I wish people would be more creative and use the Thesaurus to find a better word to use
the censors, I think theyre stupid...we talk about gambling, we're all old enough to say fck and stuff. so why have censors? i dont get it.
I agree. What is the point of the censors?I understand if a curse word is directed AT a personor something, but if it's used simply as a matterof conversation (ie. can you f*ckin believe he called)then really, who cares?Welcome to poker. People curse. People drink. We're all adults. Who f*cking cares if we curse??(and yes, I know how to by-pass the filter, but whystir the pot?! ...lol)
I'd say 100% of my posts on this site are ridiculously unnecessary and retarded.
Nice. YOU KNOW GUYS, I DECIDED THAT I REALLY DISLIKE WHEN PEOPLE TYPE IN ALL CAPS. IT MAKES ME THINK THEY ARE YELLING, AND I AM HUNG OVER THIS MORNING. Whoa, that's better. See?One last thing. I can't stand people on this forum who flame others, but can't use the correct form of their, or can't spell period.

I dislike the segment of this forum with below average to frightening reading comprehension skills.I dislike how some threads disintergrate into unfunny mano a mano flame wars (yeah teneight you are a culprit with KowboyKoop).I dislike SamHard8's politics and devotion to Fox News.I dislike people who get too worked up about a post not being in the proper "place".I dislike all the people who tell the forum with great authority that sports betting is for suckers and can only be a leak in your bankroll. Hint: it is because you suck at sports betting and probably know much less about sports than you think you do.I dislike the decision to have the NEG O on Stars. Stars sucks and i agree with Zimmer and Kurt that their RNG is fishy as hell.i think thats it for now.