I'll tell you what, if not for making money...doing this will teach you volumes on the kind of utter shit people will call with.Apparently $30-$150 isnt much money to other people to lose in one fell swoop.

• Replies 738
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Smash-I must admit I love fat Kids.  That is why I bent teneight over my kitchen table last night and gave it to him real hard.
FYP
more ball licking going on here. what did i say?
Its more that Pokerman is a 12 year old ass-clown, who still thinks that "i did your wife" jokes are funny.
fat kid?? try harder next time..please oh so great oneHuh?Wasn't trying anything.  Just commenting on your bitter corpuslcency.
damn you Smash,I had to go to the dictionary on this one.

Smash, it works. But I am losing $ :club: After folding for a long time (saw the flop 12% of the time), I get aces and move all-in in mid-position. (game was .05/.10 on UB). SB calls with Q-9o!I won that pot, and about a half hour later of folding and not winning any pots, I get Kings and move all-in for over $15. Some one calls with Ac-Kc, and hits the flush. With these players, over time I am sure to win over time.But Smash, why do you say to go in with Kings pre-flop? I know I had the best hand, but only 66% to win isn't that powerful.

Whoever mentioned that maybe Ax's aren't worth playing... I'm thinking about that myself. I wonder if you'd make more money using this strategy without limping with the suited aces, and strictly played pocket pairs. Ok Smash, you say that when you flop a flush draw you should try to draw to it cheaply, but when you say cheaply are you talking about using implied odds and pot odds, or are you saying that you should only call a bet for a certain amount.The reason I'm asking is because you stress the fact that you need to have as many bets as possible when you do have that massive edge.But what if you flop the draw, and 4 people go all in in front of you (I know it's not likely to happen) do you fold, or do you call due to the pot odds and your equity?

I can't believe there are all these posts on such an obvious basic strategy--Jesus read Zee's old book on Omaha*8 --only play hands where you are drawing to the nuts!! What is so complicated?? I know it's difficult to do the math and calculate the chance of set over set on the flop---it seems a big worry here----just trust SMASH, it doesn't happen that oftenIt's scary there are so many players that don't even follow basic strategy--forget about mixing it up, a bluff, or other advanced skills!!!!Wow I see why SMASH wins so much at low stakes-- How long can this last??

i've tried this strategy for around 300 hands and have yet to get a call on any push... kinda frustrating but i am slightly ahead. first hand i played using this strategy i made a heart-pounding push with a set of fives on a flop of 3h-4h-5h with 8 limpers pre-flop :club: felt like such an idiot but i had decided that risking one buyin was well worth it for this little experiment... maybe UB is just too tight... thinking about trying pacific where it's rumored that players will call with nearly anything...

i cant believe so many people are licking smash balls all over this thread.smash seems to be like GOD on fcp for some posters...which is pretty fucking sad
are you the real teneight?....i doubt it
What, exactly, about his posts makes you suspect it isn't teneight?The annoying repetative nature of them?The ugly structure?Their igonrant nature?Their pointlessness?No, I'm pretty sure it's teneight.
Guest Anonymous
i cant believe so many people are licking smash balls all over this thread.smash seems to be like GOD on fcp for some posters...which is pretty fucking sad
What, exactly, about his posts makes you suspect it isn't teneight?The way i think about him while i showerThe uglier i feel while i look at a hot picture of himThe way he makes me all hot and bothered?The...ahh i can't take it anymore. I want you teneightI really really hope it's teneight. I miss him.
FYP

Here are my thoughts on this sytem of play. If Smash says that it works, I would assume that it does. I haven't taken the time to read 13 pages of what people wrote. But I understand the strategy. It's pretty simple, and if that's what it takes to beat low limit no limit, all the better. I wouldn't know.My concern is this. Eventually, most of you will play live or online for higher limits. At least I would think so, at some point. With that being said. Sometimes it's difficult to break old habits. I'm sure eveyone thinks that they could switch their style of play quite effortlessly. And I certainly hope that's the case if and when you do move up. Just remember, what works at one limit, probably won't work at another. Good Luck.

(preface: only read the first 8 pages of this thread so far)SUMMARY of my ~400 hands experience so far: I'd rather get raped with an un-lubed pine cone than do this for a 2nd income.I keep reading posts about "nailed 18 sets, got called 7 times, etc etc."Where is everyone playing, and what buyins? Party only? I think I need to setup an account there.4-tabled $25 NLHE tables from 3:20AM to 5:20AM on Stars. Comparing this to $10 SNG play, SNG play wins more $, but I realize this is a small sample size. I might give this another try sometime, though I must say it's very boring.- Hit 2 sets. Pushed allin on both, got 1 call from a shortstack with TPTK.- Hit 2 flushes, got no calls on pushes.- Hit 1 "trips" from a BB hand, pushed and got a call from shortstack with TPTK.- KK once, pushed UTG, no callers. no AA or QQ hands.Start | End | $Buyin | $Finished----------------------------------------3:20am | 4:15am | $25.00 | $21.953:20am | 4:45am | $25.00 | $26.253:20am | 5:15am | $25.00 | $29.853:20am | 5:20am | $25.00 | $22.554:35am | 5:20am | $25.00 | $21.954:45am | 5:20am | $25.00 | $22.25----------------------------------------2hrs Buyin=$150.00 Finish=$144.80Net loss = $5.20 During current Hold'em session you were dealt 412 hands and saw flop: - 30 out of 52 times while in big blind (57%) - 8 out of 58 times while in small blind (13%) - 29 out of 302 times in other positions (9%) - a total of 67 out of 412 (16%) Pots won at showdown - 9 of 11 (81%) Pots won without showdown - 7

Somebody mentioned that you only get a pocket pair once in every 120 hands, and flop a set once in every 8 of those?so you only have the opportunity to push in once every 960 or so hands? And if those only get called once every three times or so, that means you get paid off once in every close to 3,000 hands? Don't blinds eat you good after 3,000 hands? Somebody correct my math... I may be using fabricated numbers...
umm its 1 in 17so 1/17 then to set the flop 1/8. so 1 outta 136 hands.
SUMMARY of my ~400 hands experience so far: I'd rather get raped with an un-lubed pine cone than do this for a 2nd income.
you get a set 1 out of 136 hands so obviously400 hands is a miniscule sample for this.

Wow, I can't believe this has gone on for 13 pages. My results over the last two days, about 8 hours of 3 tabling $25 NL, +130BB (blinds). So it definately worked for me. However, it's very boring and my $ per hour is down from my normal game. I think this will be what I play at 2 a.m. on Friday on Saturday night when the drunk college kids start playing, but other than that, I think I'm done with it.

I've been 4-tabling with this strategy for pretty much 2 days straight. I started with a free $50 bonus and that's now $100 and I've cleared the requirement. Overrall I can see that this works, I can't help thinking that if I'd have played hands my way that I would be WAY up, but I'm probably going to continue this for a few days atleast. Yesterday was a bad day, 4-tabling the entire day, got a set of 2s and a short-stack called, got Aces 3 times and Ks once and no calls :club: Regardless, I'm in profit for watching TV, playing guitar, and occasionally looking at the computer screen.Does anyone else hate it when some short stack calls your all-in? I can't help thinking the other players have noted that I moved in on the flop when I had a set, or that I've gone all-in pre-flop with As and Ks and now that bloody short stack has ruined it!Also I think I'm getting noticed too much maybe, this is probably a far better strategy on bigger sites (pokerstars,party, etc).

If you really think Smash plays it exactly how he's described I have some poker cheating software to sell you.
Did you just quote yourself?Embarrassing.
No, what's embarrassing is how literal everyone is taking this thread."Oh my, I got callers when I pushed AA preflop and won! OMGWTFBBQ"Guess what, people are stupid donkeys, and will call you with crap. Pushing huge hands preflop in lower limit NL games should be automatic. Pushing sets should be automatic.... Why? BECAUSE MORONS WILL CALL YOU.This "system" is to give you more opportunities to get in these situations where you have a set or the nut flush. Guess what, limping pocket pairs and suited connectors has ALWAYS BEEN A GOOD IDEA IN NL.What's embarrassing is the guy who said he throws up folding AQ in an unraised pot.What's embarrassing is the guy who doesn't bet his limped JJ all the way to the river.NL strategy is really quite obvious. ~ Give yourself chances to draw to huge hands~ Bet huge when you hit huge hands, donkeys will call you~ Don't be the donkey who calls half your stack off because you hit top pair with a pretty kicker.But to say you have to completely stop playing poker and use this "system" is embarrassing. Smash is exagerrating to get his point across. So please, come play at my table and keep folding AQ in an unraised pot.

Since it's my play that you are saying is embarassing, I feel the need to respond. This is something i have done for 2 days playing at these small limits. Not to sound like an ass, but trying something new at a $25 NL table is not a big deal to me. My regular games are at higher levels, so I really don't care if I check JJ all the way down and miss out on an extra 75 cents. I did this to see if it works, with not a lot of risk if it didn't, and guess what, it worked. If the small no limit games are "your" games, then good for you, I hope you do well.

What, exactly, about his posts makes you suspect it isn't teneight?The annoying repetative nature of them?The ugly structure?Their igonrant nature?Their pointlessness?No, I'm pretty sure it's teneight.
The join date of Aug 11.The 27 total posts.But I dunno, all those black guys look the same to me.(super sw joke)Ray
Since it's my play that you are saying is embarassing, I feel the need to respond. This is something i have done for 2 days playing at these small limits. Not to sound like an ass, but trying something new at a $25 NL table is not a big deal to me. My regular games are at higher levels, so I really don't care if I check JJ all the way down and miss out on an extra 75 cents. I did this to see if it works, with not a lot of risk if it didn't, and guess what, it worked. If the small no limit games are "your" games, then good for you, I hope you do well.
Wonderful.Then people that are acting like this is the end to all strategies, taking this 100% literally are embarrassing. The people who are acting like pushing AA and KK preflop in NL is something knew to them are embarrassing. Me quoting myself is not embarrassing. What's the moral of this thread: Low limit NL players suck balls. Get a huge hand, put your chips in the middle... get paid.In other news - the sky is blue.

Quick question... Why is it so imperative that you push when you flop a set?Ok, if there's a two flush on the board or a straight draw i can completely justify pushing, but the hand I ran across was this...I had 77 UTG. 4 people to the flop.Flop: K 7 2 (no flush draw)I was first to act... so I pushed... and of course no callers.If there's ever a time when you should'nt go all-in rather than to just make a big bet on the flop this has to be it.

OK, I'm going to base this solely on pocket pairs.Lets say the average table will be rolling 45 hands/hr. 4 tabling this is 180 hands/hr.At $0.05/$0.10 this is $0.15 per 10 hands, 180 hands is $2.70/hr in total blind money.Odds of getting a pocket pair are 16:1, with 180 hands/hr, you can expect to be dealt 11 pocket pairs/hr.You are 7.5:1 to flop trips, meaning based on 180 hands/hr, you can expect to flop trips 1.5 times/hr.I have no idea how we can estimate the number of calls we should expect after going all-in on a flop where we have trips, but I'm just going to say it's 2:1 against based on the very small amount of call/non-call data I have with trips.Now, assuming we double up everytime (brushing past the fact we may be called by a short stack, or by multiple callers, or lose) then with a $10 stack we could expect to make $10 every 2 hours, or $5/hr wage :)I've wrote this while 4 tabling so it may be completely incorrect. Obviously this could change wildly based on how many tables you're playing, how fast the hands are, how loose the players are, cost of blinds and even what time of the day it is.

Wonderful.Then people that are acting like this is the end to all strategies, taking this 100% literally are embarrassing. The people who are acting like pushing AA and KK preflop in NL is something knew to them are embarrassing. Me quoting myself is not embarrassing. What's the moral of this thread: Low limit NL players suck balls. Get a huge hand, put your chips in the middle... get paid.In other news - the sky is blue.
you're a little bit of an ass.and thinking that this is somethign 'knew' is embarrasing.
you're a little bit of an ass.and thinking that this is somethign 'knew' is embarrasing.
Oh you're right, we should continue on for 13 pages about whether this works or not. Oor "oh crap I folded AQ with no action."Didn't mean to interrupt. And yes, I apologize for the typo, now let's get back to missing the point.