Lots of FCPers out at Party tonight. Like I said earlier, I was going to try this at the 25 50 and 100 NL levels for 10000 hands each just to see how effective it is. I just jammed with AA preflop, someone else calls with KK. As soon as the hand is over I get a railbird saying, "Smasharoo". I just started cracking up.
like i said.smash has built his own religion.
  • Replies 738
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hah. I just saw this and decided I had to try it. So I opened up no fewer than 8 $0.25-$0.25 ($25 buy-in) tables and followed it almost entirely without fail. A few deviations:- Flopped a K-high flush from the big blind with Kx sooted. Played it straight-aggressive (pot-sized bet), got a raise all-in from a short-stack for an extra couple of bucks, called, and won.- Had AJo in the big blind, flop was JJ3 rainbow. Pushed, got a caller (pocket tens O.o), won.- Flopped a straight flush draw with 67s from the big blind, drew to the nut straight, pushed, took it.Nothing major. Amazingly, the strategy worked very well. It's so brilliantly contemptuous.Final stats:Computer #1: 831 hands played, net -$18.90Computer #2: 976 hands played, net +$86.95For some reason I hit almost all my hands on comp #2.Final tally: +$68.05 in 1807 hands+15.06bb/100Sickening. I feel kind of dirty.

I think before anybody uses the method or strategy to play low limit NL they need to consider one thing, why they're playing poker. If all you are playing poker for is to make money, then go right ahead and use this strategy. I'm sure that you will make money with ease at most low limit games. You won't be playing poker but that is fine, it isn't your goal to be playing poker, it's your goal to make money.However, if you are playing poker for love of the game, love of a good hard played hand, and the challenge...then this is definitely not the way to go. You will never get any better by only playing sets and AA, AK, KK. You will prolly eventually reach a limit in which you don't make money anymore. The players eventually do get good enough to recognize how tight you are and just won't call your all ins.So before anyone decides to use this lucrative, yet unrewarding mentally and experience wise, strategy I would consider why you play poker. Some of us play to make money but would rather earn that money through actual play and hard work. The goal of poker is probably different for all of us, I just know that I fill just as good outplaying an opponent for a small pot, or pulling off an incredible bluff as I would just waiting around for sets or AA/KK.In no way is this a knock at Smash's strategy, it has a certain goal in mind and it accomplishes that goal beautifully. I'm just saying that there is a lot more to poker than just making money for some of us.

on a side note, i need to change my party screen namei've run into several people at $25 NL tables today who have recognized mesorry Coop, would have responded to your chat, but can't see all my chat boxes when i have four tables open

I think before anybody uses the method or strategy to play low limit NL they need to consider one thing, why they're playing poker. If all you are playing poker for is to make money, then go right ahead and use this strategy. I'm sure that you will make money with ease at most low limit games. You won't be playing poker but that is fine, it isn't your goal to be playing poker, it's your goal to make money.However, if you are playing poker for love of the game, love of a good hard played hand, and the challenge...then this is definitely not the way to go. You will never get any better by only playing sets and AA, AK, KK. You will prolly eventually reach a limit in which you don't make money anymore. The players eventually do get good enough to recognize how tight you are and just won't call your all ins.
Well, I love poker. I love it a lot. I just so happen to also love money. A lot. In the grand scheme of things, my "love of the game" will have to take a backseat to my ability to make a tonage of money easily.And I don't see how this isn't "playing poker." I'm still getting cards. I'm betting. I'm just using a strategy. Most people use strategies when they play poker. My strategy (or, Smash's rather) is just a little more simplistic and easy to follow.I have no qualms with it. And, it works.
Lets just hope this doesn't become the standard strategy for 80% of online NL players.Down with the thread!!
Let's hope it does.We'll chip away at their stacks while they fold their over pairs.And we know when they got a hand because theyre moving in.(this has been what's happening to me since I started using the smash method)

My second incounter tonight:jdepa01: fairwarning...fcp?#2543305351: Hunterbrett wins $2#2543309401: richmhv wins $2.50FairWarning4: jdepa01: sighjdepa01: not another oneHilarious. Also, after pushing all in with 75 dollars into a pot that was 3.25, someone called me a moron. I then realized that by talking smack back to him, the table will take me as a manic. I dared him and the rest of the table to call me next time. Theyre upset to say the least. I think this may help the strategy!

Finally, a break!Dealt to TheDorfPlan [ 5c 5h ]>You have options at Table 36872 Table!.TheDorfPlan calls [$0.25].FinFiNeau raises [$1].EDDIEB777 calls [$1].bigrick2353 folds.Itz2Easy folds.cooperlogan: sammy thats twice u got me with ace queenSlaminSammy4 calls [$1].vulturesrow calls [$1].cooperlogan calls [$1].KalEl35 folds.breaker508 folds.TheDorfPlan calls [$0.75].** Dealing Flop ** [ 7s, 8c, 5s ]TheDorfPlan is all-In [$17.40]>You have options at Table 37509 Table!.FinFiNeau folds.EDDIEB777 folds.SlaminSammy4: yea --but you owed me>You have options at Table 37509 Table!.SlaminSammy4 calls [$17.40].cooperlogan: lolvulturesrow folds.cooperlogan calls [$17.40].** Dealing Turn ** [ Js ]SlaminSammy4 bets [$15].cooperlogan folds.** Dealing River ** [ 8h ]SlaminSammy4 shows [ As, 4s ] a flush, ace high.TheDorfPlan shows [ 5c, 5h ] a full house, Fives full of eights.SlaminSammy4 wins $15 from side pot #1 with a flush, ace high.TheDorfPlan wins $55.65 from the main pot with a full house, Fives full of eights.Edit: ended up finishing up 15 bucks for the nite. Still dont like the idea of going all in with QQ on a rainbow flop of Q 5 7 though.

hey guys 2 things: first thing, when i raise all in with 40 bucks into a 35 cent pot, and people comment about what an idiot you are... i like to tell them "pocket deuces...favourite hand" don't know if that helps get future calls or not. 2nd thing: i totally couldn't follow this strategy to a "t". i played all my suited connectors, and mostly AK hands, however folded all hands like KQ, QJ unsuited that i normally like to play. suited connectors i would only call min bet, or min raise though, never 3X BB... and i ended up making about 83 bucks from about 400 hands. (this is on 25NL with blinds being .10/.25) .... so yeah i am a donkey and don't know how to figure out my BB/100 a little help?

hey guys 2 things: first thing, when i raise all in with 40 bucks into a 35 cent pot, and people comment about what an idiot you are... i like to tell them "pocket deuces...favourite hand" don't know if that helps get future calls or not.
You should tell them, "If you cant stand the heat, get out of the kitchen."

First I must say that smash is a genius.But we definetely need this thread deleted. I just hope it doesnt spread like wildfire. Won't low limit holdem be fun when half the table is doing this... :roll: J-Web, where's the assist?

I just finished my experiment over at stars. Didn't get a lot of action, and didn't run into any other FCPers. I played around 2 hours, 4 tabling for 500 hands or .25/.50, buting in for max (50). Two of the tables were breaking up, so I quit them and started two more, so I actually have 6 tables to report.Results of the 6 tables: +56, +25, even, -2, -13, -31Net of +35, which is 70 BB or 14 BB/100 (big blinds obviously, not big bets)My pushes were only called 3 times out of 11. First time AA vs 55, I win. Second time AA vs AK, I win. Third time set of 3's vs flush draw with gutshot, I lose.2 times I deviated from the strategy and won hands I should have mucked. First time AKs in BB, check my option and check-call all the way on K high flop (he had K2). Second time I had 88 on 567 flop and check-called, made my straight on river, but it was a possible flush, so I checked and he checked it back. Once I lost calling a small bet with a pair and backdoor flush draw, then mucked on turn. Other than that, I stuck to the strategy, and here are the stats from stars: During current Hold'em session you were dealt 500 hands and saw flop: - 38 out of 59 times while in big blind (64%) - 8 out of 60 times while in small blind (13%) - 25 out of 381 times in other positions (6%) - a total of 71 out of 500 (14%) Pots won at showdown - 9 of 12 (75%) Pots won without showdown - 8Note that I won 9 of 12 at showdown, 2 of 3 being my pushes, 2 of 2 when I deviated, and 5 of 7 when they nicely checked it down for me, when I would have mucked.My feelings are that I hate mucking overpairs. I did save money when my QQ would have lost to a set, but I mucked 99 to an 853 flop, JJ to a T75 flop, and other similar hands that just made me sick. It also sickened me to muck QQ for $1 on a KJT flop. However, it works. I never made a flush though. Also, I mucked 99 twice to 5-6X BB raises, I'm not sure if I should have called, but I would have missed.

i have used this strategy to much success at the lower limit Party and Pacific tables for awhile now, and other then some rather sharp swings which can be a little unnerving (which i wasn't used to at first as my primary game is limit), my NL winrate has shown a remarkable improvement - like any strategy, it is OK to step outside the box once in awhile to adjust to familiar players and situations, but as a core strategy for low limit play it is very effective. i see people saying it is boring, but in my opinion that's just a patience issue, a weakness that will inhibit your ability to win using this strategy (and might already be affecting you in your usual game).

here are my results using this strat. tonight. PStars .25/.50 NL holdem4 tables1. $50 to 127.35 in 247 hands = +$67.352. $50 to $39.25 in 258 hands = -11.753. $50 to $54.50 in 286 hands = +4.504. $50 to $82.15 in 264 hands = +32.15net gain is +$92.15I will be looking at my pokertracker stats tomorrow. It may be interesting.I won't be doing this again because it is soooo boring. It works! I'm going to stick to playing limit holdem ring games.thats limitholdempstarslimitholdem

All in for 42 dollars into a 60 cent pot get called so great.***** Hand History for Game 2543833331 *****$25 NL Texas Hold'em - Tuesday, August 16, 03:20:08 EDT 2005Table Table 36759 (Real Money)Seat 9 is the buttonTotal number of players : 10 Seat 2: FCPsteve ( $42.40 )Seat 9: SodaFlush ( $38.65 )Seat 6: NizerSTi ( $28.90 )Seat 7: philcon ( $23.30 )Seat 1: CrumpleZone ( $10.50 )Seat 5: Map91204 ( $23.14 )Seat 3: nwcougar ( $25.15 )Seat 8: Seeke ( $28.15 )Seat 4: saucermidore ( $18.95 )Seat 10: RefugeePNG ( $25 )CrumpleZone posts small blind [$0.10].FCPsteve posts big blind [$0.25].** Dealing down cards **Dealt to FCPsteve [ As 3s ]nwcougar folds.saucermidore calls [$0.25].Map91204 folds.NizerSTi folds.philcon folds.Seeke folds.SodaFlush folds.CrumpleZone folds.FCPsteve checks.** Dealing Flop ** [ 9s, 7s, 2s ]FCPsteve is all-In [$42.15]saucermidore is all-In [$18.70]** Dealing Turn ** [ Qs ]** Dealing River ** [ 4c ]FCPsteve shows [ As, 3s ] a flush, ace high.saucermidore doesn't show [ 9d, 8s ] a flush, queen high.FCPsteve wins $23.45 from side pot #1 with a flush, ace high with ace kicker.FCPsteve wins $36.10 from the main pot with a flush, ace high with ace kicker.first flush I have flopped in 400 hands 2 tabling, But moved in for 26 dollars pre flop with kings got caled by ace jack kings held up. Pocket 3's flopped a set moved in got called made quads on river.Up $50 for 400 hands. playing $25 max NL. Pretty sick.