Not to get in to a CR >< DC debate, as I'm sure they both have value, but personally I joined DC due to their decision to not include digital rights management on their content, thus allowing me to download it and watch on my dvd player/ipod/laptop while not connected, etc.
you can d/l CR also. I dont know DC but CR>>>PVT>>>>PXF
  • Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you can d/l CR also. I dont know DC but CR>>>PVT>>>>PXF
My only experience is with StoxPoker, but I'm pretty sure CR is the same way, as in that you can download them, but you have to be online to acquire the rights to them. This is easy enough if you're online to download it, just open it up and get the rights, but they only last for 2 weeks, so if you are unprepared, as I was on my recent train trip from Ottawa to Montreal, and didn't think to do that with my older vids that I had downloaded, you'll be out of luck if you want to watch them without internet access, if the 2 week period has elapsed.

and the other thing is, once you've downloaded the DC videos they're yours, forever. Licence never expires, even if you don't renew your membership with them.

i just lost $1000 in one day for the first time. i won 4 buyins in pl$100i lost 7 buyins in pl$200so i only lost 3 buyins. i keep trying to tell myself that. "3 buyins. not a big deal."its not working.

Hey strangers hows it going? Finally got a couple things undercontrol and now going to give teh whole poker thing a try again. Put $100 on yesterday. My goals for a while are: no more then 1 hour a day during week days. Off by 12 on the weekends. Only game I am going to be playing is FR LHE for a long time. I need to get back to the game I used to make money on. Maybe ill see yall at the tables.

I <3 July.Best.Month.Ever.AINEC(Why didn't I start playing tourneys sooner?)

Hey strangers hows it going? Finally got a couple things undercontrol and now going to give teh whole poker thing a try again. Put $100 on yesterday. My goals for a while are: no more then 1 hour a day during week days. Off by 12 on the weekends. Only game I am going to be playing is FR LHE for a long time. I need to get back to the game I used to make money on. Maybe ill see yall at the tables.
GL
I <3 July.Best.Month.Ever.AINEC(Why didn't I start playing tourneys sooner?)
QFT! Here's to hoping I don't jinx myself in the final 10 days but I've cleared 13k already and have a chance to have my first 20k month.Although January, February, March, June, and July were all best months ever at the time!!!! Hopefully continues into August!!!
didn't work.July-4.jpg
Next time, try following the rules. Let us know how your goals went from last month and what your goals are for this month. Since you didn't post here, Full Tilt's servers couldn't read your interweb dreams and just assumed that you wanted a little change of pace this month - getting bent over and ass-raped, so that's what Full Tilt did for you. If only they knew you wanted to win $14,000 and not lose hands....

I'm on pace for a $21,000 month... Almost entirely due to my recent foray into the online tournament scene. I'm at about $19,000 right now (I don't know my cash results off hand-- I'm at work -- but I do know they are insignificant in comparison to my tourney results). I would *really* like to hit $21,000 because at the end of August, a 3-year $21,000/yr fellowship (that has been a large portion of my income) expires, and I have to "fend for myself" in my (hopefully) last year of my PhD. There is something particularly delicious about the thought of making the equivalent of my annual fellowship income... in one month.Might I also add that at the start of this month, I was quite stressed about my medium-term financial outlook (the drying up of the fellowship income was weighing heavily on my shoulders -- and up until this month, my poker never contributed a significant source of income), so the poker results that I have enjoyed this month could not have come at a better time.I have no delusions that my poker results will continue at this pace. I have certainly enjoyed the positive side of variance this month. Indeed, every time I found myself in a coin flip situation... or even as an underdog with something like 88 versus JJ or AK versus KK, it seemed that I *always* came out on top. I would like to think that at lest some of the success will continue (I definitely *have* revamped my tournament game).The best part about this is that on January 1 of this year, I had exactly $0.00 in my poker account. I had around 5,000 FPPs still there which I used to grind a bunch of 10 FPP Sunday Hundred grand satellites. From there, I turned those into around $50 by playing some micro-stakes sit and goes. After that, it was time to grind micro stakes PLO for a couple of months... slowly eeking my way up. I am proud to say that I have *not* deposited at all (actually, during one of their redeposit bonus periods, I simultaneously deposited and withdrew $500 to gain access to some bonus money). I will be creating a *feel good* post at the end of this month in the General forum (together with some celebratory stakes), but I felt that you guys in these threads (this is cross-posted in the challenge thread) should get to hear the story first. It's nice o know that it *is* possible...

-Up aggression a little and analyze some PT stats when I have a better sample CHECK-At the least break even at 10NL 6Max... MONTH NOT OVER :club:-Get more HH's on here and try n get better TRYING-Watch more PokerVT CHECK
20415110870.jpgJuly so far - i'm actually + BR at present thanks to Bonus + RB (got about 40$ of bonus left to unlock) - but my aim was to break even without that.Hopefully i've overcome the nasty downswing i've just gone through. I definately feel more positive that my play's improved a little and I can table select much better now, so that should helpNot watched that much VT stuff but there's not been much updated, prolly due to WSOP

Well, still having my best month since January 07, and I could easily surpass that month at this pace. I will say that things have gotten pretty swongy since I started adding in 10/20 though as the below graph will attest.julyswongs.jpgAs for my volume goals, I'm a little bit behind pace, but if I can get into a grinding mood for the next week or so, I could at least reach 30K hands for the month which would be pretty satisfactory. On long-term plans, the addition of 10/20 on the stake is also making me a little less anxious to get on my own money. I'm thinking I probably will be sticking with the staking deal until maybe November now.

Just had the biggest winning session of my life tonight. Won $34,600 over 1700 hands. Which makes this month.... pretty ****ing awesome.

Just had the biggest winning session of my life tonight. Won $34,600 over 1700 hands. Which makes this month.... pretty ****ing awesome.
Holy fucking shit man. Congrats you are a huge sicko.
How come you all can say **** and I can't? No fair.
Put the bold, italics, or underline open/close tags in the middle of the word fu[ b][ /b]ck withouth the spaces.