• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

im sitting at .50/1 table right now with $528. I don't feel like getting up until i get to $1000. there is a very bad player with $340. I would really like to stack him. hes purposely staying out of hands that i'm in. i get the feeling he doesn't want to lose it all in one hand (he will).

I've been trying to break $10k for the last 4 or 5 days here. I cracked it twice early in a session and went on to lose the $$ back and have basically been breakeven for my last 5k hands or so, which isn't anything to complain about, but I'd really just like to break $10k and probably take a day or two off at the end of the month here. I think I'm like $400 short, so hopefully I'll pound that out today and then relax for the rest of the week.

im sitting at .50/1 table right now with $528. I don't feel like getting up until i get to $1000. there is a very bad player with $340. I would really like to stack him. hes purposely staying out of hands that i'm in. i get the feeling he doesn't want to lose it all in one hand (he will).
Results?
I've actually been doing a little coaching already. My standard rate's $300/hr, but I could probably work a discount for an FCPer that I know from the forums.Oh, and glad you all liked my graphs. :club:
I may hit you up later: I have come to the slow realization that --although I prefer PLO over NLHE-- I am a *much* better NLHE player AINEC. I need to fix some leaks in my PLO game......First things first: I have some (real world) work on my plate that needs my attention. Non-poker work distractions FTL.
Results?
i had $560 at one point. somebody hit a 3 outer on me in a $100 pot. i lost a little more, got down to like $440, then back up to $500. then the bad player with the big stack left and a bunch of not bad players sat down so i called it a night and gave up its funny, he was playing like a moron until he won all that money and then he was scared to play a hand. it was really the softest .50/1 table i have ever sat at. had i hit the hand i mentioned above and one other one where i lost in a huge pot that i had good equity in i would have made it to $1000.

weeeee im up exactly $0.04 including rake after 500 hands at .50/1! what a swongy little session that was. im gonna start grinding NL cash from the very bottom (25NL) again next week. i seriously want to prepare going pro in about a year, my roll is at about 2.5k now but I don't feel comfortable with some of my plays at all. i still find myself spewing a LOT sometimes and I need to get more disciplined. I guess I'll do that "only raise or reraise" thing for a while. The reason i start grinding NL cash again is that #1 that i have partypoker available which means pretty soft games overall and because tournaments bore me to hell. wish me luck.

I've been trying to break $10k for the last 4 or 5 days here. I cracked it twice early in a session and went on to lose the $$ back and have basically been breakeven for my last 5k hands or so, which isn't anything to complain about, but I'd really just like to break $10k and probably take a day or two off at the end of the month here. I think I'm like $400 short, so hopefully I'll pound that out today and then relax for the rest of the week.
julyui3.jpgAnd that's a wrap. A couple of days off and then I'll get back at it during August.

Gahhh, I have been such a spew monkey this month. I just went through my 50 top losing hands this month (out of ~18k), and in those hands alone if I had not been an idiot running an unreppable bluff or calling when there would be just no way I could be ahead on the river, my winnings would have been more than 2x what they have been (I'm up like $800 playing 50 & 100NL with an overall winrate of 2pt/bb). So who knows how much I have actually spewed off, but I am guessing it is a hell of a lot more.I feel that I have a much better understanding of the game now than I ever have before, and I have spent a ton of time studying, but yet at crucial points in hands, my mind just goes blank and I spaz out and start clicking buttons. And afterwards I'm like WTF was that?!?!?I know I just need to get myself to more thoroughly analyze hands while staying in the moment to make sure I don't enter into button mashing mode, but it is frustrating because I have known this for a while and don't seem to do anything about it (or at least haven't figured out how to do so). Obv I am ultimately the only one accountable for this silliness and I need to make this happen RIGHT NOW, and maybe the point of this rambling was to draw a line in the sand and say no more. So, I guess this is my official notification to the poker community that effective immediately, I am going to stop sucking. You have been warned. Expect a big August. :club:

Gahhh, I have been such a spew monkey this month. I just went through my 50 top losing hands this month (out of ~18k), and in those hands alone if I had not been an idiot running an unreppable bluff or calling when there would be just no way I could be ahead on the river, my winnings would have been more than 2x what they have been (I'm up like $800 playing 50 & 100NL with an overall winrate of 2pt/bb). So who knows how much I have actually spewed off, but I am guessing it is a hell of a lot more.I feel that I have a much better understanding of the game now than I ever have before, and I have spent a ton of time studying, but yet at crucial points in hands, my mind just goes blank and I spaz out and start clicking buttons. And afterwards I'm like WTF was that?!?!?I know I just need to get myself to more thoroughly analyze hands while staying in the moment to make sure I don't enter into button mashing mode, but it is frustrating because I have known this for a while and don't seem to do anything about it (or at least haven't figured out how to do so). Obv I am ultimately the only one accountable for this silliness and I need to make this happen RIGHT NOW, and maybe the point of this rambling was to draw a line in the sand and say no more. So, I guess this is my official notification to the poker community that effective immediately, I am going to stop sucking. You have been warned. Expect a big August. :club:
the difference between playing your best 80% of the time and 90% of the time is far larger than most people imagine.

Yay!Got even for the month, this morning.Gonna finish at like +$60, or just shy.Almost certainly done for the month, as I'm moving to Ottawa tomorrow, which means 12 hours of packing/loading, some sleep, then 12 hours of driving, sleep, 6 hours of driving, then partying on Friday night. :club:

Yay!Got even for the month, this morning.Gonna finish at like +$60, or just shy.Almost certainly done for the month, as I'm moving to Ottawa tomorrow, which means 12 hours of packing/loading, some sleep, then 12 hours of driving, sleep, 6 hours of driving, then partying on Friday night. :club:
Your biggest achivement for july or probably for 2008 is your new avatar and AINEC.

mhm nice I'm up 500BB in 120 hands. lets run this good all month long please :)oh shit the month is already over... ok lets bring this over to the new month then.

Your biggest achivement for july or probably for 2008 is your new avatar and AINEC.
Tbh given his description of Thunder Bay I think his biggest acheivment of 2008 is moving to Ottawa.
What happened to pokerplayer21 anyway? Did he really quit poker because his parents wanted so?
If your talking about pokerplayer24 he def didn't quit.. he's crushing 5/10, 10/20 and 25/50 and living in Vegas
What happened to pokerplayer21 anyway? Did he really quit poker because his parents wanted so?
If your talking about pokerplayer24 he def didn't quit.. he's crushing 5/10, 10/20 and 25/50 and living in Vegas
...and if you're talking about Pattypoker21, he's definitely getting crushed ...er... crushing this thread.

Thought I still had a good chance to make my hand goal this month because I was thinking it was 30K, but I went back in the thread and looked and my actual hand goal was 35K. So yeah, that's not going to happen. Luckily, my winnings are still way above and beyond what I was expecting.