Lhe Challenge(?) Thread

FG looks absolutely nothing like I expected. I pictured about 40, and White as a ghost.
QFT
I eeked out like 15BB over about 600 hands today, and am delighted. The last two weeks I'm back to going down like 70bb in the first 100 hands, tilting for a while, and reeling myself back in to break even, roughly, which was what I was doing all spring during my wheel-spinning phase. I might give the Tilt Blocker another go, horrendously as it's worked out in the past.
wat is tilt blocker?
  • Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wat is tilt blocker?
It's a program the essentially just opens a little black or gray bar like a window that you can move over your stack size display so you don't see how much you're up/down and thus negatively alter your play. Last time I did it I convinced myself I had blown half my bankroll in about in hour, before going absolutely crazy from the uncertainty, closing the program, and seeing that I was down like 7 BB, and probably only because tilt -blocker had me so steamed up.
:club:
Yeeeaaahhh, I know. It's not all laziness, though. I'm getting everything in order to move and will hopefully have chosen an apartment by wednesday. I doubt I'll get to 30k hands, but I'll still try. On the brazillion dollars front, I'm closer, but not as close as I'd like to be.
Yeeeaaahhh, I know. It's not all laziness, though. I'm getting everything in order to move and will hopefully have chosen an apartment by wednesday. I doubt I'll get to 30k hands, but I'll still try. On the brazillion dollars front, I'm closer, but not as close as I'd like to be.
LOL.....hurry up already!

i made a call with jack high on a akq53 board. i was right.a few hands later i bluffed with jack high and got called by a worse hand. i didn't look at the hand history to see what it was. i should have. there is no game like lhe when it comes to making you feel like god when everything is going right for you. and making you wonder how you ever won anything when everything is going wrong.

i am the magic set catching machine today. ive played like 200 hands of lhe and caught i think 5 sets. 3 of them boated up. all paid off, some for multiple bets on BB streets. on one table i won 35 bets in 72 hands.

I've cranked out 10k hands of 6-max this month and have adjusted poorly, down about 180 big bets, and 280 from my high point on the 5th. I'll be getting in another 10k of full ring to get my head screwed back on straight before I give this shorthanded stuff another run.I've never played 10k hands in a month before, so self-congrats to me to sticking with it for the first time.fg looks like my old friend Jimmy. I had to look about 3 times to be sure.Finally, I need to start getting rakeback. If I was playing on Full Tilt this month rather than Pokerstars, I'd only be down about 60 big bets, all things being equal.Edit.Thanks ya'll.

Nutty game.Preflop: Hero is MP with Qspade.gif, Qdiamond.gifUTG raises, Hero 3-bets, CO calls, Button calls, 2 folds, UTG caps, Hero calls, CO calls, Button callsFlop: (17.5 SB) Jdiamond.gif, Kheart.gif, Qheart.gif(4 players)UTG checks, Hero bets, CO raises, 1 fold, UTG 3-bets, Hero caps, CO calls, UTG callsTurn: (14.75 BB) 5spade.gif(3 players)UTG checks, Hero bets, CO raises, 1 fold, Hero callsRiver: (18.75 BB) 5heart.gif(2 players)Hero checks, CO bets, Hero raises, CO 3-bets, Hero caps, CO calls

CO shows Ks6s.

Hmm...this was supposed to be a hilarious brag, but reading but, I'm not sure I like my line. This guy is a nut, so I'm confident in my river play, but I'm concerned I should have fired again on the turn.

Would any regulars here be interested in swapping $200 on Full Tilt for $200 on Stars? That is, I need money on Full Tilt.
i can do this. you gotta ship first, though :club:.i'm up about a bill today playing some 3/6 and 5/10 HU. one guy played me for about an hour, first at 5/10 (i left when a guy who's better at 3h than me joined us), and then at 3/6. he beat me for about 20BB at 5/10 and i beat him for about 30 at 3/6. so he wins, obv, lol.i want to ask a question about getting to the third level in terms of exploiting a certain adaptation that good players tend to make vs my style, but it's way too complicated to articulate out of the blue. i'll try to figure out a way to ask it and do that. :)oh, and kings are hot, lol.and now i'm up significantly more than a bill. yay. i think i'll get drunk and play video games.
I nutbarred .02/.04 lhe today and won 2.16. I'm pretty sure I busted 2 microgrinders rolls.
I'm showing stack sizes for a brag(?). The guy with 5k is another fcper nutbarring.Absolute PokerLimit Holdem Ring gameLimit: $0.02/$0.045 playersConverterStack sizes:UTG: $1.13CO: $5397.27Hero: $1001.33SB: $0.30BB: $1.47Pre-flop: (5 players) Hero is Button with Q :5c Q :club: UTG folds, CO raises, Hero 3-bets, SB calls, BB folds, CO caps, Hero calls, SB calls.Flop: 3 :D 7 :D 6 :ts (13SB, 3 players)SB checks, CO bets, Hero raises, SB folds, CO calls.Turn: Q :D (8.5BB, 2 players)CO checks, Hero bets, CO raises, Hero 3-bets, CO caps, Hero calls.River: J :4h (16.5BB, 2 players)CO bets, Hero raises, CO calls.Results:Final pot: 20.5BBHero Shows Qh QdCO mucks Jc Kc

When you pair a lot, HULHE is the greatest shit ever. The kind of frustration I generally feel is not just magnified and visible in my opponents, it's hilariously exploitable. Problem is, the other half of the time I would imagine the same could be said about me.Actually, I really need to do something about my tilt outlook, because it's really, really decimating my winrate.

navybuttons experiments with trying to help someone asking for money:Phil Bond (Observer): navy so bro, have u thought about it? lpease hook me up matePhil Bond (Observer): I won't screw you mate, I promise.navybuttons: i think the best thing for you (in all honesty) is to build it up yourselfPhil Bond (Observer): I just want to do some Sit n gos thats allPhil Bond (Observer): Please navy, i just wanna play matePhil Bond (Observer): i promise to refund uPhil Bond (Observer): even if i lose the moneynavybuttons: i understand, but play play money in that casePhil Bond (Observer): .Phil Bond (Observer): It's boring ...Phil Bond (Observer): Please bro ...Phil Bond (Observer): Not much ...Phil Bond (Observer): Just a small amount will do.navybuttons: not joking, it's not boring, the competition is still therenavybuttons: poker is fun no matter the stakesPhil Bond (Observer): I know, but the real money games are way better.Phil Bond (Observer): And i just wanna grind back up in stakesnavybuttons: bettter how?Phil Bond (Observer): please bro give me a second chancenavybuttons: i want you to grind back up in stakes tooPhil Bond (Observer): please bro ...Phil Bond (Observer): just something like $50Phil Bond (Observer): its not much for uPhil Bond (Observer): and i will refund itnavybuttons: i'm giving you great advice, worth way more than the 50navybuttons: i swearPhil Bond (Observer): ...Phil Bond (Observer): I just want to play some $6 sit n gos dude ... I will pay you back the money even if I lose itPhil Bond (Observer): its just that i can't deposit again at the momennavybuttons: if i give you 50 that's worse for you in the long run, i swearnavybuttons: if you just wanna play, then play play moneyPhil Bond (Observer): nah i just wanna try and get my bankroll back to where it was after the bad streakPhil Bond (Observer): please navy ill refund it matePhil Bond (Observer): gosh, it's only $50 mate I wont scam themnavybuttons: i know you will, but i still fail to see how me giving you 50 is what's best for either of usPhil Bond (Observer): ok if u want i give u 20% more of your loan as interest ... but you'll have to wait untill i deposit to give u the 20% extraPhil Bond (Observer): so ull get the 20% extra in profit even if i win or losePhil Bond (Observer): its a deal for you .navybuttons: but i don't want 20% of $50, i want you to grind back up in stakesnavybuttons: that's what would be best for mePhil Bond (Observer): I wil be grinding ...Phil Bond (Observer): But ill pay r money back in the processPhil Bond (Observer): plus the 20% as profit for hooking me upnavybuttons: but if you earn the $50 yourself, you'll treat it with the respect it deservesPhil Bond (Observer): No, not really.Phil Bond (Observer): Would be the same.Phil Bond (Observer): I'd play if it was my money.Phil Bond (Observer): I swear to god.Phil Bond (Observer): I have the 5% bankroll rule ...Phil Bond (Observer): from Chris Fergusonnavybuttons: then how did you go broke? that's a way more important lesson than just giving you $50Phil Bond (Observer): You don't imagine dude, I swear.Phil Bond (Observer): I deposited $100 the first time.Phil Bond (Observer): And gosh ...System: The $5,000 Guarantee ($69+$6 HORSE) will be starting in 5 minutes.Phil Bond (Observer): i was winning and stuffnavybuttons: i don't know what it's like to run bad?Phil Bond (Observer): and then i came into this insane insane back luck streakPhil Bond (Observer): bubbled like 5 sit n gos in a row on 4th position all 4 and stuff like thatPhil Bond (Observer): It was so insane.Phil Bond (Observer): Bad beat everywhere.navybuttons: i've been there, your expirience is not uniquenavybuttons: i swearSystem: The $26 Token Frenzy ($1+$0 NL Hold'em) will be starting in 4 minutes.navybuttons: it just seems like it isPhil Bond (Observer): I know, it's sick though.navybuttons: i agreenavybuttons: it can be tough to overcome mentallyPhil Bond (Observer): Yeah man, and staying out of tilt became almost imposioble for mePhil Bond (Observer): i kept closing the game and coming back days afterPhil Bond (Observer): and stuff like thatPhil Bond (Observer): and it was still therenavybuttons: mental control is another tough aspect to the gamePhil Bond (Observer): Yeah, I kept under the rules though, went down in stakes when I didn't have enough for the buy-in, but I keep going down and down, and onxw I was down to $20, I just couldn't stop from going on tilt.Phil Bond (Observer): lpayed .10/.25 NL Holdem.navybuttons: that's way too high for that bankrollPhil Bond (Observer): And had a beat there also, i lost with JJ all in preflop, dont remember the other guys handPhil Bond (Observer): it wa AK KQ oe KJ dont rememberPhil Bond (Observer): he hit on the flop and i was donenavybuttons: sounds roughPhil Bond (Observer): I was on tilt already when I was down to the $20 navy, i bought in with the whole bankroll at the 10/25 gamenavybuttons: that doesn't sound like good bankroll management or self control at allPhil Bond (Observer): Yeah, I don't go on tilt, it's just that I was down to $20 from like $200 after playing perfectly.Phil Bond (Observer): And going according to the broll managementPhil Bond (Observer): It was just this sick variance streak that hit me big time.Phil Bond (Observer): Couldn't shake it off all the way to the cents that I now got left.navybuttons: so you did tilt or you didn't?Phil Bond (Observer): I did, once I had the $20 left, I admit it.Phil Bond (Observer): Coudn't believe i was gonna be playing $1 tournaments with that $20 after all that i had lostnavybuttons: so the lesson is to learn how to deal with self control?Phil Bond (Observer): so i just gambled itnavybuttons: so you don't treat $20 with the same respect you treat $200?Phil Bond (Observer): Of course, if I was starting with those $20 ...Phil Bond (Observer): but not after losing the other $180 to insane variance bad luck streaknavybuttons: how would that be any different?navybuttons: why was the variance insane?Phil Bond (Observer): Just got beated everywhere even though I kept playing smart poker.navybuttons: but you said that you had tilt control, even though it wasn't as good as it could be.navybuttons: is there a chance you weren't playing as well as you thought you were?Phil Bond (Observer): No, I kept closing the client after i lost 3 sit n gos in a rowPhil Bond (Observer): and came back days afterPhil Bond (Observer): and still therenavybuttons: what was still there?Phil Bond (Observer): The bad luck.Phil Bond (Observer): Anyways, it's okey if you're not going to hook me up, I'm just asking cause I thought it wouldn't be much for you, but if you can't you can't, and I'm fine with that.navybuttons: i am hooking you upPhil Bond (Observer): I just didn't want to wait untill I can deposit again, really wanna play again.Phil Bond (Observer): If you do, I promise I'm not going to screw you at all.navybuttons: my time (minute to dollar) is close to $50 for the time we've been talkingPhil Bond (Observer): Haha.navybuttons: what i'm giving you is worth more, but you don't seem interestedPhil Bond (Observer): Well, you got my word I won't screw you. I apreciate what you've told me.Phil Bond (Observer): I just wanted to play, like I told you from the beginning.navybuttons: i know you won't screw me.navybuttons: and i told you play money tables are free.navybuttons: so are freerollsPhil Bond (Observer): If you can't do it, for any reasons that you're thinking of, it's okey.Phil Bond (Observer): Nah, that's boring man.navybuttons: i'm doing it foooor uuuuuuPhil Bond (Observer): It's okey mate, no problem.navybuttons: it's not BORINGPhil Bond (Observer): Thanks for everything anyways.navybuttons: CHANGE YOUR OUTLOOKPhil Bond (Observer): I'll go and ask some other person, you're a great person and player aswell.navybuttons: or else you'll awlays be bust when you have less than you used toPhil Bond (Observer): Thanks for everythign really.navybuttons: SIGHPhil Bond (Observer): and sorry to bug u so much.navybuttons: PLEASEnavybuttons: you don't bug me, i'm laughing out loud so hard right nownavybuttons: at how i'm giving you so much more than $50Phil Bond (Observer): At me?Phil Bond (Observer): Yeah well, it's okey.Phil Bond (Observer): I really apreciate what you've told me.navybuttons: it's NOTnavybuttons: LOOOOlnavybuttons: sighPhil Bond (Observer): But as I told you from the beginning, I just want to play right now, I know the rules bro.navybuttons: you think you doPhil Bond (Observer): I wish you the best of the luck, from the bottom of my heart, no bull$#$%.navybuttons: but you don't fully understand them otherwaise yo wouldn't have gone brokePhil Bond (Observer): Thanks alot for what you've told me, don't think I didn't care for it.navybuttons: the same to you

I can't imagine every being such a degenerate that I begged random players for money. I completely agree that if he were to learn to control himself and manage a bankroll and about the nature of varience and how to accept it, it would be worth infinitely more than $50, but as someone who started out with a similar Hellmuthian-inform composure, I tell you there's simply no way anything is being gain on either side, other than humor on yours. Though obviously giving him $50 would be a complete waste for both of you.So the $50 stake would be better spent on me.

UTG is a good, hyper-agressive LAG whom I suspect has little respect for me, and in 2,000 hands has never slow-played a set. Not once. Preflop: Hero is MP with Aspade.gif, Aheart.gifUTG raises, Hero 3-bets, 3 folds, UTG callsFlop: (7.5 SB) 5club.gif, 4spade.gif, 2heart.gif(2 players)UTG checks, Hero bets, UTG callsTurn: (4.75 BB) Kheart.gif(2 players)UTG checks, Hero bets, UTG raises, Hero 3-bets, UTG callsRiver: (10.75 BB) Qspade.gif(2 players)UTG checks, Hero bets, UTG callsTurn is good, right?

that was very nice of you navy, much nicer than i would have been. some people just arent cut out for poker, after all, we have to win from somebody.
It disturbs me to see just how low a level of thinking is going on with a lot of players. But it's comforting after seeing Checky or someone dozens of times more advanced than myself is playing like .20/.40, and realizing that I'm never going to be good enough to make it to $2000/$4000.
UTG is a good, hyper-agressive LAG whom I suspect has little respect for me, and in 2,000 hands has never slow-played a set. Not once. Preflop: Hero is MP with Aspade.gif, Aheart.gifUTG raises, Hero 3-bets, 3 folds, UTG callsFlop: (7.5 SB) 5club.gif, 4spade.gif, 2heart.gif (2 players)UTG checks, Hero bets, UTG callsTurn: (4.75 BB) Kheart.gif (2 players)UTG checks, Hero bets, UTG raises, Hero 3-bets, UTG callsRiver: (10.75 BB) Qspade.gif (2 players)UTG checks, Hero bets, UTG callsTurn is good, right?
Turn is great for you and based on your history with this player you have to be in the lead here and you played the hand perfectly.
It disturbs me to see just how low a level of thinking is going on with a lot of players. But it's comforting after seeing Checky or someone dozens of times more advanced than myself is playing like .20/.40, and realizing that I'm never going to be good enough to make it to $2000/$4000.
One of the most important skills in poker is understanding the thought process of your opponents and it's something that is hard to learn or talk about through watching videos or reading books or discussing in poker forums. I think players who started live or have a lot of live experience probably can do this more easily since you have more information in a live setting to use and you realize that most people won't think the same way that you do. People who are good at sales or conmen understand this.I don't win at poker because I make "sexy" plays like Checky often does but I think I can figure out my opponent's thought process better than most do.
One of the most important skills in poker is understanding the thought process of your opponents and it's something that is hard to learn or talk about through watching videos or reading books or discussing in poker forums. I think players who started live or have a lot of live experience probably can do this more easily since you have more information in a live setting to use and you realize that most people won't think the same way that you do. People who are good at sales or conmen understand this.I don't win at poker because I make "sexy" plays like Checky often does but I think I can figure out my opponent's thought process better than most do.
fwiw, the biggest leak i've plugged in my own game in the last couple months is that i've stopped making "sexy" plays against everyone except the pros (which makes them work even better against the pros :club: )that i'm playing against and focused primarily on getting back to fundamentals like game selection, mathematically correct plays, and keeping things simple.as to the understanding the thoughts of your opponents thing, i tend to be able to do that a LOT better live than online, and i've never precisely understood why.