Lhe Challenge(?) Thread

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why can't we quote this?
OMG you're an idiot...Joey was SO much cuter. He just seemed like an ol' sexy bear, ya'know?
Joey?!! Are you insane? He looks more like someone's perverted greasy uncle that you meet at a carnival. I bet he smells like sweat and gyro sandwiches. Lance is clearly superior. You could lick that man ANYWHERE and feel clean afterward. Joey looks like he needs a shower and a good antiperspirant just to get close enough to snuggle.
Joey?!! Are you insane? He looks more like someone's perverted greasy uncle that you meet at a carnival. I bet he smells like sweat and gyro sandwiches. Lance is clearly superior. You could lick that man ANYWHERE and feel clean afterward. Joey looks like he needs a shower and a good antiperspirant just to get close enough to snuggle.
I KNEW IT!
It also makes KJ indistinguishable from AA.
yep.
Please don't quote this guys.
cats out of the bag on this trick, you can thank death donkey in he DC videos for that one. he actually goes as far as to not 3 bet a raise from the BB when its folded to him with 100% of his range against a good player. I am not sure taking it that far is a good idea.
yep.cats out of the bag on this trick, you can thank death donkey in he DC videos for that one. he actually goes as far as to not 3 bet a raise from the BB when its folded to him with 100% of his range against a good player. I am not taking it that for is a good idea.
Yeah. Not so much that I'm trying not to spread the idea; I just don't want to leave a blueprint of my specific preflop strategy for anyone to find.
That's what's so hot about Joey. He's a fucking man. He has man-stink and body hair. If I wanted to **** a girl, I'd have named one of those faggots from Savage Garden.

Step one to bust every one of you cuntoffs:There is so much wrong with my game, right now. So many lazy problems, so much autopiloting; I play so many tables that I don't even try putting these fish on hands, either. Their shittiness allows me to succeed without learning and improving, but only on a minor level which does nothing for me. I'm cutting down to two tables indefinitely. I'm going to play sessions of no more than 200 hands when I'm losing, and no less than 200 when I'm winning and playing well, indefinitely (if someone can make an argument for why I should pick different numbers, those have no real significants). And every day at 5am EST I'm going to post (or PM to someone, depending on how obvious I feel this makes my identity) my sessions played, how many tables I played, how early hands-wise I booked a winning or losing session in each session, whether or not I made even one play that I knew to be incorrect before I made it, and hopefully at least one thing away from the table I did to help my game. I'm making myself accountable.

Step one to bust every one of you cuntoffs:There is so much wrong with my game, right now. So many lazy problems, so much autopiloting; I play so many tables that I don't even try putting these fish on hands, either. Their shittiness allows me to succeed without learning and improving, but only on a minor level which does nothing for me. I'm cutting down to two tables indefinitely. I'm going to play sessions of no more than 200 hands when I'm losing, and no less than 200 when I'm winning and playing well, indefinitely (if someone can make an argument for why I should pick different numbers, those have no real significants). And every day at 5am EST I'm going to post (or PM to someone, depending on how obvious I feel this makes my identity) my sessions played, how many tables I played, how early hands-wise I booked a winning or losing session in each session, whether or not I made even one play that I knew to be incorrect before I made it, and hopefully at least one thing away from the table I did to help my game. I'm making myself accountable.
this is a very good idea.
this is a very good idea.
Yeah, I agree...and I should probably do the same.When I was running like shit a few weeks ago I did most of my spewing when I was playing 3 or more tables, and I played way to long when I was losing.
this is a good idea. fwiw, i only play more than 2 tables if my opponents are bad to the point of being unreadable, and steve had me on a steady regimen of one table per session for a lot of my training with him.also, note to self: make a list of people that run suspiciously well vs you, and do not play them, because they will tilt you.

i hate when i fold a hand that i was going to call down with but because somebody else calls in between me and the better i fold and then that person doesn't show their hand down.i forgot how angry this game can make you. like damn. playing o8 beats didn't bother me at all, here they just keep coming and coming and coming. ugh horrible day. -33.5 bets at 2/4-5 bets at 3/6

i hate when i fold a hand that i was going to call down with but because somebody else calls in between me and the better i fold and then that person doesn't show their hand down.
This is my biggest pet peeve in the world.I think I'm gonna try to put in 1K hands tonight for shits and giggles. Hope I run at 20+ptbb/100.

Just one of those frustrating days today...I was really focused...thinking about hand ranges, etc...and it was just one suck out after another...only ended up down 20BB, but I think that tilts me more than anything else.

someone sacrifice a chicken for me or something because ap has gone completely bonkers again. i will either win 200BB or lose 200BB tonight.closer to the latter. finished -45BB or so, after a couple bad rivers i decided to keep track of how many BB i was down on the river when hands were shown down. total: -219BB. just one of those days where i would flop gin almost every hand but got sucked out on WAY more than i should have. i'm actually surprised i didn't lose more, but i did win a few ginormous pots when i flopped the immortal nuts a few times.at least i played pretty good. i made one marginal calldown that i can remember, and although it was maybe bad at the time, the guy turned out to be a type that i'd instacall him down now that i have more info, so meh.time for drinks, imo.

Tonight was not my night.I play 5 sessions. First I booked a nice win, played great for 100+ hands, called it when my tables broke. Then I ran really bad, and it fell apart. I'm glad I have to do this, because after all that lead up, this is WAY more embarrassing and painful that I thought it would be:I never added tables, but as the sessions wore on I started to tilt a bit, mostly by just going on autopilot not even making a slight hand-reading effort, but most of what I hoped to put behind me today was the loose call-downs, and those got out of control. I ran HORRIBLE for a while and out of the dozen or so made, I didn't win a single pot. I also kind of manipulated my session-ending system, too, by ending around 200 hands, but coming right back, still not on my game. I'll do better tomorrow.(Oops, I'm an hour early.)

someone sacrifice a chicken for me or something because ap has gone completely bonkers again. i will either win 200BB or lose 200BB tonight.closer to the latter. finished -45BB or so, after a couple bad rivers i decided to keep track of how many BB i was down on the river when hands were shown down. total: -219BB. just one of those days where i would flop gin almost every hand but got sucked out on WAY more than i should have. i'm actually surprised i didn't lose more, but i did win a few ginormous pots when i flopped the immortal nuts a few times.at least i played pretty good. i made one marginal calldown that i can remember, and although it was maybe bad at the time, the guy turned out to be a type that i'd instacall him down now that i have more info, so meh.time for drinks, imo.
you stole Jobu's rum didn't you?

It's always fun when a 73/59/2.2 runs like God against you.Typical hand this session...Preflop: Hero is Button with :D, :club:2 folds, CO raises, Hero 3-bets, 2 folds, CO callsFlop: (7.5 SB) :qh, :D, :5c(2 players)CO checks, Hero bets, CO callsTurn: (4.75 BB) :D(2 players)CO checks, Hero checksRiver: (4.75 BB) :qh(2 players)CO bets, Hero callsTotal pot: 6.75 BBHero mucked :3h, :ts (one pair, eights).CO had :D, :4h (straight, nine high).

In each of the past 2 days I have:-Played over 1200 hands-Been stuck over $5k at some point-Finished up a few BB aheadI'll post fun graphs later.

It's always fun when a 73/59/2.2 runs like God against you.
the same thing happened to me yesterday, but his stats were more like 85/8/1. He donked out every time the action was on him, like 90 percent of the time or more. I had position on him, I was able to isolate his limps all the time... I lost like 40 big bets, it was a form of chinese torture.
the same thing happened to me yesterday, but his stats were more like 85/8/1. He donked out every time the action was on him, like 90 percent of the time or more. I had position on him, I was able to isolate his limps all the time... I lost like 40 big bets, it was a form of chinese torture.
I think the bolded is often a big problem for players when they play against calling stations. They often will try and isolate them with hands like J9 sooted and Q 10 off and they end up putting in too many bets without actually having a hand and when you're playing a calling station you have to have a hand to show down with.I'm not saying that is what happened to you but it's something I see a lot with regs who forget that there is nothing wrong with calling preflop with some hands and using that calling station to give you opportunities for multiway pots in short handed games. I look at the calling station as giving me a chance to play my 64 sooooted cheaply preflop.