Do You Think Online Poker Is Rigged?

137 members have voted

1. 1. Do you?

• Yes
    • No

I would say that there are sites out there that are/or were at one point, All major sites absolutely not, just doesn't make sense when the are making a fortune anyway. I would say there is about as much of a chance of the major online sites being rigged as there is of me waking up tomorrow and having beautiful tight little p.u.s.s.i.e.s falling from the sky.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Since this thread is a little silly anyway..........PokerStars Game #11642922513: Tournament #58622861, $30+$3 Hold'em No Limit - Level IX (300/600) - 2007/08/23 - 04:22:58 (ET)Table '58622861 26' 9-max Seat #5 is the buttonSeat 1: ATS$KID (10522 in chips) Seat 2: loxo (11175 in chips) Seat 3: jersey716 (5607 in chips) Seat 4: juice54 (13568 in chips) Seat 5: Hardbread (9560 in chips) Seat 6: Kauai Ducks (8506 in chips) Seat 7: tito82 (37259 in chips) Seat 8: PinkTaco99 (12176 in chips) Seat 9: bl0wback (7700 in chips) ATS$KID: posts the ante 50loxo: posts the ante 50jersey716: posts the ante 50juice54: posts the ante 50Hardbread: posts the ante 50Kauai Ducks: posts the ante 50tito82: posts the ante 50PinkTaco99: posts the ante 50bl0wback: posts the ante 50Kauai Ducks: posts small blind 300tito82: posts big blind 600*** HOLE CARDS ***Dealt to loxo [Kh Ac]PinkTaco99: folds bl0wback: folds ATS$KID: raises 3000 to 3600loxo: raises 7525 to 11125 and is all-injersey716: folds juice54: folds Hardbread: folds Kauai Ducks: folds tito82: folds ATS$KID: calls 6872 and is all-in*** FLOP *** [4d 4h Qd]*** TURN *** [4d 4h Qd] [Qh]*** RIVER *** [4d 4h Qd Qh] [Ks]*** SHOW DOWN ***ATS$KID: shows [Ah Qs] (a full house, Queens full of Fours)loxo: shows [Kh Ac] (two pair, Kings and Queens)ATS$KID collected 22294 from potloxo said, "yawn"*** SUMMARY ***Total pot 22294 | Rake 0 Board [4d 4h Qd Qh Ks]Seat 1: ATS$KID showed [Ah Qs] and won (22294) with a full house, Queens full of FoursSeat 2: loxo showed [Kh Ac] and lost with two pair, Kings and QueensSeat 3: jersey716 folded before Flop (didn't bet)Seat 4: juice54 folded before Flop (didn't bet)Seat 5: Hardbread (button) folded before Flop (didn't bet)Seat 6: Kauai Ducks (small blind) folded before FlopSeat 7: tito82 (big blind) folded before FlopSeat 8: PinkTaco99 folded before Flop (didn't bet)Seat 9: bl0wback folded before Flop (didn't bet)I love the K on the river for effect.

I don't know either way.There is someting to be said that if good cards hit more often, the money in the pots would increase, thus the rake would increase.However the sites ar already making a bunch of money, so why take the risk.And then last night there where quads twice within 50 hands. Anybody knows the odds for that?I don't know either way. Still making money though, so I am happy.

If you're going to make excuses for losing your money, you might as well blame the other players of cheating and knowing what cards are coming because they've discovered the highly complex algorithms involved in the RNG which dictates what cards come up. Although similarly paranoid, while being in denial of your atrocious poker skills, it doesn't quite stoop to the ridiculous notion that an online poker company would put in the effort to rig a $0.02/0.04 cash game just to make you, individually, lose money as part of the wider global conspiracy to persecute you.Are you really so good they'd rig the game in someone else's favour? To quote yourself, "Seriously" :club: ?

I'm not sure that any thinking player believe sites are rigged for or against any particular player. There are semi reasonable people who think that sites are rigged to generate action. They're wrong though.

If you're going to make excuses for losing your money, you might as well blame the other players of cheating and knowing what cards are coming because they've discovered the highly complex algorithms involved in the RNG which dictates what cards come up. Although similarly paranoid, while being in denial of your atrocious poker skills, it doesn't quite stoop to the ridiculous notion that an online poker company would put in the effort to rig a $0.02/0.04 cash game just to make you, individually, lose money as part of the wider global conspiracy to persecute you.Are you really so good they'd rig the game in someone else's favour? To quote yourself, "Seriously" :club: ?
First of all, :D your avatar, one of the best albums I've bought in a long, long time.To the OP and the PS is rigged brigade:I don't think the average bear on here truly grasps the notion of what a 4 to 1 favorite (against a lone opponent) actually is, in terms of being called by ATC. When you get two callers when you have big pairs, you are essentially demoted to a coin flip (in some cases worse). Dominating hands (Ak vs. A5) are generally between 2-1 up to 3-1. This is also a good example of why chip accumulation is so important in big tourneys: you will get drawn out on. You will lose as a commanding favorite at some point. You need to be giving away other people's chips when that happens, not yours. It's a lot easier to lose 3 steals worth of chips than it is to lose half of "your" stack.

You can be sure. Ask me later. This is so.There you have it, the magic eight ball has confirmed, with a 66.6%-33.3%, that online poker is indeed rigged. I knew it! Looks like I will have to just wait for my money to come from that chick in Nigeria to be rich. Damn online poker scammers

I'm sad I couldn't pick both. When I'm winning it is not rigged, its pure skill. When I'm losing it is rigged. Clearly this is the case plz add more options to the poll!

I voted yes, but I meant no.Oops
You are quickly becoming one of my favorite posters.And I voted no, but I think it's just like God. I say I don't really believe in him till the shit hits the fan. I don't think poker is rigged until a giant piece of brocolli falls out of the sky and lands on my keyboard.

I would like to think it is rigged. But the bad beats work both ways if you play long enough. Unless you're Mike Matusow, he's never on the good side of a bad beat.

All I know is that when i play live, things just seem to make more sense.for instance. I had KK, vs AA in cash games 4 times last month. I lost 3 of the 4 times. lost KK vs AA 2 times, and lost once with AA vs KK.I'm cool with that, just unlucky in those situations. But i have yet to experience the runner runner beats.yet they are a regular occurrence online.. soo meh, thats all i gotta say about that

You can be sure. Ask me later. This is so.There you have it, the magic eight ball has confirmed, with a 66.6%-33.3%, that online poker is indeed rigged. I knew it! Looks like I will have to just wait for my money to come from that chick in Nigeria to be rich. Damn online poker scammers
Actually...no. You are wrong.8ballanswer.gif