• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sexton, Seidel, Cunningham, Doyle.IMO, Sexton epitomizes the professional, dignified gamesman .The ****** also plays some damn good instinctive poker. When he tunes in, his reads are scarily spot on and he isn't afraid to make big calls.

Eh, Hachem is kind of a talker at the table and he'll make comments about people making bad plays or bad calls when he gets frustrated. I'm not saying he's classless, though.Greenstein is probably first on my list of class acts. Never says a word at the table. Chip Reese is probably number two on my list.I know people listed Harry Demitriou, but didn't he have a meltdown of nuclear proportions over the structure of a tournament? I think a lot of others on the 'classy' listed wouldn't have done that.

I would say, by what I have seen the top 5 classiest players are (in no specific order)Chip ReeseChris FergusonMarcel LuskeDoyle BrunsonDan Harrington

No one mentioned Phil Ivey?Is that because of the golfing stuff? I think he's pretty classy at the table... well, I've never seen him trash talk, say anything negative, or react badly to anything.

Jond Juanda is the classiest pro. Ted Forrest too. They just smile without a word whether they win the tourney or get 2 outed on the river.

It isn't just the older, more experienced players who show class, either. I was really impressed with all three of the top finishers in the 2006 USPC, Jacob, Morgan and DiMichelle. I haven't seen him much lateley, but I liked the way Moneymaker handled himself at his WE and also on PAD.Did we forget Johnny Chan? And I have to agree about Mike Sexton, a real gentleman's gentleman.

No one mentioned Phil Ivey?Is that because of the golfing stuff? I think he's pretty classy at the table... well, I've never seen him trash talk, say anything negative, or react badly to anything.
maybe it was with moneymaker in the WSOP or another unknown player in a different tourney, but when ivey was kicked out and the person went to shake his hand, he blew it off and walked away in a huff. but most of the time ivey takes his hits pretty well. you have to if your a cash game player.i think if you could look at the top 50 cash game players and top 50 tourney players, cash game players have better tilt control.
Not that he got that upset, but I think one of the funnier Ivey moments was in the 04 (I believe) WSOP ME, where he flopped a set vs Freddy Deeb's KK, they got it all in, and Freddy turned a king. Freddy is all excited and Ivey got a bit pissy and tells him to relax. He seems to get over it pretty quick though.
"Must be the shirt" I believe was the exact quote from Phil Ivey which spawned a bit of a following for the lucky shirt that Freddy Deeb was wearing at the time.

having class and playing cards is so overrated. we're trying to hustle each other here and we're supposed to be classy about it?lame lame lame lame lame

Yes...she does.
she taught you everything you know huh? oohhhh. zoom zoom zoom.I can't take Hachem seriously after his, "story of my life" remark he made on some ESPN tournament after some beat. probably last year's WSOP.

There are a lot of pro's with a ton of class...off the top of my head I'll list the ones I've played with that I think are pretty much role models for how to behave at the table:Nam, Daniel, Doyle (even though I've never played w/ him), Barry G, Scotty Clements, JC Tran, Kenna James, Wasika, Ivey Obv. And just for fun I'll list the ones I've played with that are completely classless at the table:Arnold Spee omfg, Sam Grizzle, Jon Bonetti (he's crazy though so it's kinda funny), Phil Hellmuth, the kid that cried Adam Friedman or whatever and the toothless idiot that played that WSOP FT that thomas Keller won, the one with eskimo clark...Those are probably the worst I've played with that actually are known, I might be forgetting someone. A lot of pros, especially the old school ones and the broke ones verbaly abuse the dealers a lot and thats extremely annoying.

Doyle has that grandfather way of twisting the knife just so little bit but is so funny when he does...Juanda is nothing but class.

Nobody said Gus Hansen? I've never seen him get upset at somebody.
Plus he had the best response ever when Mikey called him the worst player ever.
and the toothless idiot that played that WSOP FT that thomas Keller won, the one with eskimo clark...
Ted Lawson?Or is that a different one?....or do they just kinda look alike? lol. I got myself confused now... nevermind.

I really can't believe it took so long for someone to answer Phil Ivey. The only time I've ever seen him even a bit touchy was the Freddy Deeb hand as mentioned before. Though I guess there are a lot of pros that take beats really well and act really classy. I guess I focus on the Helmuth's, Matasow's, and Sheiky's of the world to often and think everyone overeacts to a bad beat. I dont think Huck Seed has been mentioned though, and he seems pretty classy during his beats. However, with all these pros I'd really like to see if all of them act the way they do off camera as they do on camera.

Heh, and in regards to the post that mentioned most older players are nice, I hope you never play with Bonetti because he will ruin that image for you. :club:
ZOMG he is a jerk at the table, but I think probably nice away from it. I was at his table in a free thing, and I swear he tried to cheat a dude that was about to bust him out. Made me sad as the other guy didn't really know what was up :(Mark
ZOMG he is a jerk at the table, but I think probably nice away from it. I was at his table in a free thing, and I swear he tried to cheat a dude that was about to bust him out. Made me sad as the other guy didn't really know what was up :(Mark
:club: yikes...