Post Your Best Laydown

Here's mine: Home poker tourney. Blinds 200 - 400> Early position loose & agressive player raises 1200. Donk to his left re-raises 2400, I look down to my 10's look at the donk and know he either has Aces or Kings. Reasoning, the kid had 2 huge tells, the timbre of his voice and a psychological tell - he's afraid of the early postion player and would normally juscall with KJ or AQ. Easy laydown...end of the hand he showed KK

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Laying down tens preflop to a raise and a re-raise is not a "great" laydown.You know you're either hugely dominated, or racing for your tourney life against another pair AND a guy with overs. Very standard laydown. Stack sizes and payouts could factor in, but I doubt you were deepstacked enough for it to matter.

Here's mine: Home poker tourney. Blinds 200 - 400> Early position loose & agressive player raises 1200. Donk to his left re-raises 2400, I look down to my 10's look at the donk and know he either has Aces or Kings. Reasoning, the kid had 2 huge tells, the timbre of his voice and a psychological tell - he's afraid of the early postion player and would normally juscall with KJ or AQ. Easy laydown...end of the hand he showed KK
Pretty contradictory to the title of the post.

I laid down a set of 5's on a flop of AK5 when...and was shown KK...I bet 20 into a pot of 20 and he pushed for 200 more in a 1-2 NL game

there hasnt been any huge major laydowns pre-flop only hands like QQ, JJ, AK due to situations where you kind had to know it wasnt any good when faced with certain action and situations.On the flop ive folded KK, AA, two pair, top pair. But nothing really dramatic like laying down a king high flush, or straights.

I'm sure I've made some 'great laydowns' (ala Mr. Philip Hellmuth), but most of the time I've never got to see what the other guy had.But in my mind... they were world class. And that's all that matters!

One time I got up to pee in the second hour of an MTT and forgot to sit out. Was dealt AA on the button. Lotta action before me and as I walked around the corner into my office I realized the hand I had and hurried to go do anything I could to just keep it, but alas, was too late. Three other allin players with pretty equal stacks had KK, QQ and 99 and the flop was KJ9. Now that's what I call a good laydown, PREFLOP!!! PS sickest part of it was the river was a 10 and the Queens won. Sick Sick hand on the old pokerroom FCP.

One time I got up to pee in the second hour of an MTT and forgot to sit out. Was dealt AA on the button. Lotta action before me and as I walked around the corner into my office I realized the hand I had and hurried to go do anything I could to just keep it, but alas, was too late. Three other allin players with pretty equal stacks had KK, QQ and 99 and the flop was KJ9. Now that's what I call a good laydown, PREFLOP!!! PS sickest part of it was the river was a 10 and the Queens won. Sick Sick hand on the old pokerroom FCP.
Your company hiring?

we're playing it heads up, he has taken a 60-40 chip lead. i'm dealt AsAc, and pop it up. he smooth calls. the flop comes down AhAd5s. i put out a standard continuation bet-- no slow playing here, we know each other. we hate each other.he pushes. i glance at him, at the dealer, at my backup. i motion my backup over behind the dealer, then lay down the hand face up and say, "we are going to hunt a little rabbit."he reaches for his cards, then his chips. returns his hands to in front of himself, clasped tight. "dude, sick laydown. we... let's call it even.""we are GOING to hunt rabbit, son."he makes a lunge for the deck, and my backups knife pins his hand to the felt inches away from it. the red is much richer than any chip.the dealer is frozen as i burn and flip: jack of hearts.burn and flip: ten of hearts.i whisper, "i think it is time to see your hole cards."he is white-faced. clammy. ugly in his pain. "it isn't like that, man. it isn't LIKE that." his free hand is gripped tight around his cards, crushing them.i lean across and patiently pry them free. first the king of hearts, then the queen.the dealer's motion toward his concealed weapon is thwarted by a bullet from my backup's gun through the base of his skull. blood flowers from his right eye as he collapses across the desk.we compost them both, and the next summer have a bumper corn harvest.

we're playing it heads up, he has taken a 60-40 chip lead. i'm dealt AsAc, and pop it up. he smooth calls. the flop comes down AhAd5s. i put out a standard continuation bet-- no slow playing here, we know each other. we hate each other.he pushes. i glance at him, at the dealer, at my backup. i motion my backup over behind the dealer, then lay down the hand face up and say, "we are going to hunt a little rabbit."he reaches for his cards, then his chips. returns his hands to in front of himself, clasped tight. "dude, sick laydown. we... let's call it even.""we are GOING to hunt rabbit, son."he makes a lunge for the deck, and my backups knife pins his hand to the felt inches away from it. the red is much richer than any chip.the dealer is frozen as i burn and flip: jack of hearts.burn and flip: ten of hearts.i whisper, "i think it is time to see your hole cards."he is white-faced. clammy. ugly in his pain. "it isn't like that, man. it isn't LIKE that." his free hand is gripped tight around his cards, crushing them.i lean across and patiently pry them free. first the king of hearts, then the queen.the dealer's motion toward his concealed weapon is thwarted by a bullet from my backup's gun through the base of his skull. blood flowers from his right eye as he collapses across the desk.we composted them both, and the next summer had a bumper corn harvest.
<3

I've laid down QQ preflop a couple times before, and found out I was behind KK or AA if I would have stayed in.Best one was in a home game, though. I forget the specifics, but I was playing against my uncle and I flopped 2 pair. I raised, he reraised, so I just called. The turn was a lower card and gave me a full house, so I bet again, he reraised. I looked at him, and somehow figured out that he started with a higher pair and flopped a set. He now must have had a higher full house. I showed him my hand and folded and he just sat there for a while shaking his head.

hmmm. Never made any super sick lay downs, but layed down hands like TP when we weren't deep stacked late in a tournament and stuff like that (it doesn't seem like much, but folding TJ on a T73 board with a 30k stack at 2k/4k blinds is pretty big). Folded AQ on a queen high board (no obv flushes or str8s). Pre flop action was, button raises, SB reraises all in (short stacked), I reraised, he called. Flop came Q high. I bet. He reraised all in. I folded losing half my stack (it was early in a double chance tournament). He showed AK :club: Folded JJ and AK a good few times pre flop, queens possibly once or twice. Never KK.

I layed down KK twice in a short time span. One time i was showed A10, classic limp reraise, i mucked and laughed. 2nd time im pretty sure i was right... haBoth on party way back in the day think 30+3 30 man multi tables.