Pittsburgh Penguins Thread

Well, the biggest positive is that their score-adjusted CF% has been near the top of the league for the last couple months or whatever and their PDO has been way below normal.

If the puck starts bouncing the right way, they certainly have a shot to win some games.

• Replies 14.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Zach6668

• dEv~

• serge

• doox

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Brag post time. Lots of people saw pictures of Malkin practicing and Fleury in his new pads but I just saw them in person during a closed practice.     I was down at the arena to get my security

Yes I agree that Crosby kids gotta go. Can I interest you in a phaneuf?

JapersRink ‏@JapersRink · 20m Really looking forward to Dan Bylsma being either an idiot who can't win with Sid or a genius who can win without a bottom-6 after tonight.

Heck of a performance tonight.

Maybe try to stay out of the box, though. Many marginal calls, but nothing too crazy. The Pens first 2 PPs were on horrendous calls by the officials.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I like the Kessel add, but Pens need some help.

They've got a shade over $6M left and need a backup goalie, to re-sign Bennett (RFA), add probably 4 more bottom line forwards, and maybe upgrade over Scuderi/Lovejoy on D.

They'll need some Flyers-sequel cap voodoo. Maybe they can get a cap floor-ish team to take on Scuderi. That money can be spent far more efficiently.

Depth Chart:

F - Crosby, Malkin, Kessel, Hornqvist, Perron, Kunitz, Dupuis, Sutter, Bennett (RFA)

D - Letang, Maatta, Pouliot, Cole, Lovejoy, Scuderi, Erixon

G - Fleury

Essentially nothing of value on the farm to step in and make an impact. Maybe a 4th liner may emerge at a cheap cap hit, but won't be any breakout surprises.

Watching Kessel pretty much every game the last 6 years I don't think he is a fit with Crosby. I think he is best suited to play with Malkin

I think those two can be great together. The PP will be pretty interesting

Paul Martin's goodbye letter is pretty good

http://www.theplayer...enguins-letter/

This was really good, thanks. Martin was on TSN on July 1, very well spoken.

If you guys get a moment, Richard Clune's is worth a read too. Very honest and open.

http://www.theplayerstribune.com/rich-clune-hockey-nhl/

This is such a weird trade..Usually when you trade for a team's first round pick, you hope that team does really crappy..

Well if the Pens fall off the face of the earth the next 2 years( ok it can happen) the Leafs dont get a first round pick.

So we have to hope the Pens do bad but we have to hope they make the playoffs.

Ya those conditions are nice lol

Is this a new thing? We see a lot of these protected picks now..

Imagine if Burke negotiated that in the original Kessel trade? So much would be different.

Is this a new thing? We see a lot of these protected picks now..

Imagine if Burke negotiated that in the original Kessel trade? So much would be different.

Obviously they saw what we were doing in the FCHL/AHL, and copied it.