Pittsburgh Penguins Thread

Phil does forecheck but he shies away from

Contact in the corner, sometimes to his detriment. I think a better coach could get that out of him though, he definitely has the speed to arrive first most of the time

• Replies 14.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Zach6668

• dEv~

• serge

• doox

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Brag post time. Lots of people saw pictures of Malkin practicing and Fleury in his new pads but I just saw them in person during a closed practice.     I was down at the arena to get my security

Yes I agree that Crosby kids gotta go. Can I interest you in a phaneuf?

JapersRink ‏@JapersRink · 20m Really looking forward to Dan Bylsma being either an idiot who can't win with Sid or a genius who can win without a bottom-6 after tonight.

• 4 weeks later...

What can you tell me about Sergei Plotnikov?

Will he get significant minutes...Upside points wise?

is he a lock for the team?

Best case is 2nd line, doesn't seem likely given the winger depth. Probably 3rd or 4th depending on how the combos shake out.

I haven't paid a ton of attention to camp though. Everyone has been talking since he signed that he's a lock to make the team, but I haven't see him play.

USA Hockey wanted to remind me this morning to watch the Penguins take on the Lightning to celebrate Kraft Hockeyville in Johnstown PA.

I haven't seen a minute of the preseason. So can't really judge. Hope he's awesome.

In other news, I just had a first date with a girl who randomly ended up having a bigger Pens jersey collection than I have... So... I may be in love.

• Like 1

Word is he'll get a 9 game stint, then probably sent back. Unless he continues to impress, of course, but this team historically likes to give chances to veterans and wait on youth. Just ask Pouliot.

I wish I knew what was going on with Dupuis. At first, he had a minor injury that was no big deal. Then we hear he might miss the first game. Now we're talking up to 5 weeks? Wtf. Poor guy can't catch a break.