• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Zach6668

• dEv~

• serge

• doox

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Brag post time. Lots of people saw pictures of Malkin practicing and Fleury in his new pads but I just saw them in person during a closed practice.     I was down at the arena to get my security

Yes I agree that Crosby kids gotta go. Can I interest you in a phaneuf?

JapersRink ‏@JapersRink · 20m Really looking forward to Dan Bylsma being either an idiot who can't win with Sid or a genius who can win without a bottom-6 after tonight.

No Malkin tonight for the same reason, though it's unclear if he has to sit this one out or is just still injured (he did miss a game before the ASG).

Ya I think you are wrong..Crosby has been told he cant play, Malkin's injury is a bit more serious...He actually didnt play the last game before the ASG..Crosby played 23 minutes.

Crosby has been downplaying it saying he was really hurt, but ya...It is out there.

Ya, I don't care either way. If Crosby thinks he needs a week off in Januay, I don't care if he skips the ASG.

Of course YOU dont care..But people do...At some point if you are the face of the NHL, you have to BE the face of the NHL.

Part of me thinks that he screwed the ASG and wanted the rest but the other half says that missing 1 regular season game because of the wanted rest is not EV for the team

Part of me thinks that he screwed the ASG and wanted the rest but the other half says that missing 1 regular season game because of the wanted rest is not EV for the team

the point is EVERY player there could of used the rest..

I can use the rest today, but I am at work...

Of course YOU dont care..But people do...At some point if you are the face of the NHL, you have to BE the face of the NHL.

When isn't he the face of the NHL? No player does more to promote the league than he does. If you want to call waving at fans from the press box at the All Star game "being the face" of the league, then ok. I don't see the point.

When isn't he the face of the NHL? No player does more to promote the league than he does. If you want to call waving at fans from the press box at the All Star game "being the face" of the league, then ok. I don't see the point.

Obviously he doesn't.

One All star in his career. I mean it's no big deal. He doesn't have the personality of Ovechkin or a Kane. Fans love to see the personalities.

I mean he does tons for charities and the community. But this all star game is a bit different.

I guess we differ in how important we view a game that barely resembles hockey.

Thars irrelevant. The game isn't hockey. I agree. But the weekend is a huge commercial for the sport. For the kids it's massive.

Hmm... Pens are stockpiling piles of shit, apparently.

I quite dislike Lapierre, but don't really know how he is as a hockey player. Is he better than Goc?

I was just thinking during the game how mediocre Goc has been, but that tends to mean he's been fine, as he's never been flashy or good at scoring or anything. I don't know. Weird.

Word is that he's bigger and faster than Goc and he's a good faceoff guy and pk'r. Seems like an upgrade to me.

He brings a bit of an edge and the sense around here is that the penguins have had enough with trying to change the standard by which the NHL has on goonery. If you can't beat em, join em.

Personally I like to see the most skillful game I can and the hacks that do nothing but take runs out there should find another league. Downie has that edge but has skill. Lapierre apparently has reformed his game a bit under Ken Hitchcock but I'm sure that edge can return quickly.

Bottom line is that the penguins are looking like a tougher and tougher team to play against for a 7 game series and I think they might have a some of those in a few months.

I think Lapierre probably has a tad more skill than Goc. I agree that it's fine. I can't imagine i being a big upgrade, if it is at all, since they were just traded one for one. Mostly a lateral move, with just a slight change of style, but really, not that much.

Penguins made an offer for Daniel Winnik..As per Darren Dreger..Leafs declined..

I am assuming it would be like a lower end pick.

Said this out loud to myself 6 seconds before he scored the OT goal, but holy shit has Despres ever improved his game this year. He's been ****ing phenomeonal. I don't know if he'll ever really score at any sort of pace, especially behind Letang and eventually Pouliot, etc, but man his all around game has taken giant steps. He's a legit top 4 d-man, I think.

• 2 weeks later...

Huh... Weird. Wonder why the Pens got Arcobello. Won't complain about the depth, but didn't think it was needed.

He is now on waivers