• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Zach6668

• dEv~

• serge

• doox

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Brag post time. Lots of people saw pictures of Malkin practicing and Fleury in his new pads but I just saw them in person during a closed practice.     I was down at the arena to get my security

Yes I agree that Crosby kids gotta go. Can I interest you in a phaneuf?

JapersRink ‏@JapersRink · 20m Really looking forward to Dan Bylsma being either an idiot who can't win with Sid or a genius who can win without a bottom-6 after tonight.

Word from who? My source has him still with Cole at the morning skate.

Cole is actually one of our few solid blue liners.

Lovejoy and Scuderi are trash. Dumoulin is just whatever.

How long until Pouliot comes up?

Cole has been off his game lately. He was brutal in the Calgary game, and Letang seemed really pissed about his giveaway that led to the last goal. I forget where I read the D pairings - probably facebook - but the Pens app has projected lines of Letang/Maatta, Lovejoy/Dumoulin, and Scuderi/Cole.

I don't know about Pouliot, For whatever reason, MJ doesn't want to switch the D up much, so I was surprised he's supposedly going with this pairing. I figured Clendenning would crack the line-up at some point, especially against Vancouver, but nope. Pouliot got in trouble for that public intoxication last week, so I'm sure management is even less happy with him right now than they already were.

thoughts on that Minny goal?

Looked like a nice goal. I dunno, did I miss some overtly bad play? Pierre whined about Kessel not being strong on the boards, but seems like a stretch on the replay, it was a lost battle, but like, you're gonna lose some battles, so....? Good shot by Granlund, low blocker.

Maatta just got shoved from behind, long after he passed the puck, into the open bench door. He almost died. This league is such a joke for dangerous plays.

Meh, I'm equally biased in the other direction but it was a marginal play made dangerous because of the bench randomly opening after he hit him. Should have been a 2 minute penalty probably, but nothing more.

Reffing has been pretty terrible in pittsburghs favour so far overall.

Eh, it's a dangerous play, even more so because it's at the bench, which players are absolutely aware of. Just stop doing it.

(Minnesota is easily my 2nd favorite team, but still so far behind the Pens that they get me riled up. :))

lmaoooooooo the reffing in this game man...

Kessel gets a high stick penalty, sure, control your stick, but only happens because Dumba interfered with him... Cullen gets a trip for perhaps the most obvious dive ever... Wild score on the 5-on-3. And it wasn't even Zucker, dammit!

I wonder how much truth there is to this

Mike Colligan ‏@MikeColligan 2h2 hours ago

According to @MattBarnaby3636, multiple sources have indicated "there is definitely a rift" between Crosby and #Pens owner Mario Lemieux

Hmm Colligan is pretty trustworthy, but not sure Barnaby is.

What could they possibly have a "rift" about?

the coach?

the coach?

Mario isn't involved in hockey ops.

I guess the only thing he has official control over is hiring/firing the GM?

I'm not sure what Sid could be upset about, other than just being generally mediocre, which angers anybody with his competitive nature.

It's funny the way you can skew things with wording.

"His lowest points per game of his career"

I would have added "which still led the NHL in points per game"

And "haven't won a Cup since 2009". I would have said "won the Cup in 2009 (a ridiculously huge accomplishment), but haven't been back to the finals since."

And "haven't won a Cup since 2009". I would have said "won the Cup in 2009 (a ridiculously huge accomplishment), but haven't been back to the finals since."

the team is the 6th lowest scoring in the league and Crosby is being outscored by Uncle Leo and Dion Phaneuf so there should be a lot of anger and concern

Sure it's all optics and spin. You can also argue with that lineup they should of won 3 cups.

I still think it's the coach and style