Official Foxwoods Updates

3 1 Mike Perry 429,5003 2 Michael Luciano Polera 124,0003 3 John Barucci 183,0003 4 Nenad Medic 1,005,0003 5 Pete Giordano 58,0003 6 Daniel Negreanu 261,5003 7 Farhad Sinari 323,5003 8 Dave Singer 115,0003 9 Ben Armstrong 856,5003 10 Gioi Luong 160,000I think he could be in much worse position for seating on the final 3 tables. Singer to his left in the short stack should be good, while we know he won't be letting the 2nd in chips (Nenad) steal his blinds freely.Go DN!
I've got .5 % of seat 7. Go easy on him please.
  • Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rich Levy is the Bubble BoyA shortstacked Rich Levy pushes all in from early position for just under $16,000 and Alan Schein makes the call with A3. Rich Levy flips over A-K. The board comes the 954J2 giving Schein the wheel.Rich Levy is eliminated in 61st place. WE IN THE MONEY 14k + keep it up DN!!
man what a crappy way to bubble. Pretty sure I stab my eyes out with toothpicks if I play a 15 hour day then another 10 hours and get rivered like that when in such a dominating preflop position.
man what a crappy way to bubble. Pretty sure I stab my eyes out with toothpicks if I play a 15 hour day then another 10 hours and get rivered like that when in such a dominating preflop position.
Yeah, but by now everyone knows A K is overrated at this point, especially here on the bubble. At best he's 50% vs any pair that's going to look him up. Why risk your entire tourney on a coin flip. From a strategic standpoint he could have easily folded and waited for another player to bust, in all likelihood he wouldn't have had to wait very long. Obviously the situation gets flipped around if Levy has a substantial chip count, A K is very playable here. So much so that I guarantee Schein folds A3 to any move Levy makes.I love bubble time, the rush of adrenaline during this part of a tourney is amazing. Sure, I'm not playing in $10k tourneys but I do play weekly at the Bike and Commerce in their much lower buy-in tourney's ranging from $100-500 dollars. The final table doesn't compare (adrenalin-wise) maybe because I've spent it all on the bubble but then again I'm not playing for $1 million...

Nenad Medic raises to $46,000 preflop from middle position and Daniel Negreanu calls from the cutoff. The flop comes Kdiamond8spade6club and Medic bets $80,000. Negreanu immediately moves all in for his last $228,000 total. Medic makes the call and shows Kclub6heart for two pair. Negreanu shows AdiamondAheart and is behind. The turn is the 9diamond and the river is the Qclub. Negreanu does not improve and is eliminated in 27th place.

Well Hoyt got bounced and their are 39 left at last check DN had 130k.
Daniel just went bust. aa vs k6...K6 hit on flop. GG Daniel.
Nenad Medic raises to $46,000 preflop from middle position and Daniel Negreanu calls from the cutoff. The flop comes Kdiamond8spade6club and Medic bets $80,000. Negreanu immediately moves all in for his last $228,000 total. Medic makes the call and shows Kclub6heart for two pair. Negreanu shows AdiamondAheart and is behind. The turn is the 9diamond and the river is the Qclub. Negreanu does not improve and is eliminated in 27th place.
That's what you get for just calling pre-flop with aces. (sw)
Yea I'm sure theres a suicide watch on him right now...Tough way to go out Daniel. Sidebets on how many times he said "cooler" throughout the hand?
i once heard that one of the biggest mistakes newbies make is overplaying AA.not saying this was the case but it is boarderline!wgt anyways Daniel !
That's prety dumb dude, lol. No offense, but seriously, there was 136,000 in the pot, Nenand bet 70,000 and I had about 220,000 left. What exactly would you have me do with AA on a K-8-6 flop? lol...
i once heard that one of the biggest mistakes that newbies make is overplaying AA.not saying this was the case but it is boarderline!wgt anyways Daniel !
Where do you play?
That's prety dumb dude, lol. No offense, but seriously, there was 136,000 in the pot, Nenand bet 70,000 and I had about 220,000 left. What exactly would you have me do with AA on a K-8-6 flop? lol...
Thats a great way to respond to your "fans", LOL (i put that there since you love to say it). I find it odd that you played this hand this way and yet you pushed with far worse hands earlier in the tournament (at least from what I read from you and the updates).

sometimes a person will play AA to keep someone in the pot rather than to exclude them. it can pay big with the AA disguised. or it can blow up in your face like overheated july 1st back bacon.

basically it was a smooth call trap and the big stack raiser was playing some junk and hit. DN was low and chips and had to try that move. GG.

3 1 Mike Perry 429,5003 2 Michael Luciano Polera 124,0003 3 John Barucci 183,0003 4 Nenad Medic 1,005,0003 5 Pete Giordano 58,0003 6 Daniel Negreanu 261,5003 7 Farhad Sinari 323,5003 8 Dave Singer 115,0003 9 Ben Armstrong 856,5003 10 Gioi Luong 160,000I think he could be in much worse position for seating on the final 3 tables. Singer to his left in the short stack should be good, while we know he won't be letting the 2nd in chips (Nenad) steal his blinds freely.Go DN!
Thats not the real David Singer. There is an interview of him on pokerwire where he says that everyone keeps asking him how he's doing, but Dave Singer is someone else.
I think he was saying (or I hope he was) that your error was preflop.If you repop it, there's no way he calls with K6. If you'd have played it more straightforward, you woulda still been in the tourney.After the flop, there was nothing you could do.I think he was saying your preflop smooth call was a little too cute.
Thats a great way to respond to your "fans", LOL (i put that there since you love to say it). I find it odd that you played this hand this way and yet you pushed with far worse hands earlier in the tournament (at least from what I read from you and the updates).
Did you read my blog? I re-raised in this tournament pre-flop a TOTAL of five times. Once with JJ and QQ, and once with AK. Later, I did it two more times with AK when I got shorter on chips. I don't re-raise before the flop very often. This looked like a good spot to give myself a chance to double up and win a big pot.
I think he was saying (or I hope he was) that your error was preflop.If you repop it, there's no way he calls with K6. If you'd have played it more straightforward, you woulda still been in the tourney.After the flop, there was nothing you could do.I think he was saying your preflop smooth call was a little too cute.
When the play works people think you are a genuis, but the rare occasion when the guy is able to draw out on AA people are so quick to say how bad a play it was to slowplay them, lol. If I win that pot I become a real force in the tournament with over 500,000 in chips. I was actually hoping that the button or one of the blinds would re-raise pre-flop. They were all pre-flop players so the play was even more perfect for that set of guys. The button thought about it for a while bit then mucked.
Did you read my blog? I re-raised in this tournament pre-flop a TOTAL of five times. Once with JJ and QQ, and once with AK. Later, I did it two more times with AK when I got shorter on chips. I don't re-raise before the flop very often. This looked like a good spot to give myself a chance to double up and win a big pot. When the play works people think you are a genuis, but the rare occasion when the guy is able to draw out on AA people are so quick to say how bad a play it was to slowplay them, lol. If I win that pot I become a real force in the tournament with over 500,000 in chips. I was actually hoping that the button or one of the blinds would re-raise pre-flop. They were all pre-flop players so the play was even more perfect for that set of guys. The button thought about it for a while bit then mucked.
It looked like a good play to me. He's probably not calling a pre-flop all-in with K6. If he doesn't get lucky and hit both cards on the flop, DN would've got the max out of the hand. If DN moves pre-flop, I think he loses out on some potential chips.
Did you read my blog? I re-raised in this tournament pre-flop a TOTAL of five times. Once with JJ and QQ, and once with AK. Later, I did it two more times with AK when I got shorter on chips. I don't re-raise before the flop very often. This looked like a good spot to give myself a chance to double up and win a big pot. When the play works people think you are a genuis, but the rare occasion when the guy is able to draw out on AA people are so quick to say how bad a play it was to slowplay them, lol. If I win that pot I become a real force in the tournament with over 500,000 in chips. I was actually hoping that the button or one of the blinds would re-raise pre-flop. They were all pre-flop players so the play was even more perfect for that set of guys. The button thought about it for a while bit then mucked.
It should be quite obvious that they don't see how you have been playing. Let the idiots talk.
Most of us here would have done the same thing. There is no way of putting someone on K rag and the board hitting them between the eyes. It was just bad luck. Atleast you made it past the first day, and now you have some hands for your articles.GG DN